Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

701ecilana's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 701ecilana's Profile / 701ecilana's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 41 pages)

Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
uboma:

Please tell me the meaning of sin.

I am open to learn more if what you will say is not what I already know.
Sin is a disease of the Spirit, just like Cancer is the disease of the flesh.

The way Cancer ravishes and destroys the flesh, so also sin ravishes and destroys the Spirit.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

over why I talk about imaginary friends
No, you just talked about your imaginary friend here. If those days are over, your time in NL wld've been over too.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Haha, I've explained this many times in the past, I won't go over it again
You won't go over what again?
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Josephjnr:

grin
Yes nah. These people want the God they can control.

It's a choice, rule, or be ruled.

God rules on dictates, Laws, Commands and order, not by democracy. It's either we accept or reject it.

If we accept it, the door opens and we enter, if we reject it, whatever you encounter out there, it's on you.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you already know the reply to that
Then why do you always jump into threads that talks about God? If God doesn't exist, then he shouldn't be responsible for any thing you keep accusing him of. If he exists, then we can continue to talk about those things and how they came about.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
OneManLegion:

This, right here, is one of the biggest issues I have with religions: confusion. Do we have freewill or not? If we do, then don't punish us for our choice; if not, don't make us engage in this charade then.

I wish loving others were the only rules. Your religion depicts a genocidal, partial, petty god and tells me to worship it? Why is he so thirst for our worship? Is he suffering from low self esteem? Check your bible, on countless occasions did he order genocide by asking the Israelites to completely annihilate other nations because they serve other gods (remember the moabites, jebusites, amorites, amalekites etc?) and allowed the needless torment of a good man as well as the murder of his children in order to prove his loyalty to his arch-enemy (remember Job?).
Hmmm Pride, the ultimate nature of satan.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
OneManLegion:

The basis that I don't agree should suffice. If I was actually created by yahweh, then he didn't seek my permission to be created but he went ahead anyway only to subject me to unreasonable laws. Does that make sense to you?
And, have you ever gone demanding from your parents why they ever had to have sex to have you? Why haven't you told them or even suit them to court for not aborting you?
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
OneManLegion:

The basis that I don't agree should suffice. If I was actually created by yahweh, then he didn't seek my permission to be created but he went ahead anyway only to subject me to unreasonable laws. Does that make sense to you?

I will advice you to put all your questions together so that you and Him shall have a go at each other. When he says the following to you, you say what you said here to Him.
Here is what He says;

Isaiah 45:9-12
Does a clay pot dare argue with its maker, a pot that is like all the others?

Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing? Does the pot complain that its maker has no skill? Do we dare say to our parents, “Why did you make me like this?”

The Lord, the holy God of Israel, the one who shapes the future, says: “You have no right to question me about my children or to tell me what I ought to do!

I am the one who made the earth and created human beings to live there. By my power I stretched out the heavens; I control the sun, the moon, and the stars.

Pls don't forget to present your case when he says this to Him.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
twosquare:
Maybe you should check my second post on the same line and thread before insulting,....
He didn't insult you. What is even termed insult in this NL sef undecided
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
Peacefullove:
There is no Hellfire . a dead man is not alive , only the living can experience torment .
lol. But allah promises everyone who rejects muhammed as his prophet hellfire, what are you saying here?
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Teempakguy:
of course not. but then throughout the history of Christianity, Yahweh has never really done anything that's fair or even sane. he does things that rank from downright stupid to outright disturbing, hell and it's counterpart is just one of those things.

it's the people who buy into his crap that I'm shocked by.

let me put this in another way, it's those who believe he's actually real and additionally grovel at him that I'm shocked by.
Hahahahaha. What won't i see? So Yahweh does things that are down right stupid and disturbing, yet He is not real?
Man, insanity comes in different shades.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked
The issue of hell is more of doctrine than principle. Having said that there is no guarantee one would stay for eternity in hell, this is because God is both just and merciful the just God will have pay for your sins in hell but the merciful God will also tamper justice with mercy by ensuring you are out of hell after relatively paying for your sins.
@bolded got me. Let me say this, The mercy of God is for man while in the flesh, not when he has died and become a spirit. If God's mercy is for the Spirits, Satan would have obtained that Mercy.

The Justice of God is that God will keep his words.

Remember that God never created Hellfire for man, any man who goes there is doing that by choice.

Hellfire burns forever not for a million years an stops. In their realm of the spirit, there's no time.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
uboma:

As an imperfect man, can you be truly free from sin?

In our thoughts, deeds and words, we do fall short of the grace either intentionally or otherwise.

no man born of woman can be truly free of sin in this wicked world
Do you what sin is?
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Josephjnr:
Fair or not,he is unquestionable. Sometimes I imagine if being god is a political portfolio someone is voted in or out,Jehovah and Allah for no win any election again. They(if the exist) have failed us and we need new spiritual leaders (gods). Hahahaha.
God is not a Democrat.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
tete7000:
Cc: milkymesh, hopefulLandlord

It is not fire that is real punishment for sin but eternal exclusion from God. God was in the fire with those three young men and they didn't burn. God is light and without him is darkness, the darkness of hell is therefore absence of God, absence of light. Is eternal exclusion from God a fair punishment? Yes for those who rejected God while they lived. You can't have possession of what you already denied existed by words or deeds.
God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
rottennaija:

Same question can be asked, is eternity with God and eternal bliss a fair reward for doing good? Even if for a short duration?

Why not then stop sinning? Do you think he it didn't pain him to give you his only son to die in your behalf? And yet, he has not brought judgements to the world yet and has given you the time to repent.

Sadly, many throughout their life time never care to take the provision. So, isn't it just that he punishes those who refuse to take up the provision?
Funniest part is, He isn't even the one punishing anyone. Hellfire was never meant to for man, it was for satan and demons. Any human who ends up there chose it.

GOD IS NOT PUNISHING ANY HUMAN WITH HELLFIRE.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
twosquare:
Revelation judgment is Lake of Fire. The verse that you quoted talks about the Lake of fire... Mark talks about hell fire... That it can't be quenched means what it is... It can't be stopped doesn't mean it is for eternity. Revelation 20 shows the end of this prison called hell. Only God will stop it when He introduces His own punishment.
Semantics, that is what that is called in the Literally genre. Calling one thing with two different terms. Lake of fire burns eternally, Hellfire which burns eternally is also Lake of fire.
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
twosquare:
Hell is not forever, neither is it for eternity. (Rev 20:14)
Misquoting scriptures sir. Seek Knowledge. After the White Throne Judgement, whatever gets throne into the Hell which burns with fire and brime Stone, shall be forever and ever
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Hell always sounded like a cynical marketing ploy designed to make people afraid to leave or displease the particular sect. And it seemed to really kill empathy - 'god says they burn, they burn' doesn't make me think of someone being full of love and compassion and all that.

Eternal punishment for finite transgressions always seemed abusive to me. How can someone look at the idea of a being who would condemn people to that and call it love?

Even when I was a Christian Hell was just too weird for me to accept. Infinite punishment for finite offenses is an eye for an eye on steroids. Punishing people for disobeying nit-picky rules makes God an abusive parent. One reason often given for punishment is to teach the offender not to offend again, but if punishment is eternal then how can the offender benefit from this teaching? Jesus is supposed to be into forgiveness but forgiveness shouldn't involve eternal suffering. Hell isn’t redemptive, it isn’t leading to repentance, it’s simply pain for pain’s sake.

I love this quote: “Heaven and hell seem out of proportion to me: the actions of men do not deserve so much.”

and of course I get the rationalisation of hell by Christians saying its moral accountability and saying bad people go to hell;
that's nonsense and they know it!!!

If Yahweh is real and omniscient, that means he already decided that we're going to hell before he even created us. But if this omniscient deity allows for deathbed conversions, then it doesn't matter what kind of life you lead. You could be a brutal dictator who massacred tens of millions of people, yet still get into heaven if you tell Jesus you're sorry. Your victims could all go to hell for eternity if they never repented. That's how bleeped up Christian morality is.

Maybe Christians can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the Christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many Christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But Christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending Christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?
I will gladly take you on fully on this discussion if you'd admit that at least God exist.

Does God exists?
Religion / Re: Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? by 701ecilana: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
milkymesh:
When a person commits a crime, the punishment is based upon both the severity of the crime and the person whom the crime is against.

I know that because God is just, people will suffer according to there deeds, and some will suffer longer than others. But how can you say that a just God would allow me who who stole a goat suffer the same fate as Boko Haram's Shakau who is responsible for thousands deaths?
Why should I suffer eternally for a sin I probably committed for a few weeks or years?
And how can a just God cause men to suffer torture FOREVER?
Will HE in His mercies shut his heart against those who in agony have been crying for thousands of years in hellfire asking for mercy and forgiveness??

The picture of God painted thought the doctrine of hellfire seems to contradict the merciful and loving God taught in the bible.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
My dear, there's a misunderstanding here. What sends you to Hellfire is not the sin (stealing a goat or killing another human) you commit but the nature of sin

Let me try to make something clear here.

God is a Spirit, he lives in the realm of the spirit. He created us in his(Spiritual) image, and, we in Adam had his nature(Spiritual).So, with that component, we were able to connect and fellowship with Him in Eden. But, with time, Adam decided to revolt and took independence from God. He sort to be God for himself (Atheism) and live according to his own terms and conditions. He didn't need God's help or fellowship. This broke the link (spirituality) which connected him to God. He died.

The death here wasn't the death of the flesh, but that of the spirit. It's called Spiritual Death, separation from God.

When this disconnection took place, our Man's [/b]spiritual nature died too. In search of that reconnection gave rise to [b]Religion which is now ravishing humanity. (God never gave any man religion sir).

Now, Man has been trying to reach God from Adam, but he had always failed, because God never made it that way. He comes to man, not Man going to Him. When you seek Him, you shall meet another spirit, a false spirit masquerading as an Angel of light. Satan.

For this reason(Reconnection with God), Jesus came. See? Jesus came. He always has to be the one to come.

Now, why did Jesus come? It's a question, that when answered, all your confusions will be cleared.

Jesus came to act as a bridge through which we can walk on to cross back to God, but if we don't believe that He is capable of reconnecting us back to God, then we will continue to live in the darkness that we have been all along. But, if you believe, as you go (walk through him) he gives you His own life, (becos you have lost yours in Adam). His life which you take at redemption, gives you back the nature you had lost.

It is this nature that grands you access into God's kingdom when you die.

If you die without this nature, you can't access God's kingdom even if you had lived your entire life not stealing, killing or committing any sin at all, it doesn't matter. What matters is that, you don't have the new nature which can only be gotten through Christ.

This is what sends you to hell sir, not your sins.

Pls note: in the spiritual realm, there's no neutrality. There's nothing like 'am neither here or there', you MUST belong somewhere.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Jesus V Muhammed - Muslim Response - Talk Islam by 701ecilana: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Habyz:

I still don't understand why you are so stupid, I never called myself a genius and even if I did every person including geniuses seeks knowledge to get it.
The stupid one is the one running around calling people stupid.

Here was what i said before you jumped on me with your Islamic stupidity

In your fisrt quote to me you said this;

So you have to need knowledge before you start looking for it. #YourMumuDonDo[/quote]

If you need something, but don't seek it, how will you get it?
Romance / Re: How Do I Get To Meet A Good Girl? by 701ecilana: 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ishilove:

My honourable colleague has spoken grin
What did he say? cool
Romance / Re: How Do I Get To Meet A Good Girl? by 701ecilana: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ishilove:

Let me confer with my colleague.

Sukkot, should she apply? cheesy
Hahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy Colleague@ Derailing Association of Nairaland. Imaooo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 41 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.