Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

701ecilana's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 701ecilana's Profile / 701ecilana's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 41 pages)

Religion / Re: The Middle Path by 701ecilana: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
The author of this thread isn't an atheist. He does not get "delusional over what isn't their business and what they claim does not exist".
So why have you chosen to be a Jackass on his thread?
Lolzzzzz. He is a devil worshiper and a proud one at that, you should stop pretending and admit openly that you are devil worshipper too.

Satanist.
Religion / Re: The Middle Path by 701ecilana: 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
enigmatic16:

Oya its an atheist playing ground, jus leave already, u already accused atheists of not letting u religious folk be.. And u re here doing d same. Who is dependent on who now¿
Did you read what you typed?? These are devil worshippers' thread, but you, an atheist just called it an atheists play ground.
Hahahahahaha. When i call atheists demons-possessed i know exactly what am saying.
Religion / Re: How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? by 701ecilana: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
internationalman:

I for one don't believe it's a sin to marry one's brother or sister.
So base on your believe, you are not having sex with your siblings?
Religion / Re: How Old Was Adam When God Created Him? by 701ecilana: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Megatrix:
Old enough to know where to put his dick when eve came to him
Correct bobo.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm

that is the writing of Ignatius of Antioch
I have responded to your brother, pls refer.
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
easymancfc:

It did according to history.. The Church was called Catholic long before Christianity was legalized as a permitted by the Constantine... Constantine legalised Christianity in the Roman empire with the edict of Milan in 313..
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_of_Milan

But 200 years before that Ignatius of Antioch who was bishop of Antioch in the early 100s.. history holds that he was a disciple of John...
he called the Church Catholic in his letter to the Smyrnaeans

Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to baptize or give communion without the consent of the bishop. On the
other hand, whatever has his apporoval is pleasing to God.
Thus, whatever is done will be safe and valid. — Letter to the Smyrnaeans 8, J.R. Willis translation.

This was one of the seven letters he wrote on his way to Rome to be martyred in 107 AD
here are the seven letters
Seven Authentic Letters:
The Letter to the Ephesians ,
The Letter to the Magnesians ,
The Letter to the Trallians ,
The Letter to the Romans ,
The Letter to the Philadelphians ,
The Letter to the Smyrnaeans ,
The Letter to Polycarp, Bishop of Smyrna

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
I hope you know there were so many Churches back then known by their locations but not by names?

Before Constantine made the Church a state religion, had the Churches been made one by calling it by one unified name (Catholic Church) and no longer by the locations as they were known before then?

If yes, Source pls.

easymancfc:

But 200 years before that Ignatius of Antioch who was bishop of Antioch in the early 100s.. history holds that he was a disciple of John...
Apostle Paul planted Churches every where, in different cities and locations. Other Apostles also planted nameless Churches, but you are singling out Ignatius of Antioch who was a so called an Apostle of John, (not of Jesus) to give the honour of naming the Church of Jesus? Under whose mandate?

The Great Apostle Paul did not name the Church of Jesus Christ but Ignatius could?

Do you still remember that the Smyrnean Church wasn't given a name even by the Master, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? He, the head of the Church called that church 'The Church in Smyrna'. Apostls John did not name the Smyrnaen church.

Note pls, that the Apostle John did not establish the Churches in the Asia Minor then, Paul did. The Master only gave him revelations of warning for the Churches.

easymancfc:

Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to baptize or give communion without the consent of the bishop. On the
other hand, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God.
Pls i will need Scriptural backing for this.

easymancfc:

Thus, whatever is done will be safe and valid. — Letter to the Smyrnaeans 8, J.R. Willis translation.
This seems to suggest that it was the Church in Smyrna that Ignatius named. Did he also name the other Churches?

easymancfc:

This was one of the seven letters he wrote on his way to Rome to be martyred in 107 AD
Seven Authentic Letters:

Were the letters written on his way to Rome or in the Island of Patmos?

I'm seeing Letter to the Magnesians
The Letter to Trallians.
The Letter to Romans, and to Polycarp and you called them authentic. But, i can't find them in the Bible. What makes them authentic?

There's something here. Who do we go with? Apostle John who receive the revelations for the Churches or Ignatius his servant?

John received the visions to the churches, the Giver of the vision and the conveyor of the visions didn't name the church[ies], but Ignatius could? Who gave him that mandate?

Don't you think that if Ignatius received a Mandate from Christ to name His Church, that could have been recorded in the Scriptures?

There's still something here; Which Church did Ignatius name, the Smyrnian Church or the entire Churches both in Asia Minor and others locations? Was the Church in Jerusalem also called the Catholic Church because Ignatius said so?

Cc: BlueAgent.
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
easymancfc:

It did according to history.. The Church was called Catholic long before Christianity was legalized as a permitted by the Constantine... Constantine legalised Christianity in the Roman empire with the edict of Milan in 313..
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_of_Milan

Seven Authentic Letters:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

easymancfc:

It did according to history.. The Church was called Catholic long before Christianity was legalized as a permitted by the Constantine... Constantine legalised Christianity in the Roman empire with the edict of Milan in 313.
I hope you know there so many Churches back then known by their locations but not by names?

Before Constantine made the Church a state religion, had the Churches been made one by calling it by one unified name (Catholic Church) and no longer by the locations as they were known before then?
Source pls.

easymancfc:

Apostle Paul planted Churches every where, in different cities and locations. Other Apostles also planted nameless Churches, but you are singling out Ignatius of Antioch who was a so called an Apostle of John, (not of Jesus) to give the honour of naming the Church of Jesus? Under whose mandate?

The Great Apostle Paul did not name the Church of Jesus Christ but Ignatius could?

Do you still remember that the Smyrnean Church wasn't given a name even by the Master, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? He, the head of the Church called that church 'The Church in Symna'. Apostls John did not name the Symnaen church.

Note pls, that the Apostle John did not establish the Churches in the Asia Minor then, Paul did. The Master only gave him revelations of warning for the Churches.

easymancfc:

Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:

1. the Church was called the Way during the middle 1st century.

2. By the late 1st century and the early 2nd century it had a name it was called the Catholic Church as can be seen from the writing of Ignatius of Antioch which @easy already reference.

3.Christianity became a state religion in the 5th century but even before then all through the 2nd, 3rd and 4th century the Church has been called the Catholic Church. And as the Way is simply the early name for the Catholic Church it follows that the 1st century church is Catholic.

4. Nero persecuted the Church about AD 64, but he wasn't even the most grievous persecutor nor did he proclaim laws for the whole empire to do so like the emperor Desius 225AD.

5. As for source I will paste the martyrs and allow them bear testimony by themselves that they were Catholics.

Ignatius of Antioch was martyr in Rome abt 107 AD

he was Catholic since he wrote the following.
Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to baptize or
give communion without the consent of the bishop. On the other hand, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God.
Thus, whatever is done will be safe and valid. —
Letter to the Smyrnaeans

polycarp disciple of John the apostle AD 110

The Martyrdom of Polycarp
When finally he concluded his prayer, after
remembering all who had at any time come his
way – small folk and great folk, distinguished
and undistinguished, and the whole Catholic
Church throughout the world – the time for
departure came. So they placed him on an ass,
and brought him into the city on a great
Sabbath ( The Martyrdom of Polycarp 8 [A.D.
110]).

Link?
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 12:00am On Sep 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the name is the Catholic church.

would you accept the testimony of those who were killed and their fellow Christian as valid source?

Source pls. because the last i know the Church didn't have a name until the Roman Empire adopted it as a state religion. So pls, Sourse. Pls don't tell me to believe testimonies of people.

When Nero was killing Christians, were those Christians Catholics?
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
una Protestants and conspiracy theories without base.

there was no plot, Arabia was populated by Syriac Catholics all in communion with Rome and the pope so why will the pope plot to kill them.

you seem very ignorant of how 8th century Christianity was like... about every Christian then was Catholic with very few exception... so why will the pope try to kill people who are already in communion with him?

use common sense abeg.
Was the Islamic incursion in the 8Century?
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
LogicStatement:

Ah ah!!! Bros, take it easy with these lies. I opened my mouth all through reading this and shaking my head at your ignorance or mischief. Stop writing what you don't know & pls don't change history.
There was NEVER a conspiracy (written or spoken) by historians between Catholic church and Islam to wage jihad against cities so that Islam would convert people to Catholicism in return. That is absolute rubbish and lacks sense. Rather, the Catholic church was persecuted by the Roman empire but survived it. The church was also persecuted by Islam at some point in history when they waged the 'holy war' called jihad against cities and Christians. One of the first of the kinds was the jihad against Turkey which was predominantly Catholic (Christian) country leaving many forcefully converted to Islam and many killed because they refused to renounce their faith in Christ. Some others fled. Presently, Turkey is Muslim nation with minority few as Christians.
What was the name of the Church Persecuted by the Roman Empire?

Source pls.
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2017
cstr1000:

The Romans killed christ. The Roman catholic church is in rome and was founded by Romans.
Hahahahahahahahahaha. No. Rome didn't kill Christ. No one could kill Christ even if they wanted to.

The Master gave them himself. He offered Himself for his mission on earth to be accomplished.

John:10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

This is why He asked his father to forgive them all.

And, again, pls, the Catholic church or any church for that matter was not inexistence when Christ Sacrificed His life. So pls stop okay?
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2017
cstr1000:

The vast majority were christians. Constantinople the capital of turkey was founded by a christian roman emperor called Constantine.
When muslims invaded turkey and carried out a forced conversion, it caused a war between islam and the roman catholic church called the first crusade. The invading Seljuk turks also slaughtered millions of Armenians to enforce islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade

Even till now, turkish prime minister Erdogan accused pope francis and the European union of maintaining the old crusade against turkey
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/26/mentality-of-the-crusades-turkey-slams-pope-francis-armenian-genocide-comment
http://www.dw.com/en/erdogan-accuses-eu-of-crusade-against-islam/a-37979126
Well. These facts are not very accurate. First and Foremost, Emperor Constantine naming a city Constantinople was purely political and nothing Christian. He didn't do it becos he wanted to see souls saved for Christ. It was his conquest.

When you mentioned Apostle Paul coming from Turkey, i was hoping you'd tell me how that is possible, but you left it to talk about the Catholic Church and their political invasions.

Listen friend. Our Lord and Master Jesus Christ gave visions to Apostle John to the Churches in Asia Minor which was then Ephesus and the rest. Do a research of Ephesus, Symnah, Pergamum, Thythira Sadis, Pamphilia. Find out where these cities were and where they are now. Those cities have been morphed into different countries.

There's a lie which is circulating everywhere and making it seem like Christianity has failed or Christ is not doing enough. Listen my brother, Christ didn't come to take over cities or nations, Christ never was interested in world governments, He came for souls. And believe me, Islam may have taken the seat of power which it does immediately it gets into a place, but you maybe surprised how many Christians are in Turkey.

Satan thrives on lies and propaganda, believe me.
Muslims will have you believe there are no Christians in Saudi Arabia right? But they are.

The Catholic Church went about conquering nations and turning them to Catholic, also did Islam. They are children of the same father.

Let me blow you mind, Catholicism raised Islam. They gave islam the power it had with the hope that, when Islam was able to erase real Christianity, Islam will surrender power to them, but alas, Islam revolted against it's master and became a thorn.

And, as for Islam. They come attacking first, when you attack back, they stand back and begin to cry foul.

Without their evil plot to kill everyone and turn the world to Islam, there wouldn't have been the Crusades.

Edorgan is an ignorant or deceptive man at best.
Religion / Re: Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? by 701ecilana: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
johnydon22:

You cannot be so sure
Really? You know me that little? Well, i know you that much.
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
cstr1000:

I read somewhere that sinai is in saudi arabia or is it mount hebron?
Anyway, if that is the case, then Egyptian territory has expanded. In Moses days, those were not Egyptian territory. They already left Egypt before they got to mount sinai for the 10 commandments.
You read? Why not just google it?
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
MykOnyxo:

even all the seven churches mentioned in book of revelation were located in modern Turkey.... the biggest church then is now a mosque.......
Don't worry, Satan will fight and make the ignorant believe he is winning, but he is not.
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
cstr1000:
It is also funny how the Roman catholic Church is now regarded as the only church.
These are the guys that killed Jesus, Slaughtered Christians in their thousands, fed them to lions, and beheaded hundreds including the apostles.
Now they are the custodian of Christianity.
This guy you dey try o hahahahahahaha. So Catholics killed Christ? Really, tell me more?

1 Like

Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
cstr1000:
Turkey is now islam. The same country where apostle paul came from.
So much can change in 800 years.
What?? Apostle Paul came from Turkey?

Pls get your facts right. All these unverified talks. Turkey was never a Christian nation. Christianity got there fine, but it was never a Christian nation.
Religion / Re: Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution by 701ecilana: 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
Evaberry:

haha

The last pic tho

He looks like someone who just got a dick inserted in his ass .lol

I mean what kinda sitting position is that.

Hahahahhahahahahaha. Lawwwd. You bad eh
Religion / Re: Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? by 701ecilana: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I think it would be proper to tell us the verses you quote.
He is not out to have a discussion, but to scorn and malign. Don't feed him. Let the thread die.

We feed these people, without us, they die, let them die.
Religion / Re: Buddhists And Rohingya Muslims. by 701ecilana: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
lawani:
You think only christian or muslim, but my theology is traditionalist
So you are practicing Witchcraft yet you had the need to talk about the Christianity you know nothing about?
Religion / Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by 701ecilana: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
adepeter2027:
I dont even understand the op sef...
No be your type dey here.

Johnnydon22, pls help lecture this child.
Religion / Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by 701ecilana: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
johnydon22:

It's quite a simple question, if we evolved in a planet without water [assuming that is possible as the OP suggests], there would be absolutely no need for water in the first place so manufacturing it becomes unnecessary, we would be ignorant of the existence of water and our biological compositions, process, formations and systems would be totally different from what it is now
Here is someone who is smart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by 701ecilana: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You talk now. Are you excluding yourself from the "critical thinkers"?

@OP
We will not exist if there's no water anywhere.
We are 70% water.
Water is existence.

I'm i an atheists who deny that God created everything to synchronize with existence?
Religion / Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by 701ecilana: 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
You didn't mention them? You go wait tire.

Do well to mention them and see how many will come.
Romance / Re: Me And My Cousin, True Life Story : Your Candid Opinion!!! by 701ecilana: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
its only people that believe india beat nigeria 100-1 that would believe this
You don't believe the story becos it's not possible for it to happen or becos the guy is deliberately lying?

Well, brothers and sisters from the same parents are doing these more.

A family of 4 Dad, Mom, a son and daughter. Mom and Dad Medical doctors so hardly at home. House helps bought in male friends and together the watched X-rated movies. They do their things not considering the kid.
One day mom returns and finds out on the screen blue film playing the kids watching. She fires the mate. But the kids had had it registered in them. Mom removed all the tapes from the house. So the kids began experimenting on themselves. They grew to.enjoy it. They never allowed anyone else to do it with them, it was them for themselves.

It went on for long without any suspicion. Later the girl gets pregnant, only for Mom to realize it was her son who got his sister pregnant. She got it aborted and tried for them to see a therapist, they were seeing the therapist and still doing it. She for pregnant again, she removed it, now she decided to quit her job to be home more, but it was too late. The kids live the house for school, but don't go to school. They go look foe a place and get it going.

When the schools called for the parent's to know that these kids where skipping school, the parents decided to sperate them and send the boy abroad to continue with school. But the girl was pregnant again.

In the process of the D&C, complication arose, she later died. The brother/ husband overseas hears and commits suicide dropping a note to be given to his parents.

True story.

Worst things happen. Father's sleeping with their daughters, their wives knowing and seeing it happen but does nothing. Daughters envying their moms for having such a cool husbands and she, just a side chic

1 Like

Romance / Re: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today by 701ecilana: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Thanks dear wink kiss
Yeah.
Religion / Re: See The Customized ATM Cards That we be Used In Paying Tithe And Offerings by 701ecilana: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
MrRationaL:
Controversial Malawi pastor,Shepherd Bushiriwho just bought a G-Wagon for his wife one month after she bought him a Rolls Royce has released customized ATM cards for his church members to use in paying tithe and offerings.
Prophet Shepherd Bushiri, popularly called Major 1, is the founder of the Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG).
The man of God had in the past showed off his private jet, fleet of cars and lavish lifestyle even as some of his church members wallow in abject poverty.
This time around, he has introduced customized Automated Teller Machine cards with his face for members to pay tithe money into his account.
“Prophet Bushiri rolls out new ATM cards to make it easy for church followers to pay for tithes automatically every Sunday.
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Mynd44
Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/popular-pastor-introduces-customized.html
I thought he was a Nigerian all along. I never lingered long enough to know his name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 41 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.