Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. (29139 Views)

This Is Why Nigerians Do Not Deserve Financial Help From Fellow Nigerians (pics) / Elephant Seen Helping A Lion Cub To A Watering Hole / Hi Nairalanders, A Fellow Needs A Help On How To Overcome Stage Fright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
HenryDion:
That's the sad reality we live in. My advice, hit the gym, and take a few boxing classes. As a man, you're on your own and should be able the defend yourself.

I'm yet to see that idiot that will look at my muscles and still challenge me to a fight. All I get every day is admiration and respect.

People dey look face before they try shit.
Bros nothing concern real fight with muscles oo. No let gym put u for wahala grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by wallarwallar(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nigerian men are Sex Slave. We can do anything just for Sex. Imagine olosho dey bill 50k for sex na men cause am and na we turn all women to olosho cos dey know den don take Sex swear for Naija men. Imagine housewife go dey take style ask for money from her husband before sex because na d perfect time to make demand and as oga no fit do without sex e go pay sharply.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by smile11s(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
lecturer50:
Another thing that is surprising is that most men don't help a fellow man but would rather help women.

But when they have problem, it is a man they would run to for help.

Most men would not go to a woman to get help but they would rather seek help from a man.

But these are the people who like helping only women.

So if they have a need, why not go to women to seek help since it is only women you help?

Why go to a man?

If you are a man, and you help only women, why do you think another man should help you when you don't normally help a man?

I mean, it's very ironical.

Most males believe it is not proper for men to ask help from women.

They equally believe that as a man, they should help only women.

But when they have problem, they still expect a fellow man to help them.

Is it not totally ironical that you don't help another man but you expect another man to help you?

If you believe you must only help a woman, why not seek help from a woman when you also have problem?

I don't understand the irony that characterizes the life of men.

very true. I think its only a natural thing.

https://gist.am/question/why-do-men-find-it-hard-to-help-a-fellow-man-my-experience
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by ajayiopy: 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
lecturer50:
I had a misunderstanding with some motor park agberos and they gang up to beat me up.

Nobody cared to try and save me from them.

After I managed to escape, some people started blaming the agberos for "fighting with me".

I was wondering how people could call that "fighting" when I was not fighting them, but they were the ones who assaulted and beat me up.

Prior to this, a lady went to fight with one boy. She was even the one who was beating the boy while the boy was trying to cover herself from the blows.

Before you know it, many men around joined to beat up the boy. They accused the boy of beating the lady even when it was clear the lady was the one who beat the boy while he was covering himself and trying to escape.

What I observe is that even if it is a female who is assaulting a male, people tend to say it is the male who is the culprit and they'll be supporting the lady.

If a male is being assaulted by another male or males, people would say they are fighting, so that they won't feel the need to save the victim from his tormentors.

All these is done because men don't want to help a fellow man.

MOST MEN ARE BETRAYAL

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by OvertheTop(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
Slynation:
Omo...I tried as much as possible to avoid there wahala after the last encounter, I've got an issue with one about 2years back on a christmas eve when me and my sis went for Christmas shopping...!! For the barrow guy to cross the goods to the other side of the road where we parked, one agbero guy jumped from nowhere and charged us 1k5...Omo I shock, I asked him, then how much will I now pay the barrow guy?? his response was "nkaa gbasara gi" (na that one concern you) I was thinking he was even joking with the price but Baba was serious...!!

Me self wey dey vex say prices of goods don skyrocket all because of Christmas, I just told him that I won't pay more than #500, he said then we won't pass, say make I carry the load for head...!! Ahhh, I just gave my sister my phone and the car key and told her to go wait for me...

I quickly switched to Onitsha slangs + Hausa slangs, I notice say fear come catch the guy small, but e no wan looseguard himself because people don dey gather small small, I told him to collect the 500 if not I will pass through and he won't receive shi-shi, but he was adamant, I told the barrow guy let's go, then the idiot now removed one item from the barrow, na so I follow am, pin am with my left hand for wall, make I launch am better blows for face but I just hang my punch for air, I guess he clearly got the message, then one of their senior came and asked what happened, I explained to him and he cautioned the guy that the charge is too much, that he should collect the 500 and be going...!!

When I got home,I began to reason things, shey if say this guy hold gun or knife now, naso e for shoot or stab me all because of 1k5...!! I realized I allowed my emotions to get the best of me, since then, I began to comport myself around those people...!!

Exactly!
Great Self Assessment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by donprinyo(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
well it's because u too beg and never help others.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by OvertheTop(m): 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
CSNg:
Sorry poster! It is encounters like yours that made me get a taser for myself. I can't be caught in a situation where I will be molested and manhandled by anyone anyhow.

The taser is disguised as a phone so when your attacker(s) are at it, you simply make the top have contact on his skin (whether clothed or unclothed) and it will send about 250volts of non lethal electricity shock waves on his body and you can free yourself from their grip which will immobilize them for like 10mins or thereabout which is enough time for you to make your escape.

You should get yours.

Peppers Sprays are also available.

Ladies can also get theirs to ward off rapists.

Wow...
if the Guy collapse....Die nko?
250V...

Check my signature.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Bahamas95(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
Men dislike men.

Women dislike women.

When a woman is in need her fellow women will hardly help her because they are jealous of themselves.

When a man is in need his fellow men would hesitate to help because they will say "you nor be man, abeg go double your hustle jor"

Likes terms repel, unlike terms attract.

But as for me I would rather help a fellow man than a woman because most times women misinterprete your kind gestures......The only women I feel comfortable rendering any form of help to are family members.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:
grin

You are not serious, why did you also have issue with Agberos.

Just like one day I went out to chill with some of my guys, we got to the club and started partying, can't really remember what happened between me and one guy, before I knew it, the guy pushed me.

Immediately my friends pounced on the guy and his friends that are about to interfere, me wey no like fighting, na so I reason with the guy maturely, he apologized and we moved on, meanwhile my friends and his friends have gone downstairs to had the proper fight, when they all returned, they saw the two people that started the fighting drinking together and they were confused.

The truth is I didn't send them to fight my fight and the message is clear, if you got into a fight with someone, I won't get involved..

Upvotes!. You be my kind of guy. Violence is never the solution to any conflict.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
nakotee:
apart from buying you food and drink as a man before i talk about taking any step with you to bring you out of poverty ,i will have to test how much you can help a fellow man to woman,if you fail the test i will now use you as a slave for life because you don't deserve help. you will keep hoping you will get real help from me one day till you die, i have a close friend we stay in lekki together he failed the test already, i can't change my mind.
You are my type of human grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by hekola: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2022
helinues:
grin

You are not serious, why did you also have issue with Agberos.

Just like one day I went out to chill with some of my guys, we got to the club and started partying, can't really remember what happened between me and one guy, before I knew it, the guy pushed me.

Immediately my friends pounced on the guy and his friends that are about to interfere, me wey no like fighting, na so I reason with the guy maturely, he apologized and we moved on, meanwhile my friends and his friends have gone downstairs to had the proper fight, when they all returned, they saw the two people that started the fighting drinking together and they were confused.

The truth is I didn't send them to fight my fight and the message is clear, if you got into a fight with someone, I won't get involved..
oga how's this related to the topic at hand? Weed is bad
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by pacespot(m): 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria is a lawless society o, if they end up killing you, na so your own don end be that o. And if you fight using any means to defend yourself, nobody will blame you for that o.

One thing that I have learnt from my over 30 years experience of being a Nigerian is that, people in the audience watching you fighting don't actually care as much as you think they do. If you are giving in too much thought to how they react to seeing you fighting, you might end up losing the fight. But if you stand your ground even though you are not getting support initially from the audience, that your courage will drive people from the audience towards you in the end.

All in all, just know that nobody will care about you as much as you care about yourself.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Alban007: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
This is a PhD dissertation question.........still doing a hell alot of research in other to find an answer............
For the main time, Gladys come let's go and buy coca cola..... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by techstack: 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
spydera:
Bruv, this and many more of such related cases have been discussed countless times on this platform and other social platforms like twitter, etc.
Naturally, Men control the World, Women control Men...
Take it or leave it.
You may not have been under a woman's control directly ooo but, you must have been manipulated or influenced indirectly by them so many times.

Who can help us talk to Putin's side chick?
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by bizhop01: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
Men always dump their fortune in smelling holes since 1865 cool
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by prophetfire: 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
lecturer50:
Another thing that is surprising is that most men don't help a fellow man but would rather help women.

But when they have problem, it is a man they would run to for help.

Most men would not go to a woman to get help but they would rather seek help from a man.

But these are the people who like helping only women.

So if they have a need, why not go to women to seek help since it is only women you help?

Why go to a man?

If you are a man, and you help only women, why do you think another man should help you when you don't normally help a man?

I mean, it's very ironical.

Most males believe it is not proper for men to ask help from women.

They equally believe that as a man, they should help only women.

But when they have problem, they still expect a fellow man to help them.

Is it not totally ironical that you don't help another man but you expect another man to help you?

If you believe you must only help a woman, why not seek help from a woman when you also have problem?

. Me, I no send women. I can try for a man anyway but not women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
nickyj19:
op what are u trying to point out undecided

YOU GET PUSSY NO

YOU GET BREST NO

YOU GET LOOKULAKADACITY/BOOMBOM NO

so why e dey pain you

[/s]
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by stasius: 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Na lie. It is not all men.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Lol. Bring in a woman into the equation you'd be surprised at how men would run to get aide and leave you.

pansophist:
Rubbish.

Your writeup is nothing more than confirmation bias. Men help fellow men than they will ever help women. Lots of men are crashing on their male friends couch now. Go to Ladipo market, oshodi, infact all markets, business, it's men helping other men. The uber drivers are cars owned by other men. Where should I even start from sef?
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
BabaJoe001:
OP it is what it is.. Just Man Up. There are severally occasions where the women are underrated too.. you dont want to talk about that abi. Stop playing the victim cards. To me na women them dey ride most for this world self. Look at the national assembly matter too? Oga Be a Man.. stop Ranting .
[/s]
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by sureteeboy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
nakotee:
apart from buying you food and drink as a man before i talk about taking any step with you to bring you out of poverty ,i will have to test how much you can help a fellow man to woman,if you fail the test i will now use you as a slave for life because you don't deserve help. you will keep hoping you will get real help from me one day till you die, i have a close friend we stay in lekki together he failed the test already, i can't change my mind.
Please, How were you able to run the test? Is it just by asking?
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Triangles1(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
Big lie.... Men help themselves than how they help women's.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
So men should just accept it like that?
Elijah74:
That's life
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by CSNg: 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
OvertheTop:
Wow...if the Guy collapse....Die nko?
250V...

Collapse...Yes!

Die...Never!!

In normal electricity, it is the current (amps) that kills you and not the volts.

The taser is built in a way that they don't have enough current to electrocute anyone it touches and does not reach the heart unlike the conventional electric voltage.

It will only mess with the assailant's nervous system by paralysing the person and causing involuntary actions like peeing and pooing on themselves...other than that, the person will be very fine after some minutes. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
Ybaby:

Sorry for the beat up .... hope you are healing nicely.

Why have we never had a female president?

Why do men not menstruate?

Why do men not breastfeed?

Look at your muscle! You are stronger than most women.

Women are adults but the bodies we have been given is enticing and fragile that is why apart from intelligence we are useless at war..... just like children are useless at war.

So men help women because women are fragile! Are you fragile? I wish someone had helped you but understand that you can be the governor of your state here in Nigeria but I as a woman I cannot. Infact if my hubby is a foreigner he cannot be a Nigerian citizen as easily as your foreign wife.

I have some things stacked in my favour just like you have some things stacked in your favour.

Now man up! Chin up and be a man! Will ya ?

[/s]
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
That is how such men should be treated.

McAausim:
grin

Naso one guy man carry motor the oppress us for area, anytime we dey for junctions dey wait to go work, dey guy go drive eh Toyota corolla dey pass us, but e dey carry lady for motor go town free ooo, grin we agbada hook for wire dey motor com enter inside gutter dey d junctions naso guy man com close to us say mak we help am pull dey front tyre from gutter ooo grin naso one bros tell am say make eh go call dose lady we're eh normally carry for junctions go inside town to help am pull out dey front tyre ooo... grin before we no guy don't dey yan akpata for us ooo... shocked we gather beat am still put am inside dey gutter ooo grin grin no body help am ooo...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by sherylbaky(f): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
Men don't help women either, if u think they do, in most cases it's a lie, they just want something in return. To me, they help themselves compared to the way they help women

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by angelfallz(m): 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
[s]
Maj196:
Life's tough for men. As a man you must figure life out by yourself. Whatever happens is on you. That's just how nature works
[/s]
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by brimdans(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
Some men are different. A man I met here on nairaland. Help me from an abusive work environment I was busy. So it's not in every circumstances.
Re: Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. by Originalsly: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
lecturer50:

No irony. You need to understand what it is to be a man. It is in the man's DNA to be a provider..... for the woman and children. As in if a woman needs to buy something for her kids to eat .... a man will dive in his pocket and help her out. Should a man do the same.... the reaction will be different... as in lazy bum ... making children and can't even feed them ... he need to go and hustle ... is what will run through the mind and the mouth will say to him... sorry boss... don't have it now. Man should be a provider.
In asking a woman for help..... men ask men because men are the providers and the ones that should be able to provide that help.
In a fight..... pick your battles.... don't ever expect help. Man and woman fighting .... regardless ... the man should be able to subdue the woman.... if he's being beaten... then he's disgracing his fellow man.... why help him? He must either learn to represent men... or don't fight women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral / 30 Tons Chinese Tipping Trucks For Hire In Lagos / FRSC Men Involved In Auto Crash In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.