Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. (37079 Views)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Salihusaliheen(m): 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2022
May God bless our mothers,they are the real definition of housewives.not those children of nowadays wey cosmetic don full their eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Testimony1988(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
She's not grateful at all, you didn't do anything wrong, keep encouraging her to reason with you, in fact that money is even much.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by akaahs(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:
I don't understand what you'll take on after we advise you but if I were in your shoes, I'll sit her down and talk sense into her.
No petting!
No sweet names!

Honestly
It's a legit: “let this be the first and last time you talk to me in that way. And here is how it is going to be: you are going to be using N30k each month to cook for the next six months until you learn to manage. Most families feed with N7k weekly on food for more than three persons and you are making me look stupid giving you N50k with some other sums for misc for just you, the baby, and I...when I also provide money for bulk purchases. I warn you, don't angry me, and you've been banned from requesting additional money from me till further notice!” Well, btw, Abeg jare, contact me for thesis and dissertation writing.
Honestly, this d format I used on my wife. She worked and since we got married last year even during courtship, I don't know how much she collect up till date and I don't want to know. She dear not complain again.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by utenwuson: 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
Go to market oga, buy food stuffs, you have frigde, cook stew with cow head and store, do white okro n keep, buy provisions and all, don't give her a Dime, tell her you want to see how the 50k isn't enough, that's why you want to manage the house for some month and and see if there's a need to add.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by sureinfo: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2022
Omo las las this marriage thing is for the strong hearted o.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by gbengene1234(m): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
I don't seem to understand why most women always feel they deserve all the income of a man? More reason why I can't make my woman a full house wife. We should support each other financially and if at all I am still giving her monthly allowance after taking care of all the house allowances. She must appreciate it or else she wants it void. If you frustrate my peace too much...I will file a divorce. Every one has their life to live. Biko

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by almarthins(m): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:
I don't understand what you'll take on after we advise you but if I were in your shoes, I'll sit her down and talk sense into her.
No petting!
No sweet names!

It's a legit: “let this be the first and last time you talk to me in that way. And here is how it is going to be: you are going to be using N30k each month to cook for the next six months until you learn to manage. Most families feed with N7k weekly on food for more than three persons and you are making me look stupid giving you N50k with some other sums for misc for just you, the baby, and I...when I also provide money for bulk purchases. I warn you, don't angry me, and you've been banned from requesting additional money from me till further notice!” Well, btw, Abeg jare, contact me for thesis and dissertation writing.

Generally, women na problem if u just too quiet, u r a gonner.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by newdawn2017(f): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:
No petting!
No sweet names!

that he is talking to his maid servant or what?? I don't understand?? Pls op take not dis satanic advice. That's not how u talk to ur wife
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by osch10: 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
I have some questions.
First, how did u meals use to look like? (soup full of chicken, beef, fish etc) if yes, 50k can never b enough.
Secondly, how long did d soup use to last? ( a day, couple of days, or week)
Check what u are eating if it worth it...

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by yungest(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife
must you convert to dollars?

do yu buy food with dollars?
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by mokoh(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
Abeg nor vex wetin she they take her salary do
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by newdawn2017(f): 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife
but she works, isn't she supposed to be a help & support to her husband, I don't understand. If she takes 30k from her salary - add nko, is it bad?? What kind of parasitic, one-sided & suffer head Union is that one. Let not d man think he is married o, he is alone. D wife will never be there no come through for him should life strike e him at any point in time.. undecided
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by emmabango2021: 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
My guy,
I was also in your situation some years back even though now the price of foodstuff has skyrocketed. Don't give woman who is not prudent monthly allowance convert it to weekly and see the magic.

You will thank me later.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by bilangha(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
she must come from oweri 😂
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by izubext007: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
If the money her father gives her is bigger than the 50k let her go back
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by rajiedreez: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2022
So many people saying 50k isn't enough here are funny o. Do u know that that 50k is some husbands salary monthly and he'll have kids to cater for too out of that money. If you're not wealthy don't act wealthy, he should let his wife know that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
Actually to me there is no advice for you, you have treat her rotten now it is hitting up on you .. the ball is in your court angry
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Foodforthought: 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
Malory:
Then what do you suggest the man should do in this situation?
Seek advice from elders. Pray. Call his wife to order. There is a firmness with which a woman is called to order. Sit her down and clarify things. Ask her if she is no longer ready to make the marriage work. I mean if the man is sure he can't increase the amount, lay the cards on the table and ask her what she wants to happen moving forwards. Sometimes it takes being in such position for women to have their heads reset. I'm sure she wouldn't want to lose her marriage because of 50k. Men should stop hiding pain and speak up. Tell her "madam I'm hypertensive, if you want to kill me just open up. Say your mind!"
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Eastcaostboy: 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
She might be right take out time go to the market do price research and see if there's need to add more but don't let here know. If there's no need to add more then take her to the chair. Secondly, maybe she is over stocking on one item
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by bilangha(m): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
is she from oweri?
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by samwash(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
Some pple monthly salary, which the wife is a full house wife.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by ogawisdom(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2022
BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.

U are a stupid man.
How can you be giving transport to a working lady daily from ur insufficient income for the home. Why is she working? Ur HBP is still on entry levels
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Ekugbeh(m): 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Shey if you die now she go see person to give her 50k every month abi?
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by newdawn2017(f): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The man is your typical African man thinking there is a reward for what is his foolishness. Hopefully, commonsense reaches him before it is becomes too late for him and or his marriage. undecided

I don't expect his wife to make the move - humans are selfish beings after all. However, the man already knows how painful the situation has become and so he can be the one to take the step in the right direction and actually demand they rehash their couples agreement so he no longer bears all of the lead alone....a move towards 50:50 arrangement will benefit this man at this time. undecided
after all it's her home too. Why will a man be leaving & sleep with his enemy I'm marriage bewilders me to say d least. shocked what then is d essence of d union & one flesh arrangements??
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Mamabugi(f): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Communicate with her about it. And let her know that she is not helping out in building the family. As it seems she wants to scatter her family.
This was the same thing I warned a friend of mine against. A new home should not start with high budget, instead #30,000 for a start is ok. When the number doubles, u can double the amount.

Presently I and my siblings live on #5000 budget per week. To help me save a bit ad they are living with me
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Malory:
Then he should stop giving her any amount at all until her brain reset

Boss,
50,000 Naira for 1 month in Naija, abeg praise Madam. My own prayer be say,make God enlarge your pocket,you dey really try. Try buy the stuffs for 2 weeks and come back and tell us what’s your observations.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by seunlizy(f): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..

Pls read the post very well as the woman is working and earning good money
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by newdawn2017(f): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Sureplug123:
most Nigerian women don't like spending their money.
she loves him not in d very first place. U can't bare to see d love of ur life struggle that way & suffer while u can do something to alliviate it. undecided she is a witch, screams red flag

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by rickleye: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:
No petting!
No sweet names!

I agree with the bros here
Did you say she is working ?
So what does she use her money for ?
So bring out an excel sheet and outline what she buys with the money ... Do not spend what you don't have. Cut your clothes according to your cloth. She must be talking with some women you aren't married or comparing herself to others .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by yunqdady: 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
Leomalli47:
[i][/i]OGA U NO GET DIGNITY, must it b here on social media platform? U no get reasonable friends? OR kinsmen OR even understanding parents wey follow u go marry her? wey u go seek help or rather opinion from? Abeg make we dey try act maturely..... E go make sense say every post dey carry pictures of the poster at least see the child brain behind some posts here in the form of grown ups.
You are foolish one with local mentality. This is why this place is called a forum. What he has done is the right thing to do. Not everyone is stupid and local like you.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by newdawn2017(f): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
penuelway:
I will advise you divide the monthly allowance and make it weekly(12,250) . Am sure she will be able to manage it better . However you should also try to increase it to N60,000 because of the high price of commodities. If you can afford to remove N50,000 from your business, an extra N10,000 should not be an issue.
Am sure she will appreciate an increase of N10,000 in the short run. Atleast peace will rain for something because pushing for higher allowances
stop dis! His wife works & earns too. Why enabling d selfish, u greateful, parasitic & poisonous woman of a wife?? I am shocked. shocked
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by EzePaschal(m): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
50k is actually not enough for a family of four these time and period and baby foods too are too expensive. However, she works and earn too. A good wife should contribute also to lessen the burden on her husband. Nigerian women are not kind. May God help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? / Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel — Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.