Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60190 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rico96:
seriously this people are getting smarter everyday...I wonder where we will stand as a count in the next 20years cos I keep asking myself is it this set of people that will produce leadership in the future? Hell no we are in deep problem in this country...just keep focus and follow up with the bank

Thank you sir.
I have made complaint to fairmoney's customer care and they contact access bank (the scammer's bank) said they'd get back to me but I haven't gotten any responses from them.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by shogsman(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
What's done is done, open a go fund me let's pay inside maybe you'll see change from there
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SurvivorM(f): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry for what you are going through but wait so the loan is N150k and the interest is N184k because what I am seeing there is three hundred and something naira and it's said you have paid N13000 from it

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
shogsman:

What's done is done, open a go fund me let's pay inside maybe you'll see change from there

How do I open it sir.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Franklinshaddy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
That's results of greed which investment will give you 50k weekly you should av think first remember the country you are

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by shogsman(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
nassware:
damn ill luck
It is foolish scammers like you we're still talking about here

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BadNews: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I created a wordpress site and I was Looking for money to buy the domain and also start my dropshipping dream.

Start Posting Bad News Like The Way, , Does Via Blogging Business and see how you will smile to the bank, bro.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Fratello(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
Una just greedy..
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Mariangeles(f): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I didn't have ₦150,000. It's a loan the person took using my account.
Now I'm the own to repay it. Something I didn't request for and something I didn't spend..

I'm so down

Have you shut it down?
What if they take more loans?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WatchYourSix: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Emmaculate77:

I was thinking the same thing too! Las las, na we for be the mumu grin

How person go be nairaland member but still dey click accept OTP??

My suspicion is, how did the scammer know he has fair money details....it’s a long shot for any scammer...
the coincidence is mind boggling... they ddnt debit his bank account which is what everybody has and scammers always aim for abi??

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Kooldame: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2022
Let fair money know that d 150k deducted from your acct should be used to cover part of d loan you're owing them.Period

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Olam09(m): 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Sorry.. they wan use you collect all their outstanding debts hanging outside.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2022
DryMouth:
Fairmoney didn't scam you.

You are a victim of plishing. That website am seeing there is not fairmoney's website, its a decoy website.

Always check websites well before clicking on it.
I would make a thread on plishing when i have time.

Thank you sir..
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ignis: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Nigeria have spoil finish
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jmoore(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I found this account on Facebook but I don't know if it's tied to the bank account holder.
Stop this nonsense!! Do you know how many people use that name?

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by alabisulaiman31: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

As for me,I will advise you visit your bank and explain what has happened to them. Let them know your plight. Do that today,not on Monday. They will definitely assist you to trace the fraudulent account down.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

There’s no hyperlink on Fairmoney.ng that takes you to that bogus site RED FLAG

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Karlzy01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry bro but all the signs were there you were just blinded by greed.
How will expect to make money in 15minutes without doing anything??
Awoof dey purge.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by GBTYO: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Go to the EFCC and lodge a complaint .
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WoundedLamb: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
shogsman:

Hanks0000, this might be a good idea after all other means have failed! Let us know if/when you do it.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by jmoore(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
We4all:

This makes sense. His logins was used to apply for a loan. What I don’t get it why the funds didn’t hit his account first.
What if the poster scammed himself?

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Codeye(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
RiyadhGoddess:
Op Pele!

Ladies seeking a place to rent for a short period (a week, a month, 2 month), I have an apartment for short let at Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah for shikini money (13k per week) pere smiley. Pay and move in nikan loku grin.
See my profile for more info
13 monthly or.weekly bro
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by We4all: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I was made to login my Fairmoney account on the website witch my OTP code. I suspect that's where they got my login details and my OTP.

Yeah, I figured. What I don’t get is, are loan funds not supposed to hit the borrower’s account first or how did the scammer manipulate this?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bigcee(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rico96:
But the loan show there is over #150k... please explain more...what happened to the remaining cash?
They collected a loan of 150k and he is to pay #321,200 in 5minths(#64,240 each month)
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by shogsman(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

How do I open it sir.
Just go to the site through Google
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Hanks0000, this might be a good idea after all other means have failed!

Let us know when you've done this, please.

I have tried to buy gofundme Is not available in Nigeria yet.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Oladipo1166(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

file a complain at nearest police station and maybe you should write to EFCC since you have the details of the account the money was sent to

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ashirioluwa: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Make a complaint to your bank and also the receiver’s bank to see if they can help.

Anyway this is a lesson to all of us. Ask questions before you invest in anything. Simple question about this investment here on nairaland will have safe you from this.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by StDonE(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Let me be honest with you. The worst case scenario is that they will embarrass you. No body will kill you for owing fairmoney. God knows your heart and understand how helpless you are now. Relax and don't be hard on yourself. Don't over think nor harm yourself. The only thing that doesn't have solution in life is death. You will find a solution to this mess someday but definitely not now. Na money you dey owe, you no kill person. Abeg go about your normal business like nothing happened. Peace be with you!

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by nwakibie3(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
Looking for free money, u didn't work for.

U for join yahoo na

Even yahoo sef he go still work grin

Or you think bella shmurda was joking when he said "many days I never sleep" grin

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
We4all:

Yeah, I figured. What I don’t get is, are loan funds not supposed to hit the borrower’s account first or how did the scammer manipulate this?

I think it hit my account first and the scammer transferred it from there. He has my log in Details.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Utycar: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb

Ist print out the transfer receipt and take with you to Access Bank explain everything to the who so ever in charge, they will help you put a clause on that's blessings account and gradually you will regain your money back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death / Pastor, Female Assistant Burnt To Death By Jealous Lover In Bayelsa / Pastor At Kidnapped US Girl's Funeral In 1975 Charged With Her Murder

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96