Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,090 members, 7,814,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60187 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by shogsman(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
The most important thing is how to get the Money for him to pay back the loan,so when you're done heaping blames on him,I get it even I thinks he was a bit dumb to fall for it.
Try to help with a token when he's set up a formal payment channel
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Camelot65: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
How you fell for this is still beyond me. Like seriously?

You're just a victim of phishing. The whole idea of the false website and redirection was just to get your login details.

Talk this through with any of your trusted friends and family. You'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Kingsleyebere(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:
you quickly jumped at the advert...since it said you will earn 50k without work...as in without work..?? Why we this our generation be like this ...how did you even click that kinda link?? Is there any thing like earning without work.??.

I feel for you shaaa...
I for say make we try contribute 2k for you...but I don tay for street to know say you fit dey package scam give us too...

Lol...abi ooo
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Emmanuel30a: 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
U just had a first hand experience. It happened 2 me on Branch International Digital Banking&loan app.I saw a comment on their official facebook page that they are doing 5000 giveaway( mind u d comment was made by someone that use Branch NG as name).I clicked d link&fill my detail in d form including my bvn, phone number, full name, date of my first deposit 2 Branch wallet,etc. Immediately I filled the form(they deleted d comment&link),I log in 2 d app&chat them up ( because they won't respond 2 dm on their official facebook account).They ask where I got d message & d screenshot... Good 4 me, I have screenshot d message on their facebook comment including d required details when filling d form.They told me on their live chat that once my application is approved, d money would be credited 2 my wallet.I was expecting d 5000 give away d following day then I realized dat my account has been hacked&was used 2 obtained loan...D money was transfer 2 John Uzochukwu Eze, zenith bank.I paid, cursed them&close account

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
lalabrother:
You all are just despecable in your submission!!! Is it his fault that the system is corrupt? How was fair money able to instantly confirm a loan as huge as that?

Must someone even work so hard before they could earn ordinary 50k?

Sigh

I'm getting very depressed because what they are staying is true. It's all my fault.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WoundedLamb: 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
Oladipo1166:

file a complain at nearest police station and maybe you should write to EFCC since you have the details of the account the money was sent to

Oh... I see.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Paretomaster1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
Earn 50k weekly without work You sef be barawo....

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SurvivorM(f): 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I have a loan I haven't paid before.
I was to pay 13,400 monthly for the next 5 months. I could handle that..

The scammer took a 150,000 loan + the commission and my own outstanding loan. That's why the loan balance is over ₦150.
If your previous loan is 13400 and you have 5 months remaining that means you are owing them about 67000 now I didn't know fair money also give another loan when you are already owing a previous loan.

But let's say they do and they gave a N150k loan, the money is still not supposed to get to three hundred and something thousands because I use Fairmoney and I know for five months their interest rate is about 33% so everything supposed to fall under two hundred and something naira, say the N150k plus interest is N200k plus your previous loan of N67000 making it about N267k or so.
OP this your story dey get K leg o

9 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Godplan123(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
Honestly Load Is Very Bad But We Should Understand it is Helping Some people too right Now Cus it there Last Hope. pls Sir Can You Kindly Explain Load and fee and while to paid is Less..Let Not Spoil Someone else Business if Can Only Condemn It with Real Evident

Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
shogsman:
First off it's called phishing, that site is a mirror site, not the real thing, it's a pretty basic scam.
Y'all are the same people who wholeheartedly support yahoo in this country,I don't feel bad for you,move on.
I hope Yahoo boys focus more on local fraud in naija and deal with all of you instead of constituting nuisance abroad.maybe then you will stop encouraging crime

I ache never supported yahoo yahoo.
In fact I have avoided two of my friend who decided to join yahoo.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by logiktech(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Even if it's yahoo Yahoo sef. You must work before you get the 50k weekly. Without work!!!!?? 50k. Issorite

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BabaIbo: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
The truth is greed and/or desperation are the leading cause of this.

Ordinarily, you should have reason it na, if na so e easy will the guy or the person behind the site tell you?
Shey he/she no get family members wey e wan make them get money too?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WatchYourSix: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Oh... I see.

Your sarcasm is on a principality level...

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Videour(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
don't pay Kobo, go to the bank and block your atm request for another one

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WatchYourSix: 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:

If your previous loan is 13400 and you have 5 months remaining that means you are owing them about 67000 now I didn't know fair money also give another loan when you are already owing a previous loan.

But let's say they do and they gave a N150k loan, the money is still not supposed to get to three hundred and something thousands because I use Fairmoney and I know for five months their interest rate is about 33% so everything supposed to fall under two hundred and something naira, say the N150k plus interest is N200k plus your previous loan of N67000 making it about N267k or so.

Ewoooooo!!!

Op.....ICAN and ACCA people don torchlight the matter

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ps3o(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:

No be over sabi matter be this...
na different format full street....
If person dupe me 150k...
I go don reach access bank go scatter bank naa
Which levels??
Dem go don block that account oooo...
I go don para full ground

Correct, bro! Format plenty die for street.
I was expecting the OP to do as you had said before coming here to seek assistance.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
don't worry yourself, simply don't pay anything, if they call you, just tell them you never receive any money therefore you are not paying a Kobo, what ever threat you receive, Don't take it serious.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by AutoChick4U(f): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
Financial difficulties and u have up to 150k? Na greed cause am
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:

I don't know how they calculate their interest but it's what I see on the app..

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Khaysee: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
All this scammer are not sleeping they even build app and website

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery

1 Like

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by bigcee(m): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Emmanuel30a:
U just had a first hand experience. It happened 2 me on Branch International Digital Banking&loan app.I saw a comment on their official facebook page that they are doing 5000 giveaway( mind u d comment was made by someone that use Branch NG as name).I clicked d link&fill my detail in d form including my bvn, phone number, full name, date of my first deposit 2 Branch wallet,etc. Immediately I filled the form(they deleted d comment&link),I log in 2 d app&chat them up ( because they won't respond 2 dm on their official facebook account).They ask where I got d message & d screenshot... Good 4 me, I have screenshot d message on their facebook comment including d required details when filling d form.They told me on their live chat that once my application is approved, d money would be credited 2 my wallet.I was expecting d 5000 give away d following day then I realized dat my account has been hacked&was used 2 obtained loan...D money was transfer 2 John Uzochukwu Eze, zenith bank.I paid, cursed them&close account
Long throat, you dey find cheap 5000naira grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:

The 150k is not my money
The person took a loan of 150k with my account on Fairmoney
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Revolva(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
so you carry OTP give strange company that part self you suppose pause and think twice...

Oga these fraudsters have clone a site to redirect to linda ikeji site....hahaha...they used phishing method...to get you

sorry banks can do nothing....they keep warning customers everyday and you fell for it...

Utycar:

Ist print out the transfer receipt and take with you to Access Bank explain everything to the who so ever in charge, they will help you put a clause on that's blessings account and gradually you will regain your money back

banks cant do anything bro....un less he goes to prepare a court order.....and he has to spend like 50k to do a court order before access bank can freeze the fraudulent bank ACC in their bank...

by that time the fraudsters go don move the funds to another account...via pos agent....

That money is gone just forget about it.....
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Get spider sense the OTP was your clue person wey wan dash you no Dey collect from you
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:

The 150k is a loan the person took using my account.
It's not my money.
If I had 150k I'd have used it to start my dropshipping business and buy my wordpress domain..
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by WoundedLamb: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
AutoChick4U:

I think the gist is lost on you, bro. They took a loan of 150k using his account. He didn't have the money.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Revolva:
so you carry OTP give strange company that part self you suppose pause and think twice...

Oga these fraudsters have clone a site to redirect to linda ikeji site....hahaha...they used phishing method...to get you

sorry banks can do nothing....they keep warning customers everyday and you fell for it...

I was told to log in on the site, Fairmoney sent me an OTP and I entered it to complete my login.. I never deliberately have it to the scammer.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by einsteine(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
We4all:

This makes sense. His logins was used to apply for a loan. What I don’t get it why the funds didn’t hit his account first.

Fairmoney credits your Fairmoney wallet when the loan is taken. You can transfer from there to anywhere
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Tonytonex(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Don't try what you don't know.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Kizyte(m): 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:
you quickly jumped at the advert...since it said you will earn 50k without work...as in without work..?? Why we this our generation be like this ...how did you even click that kinda link?? Is there any thing like earning without work.??.

I feel for you shaaa...
I for say make we try contribute 2k for you...but I don tay for street to know say you fit dey package scam give us too...

You dey reason like me
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Berankis: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:

I feel for you shaaa...

I dey think am too o... Make he no package scam give us o... But if it's real. I pledge 5k give am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death / Pastor, Female Assistant Burnt To Death By Jealous Lover In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.