Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari (43475 Views)

Yahaya Bello Stands On Vehicle To Maintain Order At APC Convention (Video) / FG Twitter Ban Update - Reno Omokri Responds - Taunts Lai Mohammed / Reno Omokri Responds To Presidency’s Liar Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
gotnel:

Soyinka has not denied that he marketed Buhari in 2015 .
Buhari is the one that did not perform well.
You people should give it to Soyinka for being able to point out Buhari failure.
If Soyinka has continue to support Buhari government with all his failures, that is when we can see him as not man enough.
You marketed a bad product and expect not to be blamed? There was nothing good about Buhari in the first place so why did the prof sell him to Nigerians.
If you have a voice that people believe then you should be more responsible with your recomendations.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by NnamdiAzikiwe: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:
I disagree with you. We all knew Buhari's history. If you knowingly support an evil man's ambition, what does that make you?

Them feel sey buhari na changed man.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
NnamdiAzikiwe:

Them feel sey buhari na changed man.
What changed. I think it was intentional to deceive Nigerians and it worked.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:
I disagree with you. We all knew Buhari's history. If you knowingly support an evil man's ambition, what does that make you?
Even with that 'history' Nigerians still prefered him to Gej in 2015.

What does this tell you??

It very simply tells you that Jonathan was not an option in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by NnamdiAzikiwe: 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:
What changed. I think it was intentional to deceive Nigerians and it worked.

Soyinka no be person wey go normally support nonsense. Probably na combination of old age and the small corruption wey dey jonathan government....most people feel sey buhari go make things better and fight corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
tesppidd:
Even with that 'history' Nigerians still prefered him to Gej in 2015.

What does this tell you??

It very simply tells you that Jonathan was not an option in 2015.
First, it does not remove the responsibility from those who voted for him. It's really funny that they are all claiming innocent when they are the cause of our problem. No one can say they didn't see this coming
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by MikeBetty(m): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
Built2last:
Reno on his Instagram page has told Prof Wole Soyinka to apologise.

He dug up Bloomberg interview he granted in 2015.
Reno you be witch? Always catch our grandfathers in the act of lying.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:

You marketed a bad product and expect not to be blamed? There was nothing good about Buhari in the first place so why did the prof sell him to Nigerians.
If you have a voice that people believe then you should be more responsible with your recomendations.
Wole Soyinka is better than people like you.

He campaigned against a bad product in 2015 and he has been campaigning against a bad product since 2018.

But people like you did not campaign against a bad product because of selfish and parochial interests.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:

First, it does not remove the responsibility from those who voted for him. It's really funny that they are all claiming innocent when they are the cause of our problem. No one can say they didn't see this coming
What we saw coming was that as at late 2014 the Federal Government was already borrowing to meet basic needs like salaries and boko haram were taking territiories all over the north.

The foundation was already laid. I wonder were Nigeria would be today if Jonathan had continued.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
tesppidd:
Wole Soyinka is better than people like you.

He campaigned against a bad product in 2015 and he has been campaigning against a bad product since 2018.

But people like you did not campaign against a bad product because of selfish and parochial interests.
Soyinka cannot be better than me,m I was against Buhari the worst product. I did not pretend that he had changed. I was also aware that GEJ was not great but I refused to fool myself and others that Buhari was better. So I think I was the better one here.
If Soyinka is an honest person, he would not have campaigned for a known bad product in 2015. I chose the better candidate in 2015

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
tesppidd:
What we saw coming was that as at late 2014 the Federal Government was already borrowing to meet basic needs like salaries and boko haram were taking territiories all over the north.

The foundation was already laid. I wonder were Nigeria would be today if Jonathan had continued.
Nigerians now look back to those days as good times. Let's not fool ourselves, It has never been this bad and we knew it in 2014. GEJ was not great but Nigeria actually had some of our best growth under him. we also had some of our biggest reductions in poverty and corruption according to transparency international.
The point is, we knew buhari would finish us and yet we voted.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:
Nigerians now look back to those days as good times. Let's not fool ourselves, It has never been this bad and we knew it in 2014. GEJ was not great but Nigeria actually had some of our best growth under him. we also had some of our biggest reductions in poverty and corruption according to transparency international.
The point is, we knew buhari would finish us and yet we voted.
Most countries in the world are having their worst periods.

What did you think a covid 19 pandemic and oil industry crisis would do to a useless monoeconomy like ours where we produce nothing but have been importing almost everything for 50 years plus?

I repeat the signs were there in 2014, if Gej had won a second term Nigeria would not be in existence today.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
tesppidd:
Most countries in the world are having their worst periods.

What did you think a covid 19 pandemic and oil industry crisis would do to a useless monoeconomy like ours where we produce nothing but have been importing almost everything for 50 years plus?

I repeat the signs were there in 2014, if Gej had won a second term Nigeria would not be in existence today.
first you are wrong. global poverty has been on the decline since 2014. secondly, the current high cost of oil has been too good for oil-producing countries. The profits in 2021 were much more than the loss in 2020.
Then I find it funny that you are willing to condemn the administration of 2014 but find it impossible to speak the truth about Buhari.
Finally, what were the good points or what qualities did you see in Buhari in 2014?

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by obailala(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kingpin1000:
If an old man of that age can lie, then He deserve no respect.
Kudos to that young man who few years back,refused to exchange sit with Soynka.
Soyinka should own up to his failures.
He is liar and betrayer.
Even the Vulture griller has endured to almost the end.
Built2last:

What you don't understand is the power of influence. Prof is well respected. Every statement he makes carry influence on his followers.

Saying we should forgive Buhari in an election year is an endorsement which will influence many who hitherto wouldn't have voted Buhari
Laggafin:

Why not forget the messenger and focus on the message of an old lieing grey hair professor
fasho01:
Wole Soyinka supported Buhari openly and even paid him a courtesy visit then after he won the election. For him to now start twisting the narrative is purely a case of selective dementia. He should own up to it and apologise if he thinks he made the wrong choice then by using his influence to garner support for the failure that Buhari has turned out to be
MikeBetty:
Like i said before, yorubas always speak from both sides of their mouth. They twist their words to suit their lies. This is what LUCKY DUBE said, "the things you do today would come and hunt you tomorrow". "The thing you say today would come and haunt you tomorrow".
The statement apparently was made on the 2nd of April 2015. How can a statment made almost a week after elections be cited as the evidence that "Soyinka asked people to vote Buhari"?

Once again, Reno has used the heads of gullible Nigerians as dustbins in his clever by half propaganda. See children already insulting their grandfathers!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by obailala(m): 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
NnamdiAzikiwe:
Nobody should apologize for supporting a particular candidate. No be him fault sey buhari mess up
helinues:
This Reno too dey think too much of himself.

Who dah hell is he?
Soyinka made the statement AFTER the elections. How does that even count as campaigning?
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:
first you are wrong. global poverty has been on the decline since 2014. secondly, the current high cost of oil has been too good for oil-producing countries. The profits in 2021 were much more than the loss in 2020.
Then I find it funny that you are willing to condemn the administration of 2014 but find it impossible to speak the truth about Buhari.
Finally, what were the good points or what qualities did you see in Buhari in 2014?
You still don't get the logic here.

Hindsight is such a beautiful thing. It is very easy and cowardly to wait for something to happen first, then point your finger and say "see, i told you so!"

Buhari defeated Gej for a reason in 2015.

And trust me you are not smarter than the majority who decided Gej had to go

And that Buhari even with his antecedent was a better option.
Like i said hindsight is so beautiful. Cowards love hindsight, they brag with it..

And stop acting like Gej and Buhari were some hardcore administrators or intellectuals who mastered their fields or something..

Nothing like that.

Nigeria has never had a good leader.. just a bunch of mediocres who surround themselves with tons of advisers..

The only difference between Gej's regime and Buhari's regime is that in the former many many people were looting and looted money was going round but in the former dew people are looting and money isn't going round.

That's the summary. In terms of intellectual capacity neither Gej nor Buhari is up to average.

They are both very incompetent presidents.. so dont ask me shiit about qualities...

Finally back to the main subject, most people who still opted to vote gej over any candidate in 2015 did that not out of any qualities or whatever,,,,

But did it out of ethnic, religious or material sentiments... People like Reno...

Buhari roundly beat Gej for a reason..

Forget about hindsight, it was a stone over Gej in 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
[quote author=tesppidd post=111744027]You still don't get the logic here.

Hindsight is such a beautiful thing.[/b]Ther was no case for hindsight. Buhari was not someone we did not know. This man toppled a democracy a few decades back. we knew him too well.

[b]And trust me you are not smarter than the majority who decided Gej had to go
actually, I was and I feel vindicated.
And that Buhari even with his antecedent was a better option. explain. Let me give you a little example to compare the 2 men. We shut down Nigeria over oil subsidy removal under Jonathan. We tried it under buhari and we got the lekki shooting. Buhari is ready to murder anyone who protests against him.

And stop acting like Gej and Buhari were some hardcore administrators or intellectuals who mastered their fields or something..

None of them is an Abraham Lincon but out of 2 evils, choose the better

The only difference between Gej's regime and Buhari's regime is that in the former many many people were looting and looted money was going round but in the former dew people are looting and money isn't going round. Actually, transparency international has declared us more corrupt under buhari so i don't know what you are talking about.

But did it out of ethnic, religious or material sentiments... People like Reno..
. You have no evidence of this. Even in 2015, we had Hausas and Yorubas that voted for GEJ. Were they also sentimental? Jonathan is Ijaw a minority group. His votes did not come about because of his tribe.

If we all continue to think like you, we would never take responsibility for our wrong actions. You seem to prefer to blame the wrong admin rather than the present. You even put the blame on leaders 50 years back. If all Nigerians think like you, we would never correct our mistakes.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Great2017: 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
tesppidd:
You still don't get the logic here.

Hindsight is such a beautiful thing. It is very easy and cowardly to wait for something to happen first, then point your finger and say "see, i told you so!"

Buhari defeated Gej for a reason in 2015.

And trust me you are not smarter than the majority who decided Gej had to go

And that Buhari even with his antecedent was a better option.
Like i said hindsight is so beautiful. Cowards love hindsight, they brag with it..

Nothing like that.

Nigeria has never had a good leader.. just a bunch of mediocres who surround themselves with tons of advisers..

The only difference between Gej's regime and Buhari's regime is that in the former many many people were looting and looted money was going round but in the former dew people are looting and money isn't going round.

That's the summary. In terms of intellectual capacity neither Gej nor Buhari is up to average.

They are both very incompetent presidents.. so dont ask me shiit about qualities...

Finally back to the main subject, most people who still opted to vote gej over any candidate in 2015 did that not out of any qualities or whatever,,,,

But did it out of ethnic, religious or material sentiments... People like Reno...

Buhari roundly beat Gej for a reason..

Forget about hindsight, it was a stone over Gej in 2015

How was Buhari a better option? Capacity wise, health ground or past achievements, where was Buhari better ?

It was only a stone over GEJ for those that were blinded by religion and ethnicity. Buhari, as at 2015, had nothing to offer.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by damosky12(m): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
helinues:

Honourable yet we don't know his name. Has he contested for ordinary councilor before? What impact has he made towards the development of this country?

When Soyinka and others were fighting for the betterment of this country, where was your dad?

If you respected those who raised you, you won't call out other people's dad on a public forum. No matter the argument, it's irresponsible. You can argue without putting-up such tomfoolery.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by helinues: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
damosky12:

If you respected those who raised you, you won't call out other people's dad on a public forum. No matter the argument, it's irresponsible. You can argue without putting-up such tomfoolery.

Mr kettle, did you read where the guy was calling Soyinka a liar? Had he has respect for others parents, may be we could have respected his.

Btw, is this your alternative moniker just to revalidate yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Laggafin: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
obailala:

When was the statement made? Before or after elections?

How does a statement made by the Prof on 2nd April 2015 (almost a week after elections) be the evidence that he asked people to vote Buhari?

Once again, Reno has used the heads of gullible Nigerians as dustbins in his clever by half propaganda game. See children already insulting their grandfather!
Your brain has been jazzed and jonzed

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Stone03: 10:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
He wants to destroy what is left of his battered image
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by helinues: 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Racoon:
It is stupid and irresponsible of professor Soyinka to attempt now to only dissociate himself but also attempting to denied his open support for the dullard & catastrophic Buhari back then.

7 years counting Racoon is still wailing profusely.

It's a pity
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by kingjis: 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
Built2last:
Reno on his Instagram page has told Prof Wole Soyinka to apologise.

He dug up Bloomberg interview he granted in 2015.

Yourbas are born cowards

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
[quote author=tctrills post=111744441][/quote]Lol

Keep on deceiving yourself that you are vindicated.

As you compare between Buhari and Jonathan;

Also compare dollar rate during Gej and the millitary

Bag of rice during Gej and the millitary

Bag of cement during Gej and the millitary

Fuel price during Gej and the millitary

Then you would realize that Nigeria has been going bad from day one.

If Gej had won a second term it wouldnt be different.

So my friend you are not vindicated...

Lastly i repeat; the voters in 2015 knew the antecedent of Buhari but still voted him over Gej.

That speaks volume doesn't it?

So long.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
helinues:

Mr kettle, did you read where the guy was calling Soyinka a liar? Had he has respect for others parents, may be we could have respected his.

What is wrong with you, Soyinka is a public figure and his actions are under public scrutiny. If you show a lack of home training because someone disagrees with Soyinka's position, it's shame on you. The reason we all are on this thread is to discuss whether Soyinka was right or wrong not to call out people's parents.
Please apologize and turn a new leaf.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
helinues:

7 years counting Racoon is still wailing profusely.

It's a pity
Lol

Even Gej realised his failures and has moved on.

But these eternal wailers are still wailing...

Only a very foolish person like Reno would dig up a post made by Soyinka after the election had been concluded and say it is evidence that Soyinka csmpaigned for Buhari.

Mehn what manner of iidiots are these people?

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tesppidd: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
tctrills:

What is wrong with you, Soyinka is a public figure and his actions are under public scrutiny. If you show a lack of home training because someone disagrees with Soyinka's position, it's shame on you. The reason we all are on this thread is to discuss whether Soyinka was right or wrong not to call out people's parents.
Please apologize and turn a new leaf.
Point of correction; People are not disagreeing with Soyinka's opinion.

They are abusing and calling him names!
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
[quote author=tesppidd post=111744911]Lol

Keep on deceiving yourself that you are vindicated. How do you mean.

As you compare between Buhari and Jonathan;

Also compare dollar rate during Gej and the millitary

Bag of rice during Gej and the millitary

Bag of cement during Gej and the millitary
it doesn't make sense to compare prices so I would not. Prices go up in all countries. But we can compare poverty level and corruption. The stats are there for all to see.

Then you would realize that Nigeria has been going bad from day one. We elect leaders to change things and not to make excuses for them.

If Gej had won a second term it wouldnt be different. Nigeria had its biggest economic growth since the 70s under GEJ so what is your point.

Lastly i repeat; the voters in 2015 knew the antecedent of Buhari but still voted him over Gej. And we are all suffering from their bad decision.

That speaks volume doesn't it? You are right on this, It speaks volumes about the deliberate stupidity of many Nigerians. They would knowingly choose evil.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by damosky12(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
helinues:

grin You should be smart enough to check a profile before making such infantile "observation." This is damosky12. Not whoever.

Soyinka is a public figure. It's normal for him to be the subject of public scrutiny. Insulting someone else's dad over him is something we should be correcting kids for...

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by tctrills: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
tesppidd:
Point of correction; People are not disagreeing with Soyinka's opinion.

They are abusing and calling him names!
and then you call their father's names. You really have a problem. Do you really believe that it's okay to insult people's fathers because they called public figures names?
Can you honestly say that you have never insulted a public figure? Should people insult your father for that?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by helinues: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
damosky12:

grin You should be smart enough to check a profile before making such infantile "observation." This is damosky12. Not whoever.

Soyinka is a public figure. It's normal for him to be the subject of public scrutiny. Insulting someone else's dad over him is something we should be correcting kids for...

Could you point out to where I abused/insulted his dad?

Why do you carry this for head if this not your alternative moniker?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... / Aisha Buhari Joins The Accolade Challenge. Reacts To Photo Of Trump With Buhari / Malami’s ₦5 Billion Rice Mill Construction In Kebbi State- SaharaReporters (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.