Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari (43476 Views)

Yahaya Bello Stands On Vehicle To Maintain Order At APC Convention (Video) / FG Twitter Ban Update - Reno Omokri Responds - Taunts Lai Mohammed / Reno Omokri Responds To Presidency’s Liar Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Micmuzac: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
Laggafin:

Why not forget the messenger and focus on the message of an old lieing grey hair professor
hahaha! Reno we know, but who are you asking who he be?
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Laggafin: 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
Micmuzac:

hahaha! Reno we know, but who are you asking who he be?
Read ur comments bro.. it's too disjointed.. I doubt u understand what I wrote

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Micmuzac: 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
I don't know why some people can't keep quiet keep shifting from the mouth, he just proves his critics right with his public talk that is better be silent that a talkative fool, he's trying to sound right making his claims all into lies,he must really be arrogant.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by turbotech11: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2022
Yoloba grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Newton2024: 4:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
fasho01:
Wole Soyinka supported Buhari openly and even paid him a courtesy visit then after he won the election. For him to now start twisting the narrative is purely a case of selective dementia. He should own up to it and apologise if he thinks he made the wrong choice then by using his influence to garner support for the monumental failure that Buhari has turned out to be
helinues
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Great2017: 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
obailala:
No, your type is the reason Nigeria has been irredeemable since 1960; electing, promoting and elongating the reign of useless leaders over and over again on the most flimsy excuses. Can you tell me one damn reason why Jonathan deserved a second tenure?

If you had ever lost a loved one to terrorist attacks in Abuja and watched as the then president was so incompetent and nonchalant about it, you wouldnt be here calling those who chose to try something else (an exmilitary man) "foolish".
It is either you lack understanding or you like arguing in a circle. I never said Jonathan is the best thing after sliced bread. I will only say it for the last time. Jonathan is miles better than Buhari. 7years of Buhari's administration has proved us right. If you think otherwise, let us compare their achievements.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by effort1: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
NnamdiAzikiwe:
Nobody should apologize for supporting a particular candidate. No be him fault sey buhari mess up

He should apologize because he is fully aware of the real person Buhari was and is.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by effort1: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
helinues:
This Reno too dey think too much of himself.

Who dah hell is he?

May your life reflect everything that buahri's leadership represent.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by effort1: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Shut up Ignoramus Peasant, do you what it is to be a Noble Laureate Winner? Nonsense Mumurist.

And this Nobel laureate is lying like a common lying fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by skywalker240(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Shut up Ignoramus Peasant, do you what it is to be a Noble Laureate Winner? Nonsense Mumurist.
Mynd44

Rule 2
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by LZAA: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
Gwan2:

You said it all. Unlike you, I wanted the government of GEJ replaced, but I never voted for PMB. Subconsciously, I knew the only option aside GEJ is/was PMB, but I never thought it was worth my vote.

I endured serious accusations and conceited hatred amongst many of my suppose friends for having such a contrary opinion, especially when it was more like a Christian and Moslem contest.

To make matters worse, some openly and subtly wished me and my likes evil and bad luck, just to chastise and justify their opinion over mine and my ilks. For me, I supported the replacement of GEJ administration because of obvious ills which you highlighted. Now to all this partisan folks, please don’t come here and ask me how far now, since GEJ is out….like someone said earlier, hindsight is a tool used by cowards for hubris.

Lastly, I have blocked those idiot.s that keep themselves updated with my progress, just to spite me for the decision I made not to support GEJ continuity. One dey always obvious my milestone without any applaud or felicitation…because to his disappointment, it didn’t turn out the way he thought…I don block that one tey tey
Make una afonjas replace all these una grammar with we are sorry and people will forgive you
Soyinka insulted Jonathan and campaigned for buhari
No amount of "sophistication" will erase that fact

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by vicfajeze: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2022
ask him now
helinues:
This Reno too dey think too much of himself.

Who dah hell is he?
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Advocate500: 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
The verbal abuse and attack wole soyinka is receiving especially coming from this political hypocrite called Reno omokri is uncalled for, wole made a wrong decision then by supporting a bigot and divisionist as a president, most of us did,all thanks to the media with image laundering, aside the zombie on social media who still support Buhari without apology, hoping that by doing so will give criminal Tinubu the leverage to become president. I have grown up to love wole soyinka, i will forgive him for misleading most of us then.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by obailala(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
Great2017:

It is either you lack understanding or you like arguing in a circle. I never said Jonathan is the best thing after sliced bread. I will only say it for the last time. Jonathan is miles better than Buhari. 7years of Buhari's administration has proved us right. If you think otherwise, let us compare their achievements.
I'm not here to compare any achievements with you. I told you clearly before, Jonathan was an incompetent and useless president and deserved to go! So I had no reservations opting for something different.

I never told you Buhari's 7 years has been any better if that's what your problem is. With the level of insecurity then creeping into Abuja and moving down south, and with the nonchalance of the president then, it was only reasonable to try something different, especially since the alternative had at least a military background. I wasnt going to reward failure with an extension simply because of the fear of the unknown.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by obailala(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
Classickj:

So why did ur bubu promise to stop the killing instead it has gotten worse
Shit happens!
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by richie240: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by theTranslator: 7:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
Gadafii:
Wole is a typical two faced afonjaa, shameless and ready to switch on you in a split second

Their loyalty isnt total or complete.

The old cultist get mind come outside dey tell us say he no support buhari, instead make he fr just hide him head somewhere.

your father is stupid
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by anonimi: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
helinues:
See hypocrisy.

You do not want people to talk any how about your dad but you can abused and attacked others grandpa?

You need to remove the logs in your eyes first before accusing others

Is his dad a public figure like Soyinka who influences people to vote for a failure like Bubu
Can you please confirm your reasonableness?

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by ofwest47(m): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
Reno omokomo, omo buruku did Wole Shoyinka not say the right things? After several years of Obasanro, Atiku, Jonathan loot loot loot super looting administration.
As at today with all the available capital development projects in the country today which of the one you worked with in the super looting administration can claim to be responsible for the building of the project.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Daddy46: 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
helinues:

Honourable yet we don't know his name. Has he contested for ordinary councilor before? What impact has he made towards the development of this country?

When Soyinka and others were fighting for the betterment of this country, where was your dad?
which dirty fight that old fool fight way create cult see mumu

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Great2017: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2022
obailala:
I'm not here to compare any achievements with you. I told you clearly before, Jonathan was an incompetent and useless president and deserved to go! So I had no reservations opting for something different.

I never told you Buhari's 7 years has been any better if that's what your problem is. With the level of insecurity then creeping into Abuja and moving down south, and with the nonchalance of the president then, it was only reasonable to try something different, especially since the alternative had at least a military background. I wasnt going to reward failure with an extension simply because of the fear of the unknown.
Nobody asked you to reward failure with anything. Replacing failure with a worse failure is not acceptable by all standard. Buhari's antecedents are not new. There nothing like an unknown here. You were aware of his failure, yet, you still went ahead to elect him. You are simply rewarding failure that you claim to be against.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by subcbouy: 12:52am On Apr 09, 2022
Are you guys now trading on us? Even Reno is crazy to tell us who is better or doing well. If Jonathan had performed, nobody would have voted for Buhari. He also failed to be a Ph.D. holder and cannot transform Nigeria. Crazy people, crazy politics.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by obailala(m): 1:11am On Apr 09, 2022
Great2017:

Nobody asked you to reward failure with anything. Replacing failure with a worse failure is not acceptable by all standard. Buhari's antecedents are not new. There nothing like an unknown here. You were aware of his failure, yet, you still went ahead to elect him. You are simply rewarding failure that you claim to be against.
What was this his antecedent with 'security'? Please remind me...
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:35am On Apr 09, 2022
helinues:

Honourable yet we don't know his name. Has he contested for ordinary councilor before? What impact has he made towards the development of this country?

When Soyinka and others were fighting for the betterment of this country, where was your dad?

So one can't contribute towards the development of the country unless he/she hold a political office? True human being undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by RealityGod: 7:15am On Apr 09, 2022
tesppidd:
These Jonathan fan boys led by Reno sef !

Even the man Jonathan has been quiet ever since; he probably realized how much he messed up and like the gentleman he is; has chosen to remain quiet.

But his soldiers have been crying since 2015 till date.

The performance or non performance of Buhari has got nothing to do with Jonathan.

Every patrioitic and reasonable Nigerian as at 2015 would call for the sack of Jonathan.

So also every reasonable and patriotic Nigerian would ask for Buhari to be sacked as of today..

Enough with this blackmail of Nigerians who voted for Buhari over Jonathan.

Jonathan was also so incompetent at 2015 that a stone would have defeated him in an election.

Reno and co should move on with their lives and stop blackmailing anyone who didn't support Gej.
Gej himself has moved on.

Besides that post from Reno does not prove that Wole campaigned for Buhari, that statement was made after Buhari had already won.

It still doesn’t justify rebranding, packaging and supporting the devil because the angels didn’t deliver as expected. No matter how incompetent, it would never had been this worst. The country has never been this divided. Please, let’s admit our errors and apologize and make a way forward with a clear heart and not one filled with self-interest at the detriment of others, most especially others like the south east.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by RealityGod: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2022
Advocate500:
The verbal abuse and attack wole soyinka is receiving especially coming from this political hypocrite called Reno omokri is uncalled for, wole made a wrong decision then by supporting a bigot and divisionist as a president, most of us did,all thanks to the media with image laundering, aside the zombie on social media who still support Buhari without apology, hoping that by doing so will give criminal Tinubu the leverage to become president. I have grown up to love wole soyinka, i will forgive him for misleading most of us then.

You are a honourable man
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Great2017: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2022
obailala:
What was this his antecedent with 'security'? Please remind me...
Salad is served, Indomie Generation. This is Buhari you knew nothing about prior to 2015.

I have copied and paste some for you

Buhari is a coup plotter. He plotted a coup that ousted a democratically elected president. No civilised democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President, the same individual who overthrew an elected President. Before you give me that excuse of his plotting a coup due to corruption, remember that ALL coup plotters alleges their main reason is because politicians are corrupt and there has been break down of law & order. For Buhari to president is like asking a pirate who hijacked your ship & sank it, to become a captain to lead a rescue mission for the ship.

Buhari is an ethnic bigot, as part of his tribalistic practices, he placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi but he locked up Shagari's vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri. Shagari is an Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman. This action of jailing Ekwueme is ethnically fired!

Buhari jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to Fela. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all.

Buhari locked up politicians without trial, and his critics not just Fela who was notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Mrs. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.

Dim Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu, who returned from 13 years exile, just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kirikiri Prison by Buhari. Up till today we were not told what his offence was.

Buhari ransacked the house of Chief Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. We were not told what Awolowo did till date.

He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because this would unravel d myth of Northern population majority.

Buhari is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. He jailed Chief Lateef Jakande, Mr. Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Adekunle Ajasin, Ayo Ojewumi on cases that have no basis. Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after. Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life.

Buhari allowed Awwal Ibrahim (Niger State governor), who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara & dollars to be under house arrest.

He put in place a retroactive law that killed three (innocent) men by public execution. But he left untouched Ibrahim Babangida, an alleged well known drug baron who later overthrew his government.

Buhari jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian Newspaper on stories that were factually true under Decree 4 and told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, d writer would go to jail.

Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison the immediate medical attention. The then Gov. of Ogun State, Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

Buhari jailed Sam Mbakwe, went for one of Mbakwe's wives too. He established himself again for what he was/is by letting Mbakwe receive the news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives while in prison.

Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State in 2011, was Mohammed Abacha – the same person that ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola and attempted to kill Mr. Alex Ibru.

Buhari is unforgiving. When he was in power in 1983, he remembered an article written long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo titled, "the Mallams are coming" and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army function where he was reported to be very openly pro-Fulani and pro-Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. Onabanjo got a harsh jail terms and treatments.

Buhari supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, former Director General of the Customs, a compromised politician who later became the Vice President. The smuggling was supervised by Buhari's ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

Buhari is an Islamic fundamentalist. His ascendancy to the presidential seat will be a booster for his likes. He probably tried to let us know he is not a religious bigot by picking Bakare as a running mate in 2011. But, it doesn't change anything.

Buhari was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country. Apathy and evil work hand in hand. They are the same basically. Evil wills it, apathy allows it, and apathy - is not bothered so long as it is not personally inconvenienced.

We should never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides.

Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented- Elie Weisel. Buhari is not Boko Haram, but he, like so many of the rest of the Northern leaders including the sultan have not openly and seriously condemned the activities of members of Boko Haram. Being silent in the midst of another's suffering, even when your in a position to speak against it, you are either tacitly supporting the evil and/or in fact enjoying it.

Buhari has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the PTF of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha and has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the North with the trust fund. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups; as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. El Rufai testified to this, when he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

To add insult to injury, Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. He has never apologised at anytime. This is the same way CPC loyalists massacred and lynched Nigerian youth corpers after the last election. A refined politician is expected to tender an apology on behalf of the ignorant loyalists. Buhari refused to apologise. He argued that the mob were angry because election was rigged. Is that sufficient to take the life of another? Buhari forgot or pretended to have forgotten CPC rigged the election too by registering under aged voters. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands and he who seeks equity must do equity. Buhari concentrated on allegations of rigged election rather than on human life.

The three men executed by Buhari were Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). One of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry capital punishment at the time it was committed. Killing people with retroactive laws is not a civilised thing to do. It is murder and same as Aluu 4 incident.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by YorobaPIGS: 8:12am On Apr 09, 2022
obailala:
Given Nigeria's political structure, there were only 2 candidates from the only 2 serious political parties at the time. Also given the horrible security situation at the time, and the sheer incompetence of the last govt in handling the insecurity, it clearly seemed like the only pragmatic choice to try a new hand. A lot of people clearly forget how boko haram was releasing bombs almost every other week even in the centre of Abuja. That needed to be checked, and that endeared many to the idea of trying a new option who was at least seen as ex-military.

So yes, the new hand may have failed today, but given the situation at the time, I feel absolutely no regrets for my decision at the time to boot out the former guy and try something different.
I have said it before and I repeat, you are utterly senseless and foolish. So You knew the bolded, yet you keep arguing like a castrated monkey that Soyinka made the statement after the election.

How about the other statement before the elections where he said "don't vote for Jonathan"?

If you had an ounce of brain and any iota of common sense and having conceded the bolded above in your comment, you would know that asking Nigerians to reject Jonathan is akin to or invariably telling Nigerians to vote for buhari since the two dominant parties then where the only 2 'serious' contenders for the office...

...alas you are so mentally deficient and irredeemably stupid to see beyond your nose.

Aturu
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by YorobaPIGS: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Can someone tell Reno that Soyinka made that statement after Buhari won the election.

Soyinka was advising Nigerians to not look into the past but Judge Buhari on his actions as a President.

That is not campaigning for Buhari.
what about "don't vote for Jonathan" ?

Was it aslo after the election?
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by Great2017: 8:18am On Apr 09, 2022
I have copied and paste yet another antecedent of your saint Buhari with no record of insecurity.

I will transmit a story of how he disciplined a former military Head of State (Buhari) and prevented what could have led to the Nigerian second civil war.

It was on 13 October 2000, when words went round that General Muhammadu Buhari was leading the Arewa team to the governor’s office to confront the state over alleged killings of Fulani cattle rearers in Saki, Oke Ogun Area of the state. Buhari did actually telephone the governor that he was leading a team to his office.

In less than 30 minutes after the general informed the governor of his visit, we noticed that the entire secretariat was already filled with lorry loads of our brothers from the North. This created some tension but we kept our calm. At about 2 p.m., Buhari arrived in a long convoy at the governor’s office in company of the former governor of Lagos State, General Buba Marwa, Alhaji Aliko Muhammed, Alhaji Abdulrazak and Alhaji Hassan. They all wore long faces. In fact, the anger in them was palpable as all pleasantries extended to them were ignored. “This is trouble” was the expression on the faces of all of us in the governor’s office.

Shortly afterwards, the state Director of State Security Service (SSS) and Commissioner of Police arrived. But their presence did not change anything particular on the fears that had already gripped majority of us. The two security chiefs did not come with any operatives, they came almost alone.

The meeting was called to order after Lam walked into the Executive Chambers. Introductions over, Buhari spoke on their mission to the governor’s office. Emitting fire, the general accused Lam and the government of Oyo State of complicity in the killing of over 68 Fulani people in Oke Ogun area and perversion of justice.

His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to discuss with you and your government our displeasure about the incident of clashes between two peoples… the Fulani cattle rearers and merchants are today being harassed , attacked and killed like in Saki. In the month of May, 2000, 68 bodies of Fulani cattle rearers were recovered and buried under the supervision and protection from a team of Mobile Police from Oyo State Command.

“ That some arrests were made by Oyo State Police Command in the massacre with their immediate release without court trial. This was said to have been ordered by Oyo State authorities and they were so released to their amazement. The release of the arrested suspects gave the clear impression that the authorities are backing and protecting them to continue the unjust and illegal killings of Fulani cattle rearers…”

According to the general, they therefore wanted immediate stoppage of the killings, justice and compensation to the Fulanis.

Advertisement
As weighty and indicting as Buhari’s allegations were, Lam remained unperturbed. He fired back with his own well coordinated arsenals.

Lam identified all the points raised by Buhari and simply asked the heads of the organizations directly involved to respond to the allegations.

First to speak was the Commissioner of Police who debunked all the claims. Instead of the allegation that the natives were killing Fulanis, the commissioner said pointedly that the opposite was the case.

“ The killing of the natives by the Fulanis was duly reported to the police and, of course, we can’t make arrest because, as soon as they kill, they migrate to other areas. Who are you going to arrest? That is the problem”. On the killing of Fulanis, which he said was as result of “piled up anger”, the commissioner disclosed that arrests had been made and the suspects were in police custody.

Next was the Director of SSS, who equally debuked the allegations by Buhari. “The natives don’t have problem with the Fulanis who are resident but those who are coming in, they don’t care about anybody. They just go ahead and when they graze the natives farms, whoever cares to challenge them runs into trouble. You said 68 people were killed , and people driven away. I am not saying there were no killings but they cannot be more than five. The petition is on the harsh side, there is nothing like that.”

Not done yet, Lam called in his Deputy, Barrister Iyiola Oladokun; his SSG, Chief Michael Koleoso, both from Oke Ogun, and the chairman of one of the affected local government areas, Mr Ademola Alalade. They stated the true position of things, corroborating the submissions of the security chiefs. At this point, all the tensions and apprehensions evaporated.

Trust Lam any day, he must rub it in. He spoke for about 20 minutes and the generals were at the edge of their seats for the entire period. They were like chicken that had just been thoroughly beaten by the rain.

Lam said: “Before I thank you for this visit, you have come to tell me something. I also want to tell you something and that something is to make an appeal. General Buhari has been a former Head of State, Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time and with credibility… so you are national leaders of this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you are from the North, you can be born anywhere; may be next time when I am coming to the world, I will be born in the North or the South-South.

“My appeal will be that effort must be made to unite this country and that will be ïn the best interest of all Nigerians. I am appealing to the Arewa Consultative Forum, under which auspices our distinguished Nigerians are here; in recent times, they have been sending wrong signals to a number of us who believe in the unity and peace of Nigeria; you have been too critical of the efforts of the Federal Government. I am saying this because Nigeria, at this point, cannot afford to break and the words you northern leaders utter are very weighty, at the South here, we normally analyze them critically”.

On all the allegations, he said: “From what they have written in the petition, this government is completely blameless because we don’t interfere either with the judiciary or with the police functions. I always preach peaceful co-existence in Oyo State and Nigeria as a whole. We are all Nigerians and that is what we have been preaching all along and we shall continue to be Nigerians , no matter the present or immediate problems which will be solved by the grace of Allah.

“I want to say also that we really have to appeal to our people, the itinerant Bororo people, that they should observe less aggression. It is not good , it is not right just coming from somewhere then you just pass through farm lands cultivated may be with the person’s life savings and then over night everything is gone. That is not right, even Allah does not approve of that.

We even wonder when they talk about this people carrying dangerous weapons, I say do they really believe in Allah? When you just take life like that and go away! Are we not forbidden not to take human life? So I think General Buhari, General Marwa, you have to be educating them… It is my pleasure to inform you that at the Presidential Lodge, we have made some arrangements for refreshments so that before you go we can refresh together”.

Buhari and his team did not wait for any refreshments. They came in angry and left bewildered. ADIEU! GREAT LAM!

This piece was first published on November 18, 2012.
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by YorobaPIGS: 8:18am On Apr 09, 2022
jrusky:
That man called Soyinka I have no single respect for him because he brought campus cultism to Nigeria I'm sorry Soyinka is nobody to me infact he should be detained for founding cultism in this country.

Moreso he is a liar for denying buhari now, he campaigned and begged foolish Nigerians to vote the calamity in Aso Rock to power.
First time you are making sense in months.

I'm shocked you couldn't manage to find a way to involve IPOB in this or insult MNK
Re: Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2022
YorobaPIGS:
what about "don't vote for Jonathan" ?

Was it aslo after the election?

Was Buhari the only candidate that contested against Jonathan? No. So do not vote for Jonathan is not Vote for Buhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Malami’s ₦5 Billion Rice Mill Construction In Kebbi State- SaharaReporters (Pix) / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Pastor Bulus Yakuru, Issues Wednesday Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.