Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me (48507 Views)

My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mariangeles(f): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
descarado:

It doesn't belong to the mother.
Most fathers properties were mostly generational properties but still rightfully go to the wives after the death of their husbands.

When husbands put children's names on the will, we cry marginalisation and unfair treatment.

What we should rather be arguing about is how to make the old man not sell.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by pocohantas(f): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
This son is trying to follow precedence. Many women who will properties do so to their children and men naturally will be too ashamed to be dragging properties so they just ignore but may hate the women for it.

This son that looks in one direction, if the mother acquired debts, would he be dragging it with the Dad?

Whose precedence? That of his fellow men. Because I am sure even the people from his mother’s side dragging it with him are also men. Rather than face the main issue, your gender’s innate greed on landed properties and earthly possession- you decided to face the innocent woman that is obviously dead. OP’s sisters are alive and no mention of them.

Why do you people fight yourselves and the whole world?! grin grin
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by ChuksHills(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
What on earth will make you to drag properties with your father when he is still alive. The properties is it not still you that will inherit it when he is no more. Assuming your father was your mother that died and left the properties will you drag it with your mom. Leave your father alone and stop dragging properties with him and wait for him to issue it to you. As for him wanting to sell the properties give him reasons as an adult not to sell it. Note this thing you are doing to your father will like your son to do it to you. please stop your desperation
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
ChristineC:

the law is there for a reason and your ignorance is never a panacea for morality.
This puss...y boy is talking about law. grin

Your father inlaw left properties for your wife....and your wife passed the properties to your son...and you are talking about law that you are the owner of the properties. And you dey talk of law.... dey drag properties your father inlaw passed to them. Are you normal? Dem curse you to not pray and acquire your own properties with your money?

See...dem don get you. Prosperity is far from you. You be first class werey.

Boy...you be werey without any standard. You are a puss....y. Are you sure you are ok?

There is something wrong with Nigerian men. Honestly. Just imagine the boldness this werey is posting this nonsense. Chai. Yeah...you are a werey.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
The op should work out the property sharing with his Dad among all the children and the Dad equally. He can decide to share his part of the properties.
pocohantas:

Whose precedence? That of his fellow men. Because I am sure even the people from his mother’s side dragging it with him are also men. Rather than face the main issue, your gender’s innate greed on landed properties and earthly possession- you decided to face the innocent woman that is obviously dead. OP’s sisters are alive and no mention of them.

Why do you people fight yourselves and the whole world?! grin grin
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mariangeles(f): 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
smasher1:

if he claims he has two properties and his own money, I don't know why he is ready to die because of inherited properties. even those without anything don't fight over land.

That was how one omokomo like that was fighting his own mother over properties she inherited from her late husband.

While awon omo olori ire are building houses for their ebi, awon omokomo are dragging properties with theirs. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
You're not making sense and you know it. You just wanna argue as usual
Kobojunkie:
Marriage, according to Genesis 2 vs 24 is simply an agreement between a man and woman to become husband and wife(marriage). The very same husband and wife on whom the curse in Genesis 3 vs 16 is placed on by God..
Implicated are the very same husband and wife(one) that is a marriage. undecided

God didn't place that curse on single women or single men, but on men and women in marriage(husband and wife) .I.e. on marriage itself.. undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
effort1:
He should sue his father to court?

The way you are attacking men here, is like your father taped you and you are taking it out on all men.
Is his father a god that can't be sued or something? undecided

The way I attack men? Are you certain you are not high on some dirty stuff there? Is the Op not a man? undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Lekan239(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

The property you acquired yourself is different from the one your father handed over to you, not to talk of the one your father inlaw handed over to your wife. And you want to start dragging that with your son?

If you change the name on the property your father gave you to your wife, then, it is all over na. But I am sure it will never happen.

You no well at all. How can a man in his right sense think like this? Chai! Many Nigerian men are pus...sies.

Are you really sure you are ok? In fact, I am sure the property you talked about was not from your pocket. Chai. And you still dey talk?

Is this one a man? Na puss...y be this one. grin

Werey dey disguise telling a lie he bought a property and put his wife's name there. Werey. Lol. People like you would buy a land in a ghetto for peanut and put her name, so you can acquire the one her papa handed to her in Banana Island. grin Na werey you be. You no get standard at all.

Very irritating. I spit on pus...sy men like you.
you know what girls like you who thinks everything is a competition,end up marrying men who will later kill them in the future.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
ChuksHills:
What on earth will make you to drag properties with your father when he is still alive. The properties is it not still you that will inherit it when he is no more. Assuming your father was your mother that died and left the properties will you drag it with your mom. Leave your father alone and stop dragging properties with him and wait for him to issue it to you. As for him wanting to sell the properties give him reasons as an adult not to sell it. Note this thing you are doing to your father will like your son to do it to you. please stop your desperation
You dey mad ooo. So, many Nigerian men are cra.zy like this.

Chai. You wan dey drag properties of your father inlaw with your son. Chai!

Boy,....na poverty. Go and pray to God to remove poverty from your life. See, you have a bigger problem than the properties... run...run...run...run and remove poverty fast..

Let me sing you Olamide's song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV1VX7cCZc

Sing am well ooo. Get deliverance.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by nencounter10: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
fuck419:

Do you mean the guy is a bastard?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
nencounter10:
This will be my last post on this to you.

You can only register something that has taken place for national record purposes and to get a formal document to show people without having to resort to a court that that thing has occurred. If you don't have a formal proof you may miss such benefits unless the court comes to your rescue.

That something was not registered does not mean it never occurred..
Consult your laws on marriage abeg! The constitution requires every marriage be registered. An unregistered marriage is not recognised by the constitution. If you don't like that, go have it out with your law makers, not me. undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by pocohantas(f): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
The op should work out the property sharing with his Dad among all the children and the Dad equally. He can decide to share his part of the properties.

Why would the father want to sell it? I don’t like when people sell family inheritance. Maybe it is just my head messing with me, but I feel they are legacy that should be passed on. Some would even sell it with their parents’ grave inside. I don’t like it abeg.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thought they said women are useless and are leeches. That we bring nothing to the table. What business does your father have with your mum's property?
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by effort1: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is his father a god that can't be sued or something? undecided

The way I attack men? Are you certain you are not high on some dirty stuff there? Is the Op not a man? undecided

You see this.as an opportunity to attack the father through the son since the issue is about a woman's property
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mindlog: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
The guy said a hard truth! When mem die, they leave their properties for the wife(wives) and children but women with properties tends to leave it for the children alone.

In Nigeria, between a widow with 4 children and a widower with 5 children....who is more likely to remarry and have more children?

Women with properties tend to leave for their children as a means of security for them knowing that after her death, the husband is more likely to bring a new woman into the family who would also want to have kids for the man.

Is it rational to expect such a woman to feel comfortable with the thought that after her demise,the husband would use proceeds from her properties to maintain his new wife and the children from his second marriage which at most times her own children would be deprived of what should basically be theirs?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Lekan239:
you know what girls like you who thinks everything is a competition,end up marrying men who will later kill them in the future.

Na poverty go make a man drag properties his what his father inlaw left for his son. Your son's grandfather properties. Chai. E no go better for poverty.

Guy, na poverty dey your life. Go for deliverance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV1VX7cCZc

Start deliverance in gourd house with Olamide's song.

Poverty die... die. Pray to God...

Prayer point for you
Oh Lord my father...in my life...kill poverty. Pray hard. After...sing Olamide's song. Dance very well.

May God never make you drag your father inlaw's inheritance with your son. Poverty die!!!

Good luck!
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by blasterman(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

You sef OP are greedy just like ur father

Unless stated specifically by law it should be ur fathers to be a guardian and he can decide to pass it on to you.

LEts assume reverse was the case and it was ur dad land will you be dragging land with ur mom?

Na ppl like you dey kill their papa becos of land ..OLE
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
The Op is a product of the father and mother so saying their marriage is invalid makes his birth technically invalid. Without his father, he won't be in existence
Nowhere in my post did I suggest their marriage invalid. undecided

I simply stated that if their marriage is unregistered, then op can pursue that angle on grounds that inheritance laws cannot grant his father authority over his mother's estate without documentation to legally prove their marriage. undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
You're not making sense and you know it. You just wanna argue as usual
Abeg Waka pass if you have nothing meaningful to say here! undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
effort1:
You see this.as an opportunity to attack the father through the son since the issue is about a woman's property
Abeg carry your kwata waka pass me o'jare! undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by exnovio(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
My brother ,please don't be greedy,since your father is alive anything that your mother had belongs to him now,don't ever to fight with over this or it will attract curse to you.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by TheGift: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
Note: I own my own personal house, I build with my money..am not a small boy...so those abusing am fighting over parental inheritance are getting it wrong

Thank God you have built your own house. Would you have said different if you hadn’t built your own house?

More to your point, Sometimes they are not fighting because they want the property but because they know what is right e.g they know what their mother’s wish would have been and they know their father is just being cheap by do fighting over property with His future generation, when He should be handing over wealth.

My advice to the OP is to get legal advice that prevents His Father from selling the property. He shouldn’t fight too much with the Man about rents as long as His own share and maintenance costs are covered.

Whatever happens , he must not sell the house
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by nnamdi640: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

My brother, you own those properties and your dad has no right to drag it with you, beside those properties are from your mother's parent. Take it anywhere, that properties belong to you. Please just try to follow your dad with wisdom and avoid any violence with him. First thing to do is to secure legal ownership of those properties by making sure that your name are in all the documents, then distance yourself from your dad for now until his head cool down, am sure someone is instigating all those things to him. Again if you know anyone your dad always listen to, meet the person and let the person understand the angle you are coming from.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
Maybe she can try not to die then grin,

On a serious note, women should leave some part of the properties to the husband insofar they were married before her demise. She shouldn't 'punish' the man by assuming he would remarry, women also remarry
Mindlog:

In Nigeria, between a widow with 4 children and a widower with 5 children....who is more likely to remarry and have more children?

Women with properties tend to leave for their children as a means of security for them knowing that after her death, the husband is more likely to bring a new woman into the family who would also want to have kids for the man.

Is it rational to expect such a woman to feel comfortable with the thought that after her demise,the husband would use proceeds from her properties to maintain his new wife and the children from his second marriage which at most times her own children would be deprived of what should basically be theirs?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by redcliff: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
no will

No will, then the property belongs to her next of kin. period!

Normally sef, the property belongs to the spouse when there is no will and no next of kin but for your family, e be like say una get extra problems for there already. if its a responsible family, una suppose sitdown discuss the property but apprently, you guys are not responsible if papa and son dey drag who get property of mama wey die.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
You don't pass on everything. The living must be comfortable before worrying about people who're not in existence. The future always takes care of itself. Some people without inheritance also create wealth for themselves.

The greatest inheritance the man did was training the ungrateful son to where he is!
pocohantas:

Why would the father want to sell it? I don’t like when people sell family inheritance. Maybe it is just my head messing with me, but I feel they are legacy that should be passed on. Some would even sell it with their parents’ grave inside. I don’t like it abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by ChuksHills(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
You are a very stupid girl. You lack understanding go back and read the post. Idiot that doesn't have brain.
Fish head.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by gofnor(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
You are wrong. Seek your fathers permission or be patient till he dies
GraciousGod190:

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Talentempire: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
The way people are fighting over inheritance is alarming

Your mother and your father had been together before your were born
If your father was a bad person he would have persuaded your mom to sell those properties

Your father is still alive n you are dragging inheritance with him
What a shame

Just ask yourself what if your Mom sold everything before you became a man
Won't you look for a job n plan your life ?

Na wo people n inheritance

Settle things with your father if you want this inheritance to gain you more wealth

Many inherited massive wealth but still went broke

Na person wey never go dey fight for inheritance

You may say those ones did not plan well my brother their is something about inheritance that cannot be explained

Please be careful
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mariangeles(f): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
blasterman:

You sef OP are greedy just like ur father

Unless stated specifically by law it should be ur fathers to be a guardian and he can decide to pass it on to you.

LEts assume reverse was the case and it was ur dad land will you be dragging land with ur mom?

Na ppl like you dey kill their papa becos of land ..OLE

Don't even doubt he would!

A person like the op would outright bully his mother over properties.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
Imagine you foolishly insunuating God cursed marriage and when the guy asked you if marrying would now be a sin, you went haywire.

You claim to be wise in most topics but your submissions are akways nonsense!
Kobojunkie:
Abeg Waka pass if you have nothing meaningful to say here! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.