Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me (48444 Views)

My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
You don't pass on everything. The living must be comfortable before worrying about people who're not in existence. The future always takes care of itself. Some people without inheritance also create wealth for themselves.

The greatest inheritance the man did was training the ungrateful son to where he is!

Just like his wife parents trained her and still left properties that he has been collecting rent on and now wants to sell. He shouldn’t sell his wife’s greatest inheritance to her kids. Since his own inheritance was to train them .

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
Note: I own my own personal house, I build with my money..am not a small boy...so those abusing am fighting over parental inheritance are getting it wrong

Bros, do not mind them. The problem is that there is poverty in their lives. Something is wrong with your father's finance.

He is going to hate you, but you know what? Do not let him. Do not let him sell the properties. If you do...you dont deserve them.

It means that the men in your mother's house also deserve a share from it.

I am sorry...your father no get shame. Wan dey drag wetin his father inlaw get? E no get shame at all. Na poverty dey your papa life.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by wirinet(m): 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
exnovio:
My brother ,please don't be greedy,since your father is alive anything that your mother had belongs to him now,don't ever to fight with over this or it will attract curse to you.

Are you aware that the property was inherited from the wife's father? So you mean the wife's father's property should pass unto her husband and then pass it unto another woman when he remarries.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by KiNg0G: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Don't even doubt he would!

A person like the op would outright bully his mother over properties.
op ignore this notable troll

kobojunkie
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by ChuksHills(m): 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

You dey mad ooo. So, many Nigerian men are cra.zy like this.

Chai. You wan dey drag properties of your father inlaw with your son. Chai!

Boy,....na poverty. Go and pray to God to remove poverty from your life. See, you have a bigger problem than the properties... run...run...run...run and remove poverty fast..

Let me sing you Olamide's song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV1VX7cCZc

Sing am well ooo. Get deliverance.

You are a very stupid girl. You lack understanding go back and read the post. Idiot that doesn't have brain.
Fish head.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by InvertedHammer: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

/
Do you have any documents to prove that the houses/lands in question were bequeathed to you by your mother? If not, the lands/houses rightfully belong to your dad--the surviving spouse.

/
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
Imagine you foolishly insunuating God cursed marriage and when the guy asked you if marrying would now be a sin, you went haywire.
You claim to be wise in most topics but your submissions are akways nonsense!
Are you certain I am the fool in this case? undecided

In the same context of Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, we see that God cursed pregnancy/childbirth - every child born is of the curse-, man and even man's lifespan, but for some reason... you crazy lot cannot seem to accept that God cursed marriage. It is almost like you dingbats think marriage is some sort of sacred thing God could not curse even with Him cursing man.. undecided

I really don't get how you folks reason these things at all. undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
Why did she not will it to them then if she doesn't want the husband to touch it?

Who says the son cannot will his share of these properties to his children?

If the op wasnt born, the mother would still have inherited those properties.

Everybody should get a share and do what they want with it. The op is selfish and ungrateful
pocohantas:

Just like his wife parents trained her and still left properties that he has been collecting rent on and now wants to sell. He shouldn’t sell his wife’s greatest inheritance to her kids. Since his own inheritance was to train them .
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
exnovio:
My brother ,please don't be greedy,since your father is alive anything that your mother had belongs to him now,don't ever to fight with over this or it will attract curse to you.
Hahahha. Which curse can come out of a poor man? A man that has already been cursed. Is poverty not a curse? Hahahaha.

You better keep quiet there. Person wey suppose to go for deliverance to remove curse from his body wan curse?

You sef...you better pray for poverty to be far away from you...person wey get this kin mentality is cursed already. grin

What on earth willl make a man to drag his father-inlaw properties with his son? Na POVERTY!!!

Poverty must die oooo! Amen!!!
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by effort1: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Abeg carry your kwata waka pass me o'jare! undecided
Stop spreading the negativity you brought from your home to people here.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by pocohantas(f): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
Why did she not will it to them then if she doesn't want the husband to touch it?

Everybody should get a share and do what they want with it. The op is selfish and ungrateful

Thankfully the OP was born and he alone knows the backstory. The mother is late and the father who isn’t suffering a kidney or heart failure requiring millions for surgery, already wants to start selling her properties. In fact, he shouldn’t allow the dad sell even bucket.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mariangeles(f): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
KiNg0G:
op ignore this notable troll

kobojunkie

Avoid me please.

Thank you for your understanding. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by moshino(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

It all belongs to your father, he's your mother's next of kin. You are the one dragging it with him. You mentioned that you're a grown man now, so do the needful, go and work hard n smart to build your own wealth like a man.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:

Poverty die die die...poverty die.

Man wey dey drag his father inlaw properties with his son....na poverty. Poverty die die die...poverty die.

Na bad luck...poverty die.

The person is already unfortunate....poverty die.

You sef wey dey talk rubbish out...poverty must die in your life. Poverty die.

After that poverty has left you...and you come to your sense, you will see how stu.pid you are to dey support a man to drag properties his son's grandpa (the man's inlaw) left for him.

Poverty....die!
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by nencounter10: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
abbey621:

Most are registered, either church or the Muslim Niqqah, both issue certificates that serves as registration, of course court weddings provide more protection(Monogamy, etc) but in over 900 cases brought before the courts in the past 10 years, the religious marriage certificates was enough proof of validity.

Even if the are not registered, the court will still recognise it. BTW apart from a court the certificate issued during church marriage and Niqqah is not recognised in most paces. Until you register a marriage at a marriage registry, it is not yet registered. A marriage is deemed to be registered only and only of it is registered with the government. Those certificate issued during religious marriage just help to proof that a marriage has occurred. That certificate can then be used as a basis for registering the marriage with the government.

One more thing, church and mosque marriage are not traditional marriages, they are regious marriages. There are three types of marriages on Nigeria: court, religious, and traditional. Any of these three is valid, but each still need to be registered. Kobojunkie note the above.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Chiadi87: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sir on whatsoever reason you have to fight your father over your mom's properties like you claim is totally wrong. As long he is married to your mother and they had intercourse to give birth to you before you grown up to know anything called property he is entitled to those properties.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by MtDave55: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
If I understand the poster well he is trying to stop how father from squandering what the mum inherited from her family. The OP havw jos own house built with his own money, but he want to protect his mother legacy and I see nothing wrong in doing such that. If the Poster maternal grand father and mother behave in the manner the father is doing, I don't think the property will be available for the poster mother to inherit not to talk of the father laying claim to it.
The father might have cogent reasons for wanting to take over the property but whatever it is he is supposed to reason things with his only surviving child who is also the heir to whatever he have...
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
moshino:

It all belongs to your father, he's your mother's next of kin. You are the one dragging it with him. You mentioned that you're a grown man now, so do the needful, go and work hard n smart to build your own wealth like a man.

Na bad luck dey make a man to want his farher inlaw's properties...poverty die.

Na real curse....poverty die.

And you that is supporting the man...na poverty dey your life.

Enter your room...and start deliverance.

Sing Olamide's song to remove poverty from your life.

Poverty die...die...die...

Goodluck!
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
Now lets assume the mother left debts instead of assets, who would pay?

Poverty is nowhere near me.....i am in a very good place.
PeaceJoyLove:

Man wey dey drag his father inlaw properties with his son....na poverty. Poverty die die die...poverty die.

Na bad luck...poverty die.

The person is already unfortunate....poverty die.

You sef wey dey talk rubbish out...poverty must die in your life. Poverty die.

After that poverty has left you...and you come to your sense, you will see how stu.pid you are to dey support a man to drag properties his son's grandpa (the man's inlaw) left for him.

Poverty....die!
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
He would have to kill his father because legally, he can't stop him.
pocohantas:

Thankfully the OP was born and he alone knows the backstory. The mother is late and the father who isn’t suffering a kidney or heart failure requiring millions for surgery, already wants to start selling her properties. In fact, he shouldn’t allow the dad sell even bucket.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by CSTRR: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
wirinet:

Are you aware that the property was inherited from the wife's father? So you mean the wife's father's property should pass unto her husband and then pass it unto another woman when he remarries.
Well, that is what happens when a man inherits properties too.
It passes to his wife.

The only reason why this one is strange is that usually the surviving parent keeps it for the children.

But normally, it belongs to the surviving parent to do as he or she pleases.

Many women have squandered their late husband's wealth on new boyfriends.

It's their right.

The same applies to the man in this case too.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
ChuksHills:

[s]You are a very stupid girl. You lack understanding go back and read the post. Idiot that doesn't have brain.
Fish head. [/s]

Chuck hill...hmmm. Poverty dey your life and you still get sharp mouth. Hmmmm.

You dont know your name is ChuckGutter. Poverty don common you from on top hill and drop you for gutter na. If not, why would you think of acquiring your father inlaw's properties.

Haaaa!

Poverty must die.

Poverty must die ooooo.

Enter deliverance room fast.

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Bbbw: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Go work for yours
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
Now lets assume the mother left debts instead of assets, who would pay?

Poverty is nowhere near me.....i am in a very good place.
DMerciful...
Call on the mercy of God to remove poverty in your life. Na poverty a dey see na.

The boy said his mom left properties...and poverty changed am to debts for you.

Na poverty ooooo. Poverty must die in your life. Poverty die die die...poverty die.

You better run for deliverance. Call for the mercy of God. God is merciful.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:

Don't be a Fucckin simp fight for it right ....you don't need any yeye advice stand up your a man not a pussy ...na everything you go carry come here put your old in order angry
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by The5DME(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

You are not normal. You are the kind of men we need to start beating. And you are bold to say that you want the properties your wife inherited from her dad registered in your name? grin Many men in Nigeria arent normal. Seriously, you are top on the list. And see, you will never marry a rich woman who you will kill and start dragging the properties with the children. That woman will be the one that will kill you if your plan is to over power her to claim what she inherited from her father.

You no get shame at all. Na poverty go kill you. I swear. Peoppe like you dont deserve any kind of pity.
Good day sir. Please, I sent you an email sir, please respond.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Dbarrzx: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
How u wan dey fight ur papa over his wife property. They owned it together except your mum willed them to you.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by KiNg0G: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
Bbbw:
Go work for yours
you need to reboot your blunt brain, op said he owns 2 house already?..... which work you go give am... because am sure he wants to build more.

ewu
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Maobichek: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am imagining the OP has tried sitting down and talking this out with his dad but has reached nowhere with him, so may be desperately looking for someway to stop the man from continuing frivolously doing away with what was his mother's property. undecided

If pursuing this angle somehow delays his father's planned use of the properties, should he at least try? undecided

There is no harm in trying ok but the OP's position and the manner he conveyed the whole stroy shows "entitlement mentality" and as such he would find it difficult to consider his dad.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by DMerciful(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
Now run along, you've been noticed.
PeaceJoyLove:

DMerciful...
Call on the mercy of God to remove poverty in your life. Na poverty a dey see na.

The boy said his mom left properties...and poverty changed am to debts for you.

Na poverty ooooo. Poverty must die in your life. Poverty die die die...poverty die.

You better run for deliverance. Call for the mercy of God. God is merciful.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Mindlog: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
DMerciful:
Maybe she can try not to die then grin,

On a serious note, women should leave some part of the properties to the husband insofar they were married before her demise. She shouldn't 'punish' the man by assuming he would remarry, women also remarry

Mention someone you know who would not die someday? How is she punishing the man by securing the future of the kids they had together?

Are you not aware in many places in Nigeria how when a man dies, his family of birth swoops in to grab whatever they can not minding his nuclear family or how the properties they are swooping on came about?

In one of my earlier posts where I narrated how a woman before her death willed the 4 flats apartments in Lagos which she inherited from her father to the 3 daughters she had with her husband who had 2 other children outside while they were still married. If she wasn't smart enough by now, you and I know that the baby mama would have been upgraded to a wife and would be forming landlady ontop property whey she no know the history and would claim that her son being the man's only male child should be the rightful heir to the property and would go to any length to achieve that.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by cococandy(f): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
Since it’s inheritance, it belongs to you.
If it were earned during the marriage, it belongs to your dad and by extension you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

I Caught My 14-year-old Son Watching Porn.. / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.