Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me (48566 Views)

My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by emmaodet: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
bjprodint1:
Are u ur mom's next of kin?dont u av other siblings cos it seems u are d only one fighting 4 properties.uncle,go and hustle so dat u can leave properties for ur wife.or is it ur mom's properties u want 2 leave 4 ur wife and kids?

grin grin grin
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by emmaodet: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
simpleseyi:

Just the same way you are fighting your father for properties, you are also fighting anybody that has s contrary opinion to your prodigality

grin grin
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
Owologbo:

They can't reclaim it because of the children.
without the children can the man transfer the lady's family properties to his family?
Are you by any chance a legal practitioner? undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Akinh: 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

am very sure your mom will be so sad raising p**$y as a son...your mate are left with nothing , and if I ask you now, am sure you are around 20-40 , all you have inside that brain isn't balling,quote me wrong and show us what you are able to achieve during the time she was alive aside from you thinking once she is dead all the properties belong to me babe don't worry?
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by ChristineC: 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

This puss...y boy is talking about law. grin

Your father inlaw left properties for your wife....and your wife passed the properties to your son...and you are talking about law that you are the owner of the properties. And you dey talk of law.... dey drag properties your father inlaw passed to them. Are you normal? Dem curse you to not pray and acquire your own properties with your money?

See...dem don get you. Prosperity is far from you. You be first class werey.

Boy...you be werey without any standard. You are a puss....y. Are you sure you are ok?

There is something wrong with Nigerian men. Honestly. Just imagine the boldness this werey is posting this nonsense. Chai. Yeah...you are a werey.
this must be the later stages of insanity. dude who raised you? what a waste of skin.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Under customary law, a husband has no right of succession to the property of his wife that the woman inherited from her family. Generally, a man is seen as a stranger to his wife's family's property and has no right of inheritance to same.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Dbarrzx: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Poverty dey your life. The property na his inlaw get am...how he take be his?

Poverty dey your life to think this way. Poverty die die die...poverty die.

If God blesses you... na you go stand by your son say dem no born any body to come cheat him.

Haaaa... poverty na bastard oo. See how poverty turn a man to pussssy..

Poverty die die die... poverty die.
I said I shouldn't honor you with response but I decide to tell you this. Learn to disagree with people's opinion without using insulting words. To your surprise I think I am richer than your generational wealth put together. Ekpa
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
Aijeez:
Under customary law, a husband has no right of succession to the property of his wife that the woman inherited from her family. Generally, a man is seen as a stranger to his wife's family's property and has no right of inheritance to same.
In Nigeria? Woo-hoo! undecided
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by PlanktonX: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
How can you say your father is dragging his wife property with you.....

Are you sure you are this man's son?

Many people had been sent to the world beyond because of properties....

Plz hussle for what is yours and enjoy this beautiful life God has given you. Whether your father like it or not, he would leave the property someday, but to who?

Thread softly, because the floor is slippery!!!
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by baby124: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
Oyerinde16:

Even if its #10 dowry he paid, it's is accepted as a valid exchange paid on the head of the woman. And the man must get is #10 back if they divorce...

Legally the man owns the right to his wife's estate after she is gone, the son will own or have the right to the estate only when both father and mother, husband and wife are no more...

Or are you trying to tell me if the wife inherits her husband's estate, the son will tell the mother the properties belong to his late dad and the mother should no drag it with him... Useless lazy son... This son has the relative mentality, he can take his fathers estate and trow out his mother...
It’s not an exchange my dear. You cannot use N100 to acquire properties worth millions. It does not happen anywhere in this world. Except the woman wants you to. Nobody owns anyone o. Get that into your head. In the case of divorce, so they husband will now start fighting her over her father’s property? LMAO. It’s like you are not thinking clearly. You cannot buy a human being.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:

How?

Really

I don't agree at all

If I wasn't born, do you think those property would be accessible to him?
Because he married my mother.
It would have been passed down to the closest relative of my mother kindreds

This is Hilariously Absurd! The property in question belong to the man unless it was explicitly willed to the son. Common people! Why is the young man laying claim to what is not his. Nothing entitles you to your mother's properties of she did not expressly say so in a written will.

Do you know that if there were to be a divorce before the woman's demise all assets and liabilities will be shared between the man and wife. Explain to me where the son comes into the equation. Don't be stupid young man. Stop oppressing the innocent wayward man who wants to sell off everything and most probably waste the money according to how you presented the case.

From what I see your father is just being lenient with you. If this gets to court, you might even do some time for harassing the innocent Man. You have no defense. I know you don't want to hear this but it's the truth.. it's always uncomfortable to hear it.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by neey1028: 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Poverty dey worry you. A man who has built his house is who you wan turn to baby cos the property belongs to his mom. Na poverty. Go for deliverance.

So you think all the people advising you never build house, mumu. To build house na your only achievement. If I'm your father I will organise DNA test for you cos I no you're a bastard son �.
Your actions depicts one
Omo ale

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Malawian(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2022
Share with your father. Let him know what is his and what is yours once and for all.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

According to Nigerians laws, it belongs to his father now. Unless he decides to teach the man a lesson.

Haba, property that the mother inherited from her parents. What type of men are we now raising in Nigeria
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Maobichek: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided

I think OP should do whatever he can to keep his father from wasting away his grandparent's sweat abeg! undecided

I support your position on this but the OP should ensure that his father lacks nothing if he succeed in taken over the properties. The father is married to his mom, i wonder what i would be if he is his step-father, his father should be discouraged from waisting spending but he is his father.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
neey1028:

So you think all the people advising you never build house, mumu. To build house na your only achievement. If I'm your father I will organise DNA test for you cos I no you're a bastard son �.
Your actions depicts one
Omo ale

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dbarrzx:
I said I shouldn't honor you with response but I decide to tell you this. Learn to disagree with people's opinion without using insulting words. To your surprise I think I am richer than your generational wealth put together. Ekpa

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
ChristineC:
this must be the later stages of insanity. dude who raised you? what a waste of skin.

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Jetbound: 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
GraciousGod190:
As much as I hate bringing this here, I need advice on ways to go about this..is it right for a father to drag his wife wealth with his son, knowing fully well, the son is now a grown man.

My mom left us with lot of properties she acquired as inheritance from her father and mother side, been the only surviving child, while she was still around some relatives wanted to grab some of it...claiming she's a woman...but seeing she had a grown up son which was me they had to maintain and stay on their lane... besides my mom was never the sluggish type.

Now, my dad is trying to drag this property with me, saying he wants to sell some of the land without even informing me... he his claiming some of house rents and lavishing it on frivolities anyhow.

Yes he's my father, he trained me up to this stage that I am, but by right I thought Those properties are mine already.since it's inheritance that's supposed to be passed down to her offsprings.....if am wrong please someone should tell me.

Your dad's selfish. He should be leaving to you not dragging anything with you. Take what's yours and don't feel guilty. If it was your mom doing the same thing they'll say all kinda bad things about her but as a guy he's expected to get away with shi*t like this. Don't let him..
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
eeewise:

Order of inheritance is first the surviving spouse
Before the kids

The spouse comes before the kids

These are properties his mother inherited from her parents.

Do you think Eazi will automatically become the owners of what Otedola would give to his daughter. It doesn't work like that with the Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by wirinet(m): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
PlanktonX:
How can you say your father is dragging his wife property with you.....
Not just his father's wife's property but also his own grandfathers property. What if the the guy is not the biological son but a step father. Will you expect that his grandfathers property willed to the mother and then will to him should be appropriated by your mother's husband (step father) because he was married to her?

Are you sure you are this man's son?
Why ask the question? Was there any doubt in the first place?

Many people had been sent to the world beyond because of properties....
Yes. Families fight over property the world over.

Plz hussle for what is yours and enjoy this beautiful life God has given you. Whether your father like it or not, he would leave the property someday, but to who?
This advice should go to the father. He should hussle for his own property instead of chooking his eyes on a property hustled by another man, and willed to his daughter.
How can the father leave a property for anyone when he does not own a property of his own, but had been parasiting on the properties of the wife's family.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Michcole: 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No! The Married Women's Property Act of 1882 in Nigeria allows for women to have and keep property of their own in marriage. undecided

Is this act also applicable in Nigeria?
From the look of things on the internet it is an act of the British Parliament.
Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
Yeyeoldman:

This is Hilariously Absurd! The property in question belong to the man unless it was explicitly willed to the son. Common people! Why is the young man laying claim to what is not his. Nothing entitles you to your mother's properties of she did not expressly say so in a written will.

Do you know that if there were to be a divorce before the woman's demise all assets and liabilities will be shared between the man and wife. Explain to me where the son comes into the equation. Don't be stupid young man. Stop oppressing the innocent wayward man who wants to sell off everything and most probably waste the money according to how you presented the case.

From what I see your father is just being lenient with you. If this gets to court, you might even do some time for harassing the innocent Man. You have no defense. I know you don't want to hear this but it's the truth.. it's always uncomfortable to hear it.

Responsible men will not be interested in the propeetues their wives inherited from their parents. Such Properties are for the children of the wives and not for the husband

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Malawian:
Share with your father. Let him know what is his and what is yours once and for all.
Poverty syndrome.
Poverty die die die...poverty die.

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
Yeyeoldman:

See epistle on top your inlaw inheritance.

Ha.... haaaaaaa

Na poverty. Poverty is a ba.stard. only poverty will make a man glorify himself in dragging his inlaw's properties with his son. Chai. Poverty die die die....poverty die!

Poverty must "japa".

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by goody234: 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
get a good lawyer and be firm your father is being greedy!! and he is trying to chance you ..Do not allow him to take over your mothers properties i repeat do not allow him to collect rent from any tenant.
To be candid with you i dont think your father has done well in life to be fighting over property with you he is exhibiting a poverty mindset
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by baby124: 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
ezegenigbonine:

So far the did not state the person that will be in charge of her properties when she dies in a (WILL), the law state that the most eldest male of the family shall be in charge of the properties. And the most elders is the husband.

No law states that in Nigeria. Maybe Igbo customary law. Legal laws say the woman’s heirs have rights to her property. That’s husband and children. Husband comes in when it’s acquired within marriage. Not inherited.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Malawian(m): 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Poverty syndrome.
Poverty die die die...poverty die.
We both know if the reverse was the case, the surviving wife will feel entitled to the properties.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
goody234:
get a good lawyer and be firm your father is being greedy!! and he is trying to chance you ..Do not allow him to take over your mothers properties i repeat do not allow him to collect rent from any tenant
Sir...nothing like wasting money fto get lawyers on such useless father. Na to find boys make dem give am ....make him collect am. Some of them will start threatening the son that the man will curse him. Curse wetin? Person wey poverty don already curse go curse another. grin

The man is in the category of the men in his mother's house.

What I want you to know is that those wicked people that go to send wives and children of their brothers out of their house are also people who are in NL. Most of those supporting the man are in that category.

But if you look closely, na poverty dey cause am. If dem get money, dem no even go have time to start give their brother's wives wahala. Na poverty.

The best advice for the son is to disown the father and move on with his life. Na useless father. Poverty should be sent away.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Trojan8(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
Man created a thread, then created two clownish accounts to attack those that won't support what he posted.

You don't know what your problem is yet.
Re: My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
Malawian:

We both know if the reverse was the case, the surviving wife will feel entitled to the properties.
Does she even have any chance in this Nigeria? Please answer the question.

How many women have laid claims to their father inlaw's properties when there are brother inlaws? grin Answer me na.

The only way women have such claim is through the children.

Please, no blow us lies here. The women will only front the children which is the right way. And when the children see the way their mom fought, they always allow their mom to be in charge.

But the man is grown up in this case. Even men in his mom's family dey afraid. But his useless farher has the gut to say he wants to take his inlaw's properties. Ha ba!

Think na. Wetin happen to your brain?

Sorry oooo...na poverty dey make person think outside down without having any dignity anymore. And you call yourself a man.

Haha. You don give up say you cant have your ow properties. Poverty is a bastard.

See ...go do deliverance fast. Enter room...dey sing with Olamide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV1VX7cCZc

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.