Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41334 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Brownshoe: 8:55am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Did you see anywhere I mentioned he should relocate? He said he is a primary school teacher and the house is in a bad state. So i suggested that he should renovate the house, and be renting it out, with that he can have a good life in Nigeria, or be saving the rent and relocate in 5yrs time. The mother was buried only 5yrs ago. Too short a time to dig the poor woman out. She got that house as her resting place, yet the son is unable to maintain it.
yassinattah:

Iz like you were not informed.
How much rent do you think the house ll be worth after renovating with you said proposed loan,even in some part of Lekki that the yearly rent is 2.5 or Maitama and Asokoro in Abuja that the rent is roughly same amount, it isn't enough for you to study masters in UK.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by President2001(m): 8:57am On Apr 27, 2022
I can see that you already decide what you want to do before bringing it here, why selling your heritage for Master, when you through with your master do you think your children will not talk about the steps you take and why can't you remove your mind and assume there's no property anywhere, God forbid if your plans is not work out what will you do
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by redcliff: 8:58am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

UK is not the place you think you might be getting a job after graduation. You will have over 100k other students to compete with and they will be willing to chase your arse out after you are done. It is not worth it, infact you will regret your decision. lol.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by redcliff: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
Uk immigration policy now is very tough.. Agents will decive you...

Lol. He is setting himself up..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

Don't sell it, rent it out and use the money to start a small biz.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by olas24u(f): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2022
Don't try it, you better do your masters in Nigeria. You will regret it,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Pootle: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Its a difficult decision to make.... If you sell the house and fund your UK educational pursuit it is for the betterment of your future and on the other hand you will loose where your mum is buried and she wont be remembered.
I will suggest you sell the house but first before you do. Do a ceremonial exhuming, In my tribe we do it. Just pack some sand from the grave and take it to a new site for burial. either to her village or a burial ground.

5yrs bones go still dey der undecided
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by kamossreal(m): 9:00am On Apr 27, 2022
Don’t sell the house, your mother spirit won’t forgive you. And don’t put a curse on yourself by selling it. Going for the master is not guaranteed, you would get a good job
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by maestroferddi: 9:01am On Apr 27, 2022
You want to create a problem which will afflict your unborn generation

I suppose you are Igbo. Dont play with strong tradition...It usually backfires.

Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar and God what belongs to God...

Which kain UK masters would you take such a dangerous risk?

Do you know how many holders of the overrated UK masters are roaming Nigerian streets with no jobs?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by MemoriesAndMe: 9:01am On Apr 27, 2022
You can relocate her grave to a cemetery so she has another resting place. People move corpses all the time all over the world, its only in Nigeria people think its taboo.

After moving her body and saying prayers to her in her new home, then you can sell the house and proceed with your plans on your future.

I wouldn't advise you to sell the house with your mom still buried on it. You have no idea what the new owner wants to do with it. If they turn it to a factory for example, and place their generator on your moms grave, do you want to mom to be listening to the sound of generators and factory machines every day from her grave? She wont be happy with you if you do that, so move her first.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by mywells: 9:02am On Apr 27, 2022
timi36220:
First nobody will buy a house with a grave in it.
Says who?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:03am On Apr 27, 2022
Someone who's dead is dead. Sell it if that's the only option available to you.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by olas24u(f): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Sell it bro.

Would you to think she'll be happy that you're being sentiment when infact she left it to you so that in trying times like this you can fall back on it?

What you can do is to exhume her remains and rebury it some where else like a general cemetery or something.

Time is ticking for you to change the narrative for your unborn children.
Lol! Its not green on the other side.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by alizma: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You already made up your mind even before the admission came in, else how did you intend to raise money for it when you were applying for it?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by akanbiaa(m): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You should have first seeked advice before embarking on the masters project, since you know it is not scholarship but you will be the one to fund it and with the reality on how unreliable masters and PhD certificates are unreliable in getting good jobs in Nigeria of today and the huge army of over qualified certificate carries that are jobless yet without markatable skills to earn a living. A house with family buried in it is called family house the best value you can get without dishonoring anyone is to rent it(if you are now actually the full owner of the property) but not sell it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by kuruf: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Map out her grave and sell the rest of the house or compound. Nigeria is a shit hole

Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by adisabarber(m): 9:07am On Apr 27, 2022
If the house will fetch money to travel out then I'm sure if developed the rent can sustain you

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by alizma: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2022
timi36220:
First nobody will buy a house with a grave in it.
You are typing from which village?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 9:09am On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it

You don't even have a shred of sense in you

You are so myopic and dim wighted to write such trash

Well I don't blame you,exercise your constitutional right of freedom of opinion because that's only thing that can be harnessed here
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by bigtt76(f): 9:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Your wealth is in that land, don't lose it.

Begin the application process to a University in the UK and be hopeful for a scholarship. Let hope not die

Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 8stargeneral: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Them don start with cock and bull stories this morning.....

Don't sell the house....
Continue hustling in Nigeria...

If you sell the house, the money will finish one day...
There won't be anybody to support you...

Na when life go tire you well well...

We go cum dey hear
Nigerian student jumps from 250 storey building lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Stay for naija and hustle
God forbid,he won't jump..God will pave way for him..he will succeed
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Cubby22: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Bro, I did my Masters in UK, it will take more than selling your mother's house to survive, abeg focus for 9ja or go to countries that their standard of living is small

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by akanbiaa(m): 9:12am On Apr 27, 2022
kuruf:
Map out her grave and sell the rest of the house or compound. Nigeria is a shit hole

Many of such graves are usually situated right in front of the house not far from parlour door or directly close to master bedroom window. So mapping out such might be impossible from all indications.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by gabbytabby: 9:12am On Apr 27, 2022
If it’s a full plot sell like half and keep half your mother would want you to have a guaranty of a roof over your head. Re bury her somewhere else.

There is no guarantees with a UK education but be determined and make her proud.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by bowei(m): 9:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Yes oo exhume her corspe to a burial ground, renovated and rebuild your inheritance and see how it appreciates, u.k no be guarantee for good life you might be moved to Rwanda before you know it
LilMissFavvy:
Did you see anywhere I mentioned he should relocate? He said he is a primary school teacher and the house is in a bad state. So i suggested that he should renovate the house, and be renting it out, with that he can have a good life in Nigeria, or be saving the rent and relocate in 5yrs time. The mother was buried only 5yrs ago. Too short a time to dig the poor woman out. She got that house as her resting place, yet the son is unable to maintain it.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by huttonbanti(m): 9:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked

E be like say as you wake up... Na weed you first smoke....
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:14am On Apr 27, 2022
He doesn't even need to exhume her corpse. Her corpse is occupying a small space in the house.
bowei:
Yes oo exhume her corspe to a burial ground, renovated and rebuild your inheritance and see how it appreciates, u.k no be guarantee for good life you might be moved to Rwanda before you know it
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by AVISENNA: 9:14am On Apr 27, 2022
The memory of your mum is in your heart not the grave.If you are sure that when you sell the house ,you will get the admission,by all means go ahead.Onceyou are done with the masters ,go for your PhD ,if you can.Just tell yourself no turning back.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 9:15am On Apr 27, 2022
Laren24:

Is this really necessary madman? If you don't have an humble opinion for the man, don't insult him and his mother, you bastard. If your mom train you won't tall to someone you don't know that way. Mad man
You be real werey, selling your mothers grave is the best option to prosper in life...many of you will run mad because of your stupid indiscretion. You don't know the implication because you just as stupid as him.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 9:15am On Apr 27, 2022
LilMissFavvy:

I sold my mother's house for 55m and used that money to build a 2storey building with 6flats in Abuja,now am a landlord collecting rent in those houses,my mother would be proud that her son is a forward thinking person,if am to follow this your narrative or analogy,I shouldn't have sold it but to continue living in Abject poverty with my family.

It's like you're moving mad since you feel the spirit of his ancestors ll lay cause upon him and hunt him down with this your narrative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.