Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women (39634 Views)

Dear Nigerian Women 2 / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:

Why are you being defiant Acid when you know the truth. You just don't want to admit that you are wrong this time.

A-list actors were not poor but they were not wealthy, especially as a man that had up to 6 children. You can't possibly compare the musical artists to them. Musicians made more money, then and now.

Good. wink

See all this back and forth is not necessary. Google is there for everyone to ask questions. What is the poverty line in the 90s? This and many more can help show us what poverty used to be.

You can't possibly send 6 children to UNN back in the days and give me the poverty BS. I never said he was filthy rich or wealthy. You guys have tried everything possible to twist my words. No be today.

And btw, Nairaland is not a cult society. Everyone must not share the same view.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by LordKO(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Given that women - at least the majority, of which most of you here are among - are giving in to hypergamy, which means that altruism/love has never been their forte, it's therefore oxymoronic to assert or assume that women have always aided struggling love or advise them to stop doing so. This by extension makes your advice in this regard an irony and balderdash in general. They earlier you lots stop being hypocritically disingenuous, the better. I doff my heart to the very minute few of you here who aren't.

That said, provided that Yul's first wife had not been like you lots who're proponents, propagators and/or practitioners of self-absorption and opportunism in general, shame on him for betraying her selflessness and conscientiousness in general - if otherwise, however, she deserved her fate and shame on her.

A true good woman deserves all the respect, care, loyalty and love in general that a man in her life can offer. No sane man should be caught hurting a woman unjustly.

13 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2022

14 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by LordKO(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Toplap:
[s][/s]

More nonsense and ingredients. Where did you learn English from? Your English is horrible rubbish.

My attention isn't for small-minded elements. Now, scram and direct your further mention to your small-minded elements like you.

Bumpkin!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
[s]
LordKO:

My attention isn't for small-minded elements. Now, scram and direct your further mention to your small-minded elements like you.

Bumpkin!
[/s]

Nonsense and ingredients. Your attention is not for me but you still quoted me. Stupid element like you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by NorthSerious: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hypergamous gender crying over polygamy hahahaha. You all want rich men, how exactly are you going to achieve that without sharing. Hahahaha.

7 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Farfalla(f): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

You made me smile, I think at the back of my mind and in the depths of my soul, I know I will most likely not end up with a Nigerian man because of the way my mind and mindset works.

Way to go! cheesy
I know of;
- An Igbo woman/Xhosa (SA) husband union.
- Nigerian wife/white SA dude (came across this on a wedding blog).
- Nigerian wife/Zim husband union (a tall Yoruba lady whose name I can't seem to recall, but she used to host some show on DStv).
- Nigerian wife/Kenyan man.
I could go on and on. And don't get me started on the Nigerian wives/Ghana husbands or the Nigerian wives/oyinbo husbands.

Klass99:

Interestingly I met a guy from Uganda on Twitter (Joshua) who I became friends with offline, on Twitter I use a very fictious name and photo for privacy purposes but everything else I do/say is the genuine and authentic me. I only reveal my real identity when I feel comfortable with a person. For a long time Joshua thought I was Jane Doe after we exchanged numbers and started chatting on Whatsapp, about our countries, what we do, dreams etc. By the time I revealed my true identity and shared a photo of myself, he had a good laugh, didn't make a fuss and said he totally understands why I did what I did.

Without considering their clown of a president, I have nothing but glowing reports about most UG men. grin
Allow me to go into 'stereotype mode'. grin
Many of them are honest (no dubious businesses like peddling cocaine, doing wash wash and stuff like that), family-oriented, very humorous, and they can be very traditional. They also expect wives to be respectful. They don't compromise on that. You give him wahala, you're gone. grin

Klass99:

This same thing played out with a Nigerian man, the guy couldn't stop making noise about how that is all shades of wrong, only people with something to hide will conceal information like that, it's not right, yada yada yada. He became increasingly critical, judgmental and annoying to a point that I blocked him and cut off all contact and communication with him. I don't have anything to hide, if you can't understand the need to shield/protect myself online, then F off already.

Social media has never really been my thing, I find it very intrusive and invasive and I value my privacy more than any social networking benefits it has to offer. I also hate the fact that with a few strokes of the keyboard, someone discovers stuff about me that is none of their business. I have had colleagues who googled me in the past, only to return with a thousand and one questions like, where have you worked before, what did you study, where did you go to school etcetera. They are always trying to size me up to do a comparative analysis of their lives and mine grin.

I used to think I was the only one not obsessed with social media. Everyone made me believe that not being on social media was some sort of handicap! They couldn't let me be! Ah! I am not on any social media platforms either. Not on Facebook, not on Twitter, not on Instagram. I'm not even on LinkedIn. Not even with a pseudo account/name. Maybe we should register a membership organisation for people not on social media. I'll be the Chairperson. You can be the Treasurer. I can vouch for your integrity. cheesy

Just like in your case, there were people who felt that I was deliberately concealing something about myself. They were right - I am a double agent of Mossad and the CIA. I can't afford to blow my cover. grin

Klass99:

To bring it home, the mindsets displayed by majority of male users after Yul Edochie's news broke, reveals a lot about them and I don't believe that BS about an online persona being differnet from their offline one. It's capital BS, when people show you who they are, you best believe them.

I may not understand what these Nigerian men have gone through in the hands of women that have made them to be so hateful, but I do know that they give me the shivers. When I saw one gloating about the death of that female corper who'd been missing I knew that most of these boys have completely lost their souls. They've gone to that dark place and there's no coming back.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
Toplap:
[s][/s]

More nonsense and ingredients. Where did you learn English from? Your English is horrible rubbish.
Today, I was chatting with one of my colleagues and somehow get pissed off over something and said nonsense and ingredient cheesy
She was so amused by the combination and asked me how I got that. Told her nairaland.
Typed nonsense and ingredients and it was everywhere cheesy

Who invented that.
Will love to know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Good. wink

See all this back and forth is not necessary. Google is there for everyone to ask questions. What is the poverty line in the 90s? This and many more can help show us what poverty used to be.

You can't possibly send 6 children to UNN back in the days and give me the poverty BS. I never said he was filthy rich or wealthy. You guys have tried everything possible to twist my words. No be today.

And btw, Nairaland is not a cult society. Everyone must not share the same view.

Sending your kids to a federal university back then wasn't so big a deal for an average family. I paid less than 20k school fees and 10k for accommodation in UI and all my siblings went to federal universities, yet we were not wealthy. And this was even after Yul's era.

So saying Yul was rich when he impregnated his wife would just be stretching the truth especially when he himself has said he wasn't.

No one is twisting your words. You are just adamant about Yul being rich when all indications shows that you are wrong. Even if Pete comes himself to tell you he wasn't rich at all, you'd still argue with him.

NB
I hope this is not how you will wriggle round and round to avoid owning up to your faults and apologize to your wife when you are wrong grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:

Sending your kids to a federal university back then wasn't so big a deal for an average family. I paid less than 20k school fees and 10 accommodation in UI and all my siblings went to federal universities, yet we were not wealthy. And this was even after Yul's era.

So saying Yul was rich when he impregnated his wife would just be stretching the truth especially when he himself has said he wasn't.

No one is twisting your words. You are just adamant about Yul being rich when all indications shows that you are wrong. Even if Pete comes himself to tell you he wasn't rich at all, you'd still argue with him.

I think certain people deliberately wanted me to use the "wealthy" narrative but from all pointers, I never mentioned that Pete Edochie was rich or anything close to being wealthy. The strongest words I've used here: "May did not marry into a poor family".

Those who have issues with that statement ultimately have an agenda, which is to make May's case more pitiable or make it seem like she pitied Yul Edochie when we all know that everyone marries for their selfish interests.

I hope this is not how you will wriggle round and round to avoid owning up to your faults and apologize to your wife when you are wrong grin

LOL. My wife trusts my judgement. Apologies are for more worthy reasons not facts that we both validate online and offline, e.g. the definition of poverty. grin

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

I think certain people deliberately wanted me to use the "wealthy" narrative but from all pointers, I never mentioned that Pete Edochie was rich or anything close to being wealthy. The strongest words I've used here: "May did not marry into a poor family".

Those who have issues with that statement ultimately have an agenda, which is to make May's case more pitiable or make it seem like she pitied Yul Edochie when we all know that everyone marries for their selfish interests.

LOL. My wife trusts my judgement. Apologies are for more worthy reasons not facts that we both validate online and offline, e.g. the definition of poverty. grin

Did May marry into a rich family?

Was Yul right when he said he didn't have anything when she married him?

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Farfalla(f): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:

Especially if the “happy” woman happens to be one of those so called abroad women where they are regarded as somewhat human too. Where they won’t be told to fast, pray and endure. The happiness they express when it seems something bad happens to one of them made me see their real colors. If you’re not suffering you’re not a good woman

Basically anyone they can't have, they'll spite.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Klass99(f): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:

Did May marry into a rich family?

Was Yul right when he said he didn't have anything when she married him?

1. No

2. No. He had a support system. You can't be married when you have nothing. It is impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

1. No

2. No. He had a support system. You can't be married when you have nothing. It is impossible.

Thank you. You have finally answered sincerely.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Anti men bitches pouring bile all over the place
Y'all should go get a life or atleast fix your fuckin lives.... your mate was being talked about on a thread fuckin a dog for 1.5m and y'all are still here saying bullshit about respect?? No one will fuckin give you guys any respect cos your gender especially those from this generation has lost all respect.... Continue wallowing in your bitterness and hate later y'all would log out and go cry your eyes out cos of lack of men while seeking comfort in dildos....crazy and mentally confused bitch3s.... If I were God I would've driven most of your asses to hell

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
[s]
Onariii:
Anti men bitches pouring bile all over the place
Y'all should go get a life or atleast fix your fuckin lives.... your mate was being talked about on a thread fuckin a dog for 1.5m and y'all are still here saying bullshit about respect?? No one will fuckin give you guys any respect cos your gender especially those from this generation has lost all respect.... Continue wallowing in your bitterness and hate later y'all would log out and go cry your eyes out cos of lack of men while seeking comfort in dildos....crazy and mentally confused bitch3s.... If I were God I would've driven most of your asses to hell
[/s]

Nonsense and ingredients. Who let this dog out? Your mother, sister and all the women in your lineage are crazy, mentally confused and bitter bitches too.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Farfalla(f): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

The first time I asked him what he knows about Nigeria, fraud and 419 was his response grin. Naija don cast.

Too bad! angry

Even the legit ones tend not to be trusted. cry

Klass99:

I got on Twitter and Instagram for career reasons/work opportunities, because certain handles were recommended to me, which has paid off positively. On Instagram, I follow only 3 people, they are all women who are experts in their respective fields (namely, jobs/career, health & fitness, finance) and they are valuable resources, I am glad I found them, because their content is full and rich.

Driven by purpose, as it ought to be. wink

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ststyreal(f): 11:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
koyyess:

Only born leaches, prostitutes and male apologists will ignore this. And they will pay dearly for it.

Women with brain are learning seriously from this.
I am telling you.. no woman should suffer anything with any man again. Let them provide for the family 100% since they have enough money to cheat. Women arise and be independent, some men are heartless....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ststyreal(f): 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

He has given us (women) a lot of food for thought. Me, I just can't get over the fact that he wasn't in love with May but had 4 kids with her. Why not stop after a boy and a girl?

The lack of a male child is not even the issue. If all his kids with May were female, I may reason that the quest for a male child drove his actions.

I know a woman who married as a virgin, at some point in her marriage she was treating herself for gonorrhea and she never cheated in that marriage. Her hubby cheated and infected her with it.

It's like our feelings and well being truly do not matter to Naija men once they marry you. Marriage to a Nigerian man is becoming less and less attractive, with the kind of stories you hear online and offline.

That is not to say men of other nationalities are any better, but kai our men are something else, extremely selfish and insensitive.
Very wicked men, heartless and full of never grow pass me syndrome. Na Dem jealous pass yet they cheat pass any other living things. Some nigerian men are evil and I know God will punish them in one way or the other.... Make Dem no worry, he go clear for their eyes.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by IMEI: 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mstick:
We all woke up to the news that Yul Edochie married a second wife and I've seen numerous takes especially from Nigerian men about how it's within his rights to do so. Of course polygamy is not and has never been a crime in Africa but is that really what polygamy is? Does the first wife at least get a heads up in such a situation?

May Edochie said she found out on Monday that her husband got married on Sunday, that is pure and sheer wickedness. A woman spends 17 years of her life with you, gives you four children and I am sure she has contributed financially, morally and in other ways to build the home and Yul Edochie didn't even have the decency to tell this same woman about his plans.

Men always talk about how the women of this days aren't loyal like their mothers LOL! Things like this and more that women see everyday and you still expect loyalty?!

My advice to every married woman, engaged woman and women in general. You see that man you're doing struggle love with, have a backup plan my dear, I repeat don't TRUST THE LOYALTY OF A BROKE MAN. Get a job, save money, don't have children that you cannot comfortably take care of alone, surround yourself with your family, don't fight your family EVER because when shît hits the fan they're the ones that will protect and fight for you.

African women, Black women, Nigerian women please and please stop aiding struggle love, go out there and work for your own money, it's better you struggle alone, than carrying a baby on your back while wondering what you would cook when you get home.

Work for your own money, stop shrinking yourselves, if a man says he wouldn't marry you because you've a car or a house it's not a lose but a gain.

Don't destroy good relationships built on mutual trust

Yul's case is isolated and not the norm

Any woman who destroys a good thing she has because of Yul's example, will have no one to blame but herself

Since when did Yul Edochie represent the archetypal Nigerian man?

By now, you should be smart enough to not be swayed by internet comments
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by AntiMCU: 12:25am On Apr 29, 2022
NorthSerious:
Hypergamous gender crying over polygamy hahahaha. You all want rich men, how exactly are you going to achieve that without sharing. Hahahaha.

Leave them, one by one they'll all learn.

Or maybe they even know the truth but choose to be naive.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 1:55am On Apr 29, 2022
Acidosis:

1. No

A support system is not his own. Did he have anything of own as the husband? No..

6 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Apr 29, 2022
LordKO:

Bumpkin!
No, seriously, your comment there was bullsheet at best! undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by efficiencie(m): 4:51am On Apr 29, 2022
Mstick:
We all woke up to the news that Yul Edochie married a second wife and I've seen numerous takes especially from Nigerian men about how it's within his rights to do so. Of course polygamy is not and has never been a crime in Africa but is that really what polygamy is? Does the first wife at least get a heads up in such a situation?

May Edochie said she found out on Monday that her husband got married on Sunday, that is pure and sheer wickedness. A woman spends 17 years of her life with you, gives you four children and I am sure she has contributed financially, morally and in other ways to build the home and Yul Edochie didn't even have the decency to tell this same woman about his plans.

Men always talk about how the women of this days aren't loyal like their mothers LOL! Things like this and more that women see everyday and you still expect loyalty?!

My advice to every married woman, engaged woman and women in general. You see that man you're doing struggle love with, have a backup plan my dear, I repeat don't TRUST THE LOYALTY OF A BROKE MAN. Get a job, save money, don't have children that you cannot comfortably take care of alone, surround yourself with your family, don't fight your family EVER because when shît hits the fan they're the ones that will protect and fight for you.

African women, Black women, Nigerian women please and please stop aiding struggle love, go out there and work for your own money, it's better you struggle alone, than carrying a baby on your back while wondering what you would cook when you get home.

Work for your own money, stop shrinking yourselves, if a man says he wouldn't marry you because you've a car or a house it's not a lose but a gain.

When the population is made up of 80% idiots the rules, the customs, the solutions, the problems, the vices, the crimes, acceptable behavior and advice will be determined mostly by idiots. Madam if you are not an idiot and you manage to marry a man that is not an idiot you won't be needing the advice in this post but if you are an idiot or you by mistake marry an idiot then digest this post thoroughly because it was put forward specifically for you by someone who probably has experience being like you!
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by LordKO(m): 5:56am On Apr 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No, seriously, your comment there was bullsheet at best! undecided

Of course, it's expected to be "bullsheet" to you and your fellow small-minded elements. Scram and direct your further mention to small-minded elements like you before I change my mind and descend heavily on you.

9 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by GloriousGbola: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
Klass99:

The first time I asked him what he knows about Nigeria, fraud and 419 was his response grin. Naija don cast

Years ago a friend of a friend was studying law in SA or US. (not sure). One morning he resumes to class and EVERYONE has received a spam yahoo email.

One of the lower quality ones. Everyone is asking did you get the mail from Nigeria, laughing about it.

Dude just wanted to sink into the floor

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by SeaTrade(m): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2022
Women rise and be independent this,strong women that...Na only for Internet I dey see am.
But if N200k problem come now,all the males for their contact list go know about am,running from pillar to post with shaved pubes looking for who to lobby into solving the problem in exchange for her warmth.
Think say to make sustainable money na like mixing bleaching cream.
Posterity ....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2022
dominique:

Thank God eyes don dey open, you people will continue to wail about how today's women no longer want to suffer like your mothers. In fact you never start to dey wail

My point: There was never a time in history that women wanted to suffer with anybody. Not even our mothers.

Our mothers who got married in the 80s married men who had jobs at that time too, however there was no need to marry someone who was Rich because a decent job was enough to provide for the family. Our parents worked in Civil service jobs that lasted more than a decade without changing jobs because there was no need to. The money was simply enough.

The inflation rate from the 70s to 80s was almost non-existent or very small, so It wasn't because they wanted to suffer with their men.

Now, even if your wife did not suffer with you, adultery is still adultery and it was clearly stated in the Civil marriage inspired from the British Law.

This point about women using Gold digging tactics saying they won't suffer with any man is rather pointless, because whether you suffered or not, It doesn't change the fact that adultery is still adultery. You will still be heart broken, so please leave all this talk of "She suffered with him".

It is not about suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2022

11 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nezzjnr: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2022
pocohantas:

What exactly are you talking about? Is Pete Edochie rich?? No be yesterday Kanayo build house? [b] Tony Umez is still living in a rented property till date.[/b]Didn’t some other old actors die of sicknesses?

There was no money in acting (and entertainment) of the old! They were at best comfortable like an average family.

Fame isn’t equal to wealth!

Now you guys are twisting in all angles to refute the grass to grace story. Do you know his father more than him? Same Yul that celebrated Pete on father’s day saying he didn’t have more than 5 pair of trousers while they were growing up. Abeg rest!!

Are you for real??

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by SeaTrade(m): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2022
Toplap:
[s][/s]

STFU. Too much nonsense and ingredients men on this thread like you. The thread is for Nigerian women but your aproko and chuchuchu will not allow you shut up. Have you married that your pharmacist or doctor girlfriend that is making more money than you and you were scared of because her earning power passed yours? This loud mouthed and basket mouth simp that cannot resist shalaye on nairaland
I no marry am because her taste and wants pass wetin her income can cater for,so definitely the cost of that taste and desire will be heaped on me if I make the mistake of marrying her,and I am not that person that'll sacrifice my wants for another's.
There's no way a Nigerian doctor or pharmacist practicing here that isn't some kind of badass specialist or own a practice income will supercede mine,no fucking way!
Now you STFU.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Chizaram Okoh: This Child Is Missing In Enugu (Photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.