Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women (39654 Views)

Dear Nigerian Women 2 / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
descarado:

Check his posts again and see what he is doing.
Hate two faced people like this with passion.

If you need my attention, quote me directly to talk your rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Farfalla(f): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

It's like our feelings and well being truly do not matter to Naija men once they marry you. Marriage to a Nigerian man is becoming less and less attractive, with the kind of stories you hear online and offline.

That is not to say men of other nationalities are any better, but kai....

Happy to bump into you in these streets Klass! grin

@ bolded, I really wish you ladies would consider dating and marrying men of other nationalities. They're not as boring or bland or weird as portrayed here. In fact, they can offer you an experience of a lifetime. Be on the lookout for them- Team Foreign Men. cheesy

Klass99:

kai our men are something else, extremely selfish and insensitive.

A good number really are, it's scary. What's more, they seem to think women should live a life of pain and heartaches. A happy woman is their worst nightmare.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by GloriousGbola: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
Farfalla:

Happy to bump into you in these streets Klass! grin

@ bolded, I really wish you ladies would consider dating and marrying men of other nationalities. They're not as boring or blant or weird as portrayed here. In fact, they can offer you an experience of a lifetime. Be on the lookout for them- Team Foreign Men. cheesy

A good number really are, it's scary. What's more, they seem to think women should live a life of pain and heartaches. A happy woman is their worst nightmare.

just say your fav kind of man is scary russian dictator unprotected on a bear cheesy
when you called putin alpha male
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
descarado:

I brought his state not even tribe cos I know first hand how stuffs like this is handled in that state.
Did you see me speak about igbo here?
So what's your problem?
Since you know a lot, do a research on the name I provided from the same state and you are yarning dust.

Are you yoruba?
Why all the yoruba names or do we have only igno and yoruba in Nigeria?
Please park well.

Seems you're high on crack. You quoted me to write unrelated history about what Anambra men condone? How's that my business?

Have you seen me justify what Yul did to his first wife? Is this thread about the correctness of his action? I'll advise you to go back to the post you quoted to get the proper context.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

If you need my attention, quote me directly to talk your rubbish.
But I have been quoting you.
Have I not?

6 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
DaniDani:

You really surprised me with this comment; It's below my expectation of you. Let's go by your assertion; #200,000 during nollywood breakthrough period of 2001-2009 is a huge amount of money, and that was per movie if it was the case. Anyone earning that amount in that period is averagely rich and can afford the good things of life. If Pete Edochie is earning within that range, he is rich, and added with adverts of which he was a hot cake and with good investment decisions, he's surely rich. #200,000 then can get you a good plot of land in Lagos that goes above #80m currently. #200,000 then can finance many projects then that #10m can't finance currently. I have tried to avoid dabbling into argument about his choice of second wife, because we don't know what transpired behind closed doors.

I'm surprised too. I never knew there was a time an A-list actor was poor.

Even Faze and TuFace of Plantation Boiz era weren't poor at that time.

10 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Biglittlelois(f): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Guy rest,

Someone that grew up with them said they were not bouyant, still you are gallivanting everywhere trying to prove a baseless point, was it not some years back actors revealed to us that they were paid as low as 100k? So imagine how much they earned back in the day and during Pete's time

You're wrong means you are wrong, rest.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Farfalla(f): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Saintmary:

In this marriage game, there is no winning for the average Nigerian woman as far as men are concerned.

No matter how we spin the story, women are on their own.

Only the smart ones will survive. Only the smart.

And when those smart ones do their thing they're tagged 'selfish', 'wicked', 'evil', 'entitled', 'manipulative', etc.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Biglittlelois:

[s]Guy rest,

Someone that grew up with them said they were not bouyant, still you are gallivanting everywhere trying to prove a baseless point, was it not some years back actors revealed to us that they were paid as low as 100k? So imagine how much they earned back in the day and during Pete's time

You're wrong means you are wrong, rest[/s]

Okay. Pete Edochie was a poor man in the '80s. Are you happy now?

7 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Farfalla(f): 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

just say your fav kind of man is scary russian dictator unprotected on a bear cheesy
when you called putin alpha male

grin grin

He's the closest example I have of a famous man who cannot be easily manipulated. Not that I advocate for his madness.

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

He has given us (women) a lot of food for thought. Me, I just can't get over the fact that he wasn't in love with May but had 4 kids with her. Why not stop after a boy and a girl?

The lack of a male child is not even the issue. If all his kids with May were female, I may reason that the quest for a male child drove his actions.

I know a woman who married as a virgin, at some point in her marriage she was treating herself for gonorrhea and she never cheated in that marriage. Her hubby cheated and infected her with it.

It's like our feelings and well being truly do not matter to Naija men once they marry you. Marriage to a Nigerian man is becoming less and less attractive, with the kind of stories you hear online and offline.

That is not to say men of other nationalities are any better, but kai our men are something else, extremely selfish and insensitive.

Your comment gave me a lot to think about especially the bolded.

A woman will "keep herself" till marriage only to be dragged in potopoto by one virgin-entitled selfish man.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Biglittlelois:
Moral lesson;

Being a good submissive wife doesn't guarantee anything, men will treat you really bad just to satisfy their selfish interest, take them serious at your own peril.

A learning point should be...have your own money and be comfortable. Don't be completely dependent and at the mercy of any man.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Biglittlelois(f): 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:

A.learni g point should be...have your own money and be comfortable. Don't be completely dependent and at the mercy of any man.

100%.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by AntiMCU: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:
so he’s a liar? Because that’s his own words.

You’re something else. Bending yourself into a pretzel to avoid calling a spade a spade
Does the fact that he didn't have a stable job at the time negate the fact that he was rich?

The son of a popular Hollywood actor will always be a big catch to most women so Acidosis' arguments stands.

As far as I'm concerned, he wasn't poor at the time even though he might not be earning his own money.

The lady must have probably sized him up, made mental notes that there is no way he'd be poor in the future and took in for him.

Women are that smart and calculative.

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Why are you being defiant Acid when you know the truth. You just don't want to admit that you are wrong this time.

A-list actors were not poor but they were not wealthy, especially as a man that had up to 6 children. You can't possibly compare the musical artists to them. Musicians made more money, then and now.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Klass99(f): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
cool

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

YUL informed his wife about his decision to take another wife, the wife is just a jealous person that doesn't want to share his man with any woman. For the fact that Yul wife commented on the post " God will judge you people" doesn't mean that the husband didn't informed her of his intention to take another wife, maybe she didn't agree, and majority of women wouldn't have subscribed to it.

@bold:

You are catching cruise right?
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Chiquitq:
I don't blame Yul at all. I blame the hypocrites in our society. The so called second wife was having an affair with a married man and she has friends and relatives that were comfortable with it. I am sure there were women present when the bride price was paid. There would be friends who would continue to be her friends. None of the women in the above categories want such for themselves or their daughters. Even the thief called Mercy Aigbe made a pose that she would shoot whoever came for her husband.
It is this society that trivialises such vices. In the olden days, polygamy might have thrived but in modern society, it is betrayal and only condoned by shallow people.
[b]The nature of man is so selfish. Even Yul would not allow his daughter to be a second wife if he had a daughter.[b] He and Mercy Aigbe should be so cancelled, they would not come out of it.

cheesy grin

@bold: Gold.

He would not sit still if his daughter's husband married another wife either.

His actions are not new maybe that's why I am not having an 'epiphany' on how to deal with 'Nigerian' men/husbands.

I will always believe in giving your best and playing your part.

I have also read stories how Yul was 'forced' to marry her:
If he did not like her enough, he should have stood his ground or put in his best if he couldn't resist.

On the other hand, if the woman/girl knew she wasn't liked enough, she should have moved on (not easy, but better than living a life where you try to please a man who doesn't love/want you. At the end, your best will never be enough and he will move on to a woman doing way less than you have done).

Nobi Yul leave cha Cha wife he probably disflowered to another man's wife with two kids?

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
faithfull18:
Lol, do what works for you as long as God is pleased. This is to the women.

@bold:
This is the end of the matter.
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Rubbiish(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
Women & noise lol cheesy
Funny how 90% of women making noise here will still call their husband/boyfriend this evening to ask for one financial favour or another. Lol
As a woman, no one has ever stopped u or will ever stop u from making your own money or getting your own house. It is free world...U people come here to make noise about making your own money, but the bitter truth still remains 90% of u women can't even survive a week without the help of a man!

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
Farfalla:

Especially if the “happy” woman happens to be one of those so called abroad women where they are regarded as somewhat human too. Where they won’t be told to fast, pray and endure. The happiness they express when it seems something bad happens to one of them made me see their real colors. If you’re jot suffering you’re not a good woman

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

To bring it home, the mindsets displayed by majority of male users after Yul Edochie's news broke, reveals a lot about them and I don't believe that BS about an online persona being differnet from their offline one. It's capital BS, when people show you who they are, you best believe them.

Especially the anonymous ones. They believe no one can identify them. that means they are speaking the truth about how they truly feel

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2022

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Pinklygul: 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Rubbiish:
Women & noise lol cheesy
Funny how 90% of women making noise here will still call their husband/boyfriend this evening to ask for one financial favour or another. Lol
As [b]a woman, no ever stop u from making your own money or one has ever stopped u or will getting your own house. [/b]It is free world...U people come here to make noise about making your own money, but the bitter truth still remains 90% of u women can't even survive a week without the help of a man!

Say what you are sure of please
You don't live in all marriages

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
The OP has given great words of advice. It's like Nigerian men' take good women for granted. This woman is a replica of a beautiful good woman. She stood by him through thick&thin, birth him 4children, yet Yul felt she wasn't good enough to continue as his only wife. I do not believe that a man who genuinely loves and respects his wife, would marry a second wife. It's not possible. When once a man marries another wife, then it is either his love for his wife or his respect for his wife has vanished. Osinachi the gospel singer was also maltreated for being a good wife.

I sincerely wish that Yul will no longer find peace' for hurting the wife of his youth. He is simply heartless'.
Mstick:
We all woke up to the news that Yul Edochie married a second wife and I've seen numerous takes especially from Nigerian men about how it's within his rights to do so. Of course polygamy is not and has never been a crime in Africa but is that really what polygamy is? Does the first wife at least get a heads up in such a situation?

May Edochie said she found out on Monday that her husband got married on Sunday, that is pure and sheer wickedness. A woman spends 17 years of her life with you, gives you four children and I am sure she has contributed financially, morally and in other ways to build the home and Yul Edochie didn't even have the decency to tell this same woman about his plans.

Men always talk about how the women of this days aren't loyal like their mothers LOL! Things like this and more that women see everyday and you still expect loyalty?!

My advice to every married woman, engaged woman and women in general. You see that man you're doing struggle love with, have a backup plan my dear, I repeat don't TRUST THE LOYALTY OF A BROKE MAN. Get a job, save money, don't have children that you cannot comfortably take care of alone, surround yourself with your family, don't fight your family EVER because when shît hits the fan they're the ones that will protect and fight for you.

African women, Black women, Nigerian women please and please stop aiding struggle love, go out there and work for your own money, it's better you struggle alone, than carrying a baby on your back while wondering what you would cook when you get home.

Work for your own money, stop shrinking yourselves, if a man says he wouldn't marry you because you've a car or a house it's not a lose but a gain.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Mariangeles(f): 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
[s]
Rubbiish:
Women & noise lol cheesy
As a woman, no one has ever stopped u or will ever stop u from making your own money or getting your own house. It is free world...U people come here to make noise about making your own money, but the bitter truth still remains 90% of u women can't even survive a week without the help of a man!
[/s]

RRRuuubbbiiissshhh!!! Just like your monicker! grin grin grin

Nnaa ehn, I ma ihe I ga e mere m ugbu a?
Change your circle biko!
Ayiyo ka'm na a yo!
cry cry

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Mariangeles(f): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

You are catching cruise right?

O ya mi l'enu gan.

Boya okunrin ni? A o le so o. cheesy
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Saintmary(f): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Farfalla:

And when those smart ones do their thing they're tagged 'selfish', 'wicked', 'evil', 'entitled', 'manipulative', etc.

I no send anybody, if they like, let them list names as long as Third Mainland Bridge.

I will do whatever is best for me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Klass99(f): 7:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

RRRuuubbbiiissshhh!!! Just like your monicker! grin grin grin

Nnaa ehn, I ma ihe I ga e mere m ugbu a?
Change your circle biko!
Ayiyo ka'm na a yo!
cry cry
..... Hahahaha. Ike gwuru gi ya mere iji n'ayo ya ayiyo? L
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by GloriousGbola: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

To bring it home, the mindsets displayed by majority of male users after Yul Edochie's news broke, reveals a lot about them and I don't believe that BS about an online persona being differnet from their offline one. It's capital BS, when people show you who they are, you best believe them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ishilove - does my online persona match my offline persona. Outside of my magnificent weapon of mass destruction

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Mariangeles(f): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Hahahaha. Ike gwuru gi ya mere iji n'ayo ya ayiyo? L

O nwekwaranu ihe ozo m puru I me? Ike gwuru o! Hehehehehehehe cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.