Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women (39473 Views)

Dear Nigerian Women 2 / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Mstick: 8:13am On Apr 28, 2022
We all woke up to the news that Yul Edochie married a second wife and I've seen numerous takes especially from Nigerian men about how it's within his rights to do so. Of course polygamy is not and has never been a crime in Africa but is that really what polygamy is? Does the first wife at least get a heads up in such a situation?

May Edochie said she found out on Monday that her husband got married on Sunday, that is pure and sheer wickedness. A woman spends 17 years of her life with you, gives you four children and I am sure she has contributed financially, morally and in other ways to build the home and Yul Edochie didn't even have the decency to tell this same woman about his plans.

Men always talk about how the women of this days aren't loyal like their mothers LOL! Things like this and more that women see everyday and you still expect loyalty?!

My advice to every married woman, engaged woman and women in general. You see that man you're doing struggle love with, have a backup plan my dear, I repeat don't TRUST THE LOYALTY OF A BROKE MAN. Get a job, save money, don't have children that you cannot comfortably take care of alone, surround yourself with your family, don't fight your family EVER because when shît hits the fan they're the ones that will protect and fight for you.

African women, Black women, Nigerian women please and please stop aiding struggle love, go out there and work for your own money, it's better you struggle alone, than carrying a baby on your back while wondering what you would cook when you get home.

Work for your own money, stop shrinking yourselves, if a man says he wouldn't marry you because you've a car or a house it's not a lose but a gain.

157 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2022
From the majority of their comments, we can deduce that the general consensus is that they can treat you however they want and that’s okay.

Do with that information whatever you wish.
But peel your eyes and see how many of them believe it. And let that guide your actions/inactions.

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by GloriousGbola: 8:36am On Apr 28, 2022
Mstick:
We all woke up to the news that Yul Edochie married a second wife and I've seen numerous takes especially from Nigerian men about how it's within his rights to do so. Of course polygamy is not and has never been a crime in Africa but is that really what polygamy is? Does the first wife at least get a heads up in such a situation?

May Edochie said she found out on Monday that her husband got married on Sunday, that is pure and sheer wickedness. A woman spends 17 years of her life with you, gives you four children and I am sure she has contributed financially, morally and in other ways to build the home and Yul Edochie didn't even have the decency to tell this same woman about his plans.

this one na standard format

ask around. 90% of the time, someone calls the woman and tells her to check facebook.

for all the alpha male chest beating - your average nigerian man is a coward in things like this.

even in school, guys who wanted to dump their chicks could not find liver to say i no dey do again - it is ehnn well my mum doesnt like you cheesy

cococandy:
From the majority of their comments, we can deduce that the general consensus is that they can treat you however they want and that’s okay.

Do with that information whatever you wish.
But peel your eyes and see how many of them believe it. And let that guide your actions/inactions.

somehow, none of these guys saying its alright are talking about the man dumped by the new wife.
abi they are suddenly happy with cuckery?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Kriss216: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2022
97.432% of men married to Nigerian girls are suffering. Forget the social media fake smile. They're all living in self denial.

No sane man will abandon a good woman or treat her bad.

Dear men, don't let your wife stop you from finding the love of your life.

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 8:39am On Apr 28, 2022
Funny how people still believe some "grass-2-grace" celebrity stories online.

If Yul, a son to a famous Nigerian actor, could be broke during his undergraduate years, so what then should we and many other Nigerian students say?

Yul definitely wasn't where he wanted to be at the time he got married. That's not the definition of being broke.

If Yul's dream of becoming Nigeria's president gets actualized tomorrow, he will come out again with stories about how his second wife agreed to marry him when he had "nothing."

Yul was never broke and Yul's 1st wife did not marry into a broke family.

240 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by yanabasee(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2022
Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by MadamVanessa(f): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2022
shocked

YUL informed his wife about his decision to take a second wife. The wife is just a jealous person that doesn't want to share his man with any woman, and she's very right to be.

For the fact that Yul first wife commented on the post " God will judge you people" doesn't mean that the husband didn't informed her of his intention to take a second wife, she didn't just agree to it and majority of women would do the same including me.

Again, why are emotional women blaming Yul on this and said nothing about the woman that sleep with Yul even when she knew that Yul was married. Our women failed to see the evil of the second wife who rush and opened her legs for Yul to pounce just to spoil another woman's home.

You'll be very stupid and useless if you blame Yul Edochie on this and never said anything about the second wife who sleeps with someone's husband unapologetically just to bring him disunity into someone's once peaceful home.

Truly women are their own greatest enemy.

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Kriss216: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

If Yul, a son to a famous Nigerian actor, could be broke during his undergraduate years, so what then should we and many other Nigerian students say?

Yul definitely wasn't where he wanted to be at the time he got married. That's not the definition of being broke.

If Yul's dream of becoming Nigeria's president gets actualized tomorrow, he will come out again with stories about how his second wife agreed to marry him when he had nothing.

Yul was never broke.
God bless you.

The girl was with him during undergraduate days cos he's rich and a son to a Nollywood icon.

The girl was broke and wretched until she met Yul.

We've gone pass the era of evil manipulation from this wicked gender!

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by dominique(f): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

If Yul's dream of becoming Nigeria's president gets actualized tomorrow, he will come out again with stories about how his second wife agreed to marry him when he had "nothing."

Yul was never broke.

Nollywood actors were far from rich during Pete Edochie's era. He was famous alright but stupendously rich? Far from it. He may not even be earning up to 200k per movie at that point in time. Yul is one of his five or six kids, you think Pete was submitting his less than 200k paycheck in the hands of one of his youngest kids? Even if he was so rich when he married his wife, does that justify what he did to her?

You men think women's feelings are not to be considered then go ahead and expect loyalty and submission for the women you disregard so much. Thank God eyes don dey open, you people will continue to wail about how today's women no longer want to suffer like your mothers. In fact you never start to dey wail

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2022
Kriss216:

God bless you.

The girl was with him during undergraduate days cos he's rich and a son to a Nollywood icon

Well, we can't exactly say that he married him because the father was rich and famous. But the truth remains that everybody marries for selfish reasons and that's not wrong.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

ask around. 90% of the time, someone calls the woman and tells her to check facebook.

for all the alpha male chest beating - your average nigerian man is a coward in things like this.

even in school, guys who wanted to dump their chicks could not find liver to say i no dey do again - it is ehnn well my mum doesnt like you cheesy

somehow, none of these guys saying its alright are talking about the man dumped by the new wife.
seriously

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2022
dominique:

Nollywood actors were far from rich during Pete Edochie's era. He was famous alright but stupendously rich? Far from it. He may not even be earning up to 200k per movie at that point in time. Yul is one of his five or six kiddy, you think Pete was submitting his less than 200k paycheck in the hands of one of his youngest kids? Even if he was so rich when he married his wife, does that justify what he did to her?

You men think women's feelings are not to be considered then go ahead and expect loyalty and submission for the women you disregard so much. Thank God eyes don dey open, you people will continue to wail about how today's women no longer want to suffer like your mothers. In fact you never start to dey wail

Not at all. My post is not a justification for his decision to get a second wife.

It's a response to OP's post "DON'T TRUST THE LOYALTY OF A BROKE MAN." Everything is wrong with the OP by using Yul's case as a reason for women to avoid broke men.

I know it's common for women to use issues like this to propagate their independence mantra but as far as I know May was/is an independent woman. So what exactly is the point of the message?

25 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

so he’s a liar? Because that’s his own words.

You’re something else. Bending yourself into a pretzel to avoid calling a spade a spade

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

but as far as I know May was/is an independent woman. So what exactly is the point of the message?
I guess the point is that no matter what you do as a woman, a man that will treat you bad will treat you bad and you as a woman will be blamed for it. There’s no way to be a good woman. Not for Nigerian guys anyway. The olosho gold diggers are happily married and the good wives are being doormats.
It doesn’t matter if you’re independent or dependent.

But it helps to be independent because you can walk away. Imagine if she’s dependent on him for food and clothing and he’s doing all this? Na for gutter she for dey now

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:
so he’s a liar? Because that’s his own words.

You’re something else. Bending yourself into a pretzel to avoid calling a spade a spade

Not necessarily a liar but most grass-to-grace stories are not as bad as we imagine. I hope you know that Davido also has a grass-2-grace story online?

I hope you also know that if Davido and Chioma's affairs remain a thing for another 20 years, "Assurance" will turn out to be a "grass-2-grace" story for the next generation?

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Not necessarily a liar but most grass-to-grace stories are not as bad as we imagine. I hope you know that Davido also had a grass-2-grace story online?

I hope you also know that if Davido and Chioma's relationship remain a thing for another 20 years, "Assurance" will turn out to be a "grass-2-grace" story?
Apples and oranges.

He said it specifically that he had nothing sustainable when they married. And she agreed to manage. That means they were struggling. Okay?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2022
Solid advice, OP.

6 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:

I guess the point is that no matter what you do as a woman, a man that will treat you bad will treat you bad and you as a woman will be blamed for it. There’s no way to be a good woman. Not for Nigerian guys anyway. The olosho gold diggers are happily married and the good wives are being doormats.
It doesn’t matter if you’re independent or dependent.

But it helps to be independent because you can walk away. Imagine if she’s dependent on him for food and clothing and he’s doing all this? Na for gutter she for dey now

Right. I agree
Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:

Apples and oranges.

He said it specifically that he had nothing sustainable when they married. And she agreed to manage. That means they were struggling. Okay?

You don't agree there are many exaggerated grass-2-grace stories?

19 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by cococandy(f): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

You don't agree there are many exaggerated grass-2-grace stories?

There very well may be the case but they are not who we are talking about though are they? You’re trying to call him a liar in order to minimize the impact of his actions.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

.... You don't know what you are saying bro.
Yul's father Pete was a civil servant and a presenter in radio Nigeria.

When he featured in things fall apart then,he acted so well that when he retired he joined nollywood so he wasn't rich.

It took him,Pete more than 10 yrs to complete his personal house in Enugu so tell me how such a person will be tagged rich then?

Yul him self after writing his waec then in 1998 from New heaven boys secondary school got admission,graduated and while waiting to serve got his girlfriend pregnant.

It was the dad that stood for him and was taking care of him and the wife .

And it was at that time that Pete introduced him and the other of his son into acting and luck smiled on Yul.

Believe him when he says he had nothing.
This na guy weh I know too well. Grew up together in the same vicinity,move around and belong to the same group chat of our old boys though he left the forum now.
So you won't tell me about the family.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

That "my mummy doesn't like you" really got me cheesy...as if they are in kindergarten.

14 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Mindlog: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

When he featured in things fall apart then,he acted so well that when he retired he joined nollywood so he wasn't rich.

It took him,Pete more than 10 yrs to complete his personal house in Enugu so tell me how such a person will be tagged rich then?

Yul him self after writing his waec then in 1998 from New heaven boys secondary school got admission,graduated and while waiting to serve got his girlfriend pregnant.

And it was at that time that Pete introduced him and the other of his son into acting and luck smiled on Yul.

This na guy weh I know too well. Grew up together in the same vicinity,move around and belong to the same group chat of our old boys though he left the forum now.

You definitely have a good grasp of the Edochie's family, they were the regular civil servant family back then who were living the basic life.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2022
Mindlog:

You definitely have a good grasp of the Edochie's family, they were the regular civil servant family back then who were living the basic life.
.... True. I love the way you used it @ BASIC LIFE.

17 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by koyyess: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

Thanks for teaching those ignorant f00ls.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Richy4(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2022
Yul has given people things to talk about...He seems to me like a dude that cherished his privacy a lot... Unfortunately, this got a backlash smiley

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by koyyess: 10:10am On Apr 28, 2022
Mstick:

Men always talk about how the women of this days aren't loyal like their mothers LOL! Things like this and more that women see everyday and you still expect loyalty?!

My advice to every married woman, engaged woman and women in general. You see that man you're doing struggle love with, have a backup plan my dear, I repeat don't TRUST THE LOYALTY OF A BROKE MAN. Get a job, save money, don't have children that you cannot comfortably take care of alone, surround yourself with your family, don't fight your family EVER because when shît hits the fan they're the ones that will protect and fight for you.

African women, Black women, Nigerian women please and please stop aiding struggle love, go out there and work for your own money, it's better you struggle alone, than carrying a baby on your back while wondering what you would cook when you get home.

Work for your own money, stop shrinking yourselves, if a man says he wouldn't marry you because you've a car or a house it's not a lose but a gain.

Only born leaches, prostitutes and male apologists will ignore this. And they will pay dearly for it.

Women with brain are learning seriously from this.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by socialmediaman: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Since you see yourself as being in a position to advise all Nigerian women, do this on your verified Twitter page with proof how it’s working for you, and maybe people will take you more seriously

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:

There very well may be but they are not who we are talking though are they? You’re trying to call him a liar in order to minimize the impact of his actions.

Impact of his action? No, that is not what I am trying to do. I am only trying to correct the popular notion of "I suffered with you" . When two people choose to pursue their personal interests together, one person cannot turn around to use that line. If anything at all, they chose to suffer together and one party did not do the other any favour. I will like to believe the lady wanted the marriage to prevent the baby mama tag (selfish interest). Yul had his own selfish interest as well at that time. So nobody helped anybody.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by ImaIma1(f): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2022
Ladies should not be attacked or branded for marrying rich. Let everyone marry who they want,because if you marry rich or broke, who will mess you up will still do it regardless of if you suffered in poverty with them or not.

So all these guys that are always trying to "golddigger-shame" ladies who choose rich guys should just rest. Because they are not more eligible bachelors nor would they make better husbands than the rich guys just because they are broke.

Because some guys make it seem like they can love better and be better husbands. Then you hear things like "what if that guy suddenly loses his wealth"? The question should be what is they themselves never get rich?

Rich or poor marry your choice regardless of the background noise.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:

Okay. let me partially agree with you that the same Pete Edochie that started acting at the age of 15 and became famous in the early 1980s (right before some us here were born), was poor and broke.

I also don't want to believe that you are anything below 40-50 years. That is the only way your narration would make sense. You cant be in your early 30s for example and know so much about Pete or Yul's childhood.

Great biography overall. Now tell us about the lady. Because the only way your story will completely make sense in the context of my opinion is to tell us that the lady was a Senator's daughter in Enugu.

You can't marry into a civil service/famous actor's family in that age and time and claim anything close to poor unless you are a senator's daughter yourself.

You guys should quit trying to paint the "I suffered with you" narrative. Yul cheated and got himself a second wife. Castigate him on that basis and quit trying to use "I suffered with you". That is my opinion and your childhood experiences with him (assuming you're being truthful) cannot change that.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Mindlog: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2022
ImaIma1:
Ladies should not be attacked or branded for marrying rich. Let everyone marry who they want,because if you marry rich or broke, who will mess you up will still do it regardless of if you suffered in poverty with them or not.

So all these guys that are always trying to "golddigger-shame" ladies who choose rich guys should just rest. Because they are not more eligible bachelors nor would they make better husbands than the rich guys just because they are broke.

Because some guys make it seem like they can love better and be better husbands. Then you hear things like "what if that guy suddenly loses his wealth"? The question should be what if they themselves never get rich?

Rich or poor marry your choice regardless of the background noise.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / My Kids Nanny Is Leaving - Urgent Advise / My Husband That I Met In Facebook Cheats On Me: Am I Taking Things Far????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.