Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused (60654 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Her Family Told Me To Marry Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by PastorFire: 10:05am On May 01, 2022
naija4life247:

According to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or according to your village constitution
Like somone said, if dem born una well, take her corpse to her village. Una go get sense by force. I'm done educating you.

3 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by PastorFire: 10:06am On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:
fake pastor
Like somone said, if dem born una well, take her corpse with the boy to her village. Una go get sense by force. I'm done educating you lots.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by komodapson(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2022
Felimax:

Some men just lack sense. Hear yourself. So if that is your sister that is how you will walk to the morgue to go and carry her? Nor worry, dey there dey smart. Your head go soon correct by the time we finish with you.

I have one simple advise for you. Hurry now to the family with either your dad or the eldest man in your family or anybody that can stand in that regard, go with some cash and schnapps.

Take this time now as a matter of urgency to go inform the family officially of the latest about their daughter most especially if this is happening around Delta State.

If you like do, you like refuse.

That guy get strong coconut head ó, those strong coconut wey u go use cutlass knack several times before e break. grin
He won't heed to this warning, but I forsee they might likely eat his meat gradually, till he trabaye into eternal glory
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Foodqueen(f): 11:05am On May 01, 2022
This whole thing wan be like format sef, see as op de rush claim whosoever suggest he needs financial help.

All the method Don de fade, so his Coming with a new one.

He try Sha!!!

2 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by rockyh(m): 11:17am On May 01, 2022
You are lucky to be a lady else i would have told you to impregnate a lady and allow her die without psying her bride price in igbo land and then see the consequences. If he has guts let him go and bury the lady without her family's consent then after 4 market days which is 16 days and see how he will beg to pay for her marriage rites.he should better go and pay her dowry.
nighter:

I love your stance and admire fearless and courageous people. Stand your ground. You're not the first man to keep a woman in the house before marriage. It's we women that ought to be wise. Giving a man free, endless sex before marriage is gross stupidity.

Don't pay that bride price. She's gone she's gone. You owe her family nothing. Save for burial ceremony. Paying bride price on the head of a dead person is barbaric and downright sentimental.

A lesson for all: stop marrying outside your tribe. As a yoruba girl, I'd rather die than marry from that tribe called igbo. God forbids. Marrying into a tradition and culture you do not understand or know nothing about.

And lastly, don't be intimidated by the comments on here. Majority of NLers are igbos. Meaning that majority of the advise you get won't be objective. Don't be intimidated. There's no forum you go to, you'll find that 70% of its users are igbos. They sure know how to dominate physical and online spaces.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by rockyh(m): 11:38am On May 01, 2022
The one you picked along the way abi you think the death clause attached is for fun.
Slurity:
Without You mentioning the tribe here, we know the tribe that has that primitive custom, my gentle advice is simple, just go to a nearby police station to report the development and make sure it is documented with you having a copy of the report, don't bother to run from them, let them make advancement to take the boy, then arrest whoever come first and let the person drag the case with government in court. Don't even bother go drag your boy with them when they take the boy, just take go to police station to report a missing child and give them your suspects.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by GboyegaD(m): 12:14pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Your just been rude and arrogant, I guess your still a teenager.
No More response to you

I guess you think you are smart but apparently you are not. You already have enough troubles and struggles in your life than adding to it.

Go talk to your family members and they should follow you to hers. Negotiate, do what you need to do and live your life in peace.

If you loved her and you love your son as you are pretending, then please seek peace. It is not fair to him that he's lost his mom at such early age and the dad wants to add misery to his life because of his stubbornness and selfishness.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by NoToPile: 12:19pm On May 01, 2022
PastorFire:
This is not exclusive to Igbo culture but a cultural norm everywhere. As far as her family is concern, he is a stranger and not a family member regardless of whatever transpired between him and their daughter. Moreso, something tells me, he is indirectly responsible for her death. He wouldn't go so far to loan millions to save a woman he is betrothed to. Neither will the family sit back and watch him take up all the responsibility.
There is something he is not telling us.

Oga it's not a norm everywhere, we know those who have these cultures abeg.

@ bolded Seriously? As much as I don't support cohabiting let's be factual abeg.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by McTominay(m): 12:27pm On May 01, 2022
flexyrule:

Baba. Read this your statement again.

Person dey sick, instead of him to save her life, he should take the money and approach her family for her hand in marriage.

Omo. Omo. Omo. I Don read things for this thread today sha.
That's why I said INITIALLY brother. Boss said because of poor economy he didn't marry the lady... If he actually wanted to marry the lady he would have found a way. O.P just dey make excuse

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by flexyrule(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2022
McTominay:

That's why I said INITIALLY brother. Boss said because of poor economy he didn't marry the lady... If he actually wanted to marry the lady he would have found a way. O.P just dey make excuse
Are you married?
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by GboyegaD(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2022
TyroneP:

He is obviously looking at legalistic approach to the issue. What you're saying is immaterial in the court of law- infact, he's not from the woman's tribe so he doesn't know the provisions of their customary practice in a case like this. In furtherance to this, the deceased was not a minor as at the time of cohabitation, she should have decided on which way to go as regards traditional wedding before agreeing if to cohabit wih him or get married to him.
May her soul rest in peace. What if cases relating to stalking, intent to extort/defraud, misrepresentation of fact, threat to life or constructive possession is instituted/proven against the family? Moreover, he said he was willing to let them have the child. Op, take things easy on yourself. God be with you.

You just want him to lose his money. If they claim it is a case of kidnap, rape, and murder; then the plot changes and he will spend more and lose out totally.

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Victoria938(f): 12:43pm On May 01, 2022
This is so sad
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by holywind(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Why would I carry it to the village..?
It's already in the morgue, for her people arrival, it's their daughter.
Have done my most vital parts borrowing money to save her now am in debts, if you want me to marry her corpse because am scared. My brother your wrong.
just get ready to borrow more money for court case, they will frustrate you until you run leave your house and that your son

2 Likes

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 01, 2022
Ilaje1:

I don't know why you are troubling yourself. It was a mutual agreement between you and the girl to live together. She was an adult and not a minor when she moved in with you, hence, old enough to decide in shat she wants. It is high time we stopped that nonsensical getting marrying to a corpse in the name of tradition. We might as well walk bare footed, no vehicles in the name of traditions. Guy, if anyone touch your son, report to the kidnap case to the police immediately. Nobody had the right to take your son away from you.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 01, 2022
FOJEM:
Were the parents blind when their daughter moved in with a man without proper marriage? Now they are asking the man to marry her corpse. That is really stupid.
While she was with you, did you not feed her, clothe her, shelter her? You carried responsibilities which the parents should have borne! My friend you have overpaid the dowry!
Parents should train their daughters properly instead of encouraging them to get pregnant for men in order to trap such men.
Oga, spend money on her burial, mourn her for a few months and get yourself a good wife.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Ugosample(m): 4:38pm On May 01, 2022
Barbarism and fuckery everywhere
That's why you don't fcck with barbaric people

1 Like

Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Dshocker(m): 4:43pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No I won't

This is not the matter of no you won't,every tribe in the world has customs and traditions

Virtually every tribe in Nigeria does the same act,you must pay for her bride price even at death,you can shy away from it

Just pray the family is not diabolical,else anything thing they do,will affect you,provided you cohabited with their daughter and brought a child into this world

My brother go and make peace with the family,so that tomorrow,if anything is happening to you,you would know where it is coming from.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 01, 2022
Nyamiris and their barbaric culture
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Walkee: 4:57pm On May 01, 2022
calmness0:
Op, most tribes act like that, you did not pay bride price and you have been with another persons daughter for years, banging morning afternoon night without paying bride price, you never knew death can knock early right? if it were your sister nko, op go and settle her family.
if he dumps her in a morgue and abscond nko? Stupid gluttonous tradition. They are lucky the guy is a fear fear somebody. When one useless man tried that nonsense with one of my uncles he buried the wife in his uncompleted building. Woman that was sick for over 3 years. He even married her legally oh
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jddempire(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Have done my most vital parts borrowing money to save her now am in debts, if you want me to marry her corpse because am scared. My brother your wrong.

If she’s from Akwaibom or Calabar, please go and do the needful , if you feel you’re sturbon , they will humble you. After she’s buried they will send her to come carry you along. Don’t joke with tradition pls , because traditional is bigger than religion.

Meanwhile, this thing is very simple if you use your head. Visit them with some elders and reason with them as the man you are. (Of course they’re humans too).

I don’t know what else to tell you ; please talk to an elderly person for advice.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Obason22(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
God bless you..If we can't trace where he's coming from, we can't know where he's possibly going to..you sabi

Esan are from Edo state, infact they break away from Benin, that word Esan means: run away from setting laws.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Tribalism123(m): 5:55pm On May 01, 2022
Lucky guy
U are not in prison yet.

Run and take the offer Biko.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by tonididdy(m): 6:31pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

No you have spoken immaturely here.
You were in love with this woman, accord her some respect, she had your child for you.
Like this so, the family fit change am for you say you be ritualist
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by blackmanothysef: 6:37pm On May 01, 2022
4ckyou:

na for everywhere oh, same thing happened to my bro who married a Yoruba woman
Which part of Yoruba?
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Okobola146: 7:34pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

You here for the tribe only?
Or to give me reasonable advise?
tell us the tribe and I will pay the family off. You can't marry a dead body, it's not done
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by Okobola146: 7:34pm On May 01, 2022
4ckyou:

na for everywhere oh, same thing happened to my bro who married a Yoruba woman
liar, bloody liar
blackmanothysef:

Which part of Yoruba?
na lie him dey lie jare
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jamesharryson(m): 7:57pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I informed them for the burial arrangements not for marriage ceremony
First thing first. You don't jump or postpone any step
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jamesharryson(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

I don't believe in curses, A man can not define my fate in life..I was more concerned about my son that's why I brought it here.
I fear no man
Point of corrections, you don't have any son yet until you marry the mom.

You are very lucky, in my own village, you will marry the dead woman and still marry the child for them to release him to you.
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jamesharryson(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Oga, don't be stubborn. Thank your stars the family did not sue you for killing the girl or inviting you to come and tell them why you used their daughter for rituals.
Maybe you have not thought towards this direction
Re: They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused by jamesharryson(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2022
StilmaVsBorn2w:

Your just been rude and arrogant, I guess your still a teenager.
No More response to you
Bro, you are the teenager here. Believe me, you need to grow up in thinking

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.