Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! (39754 Views)

Vietnamese Man Slept Next To The Dead Wife For 5 Years.--true Love Does Exist!!!! / Love Does Not Ask Us To Be Perfect / True Love Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

Firstly, I am not trying to save anybody, I am only exposing "love" as a delusion it has been proven to be. Take it or leave it, but the fact remains that an increase in what people call "love" in our society today has directly led to an increase in divorce and single parenthood. This thing called "love" is a perception, a mirage, even people who claim to "be in love" can't explain or define what it means. It is ridiculous, pure insanity!

Youre funny!
Peace out and have a good night!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Love and God are different (but intertwined) concepts just as anyother. I will read your sites as time permits but my comment on what you have said so faris thius. Inasmuch as Love as any other abstracts (e.g joy, peace, good, happiness) is generally supported in varied contexts (even in primitive societies). I do not yet see the basis for your talk.

Abstracts [1] are generally assumed to exist
I do agree that abstracts are assumed to exist, but that does not in any way extricate them from the test of proof. Happiness and Fear are two abstracts which have been scientifically tested, "love" on the other hand is yet to be proven, therefore we could as well assume that it does not exist based on the definition of abstracts.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

I do agree that abstracts are assumed to exist, but that does not in any way extricate them from the test of proof. Happiness and Fear are two abstracts which have been scientifically tested, "love" on the other hand is yet to be proven, therefore we could as well assume that it does not exist based on the definition of abstracts.

in a sense Love is not disproven. We know that in psychological circles, happiness and fear are secondary to primary temperaments such as love and hate. Besides I wonder why u do not carry out a similar attack on hate. I also fear you might be looking at it from a purely religious angle. I look on love as a psychological happenstance.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

in a sense Love is not disproven. We know that in psychological circles, happiness and fear are secondary to primary temperaments such as love and hate. Besides I wonder why u do not carry out a similar attack on hate. I also fear you might be looking at it from a purely religious angle. I look as love as a psychological happenstance.
My religious brethren will agree that God is Love, and that a person who lacks God is incapable of love. Therefore, I can't help but merge both issues together because they both share similar characteristics e.g. both have never been proven to exist, their adherents prefer to remain deluded than question their beliefs, their adherents detest people who ask logical questions about the rationale behind their beliefs, and lastly, it is mentioned in most of the books which support the Abrahamic faiths that God is Love.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

My religious brethren will agree that God is Love, and[b] that a person who lacks God is incapable of love.[/b] Therefore, I can't help but merge both issues together because they both share similar characteristics e.g. both have never been proven to exist, their adherents prefer to remain deluded than question their beliefs, their adherents detest people who ask logical questions about the rationale behind their beliefs, and lastly, it is mentioned in most of the books which support the Abrahamic faiths that God is Love.

i believe any one (religious or irreligious) is capable of love - and hate. Love is not understood to exist in a concrete sense but in an abstract sense as I have argued. I dunno what you mean by saying Love has adherents. Love is not a religion. Love is an emotion that is expressed by humans (and other animals) to various degrees - especially by sexual intercourse.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

i believe any one (religious or irreligious) is capable of love - and hate. Love is not understood to exist in a concrete sense but in an abstract sense as I have argued. I dunno what you mean by saying Love has adherents. Love is not a religion. Love is an emotion that is expressed by humans (and other animals) to various degrees - especially by intimate intercourse.

"Love" is a cultural perception just like religion is. If you go back to one of my earlier posts, I referenced an article that posited on the origin of the "love" culture. "Love" is NOT an emotion, it has never been proven that human beings or animals can express an emotion called "love" What has been proven to occur are basic human and animal traits that has helped to ensure the protection of our species over the years of evolution.

If I see a child drowning in a river, I will jump in and save that child. I don't "love" that child, I don't have to wait till I receive a gentle prod by something called "love" to express what is a basic human trait, it comes naturally to me. The same thing occurs in the lower animals, they are also incapable of "love" just like humans, because "love" also doesn't exist for them. A dog develops a symbiotic relationship with his master because his master feeds and waters him, the master in turn receives protection and comfort from the dog. It is basic symbiosis, no love there!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2011
claremont:

"Love" is a cultural perception just like religion is. If you go back to one of my earlier posts, I referenced an article that posited on the origin of the "love" culture. "Love" is NOT an emotion, it has never been proven that human beings or animals can express an emotion called "love" What has been proven to occur are basic human and animal traits that has helped to ensure the protection of our species over the years of evolution.

If I see a child drowning in a river, I will jump in and save that child. I don't "love" that child, I don't have to wait till I receive a gentle prod by something called "love" to express what is a basic human trait, it comes naturally to me. The same thing occurs in the lower animals, they are also incapable of "love" just like humans, because "love" also doesn't exist for them. A dog develops a symbiotic relationship with his master because his master feeds and waters him, the master in turn receives protection and comfort from the dog. It is basic symbiosis, no love there!

I am ambivalent about this. The reason being that the existence of love as a general cultural perception hints that love could be more than an evolutionary trait. Not all relationships are symbiotic. I am quite aware of more than a few instances where relationships was only beneficiary to one party while the victimised party still harbors love for a person. I think what you are trying to do is to capture love in a more concrete manner. This isn't a must when I consider that in logic (especially mathematics) many things are true and consistent without being concrete
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 14, 2011
let me tell u sometin u dont knw claremont, if u say love dont exist, i would say it's bcuz u haven't fallen in it, pls get dat into ur skull
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2011
Dharniel:

let me tell u sometin u dont knw claremont, if u say love dont exist, i would say it's bcuz u haven't fallen in it, pls get dat into your skull
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
How can I fall for something that is non-existent?! It beggars belief shocked shocked!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elUwSHjfA94

Heres a delicious delusional song for you claremont! cool
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:52am On Jul 17, 2011
talina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elUwSHjfA94

Heres a delicious delusional song for you claremont! cool
Hey babes, cheerz, but it looks like that link does not work here in the UK. It doesn't play for some reason.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 17, 2011
Oh ok. Thats too bad.Im just teasing you anyways. grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2011
talina:

Oh ok. Thats too bad.Im just teasing you anyways. grin
I hope your eyes have been opened, and you are no longer living in the delusional world of "love".
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 2Praise: 9:16am On Jul 17, 2011
angry angry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 17, 2011
My eyes are wide open. I will always jump in spite of fear.  smiley
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2011
talina:

My eyes are wide open. I will always jump in spite of fear.  smiley
I like your courage, not many of us have that same kind of courage. It is not fear though, it is only commonsensical really.

2Praise:

angry angry
Are yo stalking me for some reason angry angry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 17, 2011
Why the heck would you say Im stalking you? Sorry if I gave that impression. cry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 9:28am On Jul 17, 2011
talina:

Why the heck would you say Im stalking you? Sorry if I gave that impression. cry
I was referring to the guy I quoted "2praise" as above, NOT YOU!!!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2011
oops, its too late here and Im not seeing right! Im off to bed!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2011
smiley smiley smiley
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2011
talina:

oops, its too late here and Im not seeing right! Im off to bed!
Sleep tight, and don't dream of imaginary "love". Kiss kiss grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 04K04: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2011
Please bear with me, this is my first online BS. The first problem here is, the minute I decide to take a stand, is the minute I am wrong. That is a stand therefore I am Wrong, Whether man is a progression for one celled animals or not . There seems to be a growing ability as you go up the complexity of the TREE of life. In that progression there is an increased ability to protect ONES self existence (so as to propagate again). The best way so far is LOVE and HATE. Part of the old fight and flight response. Ignores is bliss and so is love and hate.
(where the hell is the spell checker?)
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 40K04: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2011
You can change your login name! made the mistake of 04K04 instead of 40K04 (that was fun!)

Please bear with me, this is my first online BS. The first problem here is, the minute I decide to take a stand, is the minute I am wrong. That is a stand therefore I am Wrong, Whether man is a progression for one celled animals or not . There seems to be a growing ability as you go up the complexity of the TREE of life. In that progression there is an increased ability to protect ONES self existence (so as to propagate again). The best way so far is LOVE and HATE. Part of the old fight and flight response. Ignores is bliss and so is love and hate.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
40K04:

You can change your login name! made the mistake of 04K04 instead of 40K04 (that was fun!)

I give up, I really do!!!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 40K04: 12:49am On Jul 21, 2011
Hey Claremont,
what's it like not having to question one's self and try to fix other's ?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 40K04: 12:52am On Jul 21, 2011
mes thinks HIGH MAINTENENCE, and really smart!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 1:15am On Jul 21, 2011
40K04:

mes thinks HIGH MAINTENENCE, and really smart!
40K04:

Hey Claremont,
what's it like not having to question one's self and try to fix other's ?
I wonder what side of the divide you are? Are you for us, or you are against us?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 21, 2011
BITTER ARE WE? lol.

love is real. trust me.
sadly most of those who claim to know about
actually have no clue.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 1:42am On Jul 21, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

BITTER ARE WE? lol.

love is real. trust me.
sadly most of those who claim to know about
actually have no clue.

Is it?! The evidence suggests the contrary!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
claremont:

Is it?! The evidence suggests the contrary!

seeing elderly couples, who have been married since before my mother was born, walking down the street holding hands, taking a stroll and shopping together is proof enough.  cheesy not to mention the warm feeling i get being with/around someone or ppl that I love.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by MrsChima(f): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
Mine is the bubbly feeling the kind you get when you getting aroused. embarassed tongue

Hey sis. cheesy
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
hey mrs chima!!! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / My Boyfriend Is So Annoying!!! / My Ex Wants Me Back Because She Heard That I'm Now Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.