Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! (39753 Views)

Vietnamese Man Slept Next To The Dead Wife For 5 Years.--true Love Does Exist!!!! / Love Does Not Ask Us To Be Perfect / True Love Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

Oh so you are a scientist as well?! Now you are talking grin grin, why didn't you say so initially so I would know how to relate with you scientifically like a sister-in-arms? You said "Nowhere in my posts have I tried to use Christianity to prove the existence of love even though they are intertwined,i believe", so since you believe they are intertwined, it then means that even if there is a remote possibility that "love" may exist, persons who are not Christians are incapable of such "love". Therein lies the problem, maybe only Christians believe in "love", it only exists in their minds.

Have a good day as well, if you were near where I live, we could have gone for a "rofo-rofo" fight somewhere (supported by copious pints of lager grin) to practically test which of our scientific theories work  kiss kiss even though we still don't and may never agree.
Lol. Yep, a scientist in a broad sense smiley. sister-in-arm?Gotta use that sometime
I reckon u de Bradford cos your username is a street there, Claremont terrace??, a wild guess anyway
Wetin be rofo-rofo? Soz, dont drink alcohol, maybe some juice or better still,9ja food smiley
True that. Take care smiley x
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
ljila:

Lol. Yep, a scientist in a broad sense smiley. sister-in-arm?Gotta use that sometime
I reckon u de Bradford cos your username is a street there, Claremont terrace??, a wild guess anyway
Wetin be rofo-rofo? Soz, dont drink alcohol, maybe some juice or better still,9ja food smiley
True that. Take care smiley x
Claremont terrace is the name of my street somewhere in the north-east of England, definitely not that racist BNP infested Bradford shocked. Don't drink alcohol?! How the hell can someone live in England without taking in copious quantities of holy water?! Rofo-rofo Fight is a song by the great Fela Kuti, and it is often used to describe loads of indescribable describables wink.
WTF! Please let's not derail this thread, before someone says I have been saying all this just to get into a lady's knickers shocked, not that I would say No to that actually grin grin grin.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Organized religions control people with doctrines and guilt and belief, therefore taking away a persons true " godliness". It is a way to control the masses.
Love is a changing relationship,it is not stable hence the institution of marriage .It is a way to control and give a false sense of security to people. It is a contract that true lovers should not need.

Quote:
People are always asking why? for what? And anything that has no answer to the question slowly becomes of no value to you. Thats how love has become valueless.What point is there in Love? Where is is going to lead you? What is going to be the achievement out of it? Will you attain to some utopia,some paradise?
Of course, love has no point in that way.
It is pointless.

What is the point of beauty? You see a sunset-you are stunned,it is beautiful,but anyone can ask the question,"What is the meaning of it?" and you will be without an answer.

A beautiful flower,painting,poetry,song-they dont have a point.They are not arguments to prove something,neither are they a means to any end.
Living consists only of those things which have bo point at all,which have no meaning-meaning in the sense that they dont have a goal,that they dont lead you anywhere.

In other words, LIVING IS SIGNIFICANT IN ITSELF.

quote from OSHO
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

Organized religions control people with doctrines and guilt and belief, therefore taking away a persons true " godliness". It is a way to control the masses.
Love is a changing relationship,it is not stable hence the institution of marriage .It is a way to control and give a false sense of security to people. It is a contract that true lovers should not need.

Quote:
People are always asking why? for what? And anything that has no answer to the question slowly becomes of no value to you. Thats how love has become valueless.What point is there in Love? Where is is going to lead you? What is going to be the achievement out of it? Will you attain to some utopia,some paradise?
Of course, love has no point in that way.
It is pointless.

What is the point of beauty? You see a sunset-you are stunned,it is beautiful,but anyone can ask the question,"What is the meaning of it?" and you will be without an answer.

A beautiful flower,painting,poetry,song-they dont have a point.They are not arguments to prove something,neither are they a means to any end.
Living consists only of those things which have bo point at all,which have no meaning-meaning in the sense that they dont have a goal,that they dont lead you anywhere.

In other words, LIVING IS SIGNIFICANT IN ITSELF.

quote from OSHO
Good stuff! I couldn't have said it better myself, nice to know I am beginning to have disciples grin grin.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
Its Round 9!!! and the battle has almost ended, Too sad.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

Good stuff! I couldn't have said it better myself, nice to know I am beginning to have disciples grin grin.

Loving is significant  into itself.

And Im not your disciple. angry
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

Loving is significant into itself.
And Im not your disciple.
"Loving" in itself is a misnomer and a farce. I don't believe I specifically mentioned your name as being one of my disciples, dunno were you got the impression from grin grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

"Loving" in itself is a misnomer and a farce. I don't believe I specifically mentioned your name as being one of my disciples, dunno were you got the impression from grin grin

Is this whole debate an attempt to strengthen and destroy the doubt of loving as a "misnomer and a farce?"
Gee,I dont know why I thought your comment was directed at me grin

Anyways, to each there own.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

Is this whole debate an attempt to strengthen and destroy the doubt of loving as a "misnomer and a farce?"
Gee,I dont know why I thought your comment was directed at me
Anyways, to each there own.
The purpose of this debate is to shed light on the sheer folly people indulge in when they "fall in love". It is to highlight an often overlooked perspective on the misnomer called "love", and to reinforce the fact that "love" is a concept that has never been proven to exist.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

The purpose of this debate is to shed light on the sheer folly people indulge in when they "fall in love". It is to highlight an often overlooked perspective on the misnomer called "love", and to reinforce the fact that "love" is a concept that has never been proven to exist.

I think you doubt and thats good!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

I think you doubt and thats good!
Well, if that's your impression, then I'm sorry you are hopelessly wrong. Anyone who has read through all my posts about this issue will know how passionate I am about it. Doubt?! That is a word best reserved for the religious goons; "thanks be to God", I am faith-less!

P.S: Don't get me wrong. I have been in relationships in the past, and I will be in relationships in the future, but they were all based on mutual symbiosis i.e. give and take, never on a misnomer called "love".
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

Well, if that's your impression, then I'm sorry you are hopelessly wrong. Anyone who has read through all my posts about this issue will know how passionate I am about it. Doubt?! That is a word best reserved for the religious goons; "thanks be to God", I am faith-less!

P.S: Don't get me wrong. I have been in relationships in the past, and I will be in relationships in the future, but they were all based on mutual symbiosis i.e. give and take, never on a misnomer called "love".

Dont you ever wonder what you are missing? When you see true lovers together they are like one. I guess it all depends on the individuals allowing this to happen,to flow or not.
Well, I wish you the best in your future relationships and I will even wish on you to experience love! cheesy
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by intrepid: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
Please let someone tell me when love became a scientific subject that should be scientifically proven for it to be real.

I know there are scientists on NL.I wonder what that means.In fact i still cant understand.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ claremont >>> You have only made an assertion. What is its basis ?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

[b]Dont you ever wonder what you are missing? [/b]When you see true lovers together they are like one. I guess it all depends on the individuals allowing this to happen,to flow or not.
Well, I wish you the best in your future relationships and I will even wish on you to experience love!
How in the hell can I miss what has been proven not to exist?! I have explained time and time again on this thread that relationships that are based on the misnomer called "love" have been proven never to last, the initial passion you see among "lovers" is nothing but mere lust.
intrepid:

Please let someone tell me when love became a scientific subject that should be scientifically proven for it to be real.
I know there are scientists on NL.I wonder what that means.In fact i still cant understand.
Science is in everything, and everything is in science. If science cannot explain it, it does not exist.
Uyi Iredia:

@ claremont >>> You have only made an assertion. What is its basis ?
It is not an assertion, but rather, it is a scientifically proven FACT that "love" does not exist. The research papers are widely available for those whose minds haven't already sunk deep into this delusion
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

How in the hell can I miss what has been proven not to exist?! I have explained time and time again on this thread that relationships that are based on the misnomer called "love" have been proven never to last, the initial passion you see among "lovers" is nothing but mere lust.Science is in everything, and everything is in science. If science cannot explain it, it does not exist.It is not an assertion, but rather, it is a scientifically proven FACT that "love" does not exist. The research papers are widely available for those whose minds haven't already sunk deep into this delusion

See ! the notion of love is globally accepted and supported. Before one comes up with the statement that love (as generally understood) doesn't exist. One needs solid proof to back it up. I need more than your claims of it being a "scientific fact". a website link or a book should suffice (and from a reputable source)
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ claremont,  Why do you need proof so badly? You are your biggest obsticle with all this intellectualizing and thinking. Fear is talking. Its scary to jump into the unknown. Drop your mind and try it sometimes.
If you close your eyes and drop your thoughts what is left? Prove it.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

Claremont terrace is the name of my street somewhere in the north-east of England, definitely not that racist BNP infested Bradford shocked. Don't drink alcohol?! How the hell can someone live in England without taking in copious quantities of holy water?! Rofo-rofo Fight is a song by the great Fela Kuti, and it is often used to describe loads of indescribable describables wink.
WTF! Please let's not derail this thread, before someone says I have been saying all this just to get into a lady's knickers shocked, not that I would say No to that actually grin grin grin.
You reckon Bradford is BNP infested? Id like to think the opposite actually. Its very multicultural, or rather, some people from a certain country and continent are there in huge no's. Ever had the term "Bradistan"? lol
On the drinking, personal choice smiley. How i wish there are musicians and people with "liver" atm to decry the crisis going on in 9ja man, so pathetic.
Its the romance section afterall hehehe but before you get any ideas, i say in Mr Brown's words "STOP BEING NASTY" lol, look elsewhere  grin x
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

See ! the notion of love is globally accepted and supported. Before one comes up with the statement that love (as generally understood) doesn't exist. One needs solid proof to back it up. I need more than your claims of it being a "scientific fact". a website link or a book should suffice (and from a reputable source)
The mere fact that something has been globally accepted and supported doesn't make it real. It can only be real if there is clear peer reviewed evidence that it exists. Take for instance, Christians globally accept and believe that God created the world in 7 days, but science via evolution has totally debunked this myth as being ludicrous. If you go back to some of my earlier posts, you will see scientifically proven statements which back up this fact, alternatively, all the peer-reviewed journals/papers on this issue are available via Google.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by SAOguns(m): 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
as u place yr case it seems that u are right, but does lov btw married copues covers what lov really is? Neh! u can luv yr brother or friend more than yr spouse. high rate of divorse in any where in d world doesn't  mean that love does not exist. Lust is evry where, right, but luv do exist. IT IS JUST THAT TRUE & GENEU  LOVE IS REAR!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

@ claremont,  Why do you need proof so badly? You are your biggest obsticle with all this intellectualizing and thinking. Fear is talking. Its scary to jump into the unknown. Drop your mind and try it sometimes.
If you close your eyes and drop your thoughts what is left? Prove it.
Jump into the unknown, right?! I do hope you are aware that that mirage you see in the barren desert is not water, but rather, it is just a mirage. Just so you know, before you get to the mirage, you are going to have to pass through a rattlesnake and scorpion infested desert, and even if you survive that, still you won't find any water when you get to the end of it.

ljila:

You reckon Bradford is BNP infested? Id like to think the opposite actually. Its very multicultural, or rather, some people from a certain country and continent are there in huge no's. Ever had the term "Bradistan"? lol
On the drinking, personal choice smiley. How i wish there are musicians and people with "liver" atm to decry the crisis going on in 9ja man, so pathetic.
Its the romance section afterall hehehe but before you get any ideas, i say in Mr Brown's words "STOP BEING NASTY" lol, look elsewhere  grin x
grin grin I have always been told I am dirty-minded, there is not even a modicum of clean thoughts in my head whatsoever grin
[quote][/quote]
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Are you a barren desert? Those rattlesnakes and scorpions are your own fears to overcome. And how would you know that its a mirage if you dont take that journey? Water is somewhere beyond the desert.Or you would die of thirst.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

Are you a barren desert? Those rattlesnakes and scorpions are your own fears to overcome. And how would you know that its a mirage if you dont take that journey? Water is somewhere beyond the desert.Or you would die of thirst.
I would rather be realistic and obey basic principles of mutual symbiosis which form the bedrock of any solid long-term relationship, than deceive myself and others that I will see water in the desert. No water there, it's all a mirage.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

The mere fact that something has been globally accepted and supported doesn't make it real. It can only be real if there is clear peer reviewed evidence that it exists. Take for instance, Christians globally accept and believe that God created the world in 7 days, but science via evolution has totally debunked this myth as being ludicrous. If you go back to some of my earlier posts, you will see scientifically proven statements which back up this fact, alternatively, all the peer-reviewed journals/papers on this issue are available via Google.

I don't see no links. I ain't got time because I'm in a cybercafe _ got temporary problems with my laptop. Please post them so I can check it out.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

I would rather be realistic and obey basic principles of mutual symbiosis which form the bedrock of any solid long-term relationship, than deceive myself and others that I will see water in the desert. No water there, it's all a mirage.

Mutual symbosis is definatly vital in any long term relationship.

But finding water while in a desert is a must or you will die.Its somewhere. Mirages do exist but so do the real oasis.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I don't see no links. I ain't got time because I'm in a cybercafe _ got temporary problems with my laptop. Please post them so I can check it out.
If people say God=Love, and Love=God; then check out this researches done on this subject>>>http://lib.ru/KIRPICHEV/s_boganet_engl.txt, http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/nogod.html, http://www.godlessgirl.com/2011/05/does-love-exist/. Enjoy and may your eyes be opened!

talina:

Mutual symbosis is definatly vital in any long term relationship.
But finding water while in a desert is a must or you will die.Its somewhere. Mirages do exist but so do the real oasis.
The probability of finding an Oasis is the same as the probability of winning a Lottery jackpot, <0.001%.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by deasy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2011
it does exist,you just have to dig deep for it.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
deasy:

it does exist,you just have to dig deep for it.
Oh really?! Good luck with your digging!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

D grin I have always been told I am dirty-minded, there is not even a modicum of clean thoughts in my head whatsoever grin

Claremont, are you saying your mind is filled up of a hundred naked pigs playing hide and seek in the mud! If the answer is a yes, then that's really way too dirty.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2011
Claremont,you are so funny and stubborn! Well Ive said my piece and I respect what you choose to "think". grin Because its where youre at in life.

Its funny that you are trying to save the "delusional" people from something you cannot taste.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
talina:

Claremont,you are so funny and stubborn! Well Ive said my piece and I respect what you choose to "think". grin Because its where youre at in life.
Its funny that you are trying to save the "delusional" people from something you cannot taste.
Firstly, I am not trying to save anybody, I am only exposing "love" as a delusion it has been proven to be. Take it or leave it, but the fact remains that an increase in what people call "love" in our society today has directly led to an increase in divorce and single parenthood. This thing called "love" is a perception, a mirage, even people who claim to "be in love" can't explain or define what it means. It is ridiculous, pure insanity!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

If people say God=Love, and Love=God; then check out this researches done on this subject>>>http://lib.ru/KIRPICHEV/s_boganet_engl.txt, http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/nogod.html, http://www.godlessgirl.com/2011/05/does-love-exist/. Enjoy and may your eyes be opened!
The probability of finding an Oasis is the same as the probability of winning a Lottery jackpot, <0.001%.

Love and God are different (but intertwined) concepts just as anyother. I will read your sites as time permits but my comment on what you have said so faris thius. Inasmuch as Love as any other abstracts (e.g joy, peace, good, happiness) is generally supported in varied contexts (even in primitive societies). I do not yet see the basis for your talk.

Abstracts [1] are generally assumed to exist

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Is So Annoying!!! / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / My Ex Wants Me Back Because She Heard That I'm Now Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.