Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,413 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! (39750 Views)

Vietnamese Man Slept Next To The Dead Wife For 5 Years.--true Love Does Exist!!!! / Love Does Not Ask Us To Be Perfect / True Love Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by MissyB3(f): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
naijababe:

Fraud!!! I see you clearly chose to ignore Purist.

I feel so cheated too
You can't imagine the feeling. Little wonder I noticed his posts were full of inconsistencies . . .Oranges and apples. From A to B to Z to H.  grin

Purist:

You started the topic.  You presented your arguments.  The only reason holes are being picked in your arguments is because, well, there are holes in them. And NO, your points are NOT logical.

I know, I'd get riled up too if my 'logic' is consistently shown to be warped. cheesy
Lmao! Be nice!  grin grin grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
Strolling bye
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
britney123:

Strolling bye
Just keep strolling grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

I'm sorry if I don't comprehend the correlation between this biblical passage, and this argument , or maybe only the religious folks can understand it.

My point´s that you believe what you believe because you have been made to by man, just as Jesus said some were made eunuch´s by man,

If only all these "i know all scientists" knew that the great Isaac Newton in all his knowledge was a preacher, Albert Eistein who was of Jewish descent firmly believed in God and the Abrahamic covenant
Purist:

^^  Escapist! cheesy

Extend my greetings to your imaginary Scientists.  Cheers!
Missy ★ B:

You can't imagine the feeling. Little wonder I noticed his posts were full of inconsistencies . . .Oranges and apples. From A to B to Z to H.  grin
Lmao! Be nice!  grin grin grin
Me three/four lol. How many times does a sister/brother have to ask for answers to his/her questions?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
ljila:

Whoever thought that rocket science was hard, *drifts off and comes back*
So how did we come into existence then. If you believe in the big slam, what was the equal and opposite reaction to its occurrence? And please don´t say this is not the section to reply to such cos you´ve gotta admit, going off point is kinda norm and would help me understand your perspective, honestly.
I don't know how we came into existence, science cannot proffer answers to everything; but what I do know is that if science cannot explain it, then neither can religion.

ljila:

Why should your argument be valid when you said greater than 50% of marriages fail in the world, when you only have proof for the statistics in the western world? So is the Western world the prototype for human behavior then?  Is it in the same western world that people meet and a few hours later, get married? *Vegas springs to mind e.g the sitcom friends - Ross and Rachel. In RL, Katie Price although that was a few months, Ivanka Trump, Playboy mogul etc*  
"This is not a generalization, but a product of widely available scientific papers. >50% of marriages in the western world end up in divorce"
I´ve assumed you have read the paper/journal that published this and my lazy bum cannot be bothered to find the paper and read it lol. Do me a favour, will you? Did the paper say that ALL these marriages were based on love?  smiley
You and I agree that most modern marriages with very few exceptions are based on the "love" delusion, everyone knows that. A simple Google search will reveal the failure rate of modern marriages, and the main reasons for the failure.

ljila:

And whoever said all marriages were love marriages? Haven´t you heard/come across people that got married to preserve wealth or ensure the throne does´t leave the family (Checkout history of the British monarchy). The fact that a lot of marriages fail is not sufficient proof that love does not exists. It takes more that love to make a marriage work.(Commitment, compromise, respect etc are things that just came off the top of my head
So were is the proof that "love" exists then?!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Claremont, meeeeen its YOU against the WORLD!!! You seem to have a whole lot of billion armies inside of you.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

I don't know how we came into existence, science cannot proffer answers to everything; but what I do know is that if science cannot explain it, then neither can religion.
You and I agree that most modern marriages with very few exceptions are based on the "love" delusion, everyone knows that. A simple Google search will reveal the failure rate of modern marriages, and the main reasons for the failure.
So were is the proof that "love" exists then?!

Christianity explains how we came into existence,you just chose to ignore it.  So "ALMIGHTY SCIENCE" cannot answer everything WHAT A LET DOWN! :S

Yep, most modern marriages are said to be based on love but quite an alarming lot are based on [b]lust [/b]actually.  Fine gal - i go marry am. Him get money-na dis be my husband. I don old  oo- make i marry quick quick. Chai, that lady know how to please person ooo-i swear i go marry am. I no wan hurt my papa or mama, so i go marry "Uncle´s" son. Him get connections so fit hook be up with the who is who for town, i go marry am. Him/She de live for jand/yankee oo, i go marry am etc. That´s not love. Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13 but you don´t believe in God, tough, *Dear Lord, please let these scales fall aware for Claremont eyes in Jesus name,amen* smiley

As i have said before, it takes more than love to make a marriage work so you cannot say that "love delusion"is responsible for failed marriages. I googled "main reason marriages fail" (http://www.google.com/search?q=main+reason+mariages+fail&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a) and got this
http://www.divorce.com/article/top-10-reasons-marriages-fail
1. Financial Problems
2. Communications Problems
3.Family Problems
4. Sex Problems
5.Friend Problems
6. Addiction Problems
7. Abuse Problems
8. Personality Problems
9. Expectation Problems
10. Time Problems

http://marriage.families.com/blog/5-reasons-marriages-fail
5) Unrealistic Expectations
4)Fear of Intimacy
3) Marrying too soon
2) Lack of communication
1) Lack of trust
http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-124681.htm
http://healmarriage..com/2007/10/main-reason-marriages-fail_29.html
http://www.healtharticlesdirect.com/articles-about-mental-health-issues/main-reasons-why-marriages-fail/
You can check out the other sites cos i cant be bothered lol. Out of the top 5 results, LOVE WAS NOT CITED AS A REASON! SHOCKING :S!

I do not have any proof acceptable to you that love exists but:
The existence of a counterfeit proves that an original exists.The existence of hate proves that love does exist, in my simple opinion.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by MissyB3(f): 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2011
ljila:

The existence of a counterfeit proves that an original exists.The existence of hate proves that love does exist, in my simple opinion.
Beautifully put!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
ljila:

Christianity explains how we came into existence,you just chose to ignore it.  So "ALMIGHTY SCIENCE" cannot answer everything WHAT A LET DOWN! :S
Your views on how we came into existence is based on your religion which is Christianity. If you were a Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, Buddhist e.t.c., you will have radically different views on how we came into being.
You said "The existence of a counterfeit proves that an original exists", what a load of bollocks! Where did you arrive at that hypothesis from?! What is so difficult in proving that a concept that you believe in and is passionate about exists? Na wa for Nairalanders oh!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

Your views on how we came into existence is based on your religion which is Christianity. If you were a Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, Buddhist e.t.c., you will have radically different views on how we came into being.
You said "The existence of a counterfeit proves that an original exists", what a load of bollocks! Where did you arrive at that hypothesis from?! What is so difficult in proving that a concept that you believe in and is passionate about exists? Na wa for Nairalanders oh!
Oh, so you speak pidgin,
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
Claremont Vs The World! Round 1? Naaaah! Round 8!!!! , and the one-man army is not ready to get knocked out!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
EfeEkarume:

Oh, so you speak pidgin,
I am a thoroughbred Naija man to the core, make no mistake!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Beautifully put!

Danke shun smiley although it was not an original thought lol. Cheers x
claremont:

Christianity is not a religion but based on faith in a God who wants a relationship with man. Religion is the opposite. You have rejected various proofs, although non-tangible that has been offered in this thread and some of your points/theories have failed miserably. So i´ll leave you to it, because it comes across that your mind was made up and  nothing will change your presumption, defeating the aim for a debate.
claremont:

But science did proffer the way humans,animals etc came into existence. Theory of evolution and the Big Bang theory. What´s the matter hun, you didn´t know that with your wealth of knowledge? SHOCKING! Both are still theories by the way, and you know what theories mean,if you are familiar with the scientific process. If not, Google might help because i cannot be bothered hehe.
As i have said before, it takes more than love to make a marriage work so you cannot say that "love delusion"is responsible for failed marriages. I
Have you disproved my hypothesis then?
I kinda think that this thread was not made for or against love/love delusion but for Claremont to render his view and whoever contradicts him faces some kinda wrath, who knows? I might be wrong but i least i acknowledge the possibility, unlike some smiley
"What is so difficult in proving that a concept that you believe in and is passionate about exists?"
THE SIMPLE FACT THAT NOT ALL THINGS ARE TANGIBLE( AH; EMOTIONS SPRING TO MIND)AND THE OP IS NOT READY TO ACCEPT THAT.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
ljila:

Danke shun smiley although it was not an original thought lol. Cheers x
Christianity is not a religion but based on faith in a God who wants a relationship with man. Religion is the opposite. You have rejected various proofs, although non-tangible that has been offered in this thread and some of your points/theories have failed miserably. So i´ll leave you to it, because[b] it comes across that your mind was made up and  nothing will change your presumption, defeating the aim for a debate[/b]. But science did proffer the way humans,animals etc came into existence. Theory of evolution and the Big slam theory. What´s the matter hun, you didn´t know that with your wealth of knowledge? SHOCKING! Both are still theories by the way, and you know what theories mean,if you are familiar with the scientific process. If not, Google might help because i cannot be bothered hehe.
As i have said before, it takes more than love to make a marriage work so you cannot say that "love delusion"is responsible for failed marriages. I
Have you disproved my hypothesis then?
I kinda think that this thread was not made for or against love/love delusion but for Claremont to render his view and whoever contradicts him faces some kinda wrath, who knows? I might be wrong but i least i acknowledge the possibility, unlike some smiley
"What is so difficult in proving that a concept that you believe in and is passionate about exists?"
THE SIMPLE FACT THAT NOT ALL THINGS ARE TANGIBLE( AH; EMOTIONS SPRING TO MIND)AND THE OP IS NOT READY TO ACCEPT THAT.

That is were you wrong. I have said time and time again that the aim of this debate is not to change the presumption of anyone, but rather, it is to show an often overlooked perspective of this issue, that is the aim! You said "have you disproved my hypothesis then?", the onus rests on the author of a hypothesis to prove/disprove it, the inability of the author to prove/disprove the hypothesis simply means that we might as well view the hypothesis as just another "old wives fables", not much different from the ranting of a drunk Englishman.

I do agree that not all things are tangible, but the fact remains that "fear" has been measured and validated scientifically. "Love" on the other hand is an alien concept which can never be measured simply because it does not exist. You said "the OP is not ready to accept that", Of course, I and my committee of "demonic scientists" will never accept irrational delusions because we are not insane.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

I am a thoroughbred Naija man to the core, make no mistake!
The only nigerian man on nairaland that doesn't believe that love does exist , or do you have your disciples? Rabbi?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
EfeEkarume:

The only nigerian man on nairaland that doesn't believe that love does exist , or do you have your disciples? Rabbi?
You will be amazed to know that there are several other Nigerians who share the same views but are too scared to voice out their opinions.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by EfeEkarume(m): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

You will be amazed to know that there are several other Nigerians who share the same views but are too scared to voice out their opinions.
, or maybe too scared to face the fact that it does exist.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by SarahMaria: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
Of course love does exist, but sometimes the love is not strong enough and people change.
In the Western world the divorce rate is so high because most of the women do not depend on their husband again. There are free to go, if they want.

In India it is much more difficult for a woman to get divorced, so the rate of course is low.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
Prof! cheesy How far? grin Just Checking on you Today!!! Dont mind These people Jare! You have opened my own eyes O! Love is Delusional! Kai. . . .  But you keep Strolling By when they Mention Joy, Anger, Fear! Why na? Ok! you never Google that one! Okkk! I understand! Ehn hen! Someone also asked you about smell! grin Haa! dem no no say na only When they mention Love & God you dey Show face? Me I tell them tire!

Thank you jare! You too Blow Grammer! We suppose Clap for your "Iberi berism"!
Errm I was Wondering! Do you believe in The Devil, Does Hate Exist? Your Location is Kingdom of Christian Atheism! Ha! You dey go Church? You Believe in Christ, the Son of God? But you dont Believe in God, the father of the Christ? Na wa o!
Prof! you fall my Hand! I know say you no go answer me until i use GOD or LOVE

Oya! GOD IS LOVE> GOD IS LOVE. I LOVE YOU. LOVE EXISTS. STOP BEING DELUSIONAL ABOUT LOVE!

Ehn hen! Now i can Expect an Answer! Phew! cool cool
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
claremont:

For crying out loud dude, do u even know what counterfeit means ?

Ok, let me help you out since you can't comprehend english.
Newton's 3rd law of motion states that 'for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction'. Hate is an equal and opposite reaction to love, unless hate is also a 'concept'.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by oada: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2011
Love does exist!

There are so many beautiful marraiges out there, there are so many good people out there.

Better believe it.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
naijababe:

For crying out loud dude, do u even know what counterfeit means ?

Ok, let me help you out since you can't comprehend english.
Newton's 3rd law of motion states that 'for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction'. Hate is an equal and opposite reaction to love, unless hate is also a 'concept'.
Is that lake you see in the desert after walking for miles proof for the existence of water?! Of course not! Everyone knows what a mirage is!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Goldieluks: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
Are we still on this matter?
i thought you must have gotten your answers by now@OP.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
Goldieluks:

Are we still on this matter?
i thought you must have gotten your answers by now@OP.
Does my search for answers bother you so much or are you just being sarcastic?!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2011
Candid Rationale to prove the Non-existence of Love
“Love does not exist,”. Commitment exists, and loyalty exists. Trust, honor, patience, desire, compassion—all these things exist. They’re all specific and measurable, and they all contribute to the emotional health of any relationship between two people. But when you bundle them up and wrap a blanket called ‘love’ around them, they lose a certain amount of their value as qualities in their own right. It’s sad that the word ‘love’ is used to undermine the complex emotions that should exist between two lovers. People often forget or neglect some of these important feelings because they can simply say the words ‘I love you’ and evade any demand for proof of the sentiments that are perhaps lacking and consequently damaging to the relationship.(culled from http://lessthanthreewords./2009/02/14/love-does-not-exist/)

“We fall in love when our imagination projects non-existent perfection upon another person. One day, the fantasy evaporates and with it, love dies.”(Spanish philosopher Jose Ortega y Gasset)
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

Does my search for answers bother you so much or are you just being sarcastic?!
What so now you are searching for answers? I thought this was your aim
claremont:

I have said time and time again that the aim of this debate is not to change the presumption of anyone, but rather, it is to show an often overlooked perspective of this issue, that is the aim! ", the onus rests on the author of a hypothesis to prove/disprove it, the inability of the author to prove/disprove the hypothesis simply means that we might as well view the hypothesis as just another "old wives fables", not much different from the ranting of a drunk Englishman.

I do agree that not all things are tangible, but the fact remains that "fear" has been measured and validated scientifically. "Love" on the other hand is an alien concept which can never be measured simply because it does not exist. You said "the OP is not ready to accept that", Of course, I and my committee of "demonic scientists" will never accept irrational delusions because we are not insane.

What proof do you have that it  has been measured and validated?(Please don´t say a Google search cos that will render void your statements about whoever makes a claim should take the burden of proving it bla bla bla, You said it, prove it then! smiley

Twice you have said to me something in the line of "The burden of proof rests with those who claim the existence of a concept/deity to prove that it exists, and if they choose not to fulfill that burden, then it is logical and reasonable to conclude that the concept/deity in question does not exist. It's common sense really, no need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out." So i have implied for this post that whoever claims something is true must prove it, right?
claremont:

Yet, you have failed to show your proof and make references to Google search when asked about the sources of your claim. Maybe you should listen to your own advice. At least i have the decency to admit that i do not have a proof but you have not exactly showed any proof wither to support your claim, have you? Or did i miss it?
http://lessthanthreewords./2009/02/14/love-does-not-exist/
In your own words "what a load of bollocks!" , that link? Seriously? Is that the best you can come up with? Some exchange student´s account in Spain? So much for scientific evidence,huh?
In the post, the blogger wrote "But to be sure, the only man to whom I’ve said the words “I love you” since that day in Madrid that I spoke with Julian was, in fact, a great guy, and he did show me love instead of just saying empty words. Of this I fact I am very proud, and I hope that whatever lies in my future, I can maintain that any man whom I truly love treats me as though love does not exist."
Seems to contradict the NON-EXISTENCE OT LOVE, innit?
“We fall in love when our imagination projects nonexistent perfection upon another person. One day, the fantasy evaporates and with it, love dies.”
- Spanish philosopher Jose Ortega y Gasset
How does this say that love does not exist? The death of something implies that it had once lived. The Spanish dude said "Love dies" so that means it existed, does it not?
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2011
ljila:

“We fall in love when our imagination projects nonexistent perfection upon another person. One day, the fantasy evaporates and with it, love dies.”
- Spanish philosopher Jose Ortega y Gasset
How does this say that love does not exist? The death of something implies that it had once lived. The Spanish dude said "Love dies" so that means it existed, does it not?
The implication of that Spanish philosopher's statement runs deep, and only an objective minded person can see it, not someone whose mind has been corrupted by religion. What the Spanish "dude" means is that "love" in itself is a fantasy, an imagination, it is a mirage, a misnomer that is completely non-existent; and just like all mirages, it is only when those who believe in love get to the location of the mirage that they will know that there is no water there.

The question is do we really need to journey through the barren desert pursuing the mirage when we all know that there is no water there, or should we make a resolution now that "love" does not exist, thereby saving ourselves the possibility of being bitten by rattlesnakes and scorpions on the way searching for the non-existent water?! I for one, will choose to avoid the danger of being bitten by rattlesnakes and scorpions, rather I prefer to be honest and work out relationships based on mutual symbiosis i.e. give and take. It is the only way to find true happiness, pursuing "love" is a misnomer that will only lead to rattlesnakes and scorpions! grin
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

The implication of that Spanish philosopher's statement runs deep, and only an objective minded person can see it, not someone whose mind has been corrupted by religion. What the Spanish "dude" means is that "love" in itself is a fantasy, an imagination, it is a mirage, a misnomer that is completely non-existent; and just like all mirages, it is only when those who believe in love get to the location of the mirage that they will know that there is no water there.

The question is do we really need to journey through the barren desert pursuing the mirage when we all know that there is no water there, or should we make a resolution now that "love" does not exist, thereby saving ourselves the possibility of being bitten by rattlesnakes and scorpions on the way searching for the non-existent water?! I for one, will choose to avoid the danger of being bitten by rattlesnakes and scorpions, rather I prefer to be honest and work out relationships based on mutual symbiosis i.e. give and take. It is the only way to find true happiness, pursuing "love" is a misnomer that will only lead to rattlesnakes and scorpions! grin
Claiming my mind has been corrupted by religion shows how shallow you are actually. I have been quite objective id like to think, not sure i can say the same about you based on your posts. NOTHING PERSONAL smiley.
Funny that you seem to address some parts of my posts when replying. HOW ABOUT ANSWERING AND ADDRESSING ALL THE QUESTIONS AND ISSUES I HAVE ASKED AND RAISED? [/b]You will find out that the Spanish philosopher´s definition of love is lust actually.
Lust:A large physical attraction for an individual, that is sometimes uncontrollable and completely unreasonable; often confused with love, it is purely physical attraction and has no lasting effect.
"The question is do we really need to journey through the barren desert pursuing the mirage when we all know that there is no water there"
[b]No we don´t but we cannot deny the possibility of finding an Oasis, can we?
Why should we make a resolution that love is non-existent because someone claims so? Any Tom, Dick and Harry can post anything on the web and i have been asking for the link to your reliable scientific paper which you have not produced, FOUL PLAY. Hear your words again "the onus rests on the author of a hypothesis to prove/disprove it, the inability of the author to prove/disprove the hypothesis simply means that we might as well view the hypothesis as just another "old wives fables", not much different from the ranting of a drunk Englishman". You may not be the author of the hypothesis that love is non-existent but since you have been asking for a proof for my claims, surely it is not out of place for me to ask the same of you, is it?

I will really appreciate if you answer and address all my questions and issues raised, after all, we are trying to be objective  grin x
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
ljila:

Claiming my mind has been corrupted by religion shows how shallow you are actually. I have been quite objective id like to think, not sure i can say the same about you based on your posts. NOTHING PERSONAL smiley.
So what's wrong with saying that you speak with religious bias, or are you trying to deny your religion?!

ljila:

Funny that you seem to address some parts of my posts when replying. HOW ABOUT ANSWERING AND ADDRESSING ALL THE QUESTIONS AND ISSUES I HAVE ASKED AND RAISED? [/b]You will find out that the Spanish philosopher´s definition of love is lust actually.
Lust:A large physical attraction for an individual, that is sometimes uncontrollable and completely unreasonable; often confused with love, it is purely physical attraction and has no lasting effect.
"The question is do we really need to journey through the barren desert pursuing the mirage when we all know that there is no water there"
[b]No we don´t but we cannot deny the possibility of finding an Oasis, can we?

An Oasis?! LWKMD4HOOOOO grin grin grin Do you know the statistical probability of finding an oasis in the barren desert? It is less than 0.1%. How are you sure that rattlesnakes and scorpions will not sting the living daylights out of you before you find any oasis, is it worth the risk?!

ljila:

Why should we make a resolution that love is non-existent because someone claims so? Any Tom, Joystick and Harry can post anything on the web and i have been asking for the link to your reliable scientific paper which you have not produced, FOUL PLAY. Hear your words again "the onus rests on the author of a hypothesis to prove/disprove it, the inability of the author to prove/disprove the hypothesis simply means that we might as well view the hypothesis as just another "old wives fables", not much different from the ranting of a drunk Englishman".  You may not be the author of the hypothesis that love is non-existent but since you have been asking for a proof for my claims, surely it is not out of place for me to ask the same of you, is it?
I will really appreciate if you answer and address all my questions and issues raised, after all, we are trying to be objective  grin x
So you want me to give you my own precious research papers which prove that "love" does not exist?! I don't need to provide any link to a research paper, because the papers are widely available by simply Googling it. The papers are out there on the web which painstakingly show that "love" is a misnomer and does not exist. On the other hand, I am yet to see any paper which proves the existence of love, most of what I have seen on that regard can merely be described as "Tales by Moonlight" stories not much different from the rant of a scorned woman.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by ljila(f): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
claremont:

So what's wrong with saying that you speak with religious bias, or are you trying to deny your religion?!
An Oasis?! LWKMD4HOOOOO grin grin grin Do you know the statistical probability of finding an oasis in the barren desert? It is less than 0.1%. How are you sure that rattlesnakes and scorpions will not sting the living daylights out of you before you find any oasis, is it worth the risk?!
So you want me to give you my own precious research papers which prove that "love" does not exist?! I don't need to provide any link to a research paper, because the papers are widely available by simply Googling it. The papers are out there on the web which painstakingly show that "love" is a misnomer and does not exist. On the other hand, I am yet to see any paper which proves the existence of love, most of what I have seen on that regard can merely be described as "Tales by Moonlight" stories not much different from the rant of a scorned woman.
What´s wrong with saying that is that the statement is wrong. Nowhere in my posts have a tried to use Christianity to prove the existence of love even though they are intertwined,i believe. The only biblical reference i made was to say you believe what you believe because man has made you to. Deny my faith? NEVER BY GOD´S GRACE smiley
Whether less than 0.1 or 0.00000001%, there is still a possibility. You  sound like those scientists that agreed metals cannot fly in the air, till the Wright brothers proved them wrong smiley.
Id like to think its worth it dude. A possibility mentality and risk taking are partly responsible for the many advances in science and technology that we all are enjoying the benefits today.
"So you want me to give you my own precious research papers which prove that "love" does not exist?!"
DUH, HAS IT NOT BEEN OBVIOUS?  I HAVE ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES AND SPECIFICALLY ASKED YOU NOT TO TELL ME TO GOOGLE IT, YET YOU DO.
Personally if i believe something i claim to have proof of, i would show the evidence to whoever contradicts my claim and shut them up. Haven´t you learnt that with all your acquittance with the science world? SHOCKING!
"I don't need to provide any link to a research paper, because the papers are widely available by simply Googling it.

You wrote "the onus rests on the author of a hypothesis to prove/disprove it, the inability of the author to prove/disprove the hypothesis simply means that we might as well view the hypothesis as just another "old wives fables", not much different from the ranting of a drunk Englishman". "The burden of proof rests with those who claim the existence of a concept/deity to prove that it exists, and if they choose not to fulfill that burden, then it is logical and reasonable to conclude that the concept/deity in question does not exist. It's common sense really, no need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.
What is so difficult in proving that a concept that you believe in and is passionate about exists? Na wa for Nairalanders oh!

As Purist put previously ESCAPIST. I REST MY CASE  .
SIGNED. ON BEHALF OF SCIENTISTS LIKE ME WHO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR LIMITATIONS AS HUMANS AND ASCRIBE GLORY TO HE WHO DESERVES IT; GOD!
hmmn, "Tales by moonlight" whatever happened to that? Was one of the best things for kids those days

Anyhoo, have a good day
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by eherbal(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
right on my bro.love is what fairy tales are made of. grin grin grin grin.love ko,shmove ni,tseeeeeew!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
ljila:

ON BEHALF OF SCIENTISTS LIKE ME WHO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR LIMITATIONS AS HUMANS AND ASCRIBE GLORY TO HE WHO DESERVES IT; GOD!
hmmn, "Tales by moonlight" whatever happened to that? Was one of the best things for kids those days
Anyhoo, have a good day
Oh so you are a scientist as well?! Now you are talking grin grin, why didn't you say so initially so I would know how to relate with you scientifically like a sister-in-arms? You said "Nowhere in my posts have I tried to use Christianity to prove the existence of love even though they are intertwined,i believe", so since you believe they are intertwined, it then means that even if there is a remote possibility that "love" may exist, persons who are not Christians are incapable of such "love". Therein lies the problem, maybe only Christians believe in "love", it only exists in their minds.

Have a good day as well, if you were near where I live, we could have gone for a "rofo-rofo" fight somewhere (supported by copious pints of lager grin) to practically test which of our scientific theories work  kiss kiss even though we still don't and may never agree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

It Started With A Look / My Boyfriend Is So Annoying!!! / Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.