Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? (27719 Views)

Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

Where did SLS learn that the functions of a Central Bank Governor includes being a regulator as well as a competitor in a market he seeks to regulate? Was he taught this at ABU? Or did he pick this up during his work experience?

Can SLS or his supporters point to another example in the developed world? I started the thread with questions about his educational and professional background for a purpose.

Are you joking, mate?

Are you joking?
Is CBN the only central bank in the world that engages in profit-making ventures?

I am waiting. undecided
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola olabiy:

Are you joking, mate?

Are you joking?
Is CBN the only central bank in the world to engage in profit-making ventures?

I am waiting. undecided

Stop asking questions that it appears you have the answer to; if you have the answer, simply provide it.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

Stop asking questions that it appears you have the answer to; if you have the answer, simply provide it.

I want to be sure first.

Are you sure the CBN is the only central bank in the world that engages in profit-making ventures? Yes or No?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola olabiy:

I want to be sure first.

Are you sure the CBN is the only central bank in the world that engages in profit-making ventures? Yes or No?

Do you want to keep going around in circles? Please simply provide the answer. My point is clear; if you disagree, present your case.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

Do you want to keep going around in circles? Please simply provide the answer. My point is clear; if you disagree, present your case.

The FED in America makes profits, too. It engages in profit-making ventures.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola olabiy:

The FED in America makes profits, too. It engages in profit-making ventures.

That is a rather sweeping statement; be specific with regards to the money making activities.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

That is a rather sweeping statement; be specific with regards to the money making activities.

Now you agree it does make profits?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola olabiy:

Now you agree it does make profits?

You are trying to be clever with words. All Central Banks yield income to cover expenses through lending and purchases of securities that yields an income (interest). The comment I made and which other posters made relates to the commercial activities that Sanusi wants to engage in. If you know any Central Banks that own hotels or poultry, please let us know.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

You are trying to be clever with words. All Central Banks yield income to cover expenses through lending and purchases of securities that yields an income (interest). The comment I made and which other posters made relates to the commercial activities that Sanusi wants to engage in. If you know any Central Banks that own hotels or poultry, please let us know.

You are funny, mate. Do they all have to own the same type of businesses? The fact is they have Limited Liability Companies as well. And, they make profit like private businesses.

The main thing here: Limited Liability Companies.

That's that.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola olabiy:

You are funny, mate. Do they all have to own the same type of businesses? The fact is they have Limited Liability Companies as well. And, they make profit like private businesses.

That's that.

I bow ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GEJ is not fit: debunked

GEJ ony knows about Sharia : debunked

CBN/Sanusi is overstepping his bounds : Debunked again

Whatelse is the OP going to come up with:

Lets guess:

Sanusi is Gay?

Sanusi Doesnt live in London?

Sanusi is a coward for presenting himself for service?

Air-heads calling themselves intellectuals

Thank you jare ola Olabiyi, Say hi to Dele Ashade and Frank for me grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola olabiy:

That's that.

You are yet to tell us the commercial activities that the Federal Reserve Bank or any other Central Bank engages in. Central Banks derive income from their monetary operations and not through commerce. The Central Bank of Nigeria also makes money from its monetary operations. Please list the limited liability companies that are owned by Central Banks (Federal Reserve) and the operations they are engaged in.

You need to tell us what commercial activities Central Banks engage or quit arguing the point.

In any case, I am done arguing this point.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

You are yet to tell us the commercial activities that the Federal Reserve Bank or any other Central Bank engages in. Central Banks derive income from their monetary operations and not through commerce. The Central Bank of Nigeria also makes money from its monetary operations.

You need to tell us what commercial activities Central Banks engage or quit arguing the point.

In any case, I am done arguing this point.

Does the FED have LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES OR NOT?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Katz, we are friends on this forum. And, you know how much respect I have for you.

But, it doesn't mean we can't disagree because you seem annoyed right now.

I hope you see things this way and I hope this Sanusi issue will not drive a wedge between us.

I am sorry for whatever I might have done wrong
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
WOW!

All hail the great KAtsumoto
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks Katsumoto is an ediot?

Wow!

I am actually impressed that everyone bows to Katsumoto, even Ola olabiyi.

Wow!, interesting!

Only Kddrim and I see it differently

Katsumoto baba, you don kowo je for NL.

haha, this one pass juju. Who ever is doing it for you, please can i have some?

I hail oooooo, Katsumoto

Even after Ola olabiyi proved you wrong, the guy dey prostrate for you?

The baba wey dey do am for you, me sef I get interest ooooooooooo
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Katz, we are friends on this forum. And, you know how much respect I have for you.

I hope you see things this way and I hope this Sanusi issue will not drive a wedge between us.

[size=18pt]I am sorry for whatever I might have done wrong[/size]

Quoted for posterity.

@Katzumoto,

Seriously, I wan do some jas. iwo bobo yii le gan shaaaaaaa grin

if you cant beat them, JOIN them.

Show me the way to the BABA wey dey do this thing for una. grin

You can do no WRONG on NL. This is unbelievable. Even though you are g/a/y/, NL women, single and married, still fawn all over you like sweeeeeeeeeet.

Like seriously, who is the man wey they do the 'aseje' for you? me sef wan eat some 'aseje' ROFLMAO!
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2011
iragbijile:

Wow!

I am actually impressed that everyone bows to Katsumoto, even Ola olabiyi.

Wow!, interesting!

Only Kddrim and I see it differently

Katsumoto baba, you don kowo je for NL.

haha, this one pass juju. Who ever is doing it for you, please can i have some?

I hail oooooo, Katsumoto

Even after Ola olabiyi proved you wrong, the guy dey prostrate for you?

The baba wey dey do am for you, me sef I get interest ooooooooooo

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My name is olabi[b]Y[/b], by the way.; not olabiyi. There is reason for that Y
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by mamagee3(f): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2011
I would label him as all of the above. . .

He possesses all the quality that was mentioned.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:04am On Jul 13, 2011
iragbijile:

Quoted for posterity.

@Katzumoto,

Seriously, I wan do some jas. iwo bobo yii le gan shaaaaaaa grin

if you cant beat them, JOIN them.

Show me the way to the BABA wey dey do this thing for una. grin

You can do no WRONG on NL. This is unbelievable. Even though you are g/a/y/, NL women, single and married, still fawn all over you like sweeeeeeeeeet.

Like seriously, who is the man wey they do the 'aseje' for you? me sef wan eat some 'aseje' ROFLMAO!

grin grin

That is the way I like to do it, mate. He knows that I'm not afraid of him. What for?

But, I don't like to hurt friends. And, he's a friend.

And, a great mind for that matter.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:05am On Jul 13, 2011
mama-gee:

I would label him as all of the above. . .

He possesses all the quality that was mentioned.

Mama! If Katz cash you.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by mamagee3(f): 12:06am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Mama! If Katz cash you.
Point?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2011
mama-gee:

Point?

What quality does he possess? cheesy
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by chamber2(m): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2011
Does the FED have LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES OR NOT?

why not support your claims with evidence rather than hoping to get a YES or NO response?This is supposed to be a forum where participants learn from one another.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:10am On Jul 13, 2011
iragbijile:

You're friends with Katz before, so what went wrong? He's not an i.diot. You guys need to make up.

He's wrong and I corrected him.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:13am On Jul 13, 2011
chamber2:

why not support your claims with evidence rather than hoping to get a YES or NO response?This is supposed to be a forum where participants learn from one another.
The Maiden Lane subsidiaries of the FED are limited liability companies.

Here:

Maiden Lane Transactions refers to three limited liability companies created by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in 2008 as a financial vehicle to facilitate transactions involving three entities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_Lane_Transactions

Need more?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by mamagee3(f): 12:18am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

What quality does he possess? cheesy
What part of "all the qualities mentioned" didn't you understand? undecided
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by chamber2(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2011
The Maiden Lane subsidiaries of the FED are limited liability companies.

Maiden Lane Transactions refers to three limited liability companies created by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in 2008 as a financial vehicle to facilitate transactions involving three entities: the former Bear Stearns company as the first entity, the former American International Group's lending division as the second, and the former American International Group's credit default swap division as the third. The name Maiden Lane was taken from a street which runs beside New York Federal Reserve in Manhattan

The highlighted words above makes it quite different from what our CBN is currently doing.Let me refer you to KAT's statement below:

''Central Banks derive income from their[b] monetary operation[/b]s and not through commerce. The Central Bank of Nigeria also makes money from its monetary operations. Please list the limited liability companies that are owned by Central Banks (Federal Reserve) and the operations they are engaged in.''The company is still under the main activities of the FED-ensuring smooth and flexible financial transactions.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2011
chamber2:

Maiden Lane Transactions refers to three limited liability companies created by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in 2008 as a financial
[b]
The highlighted words above makes it quite different from what our CBN is currently doing.Let me refer you to KAT's statement below:

''Central Banks derive income from their monetary operations and not through commerce. The Central Bank of Nigeria also makes money from its monetary operations. Please list the limited liability companies that are owned by Central Banks (Federal Reserve) and the operations they are engaged in.''The company is still under the main activities of the FED-ensuring smooth and flexible financial transactions.

Stop spinning things. They are limited liability companies. The phrase "limited liability" should answer your question.

Do I need to explain what[b] limited liability[/b] means?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 12:28am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

I am sorry for whatever I might have done wrong

There is no issue between us Ola.

You made an assertion which you claim you have the evidence to support. Why not simply provide it. I simply don't understand why you were trying to set a trap.

Maiden Lane LLC

Maiden Lane LLC is the first holding company bearing the name that was created when JPMorgan Chase took over Bear Stearns in early 2008. It holds an asset portfolio that JPMorgan found too risky to assume in whole, and consequently the Federal Reserve Bank of New York extended a $30 billion credit line to the limited liability company to facilitate the unwinding of these assets over time. Bloomberg, citing Bank of America analysts, reported on October 2, 2008, that the Federal Reserve might stand to lose $2 to $6 billion on the asset porfolio. An October 7, 2010 update to the Federal Reserve balance sheet, as of October 6, 2010, reported the fair market value of net portfolio holdings were valued at $28.478 billion.[3][4][5]

The Maiden Lane name has been used for a series of bailouts including Maiden Lane II LLC and Maiden Lane III LLC. Maiden Lane was organized as Delaware Limited Liability Company on April 29, 2008,[6] and registered to do business as a foreign limited liability company in the state of New York on June 26, 2008.[7] The registered agent of Maiden Lane LLC is the CT Corporation.
[edit] Maiden Lane II LLC

Maiden Lane II LLC is a limited liability company created when American International Group Inc. (AIG) was taken over by the U.S. government in September 2008. Since AIG's subsidiaries hold a great many residential mortgage-backed securities that are very risky, Maiden Lane II LLC was formed to purchase these RMBS. On December 12, 2008, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York began extending credit to Maiden Lane II LLC. An October 7, 2010 update to the Federal Reserve balance sheet, as of October 6,2010, reported the fair market value of net portfolio holdings were valued at $15.847 billion.[3]

A news story dated March 16, 2009,[8] stated Maiden Lane II used billions in bailout money to purchase toxic assets, and that AIG used billions to pay other banks, including foreign banks- France's Societe Generale at $11.9 billion, Germany's Deutsche Bank at $11.8 billion, and Britain's Barclays PLC at $8.5 billion. AIG, through this fund also funneled significant bailout money to U.S. banks that had already been bailed out themselves under the Troubled Asset Relief Program. As AIG counterparties, Goldman Sachs got $12.9 billion, Bank of America got $5.2 billion, and Citigroup got $2.3 billion all at 100% on the dollar.

The March 16, 2009 article was critical of AIG's plan to pay in excess of $170 million as bonuses to AIG employees.

This was the second in a series of LLC companies formed to deal with the bank bailouts.
[edit] Maiden Lane III LLC

Maiden Lane III LLC is a holding company created when American International Group Inc. (AIG) was taken over by the U.S. government in September 2008. Similar to Maiden Lane II, Maiden Lane III LLC aims to purchase multi-sector collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) on which the Financial Products group of AIG had written credit default swap contracts. On November 25, 2008, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York began extending credit to Maiden Lane III LLC. An October 7, 2010 update to the Federal Reserve balance sheet, as of October 6, 2010, reported the fair market value of net portfolio holdings were valued at $23.003 billion.

Are those not financial transactions? Is lending not part of the function of a Central Bank? Also, there is a big difference between the US Government and the Federal Reserve. The funds for the bailout were provided by the US Government. How were you able to draw parallels between CBN engaging in commerce (Real estate, hotels, poultry farms, shops, etc) with the US Government providing bailing out failed corporations and developing special purpose vehicles to effect the bailout?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 12:36am On Jul 13, 2011
The great Katz has finally forgiven Ola

Ola, now go and SIN no more.

No more debunking Katz baseless assertions, lets all get along while hailing the greatness and the infallibility of the one and only Katsumoto who, unlike the rest of us, knows ALL.

The all knowing Katsumoto. LOL

SEFAGO, please come help me HAIL Katsumoto! wink
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2011
iragbijile:

The great Katz has finally forgiven Ola

Ola, now go and SIN no more.

No more debunking Katz baseless assertions, lets all get along while hailing the greatness and the infallibility of the one and only Katsumoto who, unlike the rest of us, knows ALL.

The all knowing Katsumoto. LOL

SEFAGO, please come help me HAIL Katsumoto! wink

You're barracking him, so I had to apologize

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Does Bill Gates Have Bodyguards? - Learnvercity Answers / How Much Does Digital Printing Machines Cost? / Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.