Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? (27650 Views)

Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2011
I was banned by spambot for reasons unknown but hey here I am again

@ Ola

The feds do engage in for-profit venture; Open market operations that deals with securities not commercial operations like building hotels and motels and fish farming or trying to trade commodities.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 1:37am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

@ Ola

The feds do engage in for-profit venture; Open market operations that deals with securities not commercial operations like building hotels and motels and fish farming or trying to trade commodities.

When a regulator owns limited liability companies, what does that entail?

Katsumoto's question:

Where did SLS learn that the functions of a Central Bank Governor includes being a regulator as well as a competitor in a market he seeks to regulate?

With emphasis on "a regulator as well as a competitor".

What does that mean?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Duduknight(m): 2:06am On Jul 13, 2011
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 2:17am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

@ Ola

It seems you have a better medulla oblongata than the OP, so i will engage you a lil, eventhough i see you econs guys as mostly ediots.

So what is bad with the CBN trading in commodities?

There are two ways to look at it, either as the CBN trading in this commodities on behalf of the FG or as CBN doing so by itself, either ways, whatever revenue is generated goes into the FG account, not into SLS's account?

In a way, just another Nitel, phcn, nnpc etcetera ecetibajeeeee.

The point here is that, unless you are able to prove that there is something inherently wrong with the FG trying to increase her revenue, you have no argument here.

Anyway, unlike what the air-head, bimbo chasing, 'stalkerama', perverted OP would have  us believe, this is the real job the CBN was saddled with:

http://www.cenbank.org/out/publications/bsd/1991/cbnact.pdf

So far, according to the link above, SLS is still within his bounds.

Just because it is not done in your USA  doesnt mean it is bad, as long as the FG/CBN isnt engaging in bad business practices, it is very hard to fault this move.

Who knows, SLS might just be ahead of his time. Maybe, this is SLS's Nobel winning move

Not everything is written in the book. You read the book, but eventually you have to use your head. people wrote the book, it can always be re-written or updated depending on the circumstance.

katsumoto oloriburuku oloshi :
Sanusi [size=18pt]had only been a banker for 12 consecutive years[/size] before he was nominated by Yaradua for the position of CBN Governor

Lies, lies, lies and more lies  from our infallible OP a la katsumoto

His experience—Mr Sanusi has worked for more than two decades in the Nigerian banking industry, grin becoming managing director of First Bank of Nigeria in January 2009—and reputation for strong corporate governance and conservative risk management make him well suited to push forward with the reform of Nigeria’s booming financial sector, notably the tightening of banking supervision.

http://www.economist.com/node/13809039
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:20am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

When a regulator owns limited liability companies, what does that entail?

Katsumoto's question:

With emphasis on "a regulator as well as a competitor".

What does that mean?

In accounting finance/ or even business, a company is an entity and for the basis of this, an entity in this case is an organization who engages in profit or non-profit activities; buy or sell (trade) goods and exchanging or offering services. These activities can be either between the firm and another business  (b2b) or firm and final consumers (b2c). To answer your question, "When a regulator owns limited liability companies, what does that entail? First off, a regulator such as the fed cannot have an LLC because LLC's are business structures allowed by state statutes. Well, on that note, It could entail for the sole purpose of the entity, that it offers profit or non profit services to other business.  I'm a lil, what regulator are you talking about? The federal reserve? Your question is ambiguous; it can and will entail anything and for the record, according to IRS and Federal statutes, the Federal Govt. of the U.S. DOES NOT recognize LLC's; an LLC entity must file tax records in one of three classes; Sole Proprietorship, Partnership (most common), or Corporation. So brother, what LLC are you talking about again?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:31am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

In accounting finance/ or even business, a company is an entity and for the basis of this, an entity in this case is an organization who engages in profit or non-profit activities; buy or sell (trade) goods and exchanging or offering services. These activities can be either between the firm and another business  (b2b) or firm and final consumers (b2c). To answer your question, "When a regulator owns limited liability companies, what does that entail? First off, a regulator such as the fed cannot have an LLC because LLC's are business structures allowed by state statutes. Well, on that note, It could entail for the sole purpose of the entity, that it offers profit or non profit services to other business.  I'm a lil, what regulator are you talking about? The federal reserve? Your question is ambiguous; it can and will entail anything and for the record, according to IRS and Federal statutes, the Federal Govt. of the U.S. DOES NOT recognize LLC's; an LLC entity must file tax records in one of three classes; Sole Proprietorship, Partnership (most common), or Corporation. So brother, what LLC are you talking about again?

I have been observing it since Sunday, your knowledge of economics is patchy and when your claims get debunked you get tetchy.

Who needs all those explanations of "b2b" and "b2c", etc?

LLC? Then, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_Lane_Transactions
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 2:32am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

You are going into too much detail. This will become a never ending argument.

There is a clear distinction between the bailout actvities of the New York Federal Reserve Bank which created special vehicles for the bailout of Bear Stearns & AIG and the operation of a hotel or poultry. Ola knows this distinction but is playing around with words.

The action of the New York Bank falls well within its remit (lender of last resort). No Central Bank engages in commerce. I believe that most people understand the distinction.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:33am On Jul 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

No Central Bank engages in commerce.

Are you sure, Katz?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:34am On Jul 13, 2011
iragbijile:

It seems you have a better medulla oblongata than the OP, so i will engage you a lil, eventhough i see you econs guys as mostly ediots.

There are two ways to look at it, either as the CBN trading in this commodities on behalf of the FG or as CBN doing so by itself, either ways, whatever revenue is generated goes into the FG account, not into SLS's account?

In a way, just another Nitel, phcn, nnpc etcetera ecetibajeeeee.

The point here is that, unless you are able to prove that there is something inherently wrong with the FG trying to increase her revenue, you have no argument here.

Anyway, unlike what the air-head, bimbo chasing, 'stalkerama', perverted OP would have  us believe, this is the real job the CBN was saddled with:

http://www.cenbank.org/out/publications/bsd/1991/cbnact.pdf

So far, according to the link above, SLS is still within his bounds.

Just because it is not done in your USA  doesnt mean it is bad, as long as the FG/CBN isnt engaging in bad business practices, it is very hard to fault this move.

Who knows, SLS might just be ahead of his time. Maybe, this is SLS's Nobel winning move

Not everything is written in the book. You read the book, but eventually you have to use your head. people wrote the book, it can always be re-written or updated depending on the circumstance.

Lies, lies, lies and more lies  from our infallible OP a la katsumoto

First, you don't have to be insulting to prove your point; very unnecessary and doesn't speak volume at ALL. Please desist from such, it's demeaning.

Commodities are goods and fall into commercial operations unlike securities that fall into financial operations. First, it is not within the scope and guidelines of the CBN to trade commodities. Second, CBN has so much at its plate that commodities should be the list of their problems. Third, if there are so much concerns, there are ways to blanket operations without directly involved in the operations. If CBN is concerned, CBN can indirectly affect the commodities trading by encouraging through his banks agriculture which will spur exports.

Again CBN cannot perform the jobs of other people; CBN has a job, so does finance ministry and treasury department of the Finance ministry has a job. CBN cannot generate revenues for the govt, that is the jobs of the finance minister; seeking new and improved ways to generate revenue. That's why they are called the Govt Accounting office, that is their job not CBN. To my understanding of the profit sharing system, whatever profits a federal reserve bank or CBN generates from it's market operations, a portion of that money goes into federal treasury and not the way around, federal treasury going to CBN
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:35am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

I have been observing it since Sunday, your knowledge of economics is patchy and when your claims get debunked you get tetchy.

Who needs all those explanations of "b2b" and "b2c", etc?

LLC? Then, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_Lane_Transactions

Seriously? I explained for you in details what you are asking and you're intimidated by what I said, Please if u have nothing further to say, just cut it ok. For the record, when I answer questions, I have to give a background, that is how you know from the basics. You cannot just assume LLC, yet you are getting it all wrong.

Katsumoto:

You are going into too much detail. This will become a never ending argument.

There is a clear distinction between the bailout actvities of the New York Federal Reserve Bank which created special vehicles for the bailout of Bear Stearns & AIG and the operation of a hotel or poultry. Ola knows this distinction but is playing around with words.

The action of the New York Bank falls well within its remit (lender of last resort). No Central Bank engages in commerce. I believe that most people understand the distinction.

That was the whole point of the explanation; I was waiting on him to explain to me how the link he posted has anything whatsoever to do with LLC for profits
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:37am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

CBN cannot generate revenues for the govt, that is the jobs of the finance minister; seeking new and improved ways to generate revenue.

Are you sure? The FED generates revenue for the US government, okay?

Read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/11/AR2010011103892.html

In the crisis, the central bank's policy has been to create money and use it to buy a wide variety of assets, which in turn pay interest.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:38am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

Seriously? I explained for you in details what you are asking and[b] you're intimidated by what I said[/b], Please if u have nothing further to say, just cut it ok.

Mu he he heeee
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:42am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Are you sure? The FED generates revenue for the US government, okay?

Read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/11/AR2010011103892.html

Dude did you read my post, perhaps you should read it again; I stand by what I said, the Fed bank does not generate revenues for the govt and like I quoted in my previous post, based upon the profit sharing, a portion of the profit goes back to tht treasury. I don't call that generating revenues, that more like "other income" generating revenues is more like taxes et al not CBN profit sharing. An income is different from revenues, pls get your facts straight.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:45am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

Dude did you read my post, perhaps you should read it again; I stand by what I said, the Fed bank does not generate revenues for the govt and like I quoted in my previous post, based upon the profit sharing, a portion of the profit goes back to tht treasury. I don't call that generating revenues, that more like "other income" generating revenues is more like taxes et al not CBN profit sharing. An income is different from revenues, pls get your facts straight.
The link says PROFIT. From what do you derive profit?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:48am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

LOL , You want me to teach you accounting, right? I see how yall fail your exams; brother there is a CLEAR distinction between revenues (before COGS, EXP, and et al) and Profits.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:50am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

LOL , You want me to teach you accounting, right? I see how yall fail your exams; brother there is a CLEAR distinction between revenues (before COGS, EXP, and et al) and Profits.
I will make sure I embarrass you tonight.

Please, teach me.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:53am On Jul 13, 2011
I am waiting undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:53am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Please, teach me.

Embarrass me, lol, that's a good one; now student open your ears and listen because the way I teach you have to be on same level as me. I did not forget, you are welcome to ask questions as well.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 2:55am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

I am waiting  undecided undecided undecided

DOnt mind all this run of the mill economists

We sef wey we no read more than WAEC econs 'key points,' we sabi stuff better than them

"Lamido Sanusi- Brilliant, over-hyped or Mediocre?" WHat a clown! grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:56am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

Embarrass me, lol, that's a good one; now student open your ears and listen because the way I teach you have to be on same level as me. I did not forget, you are welcome to ask questions as well.

Start. Do you think a topic like this is meant for your type?

I am waiting. You need to be embarrassed. Yeah!
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:57am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Please, teach me.

ola olabiy:

Like I said I will take it slow on you,

Profits are derived from revenues,
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 2:58am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

Do you know what that word in bold really means. Did you google it? Because if you knew you would have said a thing
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by OAM4J: 2:58am On Jul 13, 2011
@Ola

Am not an economist, but If I get you right, are you saying nothing stops CBN from engaging in commercial activities? So CBN can open its own commercial banks too, set up its own construction companies, Agric farms etc and still remain an unbiased regulator? Some ends dont justify the means and you dont have to be an Economist to know that.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 2:59am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Start. Do you think a topic like this is meant for your type?

I am waiting. You need to be embarrassed. Yeah!

Dude, I thought u wanted to learn accounting, hiss, when you ready to be taught accounting, let me know. By his grace, I did at least 5 courses in accounting.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 3:00am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Do you know what that word in bold really means. Did you google it? Because if you knew you would have said a thing

Google what? Bro I don't stoop so low for that; everyone has their own acronym; that's mine for expense., Rev for revenue, COGS for cost of goods sold, GP for Gross Profit, et al, I have no damn clue what you're talking about please.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 3:00am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Please, teach me.

You are simply derailing the thread. This is similar to how you took us on a Risk Management journey. Are you doing this just because of your admiration for SLS?

manny4life:

I told you this would keep going in around circles.

Ola and Manny

Please drop this argument.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

Again CBN cannot perform the jobs of other people; CBN has a job, so does finance ministry and treasury department of the Finance ministry has a job. [size=18pt]CBN cannot generate revenues for the govt, that is the jobs of the finance minister; seeking new and improved ways to generate revenue.[/size] That's why they are called the Govt Accounting office, that is their job not CBN. To my understanding of the profit sharing system, whatever profits a federal reserve bank or CBN generates from it's market operations, a portion of that money goes into federal treasury and not the way around, federal treasury going to CBN

The Ordinance conferred on the Ministry[size=18pt] the responsibility for the control and Management of the public finance[/size] of the Federation

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=54

Me i no kuku see revenue generation for hia ooooo,abi i dey craze ni

Professor ola, helep me read that website oooo

What do I know, after all, Katsumoto na de BABA.

Katsumoto, The all knowing GOD of NL.

SEFAGO, show face, stop lurking grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 3:02am On Jul 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

You are simply derailing the thread. This is similar to how you took us on a Risk Management journey. Are you doing this just because of your admiration for SLS?

No he wants to test my knowledge, since I humbly agree I'm one of the run-of-the-mill economist, well this is my opportunity I guess.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 3:02am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

From its revenue, the Fed deducts operating expenses, such as employee salaries, then returns to the Treasury almost all of the earnings that remain. The largest previous refund to the Treasury was $34.6 billion, in 2007.

Look at this guy and his madcap analysis
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 3:05am On Jul 13, 2011
ola olabiy:

Look at this guy and his madcap analysis

Now you're talking, you gradually getting a grasp of what profit is, the only problem is that you missed one part; earnings, lol. People whom I'm arguing with don't even know difference between revenues and earnings.lls
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 3:07am On Jul 13, 2011
manny4life:

Now you're talking ,the only problem is that you missed one part; earnings, lol. People whom I'm arguing with don't even know difference between revenues and earnings.lls

Hahaaaaaaaa. Mu he he he

You said the bank does not generate reveue, didn't you?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by olaolabiy: 3:08am On Jul 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

Ola and Manny

Please drop this argument.

derail, how?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market / Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN / Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.