Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

My 2022 Farm Diary - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2022 Farm Diary (16597 Views)

My Yam Farm Diary. / My Sweetpotato/Ugu Vegetable Farm Diary As A Newbie. / Wet Season Maize Farm Diary Of An Agric Undergraduate Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Dear Diary,
I decided to harvest one of my Bambara nut yesterday to see what's happening down there.Curious me cryThis thing takes time to maturity,no wonder it's cultivated one time off in the season.Check what I got below.My Yam is doing pretty well too because I unearthed one but covered it back.The beans on the farm is going to be a bumper harvest no doubt kissI'm optimistic.Maybe it's my kinda personality though,but I don't give room for nervousness.

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Maryam1234:
I have potato Vine available in large quantities for giveaway,as in Free.I don't want to trash it cry
What's the use of the potato Vines?
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by folmus: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2022
Interesting diary.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

What's the use of the potato Vines?
It brings-forth Potatoes,the vine is seedlings that's cultivated to produce sweet potatoes.It can also be used as animal feeds.This particular one was used to feed Livestock.If you need I can arrange for you ma'am,FOC.We have it surplus over here.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2022
folmus:
Interesting diary.
Awwn! Thanks for being here,God bless you.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
Dear Diary,
A peep into my farm today.My Beans farm is four weeks old today and I must confess I love what it's becoming.We have the beans in three different locations within the same vicinity.
My advice to all those eyeing farming.Farmers are not enjoying rara, it's the joy of eating organic from your farm that's the motivation, except of course, Large scale farmers like our political bourgeois who use their Millar for � percent mechanization.
Happy Independence Celebration Nigeria,we are good people great nation with a formidable charisma.I Love my country and the uniqueness in our diversity kiss

5 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2022
In the spirit of Celebration.We lock down the entire Zuma Rock area and all roads leading to Kaduna.I don't know how my Northern brothers and sisters came up with the idea of customizing T-shirt for October 1st but I sure love the display of patriotism and national consciousness epitomize by the Youths from the coast of the Niger and FCT combined kiss
I have to hike the twin Rock inorder to get this picture taken.I Sabi wahala ba.That's my chutzpah kiss

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:18am On Oct 02, 2022
Maryam1234:
In the spirit of Celebration.We lock down the entire Zuma Rock area and all roads leading to Kaduna.I don't know how my Northern brothers and sisters came up with the idea of customizing T-shirt for October 1st but I sure love the display of patriotism and national consciousness epitomize by the Youths from the coast of the Niger and FCT combined kiss
I have to hike the twin Rock inorder to get this picture taken.I Sabi wahala ba.That's my chutzpah kiss
Looking good. How long will it take the bean to mature

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
Looking good. How long will it take the bean to mature
Three months maximum.By November InshaAllah we're harvesting.Thanks for being here kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
Dear Diary,
We have started harvesting and eating our own Yam at home,we are harvesting weekly just the portions needed for the week.Our Bambara nut is getting stronger by the day and today we finally harvested the little groundnut remaining on the farm.The whirlwind uproot one of my ugwu stand so I just removed everything, I want to maintain the other stand beyond raining season.I was happy about what happened though because,the ones uprooted was planted apart and there's no way I would have been able to maintain everything cry
We got small Sweet potatoes and my distant neighbor uprooted and gift us as well,I pray it won't spoil.I was happy when I got purple potatoes amongst my harvest because of its overall health benefits.
Good night diary,
Kejucare's kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by justlovesfarmin: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
N

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
justlovesfarmin:

Hello!! And well done. It is insightful reading your diary.

I am a woman who loves farming too. and also very much interested in farming in Abuja and would like to send you a message. Kindly reply
Good to have you here ma'am,you can reach me out on WhatsApp.Though,I don't know about vacant land for lease in the FCT but I can help you get some around, Kwamba, Lambatta, Kwakuttii,Farin-Doki(Niger State)If you won't mind.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by TFeminist(f): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
justlovesfarmin:

Hello!! And well done. It is insightful reading your diary.

I am a woman who loves farming too. and also very much interested in farming in Abuja and would like to send you a message. Kindly reply
me too

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by OluchiDelly: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Maryam1234:

Three months maximum.By November InshaAllah we're harvesting.Thanks for being here kiss

what harvesting method do northern farmers employ? it may be tiresome and stressful handpicking the pods one by one, i mean on a commercial/large scale.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Slimkween: 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
If I say I'm not excited for coming across this thread, I'll be lying ma. I've gone through from beginning to end. Once I'm ready ma I'll communicate with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by akenzua74: 5:49am On Oct 24, 2022
Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,
We have started harvesting and eating our own Yam at home,we are harvesting weekly just the portions needed for the week.Our Bambara nut is getting stronger by the day and today we finally harvested the little groundnut remaining on the farm.The whirlwind uproot one of my ugwu stand so I just removed everything, I want to maintain the other stand beyond raining season.I was happy about what happened though because,the ones uprooted was planted apart and there's no way I would have been able to maintain everything cry
We got small Sweet potatoes and my distant neighbor uprooted and gift us as well,I pray it won't spoil.I was happy when I got purple potatoes amongst my harvest because of its overall health benefits.
Good night diary,
Kejucare's kiss
nice Hajia. Pls I love this type of sweet potato. Want to contact you, I need some land to farm next year by God's grace. Don't mind to start the process now. Once again thanks for all you have been doing.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2022
Hi, can you update please? Love your journey
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:15am On Oct 30, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
Hi, can you update please? Love your journey
I'm glad to know you guys are here kissit means the world to me honestly I have been super busy this few days but viola! our beloved maize is flowering and this new season is perfect for it's survival.Reason why I normally advise people to seek expert advise before venturing into farming to avoid planting a particular crop at the wrong season.I will Post photos today kissGod bless you all.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:21am On Oct 30, 2022
OluchiDelly:

what harvesting method do northern farmers employ? it may be tiresome and stressful handpicking the pods one by one, i mean on a commercial/large scale.
Farming is 100 Percent tiresome and stressful Sis, except you're contracting everything;if not farming is not for you o.You must work once in awhile.Like my beans; harvesting beans with hand is bae, they're already dry remember, it's as easy as ABC.I know there's technological innovations for it but,we haven't explored it before and I believe 80 percent of Low income farmers use the crude mode of planting and harvesting kissThanks for following up ma'am,one Love.Since you're based in the North,I won't mind sending you one mudule after harvest,free delivery.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 5:23am On Oct 30, 2022
akenzua74:
nice Hajia. Pls I love this type of sweet potato. Want to contact you, I need some land to farm next year by God's grace. Don't mind to start the process now. Once again thanks for all you have been doing.
Sweet potatoes is very cheap in the market now Sir,the biggest bag is 10000. I am even seeing both ORSP,PFSP and MFSP.infact all the variants

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Painsoother(m): 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ada Your thread is sweet..your work results are even sweeter!
It's your generousity for me. Some farmers will be like... well, Don't lemme quote, because I think I understand them.
I wish you divine safety, to and flo the farm & beyond, Amen.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Nokio1: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
don't no how I missed this thread..impressive n encouraging.. all d best Ma'am
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:49am On Nov 02, 2022
Painsoother:
Ada Your thread is sweet..your work results are even sweeter!
It's your generousity for me. Some farmers will be like... well, Don't lemme quote, because I think I understand them.
I wish you divine safety, to and flo the farm & beyond, Amen.
Amen Sir, Chukwu gozie gi*3 cry
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:55am On Nov 02, 2022
Nokio1:
don't no how I missed this thread..impressive n encouraging.. all d best Ma'am
Thanks Ma/Sir cry
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 4:00am On Nov 02, 2022
Dear Diary,
I never knew neatly harvested and Hand broken Bambara Nut can be as fresh as mine.We de-skin some Bambara nut and the outcome was so enchanting compared with what's available in the Market.The ground is hard now due to the harmattan but the nuts are quiet protected under the soil;still planning on harvesting everything and closing that chapter this season.

5 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Painsoother(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2022
Maryam1234:

Iseee!
Happy new month.. November is here, I'm looking forward to updates on your beans harvest.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
Dear Diary,
I was able to check out a fraction of my farm this morning before setting out for the office kissThe flowers now have a pod.The early termination of rainfall might have an effect over my harvest but no challenge, we're optimistic about the expectant yield.Check out the current pictures from the fraction below.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by TFeminist(f): 1:53am On Nov 05, 2022
Maryam1234:

b

You are Igbo? Lol

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by TFeminist(f): 1:53am On Nov 05, 2022
Ehen quick one, how do we store yam standing, the rough part down or up? Cheers
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2022
TFeminist:
b

You are Igbo? Lol
I'm a Nigerian kiss

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

N200 Billion Agriculture Loans - Farmers Say Banks Are Not Lending / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? / Pix And Price List For Mobile Tarpaulin Fish Tank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.