Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

My 2022 Farm Diary - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2022 Farm Diary (16504 Views)

My Yam Farm Diary. / My Sweetpotato/Ugu Vegetable Farm Diary As A Newbie. / Wet Season Maize Farm Diary Of An Agric Undergraduate Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2022
I have potato Vine available in large quantities for giveaway,as in Free.I don't want to trash it cry

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 7:04am On Aug 07, 2022
Ade3131:

Yeah... I'm keenly interested in farming. One of my friends is a millionaire now from farming but my gratest pullback has been insecurity.

I kuku don't earn much sef to start with, so why won't I want to venture into farming and I am seriously passionate about anything related to agriculture. I've done poultry on a medium scale and really enjoyed doing it.

But you see this insecurity matter is a serious one to me because I don't have anybody that'll pay ransom for me. That's why I sit back in my comfort zone (Lagos).

I've traveled the length and breath of this country. I have friends in Bida Niger state that's into rice farming and I know Suleja well too down to where Zuma rock is. I don waka ooo. I just pray for peace to return back to Nigeria. They're many people like me that wants to venture into agriculture full-time but wouldn't do so under the current security situations in the country.
I understand your fear sir, definitely,peace will return to Nigeria and we will have our Peaceful coexistence Once again.You don really Waka no be small o, see the way you're mentioning those places with accuracy grin

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by abir: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2022
Maryam1234:
I have potato Vine available in large quantities for giveaway,as in Free.I don't want to trash it cry

I need o, but am in kaduna

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by abir: 7:26am On Aug 07, 2022
Maryam1234:

I understand your fear sir, definitely,peace will return to Nigeria and we will have our Peaceful coexistence Once again.You don really Waka no be small o, see the way you're mentioning those places with accuracy grin

Aside insecurity is the issue of human predators, my sister's farm was was invaded by street thieves to steal her maize and potatoes, thereby rendering her work useless.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Mjane1(f): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2022
Maryam1234:

Thanks for packing your Lamborghini here ma'am kissGod bless you too.You can hi,me on Whatsapp if you're close by, make you too taste out of our bounty harvest wink
I would have love to but am very far at edo state.
Am so grateful thanks a lot.
Am looking at working with you by next year planting season.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
abir:

Aside insecurity is the issue of human predators, my sister's farm was was invaded by street thieves to steal her maize and potatoes, thereby rendering her work useless.
I feel for her,worst of it all is the fact that, those so called street urchins are people that knew her very well.Those local miner's eating our own, won't even acknowledge your presence while working on the farm.As God could have it,the maize dried up spontaneously, some of them started dumping the dry corn after harvesting. kissThey made the harvest easier for us paradoxically grin

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
Mjane1:

I would have love to but am very far at edo state.
Am so grateful thanks a lot.
Am looking at working with you by next year planting season.
Oh!! Edo is not far from me,I have truck rider's plying Benin route on a daily but, one of my client in Abuja has pack everything for her livestock.Immediately I posted it on WhatsApp,she sent her Rider.May God make it possible for us to withness the next farming season and beyond kissLike a shadow if I didn't fade away,I will be here to answer all your query by His Grace grin

4 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Mjane1(f): 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2022
Maryam1234:

Oh!! Edo is not far from me,I have truck rider's plying Benin route on a daily but, one of my client in Abuja has pack everything for her livestock.Immediately I posted it on WhatsApp,she sent her Rider.May God make it possible for us to withness the next farming season and beyond kissLike a shadow if I didn't fade away,I will be here to answer all your query by His Grace grin
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dear Diary,
A peep into my farm today kissIt pays to be daring, this land would have wasted for nothing.My groundnut and Bambara nut are doing pretty well.I won't be able to harvest groundnut before planting beans this month ending but, there's a way out kissNote:This is the land our Estate management says no one should farm on it because of security crywe decided to plant cover crops only,after all it's not corn and millet that grows taller and serves as criminal hideout :-XDespite all the safety measures put in place, when our enemies show face for back of Zuma Rock last month,all occupants run for safety grin Thomas Hobbs (State Of Nature) comes to mind cool

6 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
This Bambara nut is giving me joy.Its our first time experimenting it. kissYou guys should watch out for my beans,I am still harvesting my maize,rain is not doing us good this few days cryThe rain come change pattern from South to North grin

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2022
Dear Diary,
A peep into my Maize Farm this morning.I was delighted with what I saw, remember we didn't apply any organic fertilizer all the while.This Particular maize is the bomb kissThe One we've been harvesting for the past two weeks na Abstract grin

3 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:45am On Aug 30, 2022
Dear Diary,
The incessant rainfall is making it difficult for me to harvest my remaining hecter of maize.We need to prepare that particular area for Beans and this rain is not doing any better.The maize there is giving me Joy and a prospect for a fullfiling farming year already.Abeg make una help us pray make this rain shift to the South small even if it's for just one week biko kissMeanwhile we're currently shelling our maize,we have a 100kg bag already kiss

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by abir: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,
A peep into my Maize Farm this morning.I was delighted with what I saw, remember we didn't apply any organic fertilizer all the while.This Particular maize is the bomb kissThe One we've been harvesting for the past two weeks na Abstract grin

Well-done sister, can you tell me which inorganic manure did you apply to the farm?

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
abir:

Well-done sister, can you tell me which inorganic manure did you apply to the farm?
My land na natural manure on it's own sir,so far we don't even know the price of fertilizer abi no be fertilizer them dey call manure for oyibo cryOne Nairaland member knows my land sha 'Jonnic'hope I got the Monika well the Doc couldn't believe his eyes,he meet with my husband on the farm while I was far away in the market doing harka duni'ya crybut we normally spray selective herbicide intermittently to kill the Grass after that nothing and I normally carry my neighbors children along sometimes on paid labour to do manual weeding.Thanks for being here God bless you kiss

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
The kind fresh air I normally receive from this location is heavenly just that those Chinese people and there bomb blasting go just make your spirit jump leave your soul at times cryYan Duni'ya.Ordinary oyibo them no dey hear na to dey look look person for farm,them come go channel one big Water from there mining site to a smaller tributary,to cross river enter farm na wahala,in fact I'm typing with heavy heart,Odaro kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
Dear Diary,
I will be harvesting my remaining maize this week because I'm cultivating beans tomorrow kissThe maize wey go come out of that hectar mad o.The way God take dey change small things to big things still marvels me, exactly the kinda maize anticipated is what bear forth.The first time I saw this Big big maize was on my uncle's Farm in Bwari two years ago when I went to help him with the harvest only five cobs don full mudule kissDon't Tell me it's not going to be good for Pap because I know. It's going to be processed into garin masara all the way kissThroughout this year I bought maize just once and now e don show again after harvesting and sending some to the village for MIL we go package the rest inside PIC'S bag noni I cannot come and be fighting with beetles, those creatures suck mehn.Saboteurs from the pit of hell cryIncase you're wondering why I always update my diary at night it's because my day time is mainly spent doing Harkan Duni'ya.Man must gberra inorder to get the dollar kissOdaro

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
abir:

I need o, but am in kaduna
Yar'Uwa kissso for your mind now you're very far from me crylike seriously,when people wey dey South dey complain of distance you wey dey backyard dey fell among cry Ahuta gaijiya kiss
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by fredwill1357(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
Maryam1234:
Dear Diary,
A peep into my Groundnut farm, this morning,we experience a heavy downpour two days after cultivation which halted some from sprouting.It germinated but soil covered it,we can still maximize the affected ridges. kissExpect a picture of my now grown maize with A Tarcel, remember when hubby was planting it ba
Hello, I want to go into subsistence or small time commercial farming in Abuja, can you help me with that? Can I get your WhatsApp number please.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
fredwill1357:
Hello, I want to go into subsistence or small time commercial farming in Abuja, can you help me with that? Can I get your WhatsApp number please.
That will be next farming season Sir, I don't have any one to help me with farmland in Abuja but if you're interested in my location fine, paying for lease is actually done as early as February,that way you will fully maximize the land at the end of the farming year by November.My contact is on my signature.
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
Dear Diary,
It's been a hectic period but Alhamdulillah, we're currently shelling and sun-drying and the rain is not helping matter at all.The yield was more than expected so I shared 3 bags amongst my neighbors that have plenty family members and it's paying off, make farm work no go kill person crywe wanted harvesting groundnut today to plant maize on that particular plot but I refused because the work is going to be too overwhelming cry
Furthermore,our beans has germinated, I actually planted Butter beans on Niger State Soil I can't wait for the outcome.Because you see my Love for Butter beans is divine,I thank the day I introduce Butter beans into my Life and my clients are Butterfield already kissCount down to November InshaAllah kiss

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by fredwill1357(m): 6:18am On Sep 06, 2022
Maryam1234:

That will be next farming season Sir, I don't have any one to help me with farmland in Abuja but if you're interested in my location fine, paying for lease is actually done as early as February,that way you will fully maximize the land at the end of the farming year by November.My contact is on my signature.
OK, thanks.

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dear Diary,
So today my maize farming season for the year 2022 has come to a conclusion.I harvested everything today, contract it out for shelling while I sundry the one's remaining at home.Its a tiring journey but Alhamdulillah for the strength.Remember Bambara nut and groundnut are still on the farm.Lets talk about Beans Moving forward.God bless you for following up kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Livingforall: 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
God bless your crop!
Good day farmer Akinloye. Good to.see you on this thread. How far with that cassava farm update
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Dear Diary,
And so I finally harvested my groundnut today under duress cryOh! You Rodents in human form that didn't allow me to harvest my groundnut at will God is watching you in HD.I intend leaving it till month ending at least let this maize finish drying small, thief say nay cryI don harvest am come plant beans on the same plot.If all things work out for good I may become a beans seller this Year o kissThe Rain today didn't give us break rara,it was bumper to bumper, plenty of my groundnut are left un-attended to by the road side close to our farm, it's actually that plot in my estate o, hope you remember.From my kitchen window I can sight the farm confortably and they're still thieving, later Estate go bring security bill crywhen ordinary farm is not secured.
On a lighter note,I cook tuwon Masara this evening with my Maize,Yes oh.We are finally there,no more buying of maize till further notice kissI will take a snapshot of my maize flour tomorrow, it is beautiful and enchanting kissGood night dear diary, sleep beckons.

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
I have one mudule each for all my dedicated followers kissI'm definitely going to dry it this time around unlike Last Year that I ate everything in the blink of an eye kissI term this year's harvest "bumper subsistence harvest"

4 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by nicemom: 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
Congratulations Ma
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
nicemom:
Congratulations Ma
Thanks for being here ma'am,God bless you kiss
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Mjane1(f): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2022
Maryam1234:
I have one mudule each for all my dedicated followers kissI'm definitely going to dry it this time around unlike Last Year that I ate everything in the blink of an eye kissI term this year's harvest "bumper subsistence harvest"
Congratulations
Thanks for the items you sent to us in Benin we are very grateful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Mjane1:

Congratulations
Thanks for the items you sent to us in Benin we are very grateful.
God bless you for all you do ma'am kiss
Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
I have groundnut leaves for giveaway.Available in Large quantities it can serve as livestock feed.Come with your trucks o! you residents of Abuja and evacuate this nutritious leaves for your mammals FOC kissWe use two days about 10 people to remove the pods cryIf farm work no Kee me this season I go kill am.Remember I am still sun-drying abi na Rain drying my Maize cryRain no want let us drink water keep cup but as I'm typing right now I'm very optimistic its going to be a sunny day tomorrow because the moon is bright and transparent.God no go shame us "make I give myself hope small"From my mouth to God's ears,Amin kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2022
Dear Diary,
Tonight I want to share my little secret with you kissWhatever I planted on my farm at the back of Zuma Rock I always replicate it in my garden at home the reason is because I want to be observing what's going on in the farm using the garden as a connecting point kissWe all know beans takes three days to germinate abi?
I didn't get to the farm today but I can categorically tell from home the rate of maturity of my beans on the farm kissCheck the picture below as taken from my garden this evening,I planted this beans same day I plant the ones on the farm.
Good night beloved diary, sleep beckons kiss

2 Likes

Re: My 2022 Farm Diary by Maryam1234(f): 3:39am On Sep 13, 2022
The Experimental beans at the garden.This is a replica of what's on the farm kiss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Supply Of Snail's For Rearing / Having A Drop In Egg Production / Vaccine And Drugs Time Table For Chicken Layers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.