Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. (4312 Views)

Stop Swearing, It Is A Sin To Swear As A Christian / Seun I Want To Comment On Muslim Threads! / What Was God Thinking When He Was Swearing On Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 6:22pm On May 16, 2022
thatigboman1:
noo, not naptu2. Naptu2 is a correct guy naa. The one I'm talking about always feature only on Fridays, a big time fundamentalist. Mention Islam or anything negative about islam, he will flay up and start threatening everybody and everything. I enjoyed poking him those days, though I don't insult person or religion.

Are you referring to a mod?
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by thatigboman1: 6:29pm On May 16, 2022
naptu2:

Are you referring to a mod?
no, he was a regular member, unless he was a mod of Muslim section. But I remember he was the one always complaining of christains trolling muslim section until the oath was then introduced. He was very instrumental to the introduction of the oath in Muslim section.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Arysexy(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2022
thatigboman1:
noo, not naptu2. Naptu2 is a correct guy naa. The one I'm talking about always feature only on Fridays, a big time fundamentalist. Mention Islam or anything negative about islam, he will flay up and start threatening everybody and everything. I enjoyed poking him those days, though I don't insult person or religion.

I remember him, one yoruba muslim called maclatunji.

He was made a mod of Islamic section then to pacify Muslims.

These guys always get what they want Tru violence.

We demand oath on Christian threads too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by thatigboman1: 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
Arysexy:

God bless you plenty. Naptu2, see the man I'm looking for. Maclatunji.

4 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 7:10pm On May 16, 2022
thatigboman1:
God bless you plenty. Naptu2, see the man I'm looking for. Maclatunji.

That's why I asked you if he was a mod. Mac was the mod of the Islam for Muslims section, but he wasn't the one that led to the Shahada.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by aribisala0(m): 7:15pm On May 16, 2022
Okonandmary:

I personally believe Jesus Chose is a man.

Just like jehovah witness believe there is no hell...does that make my beliefs and theirs an insult

I personally do not believe anyone sent Muhammad and that he made up the Quran does that make my belief an insult?

2 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by thatigboman1: 7:20pm On May 16, 2022
naptu2:

That's why I asked you if he was a mod. Mac was the mod of the Islam for Muslims section, but he wasn't the one that led to the Shahada.
oh he wasn't? Knew he was always vocal about it.
Please say, who led it? I know the background already, so wount ask of that. Just for information sake, I don't attack or troll people or religion, just for info. Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 7:45pm On May 16, 2022
OK, I'll try and type this from memory. It's been a very long time, but I'll do my best. The thread that contained this explanation was deleted the last time I tried to explain it, but let's see what happens here.

Someone wrote a letter to Nairaland's admin to tell him that he was doing a good job with Nairaland, but to remind him that he was the only person on Nairaland that was well known. The person said that Nairaland was a faceless forum, but the admin was not faceless.

The person said that a lot of trolls insult the prophet and this annoys Muslims. He said that he could be calm about it, but he can't guarantee that others would be calm. He said that the people that make these insulting posts are faceless, but the admin is not faceless and that others might decide to take out their anger on the admin.

Nairaland's admin came and posted the letter on the site and said that he was going to have to take measures to protect himself and to stop the troll posts against Islam. He decided that he was going to ban all mentions of Islam, the Prophet Muhammad, the Quran, etc.

Some people complained that this would be discrimination against Muslims.

There were a lot of suggestions by Nairalanders. Someone suggested that he should create an Islam section and only Muslims would be allowed to post there. Nairaland's admin asked how he would know who is a Muslim and who is not. He said that he was not a Muslim, so there's no way that he would know.

Aha! I have found one of my old posts. I'm just going to quote it.

naptu2:

Why =

1) Someone writes Nairaland's admin telling him that, although he is doing a good job with nairaland, he is the only identifiable member of nairaland and that, with the way people are saying offensive things about Islam, someone might put a fatwa on his head.

2) The admin bans the use of the words islam, muslim and any discussion of islam on nairaland.

3) Nairalanders protested against the ban (that it would be discrimination against good muslims who want to discuss their religion) and came up with alternatives. Someone says that the admin should hide any comment that's offensive to islam. The admin asks, "how would I know what's offensive to islam? I'm not a muslim."

4) Someone else suggests that a section that's exclusively for muslims should be created. Non-muslims and those who are against islam should not go there. That will be the only place where islam is discussed.

5) Questions arose: how would you know who is a muslim and who isn't? How would you know what's offensive and what isn't? The final solution was to make a known muslim the moderator of that section.

To be continued. . . .

naptu2:

6) Someone complained that christians who unknowingly go to the Islam for Muslims section and make posts that are offensive to islam are getting banned. A christian suggested that a notice should be put in the Islam for Muslim sections alerting people to the fact that they'll get banned if they make posts that are offensive to islam.

7) Someone created a thread in which she demanded that a "Christianity for Christians" section should be created. Majority were opposed to that suggestion. Some said that it would make it seem like christians were intolerant and violent. Others said that it was left to God to deal with anybody who made offensive statements against Him. Someone said that no christian has threatened to place a fatwa on the admin's head.

After this, some Muslims created a thread to appeal to other Muslims to stop sending threatening letters to the admin. https://www.nairaland.com/144628/open-letter-muslim-brothers-sisters

The admin also created new rules and added this to them:
17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

Many people created threads to complain about rule 17. They said that it gave Muslims a special status and that Muslims were free to come to the Religion Section and offend Christians, so why should there be a rule 17? Due to these complaints the admin eventually removed rule 17, but replaced it with the Shahada on the Islam for Muslims section.

Someone once created a thread to complain about the Shahada, so I wanted to post the letter that was sent to the admin, but I discovered that the thread had been deleted. I found the letter on a blog and posted it on that thread.

Anyway, on that new thread the admin said that he placed the Shahada on the Islam for Muslims section in order to prevent violence. He said that there had been cases in which people offended Islam and this led to violence. He said that he wanted to prevent that and that's why he placed the Shahada there. The person that created the thread then said that the admin should create a Christian section and place restrictions on it, but the admin said that Christians have not been known to get violent and that he wanted to protect freedom of speech.

Mac had always expressed his opposition to the restrictions on the Islam for Muslim section because he said that it gave Muslims a bad reputation and that he didn't believe that it was necessary.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Putinofrussia: 7:51pm On May 16, 2022
Okonandmary:
Most of the Christians on islamic thread spend their times abusing Mohammed and islam. I am a Christian but it evil when we provoke Muslims to anger online

You would never see a single,I say single Muslim abuse the most reverred individual in Christianity,I mean Jesus.I dont know why we are like this..
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by PHIPEX(m): 7:52pm On May 16, 2022
Okonandmary:
Most of the Christians on islamic thread spend their times abusing Mohammed and islam. I am a Christian but it evil when we provoke Muslims to anger online
Why must Muslims be protected like egg at all times? Has the Oath prevented Mohammed from bring insulted on Nairaland? We continue to give them power to remain destructive at every sense of abuse.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 8:02pm On May 16, 2022
naptu2:
OK, I'll try and type this from memory. It's been a very long time, but I'll do my best. The thread that contained this explanation was deleted the last time I tried to explain it, but let's see what happens here.

Someone wrote a letter to Nairaland's admin to tell him that he was doing a good job with Nairaland, but to remind him that he was the only person on Nairaland that was well known. The person said that Nairaland was a faceless forum, but the admin was not faceless.

The person said that a lot of trolls insult the prophet and this annoys Muslims. He said that he could be calm about it, but he can't guarantee that others would be calm. He said that the people that make these insulting posts are faceless, but the admin is not faceless and that others might decide to take out their anger on the admin.

Nairaland's admin came and posted the letter on the site and said that he was going to have to take measures to protect himself and to stop the troll posts against Islam. He decided that he was going to ban all mentions of Islam, the Prophet Muhammad, the Quran, etc.

There were a lot of suggestions by Nairalanders. Someone suggested that he should create an Islam section and only Muslims would be allowed to post there. Nairaland's admin asked how he would know who is a Muslim and who is not. He said that he was not a Muslim, so there's no way that he would know.

After this, some Muslims created a thread to appeal to other Muslims to stop sending threatening letters to the admin. https://www.nairaland.com/144628/open-letter-muslim-brothers-sisters

17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

Many people created threads to complain about rule 17. They said that it gave Muslims a special status and that Muslims were free to come to the Religion Section and offend Christians, so why should there be a rule 17? Due to these complaints the admin eventually removed rule 17, but replaced it with the Shahada on the Islam for Muslims section.

Someone once created a thread to complain about the Shahada, so I wanted to post the letter that was sent to the admin, but I discovered that the thread had been deleted. I found the letter on a blog and posted it on that thread.

Anyway, on that new thread the admin said that he placed the Shahada on the Islam for Muslims section in order to prevent violence. He said that there had been cases in which people offended Islam and this led to violence. He said that he wanted to prevent that and that's why he placed the Shahada there. The person that created the thread then said that the admin should create a Christian section and place restrictions on it, but the admin said that Christians have not been known to get violent and that he wanted to protect freedom of speech.

Mac had always expressed his opposition to the restrictions on the Islam for Muslim section because he said that it gave Muslims a bad reputation and that he didn't believe that it was necessary.

Wow.... This is serious o

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by ShaqFu: 8:43pm On May 16, 2022
naptu2:

Now there you have it. It's as plain as ABC...

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Newton2024: 8:46pm On May 16, 2022
Okonandmary:
You are not even proud of your violence religion. Shame on you and your fake prophet Muhammed.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Newton2024: 8:49pm On May 16, 2022
[b]
Dorwadora:
While we are pusuring justice for Deborah, we must also talk about the injustice on Nl Christains, Atheists, Deists, Traditionists and others who have to swear an oath before commenting on some certain threads on Friday.

Pampering some group over the others?... Your action is just the same with the FG over muslim/fulanis matter. Kindly address this issue sir because its long overdued. No religion should be superior on your forum sir.

CC: Seun
[/b]seun
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by 00FFT00(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2022
Haakeem:
the guy typed in shit! Why would he be threatened.

The guy expects seun to be in the christians side because he is a christian.

He should know it is never done like that.

How does it sound right for Muslims to freely comment on all forums and non-Muslims cannot do the same on Islamic forums without making an undertaking?. How does that sound right to you?.

Is Islam superior to other faiths?. There are clearly unseen hands at play here.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Lawag3: 9:00pm On May 16, 2022
Haakeem:
It should'nt be detached!

Mr Seun, the best way to settle this is to do same for the christian threads... Period.

I don't think people should have to swear and oath to comment on Christian threads, infact it should be made more free for all. We have nothing to hide.

Muslims know that they can't defend their religion so they hide it from who could question it.

The truth fears no mockery or questions unless it's a lie.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 9:09pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 3:11am On May 17, 2022
Aha! Here it is!

He quoted a blog post about the thread that I said was deleted. This thread explains everything that I wrote in the penultimate paragraph of my last post. Read it. It's quite interesting.

This was during the battle over rule 17. The difference between rule 17 and the Shahada is that everybody saw rule 17 every time they made a post and it annoyed people. You only see the Shahada if you post in the Islam for Muslims section.

https://www.nairaland.com/1284717/it-crime-save-lives-then

https://www.nairaland.com/1284399/concerning-controversial-new-rules-nairaland

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Truvelisback(m): 3:24am On May 17, 2022
Dorwadora:
While we are pusuring justice for Deborah, we must also talk about the injustice on Nl Christains, Atheists, Deists, Traditionists and others who have to swear an oath before commenting on some certain threads on Friday.

Pampering some group over the others?... Your action is just the same with the FG over muslim/fulanis matter. Kindly address this issue sir because its long overdued. No religion should be superior on your forum sir.

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Truvelisback(m): 3:27am On May 17, 2022
Dorwadora:

His action is no different from ur President Buhari. However, 2 things are involved, it is either they close down this thread or they remove it.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Parisian: 4:20am On May 17, 2022
Oga, are you new on this forum?

I used to be very active in the religious section and I can tell you for free that Muslims are the worst when it comes to that.

Haven't you been seeing "GoTv's" post again Christians? He always starts with , "even tho I'm a Christian" bla bla bla despite him being a muslim.

There is one that always insults Jesus that he died like a thief and this is a muslim to the core.

Let me just stop here.
Okonandmary:

Pls do, i do read all the Christian front page topic and i have never seen a muslim abusing Jesus and his disciples or Christian prophets

3 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Parisian: 4:27am On May 17, 2022
You do realize that Charlie Hebdo insults Christianity more than Islam right? Yet, not a single threat to his life from Christians.
MrTeefa:

Of course you never thought of it, cause you never heard of Salman Rushdie or Charlie Hebdo or the other guy that was killed in the Netherlands

2 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Parisian: 4:34am On May 17, 2022
And who are the people causing all the anarchy and killing and burning people?

You act like insulting people is a worse offense than murder.
rusher14:

Some of us have never been Muslim but grown in an environment of tolerance.

Difficult if all you know is anarchy.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Parisian: 4:36am On May 17, 2022
Thanks for being very honest.
thatigboman1:
exactly. Oath should be introduced to the Christian section too let everyone truly stick to their own sections.
There are muslims that troll Christian section too.
And do u know that most of those Christians you say troll Muslim sections are atheists? The troll the Christian sections too. I am an atheist myself, but don't go about insulting religious beliefs except once in a while when I get angry, like the killing of Deborah.
And one thing u must know is that Christian fundamentalists don't troll Muslim section. U can't see righteousness or what is that one name trolling muslims. Or those our fundamentalist chosen people.
So it's the same people that troll that troll the christains too.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Parisian: 4:41am On May 17, 2022
I remember him but smi wasn't on Nairaland when that incident happened tho.
Arysexy:

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by hope4nigeria(m): 12:28am On May 19, 2022
Okonandmary:
na motor go Jam you and your useless Islam, thunder fire bastard prophet Muhammed fvck prophet and Alah

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Yankee101: 12:37am On May 19, 2022
Supported
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by huptin(m): 2:29am On May 19, 2022
Haakeem:
they came back for revenge, christians usually starts it first.

Its just in their blood, trolling on islam gives them one type of special orgasm.

Christians see islam as devilish religion, promoted by the devil incarnate prophet, they see it as their life goal to save all moslems from perdition. They pity moslems wondering why people can be so disillusioned to follow a religion brought by the arabs, a group of people they disdain as poverty infested and absolutely unintelligent.

This is the view of every Christian, some will say it out, some will keep quiet but that is the view of every Christian. Every single christian not excluding one.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Speaklove: 4:05pm On May 20, 2022
[b][/b] sad
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by ganye1: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Muslims don't go to Christian threads to insult their religion but Christians do go to Muslim threads to insult Islam. They even swear that they are Muslims just to insult Muslims and their religion.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by richeso: 4:51pm On May 20, 2022
it is very unwise for seun to ask for oat for muslim threads and not also for christain threads.
for now seun is a muslim. and NL belongs to Muslim. untill change is mad, the status remains

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On May 20, 2022
Okonandmary:
You have such touts on both sides so best to ban the culprits altogether somehow. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions I Have About The Existence Of A Creator God / Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? / Can A Stolen Money Be Accepted By God, As Tithe And Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.