Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,593 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. (4318 Views)

Stop Swearing, It Is A Sin To Swear As A Christian / Seun I Want To Comment On Muslim Threads! / What Was God Thinking When He Was Swearing On Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Deicide: 10:02pm On May 20, 2022
khadaffi:

Seun is not unknown. Unlike many of you here that is difficult to track. He is well known and his address will not be hard to trace if one decides to be serious in tracking him down. What he does not want to tell the world is that he was threatened. Seriously threatened. Otherwise I see no reason why an atheist like me is scared of one barbaric and antiquated religion that should have been abandoned if humans are really the higher animal they claim.
Then the coward should also lock the Christian thread.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On May 20, 2022
Dorwadora:
While we are pusuring justice for Deborah, we must also talk about the injustice on Nl Christains, Atheists, Deists, Traditionists and others who have to swear an oath before commenting on some certain threads on Friday.

Pampering some group over the others?... Your action is just the same with the FG over muslim/fulanis matter. Kindly address this issue sir because its long overdued. No religion should be superior on your forum sir.
CC: Seun
Are you also willing to has your restricted threads never hosted on Frontpage as well? undecided

I think instead of restricting all religious threads, Nairaland allows thread creators the option to restrict there particular discussion thread to a select group of their choosing. undecided

Instead the rule to be applied to all restricted threads is they are never be hosted on Frontpage meaning such threads remain only in the section where they indeed belong, for the view of those who care. undecided
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 10:09pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you also willing to has your restricted threads never hosted on Frontpage as well? undecided

I think instead of restricting all religious threads, allow the thread creator the option to restrict the discussion to a select group or not. If a restricted threads is created , what I prefer is it never be hosted on Frontpage so it remains only in the section where it indeed belongs and only for those who care. undecided
Good point.... @The bolded sentences.... Can also be a solution if weighted properly..... But I must bring it to your notice that there's a "Islam for Muslim" section that always grace the frontpage on Friday while there's no alternate benefits for other religion.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On May 20, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good point.... @The bolded sentences.... Can also be a solution if weighted properly..... But I must bring it to your notice that there's a "Islam for Muslim" section that always grace the frontpage on Friday while there's no alternate benefits for other religion.
A thread was created just last week to call that to the attention of Nairaland. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7125140/what-point-pushing-topics-restrictions

And I happen to notice today that very few restricted threads from the Islamic section was pushed to Frontpage, which to me is progress in the right direction.undecided
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 10:20pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A thread was created just last week to call that to the attention of Nairaland. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7125140/what-point-pushing-topics-restrictions

And I happen to notice today that[b] very few restricted threads from the Islamic section was pushed to Frontpage[/b], which to me is progress in the right direction.undecided
It was just 2... 2 threads were pushed to the FP after I boycotted the first one.... I intigated people to derail the threads to protest against the oath swearing undecided( don't know if I did the right thing tho).... "The Redline" thread was so chaotic. Insults and swearing words here and there..... And our dear NL founder even had a bit to say... The only good thing was that nobody post was deleted.... The curses flowed freely.

The second thread was boycotted too..... So I guess they(Mods and all) didn't want the violence to go on so they stopped at that 2.

On a normal Friday, it would have been 4 threads

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On May 20, 2022
Dorwadora:
It was just 2... 2 threads were pushed to the FP after I boycotted the first one.... I intigated people to derail the threads to protest against the oath swearing undecided( don't know if I did the right thing tho).... "The Redline" thread was so chaotic. Insults and swearing words here and there..... And our dear NL founder even had a bit to say... The only good thing was that nobody post was deleted.... The curses flowed freely.

The second thread was boycotted too..... So I guess they(Mods and all) didn't want the violence to go on so they stopped at that 2.

On a normal Friday, it would have been 4 threads
Ok..

I only saw the one " ....Redline" thread and so why I assumed Nairaland was finally listening. undecided

I am obviously against restricting all threads in religion section since I would like to freely engage with others without needing to first sign my soul away. I, however, understand and agree that the right to restrict or not be made available to all thread creators , at least in all of the religion section, and not to only those in Islamic subsection. undecided
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 10:48pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ok..

I only saw the one " ....Redline" thread and so why I assumed Nairaland was finally listening. undecided

I am obviously against restricting all threads in religion section since I would like to freely engage with others without needing to first sign my soul away. I, however, understand and agree that the right to restrict or not be made available to all thread creators , at least in all of the religion section, and not to only those in Islamic subsection. undecided
With your wisdom.... I kinda share the same sentiment niw with you on this matter smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by EmzyT: 8:54am On May 21, 2022
Chibuezem:
Exactly but He won't because he's busying on twitter

Begging the Platform to verify him and his Toxic and Tribalistic Nairaland smiley
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 9:03am On May 21, 2022
EmzyT:
[/b]

Begging the Platform to verify him and his Toxic and Tribalistic Nairaland smiley
We might actually see some changes on Sunday tho undecided undecided..... At least they did not delete this thread since I created it.... Maybe they might listen now....

Good morning smiley smiley smiley
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by EmzyT: 9:07am On May 21, 2022
Dorwadora:
We might actually see some changes on Sunday tho undecided undecided..... At least they did not delete this thread since I created it.... Maybe they might listen now....

Good morning smiley smiley smiley

Quite funny grin My dear, it's just a matter of time before it gets deleted. And from this sunday till the last Sunday of this year, nothing will change o grin

I created a thread similar to yours just this morning before stumbling on yours while scrolling down the Religion section of Nairaland.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 9:14am On May 21, 2022
EmzyT:

Quite funny grin My dear, it's just a matter of time before it gets deleted. And from this sunday till the last Sunday of this year, nothing will change o grin

I created a thread similar to yours just this morning before stumbling on yours while scrolling down the Religion section of Nairaland.
If there's no changes then theirs nothing they can do about the mass rebellion on the Islamic thread. People will continue to derail those thread till they have sense.
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Breadandpeppers(f): 10:32am On May 21, 2022
Dorwadora:
If there's no changes then theirs nothing they can do about the mass rebellion on the Islamic thread. People will continue to derail those thread till they have sense.
I pledge my support 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 5:46pm On May 21, 2022
As I wrote earlier, there were other measures that were tried before the Shahada was imposed on the Islam for Muslims section. One of the measures was this warning that was placed on the section (it appeared when you wanted to post on that section).

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Lots of people complained about it and as you can see here, Nairaland's admin posted on the thread and said

The notice was proposed by Christian moderators to prevent Christians and Atheists from getting themselves banned when Muslim threads make the home page. I felt it was a fantastic idea and I implemented it as soon as I could. Now if you get banned in the Muslim section, you will have no one to blame but yourself. wink

Someone asked why the same notice is not on the Christian and Atheist Forum and the admin replied

There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

Check out the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1195331/avoid-being-banned-please-ensure

That warning later became the infamous Rule 17, but Nairalanders protested against the rule and it was scrapped. The Shahada was then imposed on the section.

I'm still searching for this thread, but some Muslims complained that non-Muslims were always invading threads in the Islam for Muslims section in order to troll Muslims. They demanded that threads from the section should no longer be put on the home page. However, other Muslims stated that they get important information when threads from the section are put on the home page and that they might not have seen the threads if it was not put on the home page. A compromise was reached and it was decided that non-members would not be able to see threads from the section (even if they are on the home page).

The admin has always been bombarded by requests and complaints from Atheists, Christians and Muslims and he created this thread to tell everybody that he cannot satisfy everybody because the various groups have opposing demands.

https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 10:14am On May 22, 2022
Dorwadora, thatigboman1: This is the post that I was searching for. Luckily someone liked it this morning and that helped me to find it.

You can see the email that was sent to the admin. I saw it when the admin originally posted it on Nairaland sometime around 2008 or 2009, but it had vanished by 2013, so I had to take it from a blog. You can see the email and the admin's response to it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1284399/concerning-controversial-new-rules-nairaland/9#15638755

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 10:43am On May 22, 2022
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 4:42pm On May 22, 2022
naptu2:
This is the blog post.

https://naijatechtalk./2008/02/06/re-why-seun-may-forbid-the-discussion-of-islam-on-nairaland/
Good evening smiley smiley..... I guess it must be quite hard digging 2013 posts out? smiley.

I've wanted to mention you yesterday when you posted some of the circumstances that surrounded the oath swearing issue but I got distanced for some reason smiley.

While it now obvious that the measures and guard taken by the community leader some years ago is not okay by everyone anyone..... Who do you suggest we do?
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 5:37am On May 23, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening smiley smiley..... I guess it must be quite hard digging 2013 posts out? smiley.

I've wanted to mention you yesterday when you posted some of the circumstances that surrounded the oath swearing issue but I got distanced for some reason smiley.

While it now obvious that the measures and guard taken by the community leader some years ago is not okay by everyone anyone..... Who do you suggest we do?

I wanted to post about 2 threads since Saturday (I slept off on Saturday night while searching for one of them) but I still can't find a particular one.

1) Muslims in the Islam for Muslims section were searching for a solution to this problem. Some of them suggested that threads from that section should not be on the home page. They said that the threads always attract trolls and troublemakers when they are on the home page. Other Muslims said that the threads should continue to appear on the home page because some Muslims might not be aware of the Islam for Muslims section and putting the threads on the home page would create awareness and attract new Muslims (or new members that are Muslims) to the section.

After a lot of argument and back and forth, it was eventually decided to make home page links to threads from the Islam for Muslims section to be invisible to members, but visible to non-members. This was tried for a while and I'm not sure why it was eventually abandoned. (I am searching for the thread in which this was discussed because it is a long time ago and I might have forgotten some of the details).

2) The admin tried a lot of measures between 2008 (when he got that email) and 2014, but every measure met with protests from members. We've gone from

A)To having a single Religion Section for all members, regardless of whether they are Atheists, Christian, Muslim, adherents of African Traditional Religion, etc.

B) To creating an Islam for Muslims section.

C) To having this warning on the Islam for Muslims section: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

D) To having rule 17: 17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

E) To having the Shahada on the Islam for Muslims section: "I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

Every one of these solutions (and others too numerous to mention) have been met with protests. There are other solutions that were proposed by either members or the admin, but they were discarded because too many people were opposed to them.

The simple fact of the matter is that you will never please everyone and what ever solution you propose will be vehemently opposed by others.

For example, this thread has reminded me of 3 people. One of them is an atheist, the other is a Christian and the last one is a Muslim. These three people believe that it is their duty to provoke, attack and mock anybody that does not agree with their beliefs. The atheist is so disruptive that Nairaland's admin openly wished that the guy would leave the forum and never return. He was so bad that I had to personally take out time to punish him. The Christian was responsible for one of the most insensitive posts that I have ever seen in my life. This guy attempted to derail a thread on which people were mourning! The Muslim believed that everybody should do only what he wanted and that nobody should ever disagree with him. His fight with the admin was one of the most unbelievable threads that I have ever seen.

Tell me, how can you have a solution that would be acceptable to everybody if you have these 3 people on the forum? And there are many more people like that.

The fact is that the demands of Nairalanders are opposing and pleasing some people will always lead to you annoying some other people. Personally, I prefer things the way that they were at the beginning, but that will also annoy some people. Every solution will annoy some people.

For example, believe it or not, all the restrictions that have been placed on the Islam for Muslims section actually annoy some Muslims. They don't want any warning or restrictions on the section because they believe that these warnings and restrictions give Islam a bad name (I actually know one particular fellow that wrote that he would not post on the section as long as there are restrictions on it). Similarly, many people have proposed that there should be a separate Christian section with restrictions on it, but some Christians have protested against such an idea. Besides, the imposition of the Shahada on the Islam for Muslims section has not stopped Atheists and Christians from posting on that section and I don't believe that creating a Christian section and imposing similar restrictions on that section will stop Muslims and Atheists from posting on the section.

In frustration the admin created this thread in 2014 (please read it).
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by naptu2: 11:20am On May 23, 2022
Ishilove:

The little fucker doesn't post on Nairaland again. Or maybe he has another username

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Acidosis(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2022
Okonandmary:

Pls do, i do read all the Christian front page topic and i have never seen a muslim abusing Jesus and his disciples or Christian prophets

You're not being sensible. How do you identify a Christian or a Muslim by reading monikers?
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by kkins25(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2022
Dorwadora:
Some muslims are also guilty of that crime on christain's thread.
seun i don't see Christians dishing out threats when i go into their thread to criticize their belief.

I think it is unfair to pamper the muslims and leave the christians to feel my atheist-wrath.

I'd have you know that- La ilah ilalah bleh bleh has never prevented me nd others from commenting on the muslim thread. If you also hide muslim threads, that would be silencing the voice of muslums on the forum who mean no harm.

If i see a belief that should be critized, i do.

For example, i have broken no constitutional law when i say, "Old man Mohammed, was- evidently a war lord and never received any citations from allah"..

Since when the the criticism of philosophy and religion become a crime?

It is my right to be critical, and express freely without been abusive. Muslims claim every criticism of their belief is an infringement on their right. You and i know that that is BS.

The fact that you build a wall between my criticism and their belief in an infringement on both our rights-my right of freedom of expression and their right to be educated.

It is now your job to make it easier for us ro report defectors of the laws of Nairaland.

Make the report system accessible and the priblem of tribalism would reduce. lets say after a certain number of reports, it should get the attention of a mod. Get more mods too abeg!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Breadandpeppers(f): 12:53pm On May 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:

I pledge my support 100%
Omo 10yrs ban. But we move
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 2:00pm On May 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:

Omo 10yrs ban. But we move
Did they ban you?

I've been banned for 10 years and all my comments has been wiped off grin grin grin
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Breadandpeppers(f): 3:11pm On May 27, 2022
Dorwadora:
Did they ban you?

I've been banned for 10 years and all my comments has been wiped off grin grin grin
One Muslim mod must have done it.. I'm suspecting mukina grin grin
Re: Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. by Dorwadora(f): 3:12pm On May 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:

One Muslim mod must have done it.. I'm suspecting mukina grin grin
Eyah grin grin grin grin..... I'm so sorry because next week will be worst angry

Aluta continua grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Establishing an Ifa Temple! / The Nature/character Of Temptation. / Feast Of Trumpets, Roshhashanah, 1st Day Of Tishri & The Second Coming Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.