Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House (53464 Views)

Please I Need A Professional Marriage Counselor In Owerri / Help! I Need A Christian Marriage Counselor / Any Marriage Counselor In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by sanusianangi: 12:13pm On May 20, 2022
Kasaliola:
Good evening house... please I need your help.. if there is any marriage counselor or therapist. This could be lengthy and lot of typo... Please forgive me.. I open a new account for this.

I Am a father of two.. have been dating my wife since 2009, before we got married in 2014. But before the we got married we have been a love birds whereby everybody loves the way we cuddled ourself..

Its started in 2011 before I rented my first apartment, my parents didn't want me to marry her and her parents too, especially her big brother and sisters.. though it caused a lot of commotion then. But thank God they allowed cuz we forcefully told them we are meant for each other, I even speak bad words to my mother then, saying If I don't marry her in ur present I will marry her in her absent, those words hurt so dearly so she has to leave me and go ahead with my plans. And same thing with my wife family.

In 2012 I rented my own apartment and started living me.. I can't forget the very first day I raise my hands on her, I felt ashame of my self.. I don't care what she does or say then.. but I regretted doing so, I cried at the middle of the road cuz I don't know what came over me.

The only problem I have with her is that she swings mood. Always moody everytime and my parents noticed this when they come around and when she went to thier place..
This made me beat her plus the ways she disrespected me.. after doing this shameful thing, I will now come back to my senses and started begging her. I even beat her this Sunday.. all I want is someone to talk to on how I can stop this beating.. how I can tolerate her lifestyle... Am so mad and ashamed of my self.. if help me...

Thank you

The only advise I'll advise u is that go and meet ur mother and beg her 4giveness. I tell u u will see change I tell u.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Btruth: 12:14pm On May 20, 2022
.....my candid advice of you want to know, is let her go. Let her be. Separate from her now before it is too late. You are definitely not making that lady happy again. The only reason she is still in that marriage with you is because of her kids & the shame she will receive from her family when she leaves you.

Better think right.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Naustine(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2022
I really want to join others to blame and curse u,but I will try n hold myself. First u need to admit that something is wrong with u. U have failed as a man. The onus falls on u to hold it family together and u have failed woefully in that regard. Remember! When the centre cannot hold, everything falls apart. I do not believe in therapy anyway. I believe in self determination band willingness to get things done. Nothing came over u. I think something is eating u up withing u and it has led to frustration and now I take it out on our wife. I wonder why u lr asking why she is always moody. Do u expect a woman suffering domestic abuse to be happy? If I want to get things back... Man up. Work on urself ..take it wife out, give her a treat, get her gifts and assure her u will change.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by tmoneyu: 12:14pm On May 20, 2022
Kasaliola:
Good evening house... please I need your help.. if there is any marriage counselor or therapist. This could be lengthy and lot of typo... Please forgive me.. I open a new account for this.

I Am a father of two.. have been dating my wife since 2009, before we got married in 2014. But before the we got married we have been a love birds whereby everybody loves the way we cuddled ourself..

Its started in 2011 before I rented my first apartment, my parents didn't want me to marry her and her parents too, especially her big brother and sisters.. though it caused a lot of commotion then. But thank God they allowed cuz we forcefully told them we are meant for each other, I even speak bad words to my mother then, saying If I don't marry her in ur present I will marry her in her absent, those words hurt so dearly so she has to leave me and go ahead with my plans. And same thing with my wife family.

In 2012 I rented my own apartment and started living me.. I can't forget the very first day I raise my hands on her, I felt ashame of my self.. I don't care what she does or say then.. but I regretted doing so, I cried at the middle of the road cuz I don't know what came over me.

The only problem I have with her is that she swings mood. Always moody everytime and my parents noticed this when they come around and when she went to thier place..
This made me beat her plus the ways she disrespected me.. after doing this shameful thing, I will now come back to my senses and started begging her. I even beat her this Sunday.. all I want is someone to talk to on how I can stop this beating.. how I can tolerate her lifestyle... Am so mad and ashamed of my self.. if help me...
You are not a man, her quietness means she is thinking and depressed, guy thank your God that she is not my sister, I would have thought u a lesson u will never forget... I remembered when my cousin's husband beat her, he has been bearing her for a very long time, he beat her again and I got to know of it, I called the man that I wanted to see him that it's very urgent, he came late in the night, he sat in the Palor, I locked the whole exit doors, fight started, I beat him black and blue that night,neighbors broke the door for the man to escape to his house, in the morning as he is passing, I hailed him to the amazement of everybody, later that night I called my cousin, kneel her down and warned her never to disrespect her hubby, I told her if I ever hear of her utterances that she will chop cane, Since then till now, the guy has never raise his hand on my cousin and my cousin has never raise her voice on the man, if they have problem, the man will call me to warn my sister and I will beg him on her behalf....

Thank you
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by oluwafeolami(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2022
stacyadams:
Drop ur number..don't beat her ..if u kill her na prison be ur new home, ur children will be orphans over night....always use late singer osinachi as a case study...

Her family was against u marrying her...if u kill her, trust me they will mess u up...people who beat their wives to death never saw it coming...there brain automatically reset in Kiri Kiri...
Learn self control....assuming u kill her. One day ...u will be in person, family members will turn ur kids to house helps...now ask yourself is that the kind of future u want....

U said well, u are very, very sensible. I hope the op can take this piece of advice if he desires peace and long life in good health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by biggy4joe(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2022
It takes a weak man to hit a woman,face ur fears and call urself a weak man....
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Heavensent01(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2022
your both parents are not comfortable with you people getting married which means it was a force marriage between you duo?

I doubt if the beating will stop, someone somewhere might be manipulating peace in your family to break the marriage just to prove a point

seek spiritual cleansing because for you to realize your mistake after the deed and understanding beating her is bad, shows you don't need any counsellor

counsellor are only needed to educate people ignorance but in your own case, it's not ignorance but unconsciousness
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 20, 2022
Brb
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 20, 2022
The best way out is to seek advice from her elder brother on how to stop beating her. I'm sure and certain he has the best answer for you.

Your life will never remain the same after that day
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by usah4(m): 12:18pm On May 20, 2022
UpInTheSky:
Mr. Mayweather-wannabe, perhaps if you spend some time in jail, you will gain some sense and stop being a criminal
She has herself to blame, marrying you despite her family's disapproval, because now she probably can't run to them for help

The fact that some of you are bashing this man is not good at all, I am not in support of his acts but can you at least hear what the wife does repeatedly that makes him to use a gravitation force on her.

Mr Man if you're reading this Silence at times is the best answer, whenever she makes you angry try as much as possible to leave her presence then whenever you come back behave as if nothing hapened while you left and if possible get her something on your way back.
Whenever you return after a Quarrel just give her a hug & a kiss, if she refuses it tease her I am sure her heart is not made of stone so she will definately laugh and that will be the end of that chapter and if it continues, keep looking for different ways of making her smile and laugh after a fight (argument).
This may sound crazy but it works at times, demand for sex more during your fight days.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Westernequinox: 12:20pm On May 20, 2022
You need help and mercy from Jesus before you destroy your life and that of your family. It is a serious case, you must learn how to manage you anger.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by ibechris(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2022
KAI, with all the problem in Nigeria u still have the guts to beat your wife.

Some people no like peace at all.

The problem in the country is enough to dissuade us from doing certain things.

Just stop it and I don't think there is any other way u can do it.
Appreciate your wife whether good or bad,after all,when your parents refused to accept her,na u defend her and insisted it was she alone...then why the sudden turn around?

Use your head oh,before it would lead to stabbing one day.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Testimony1988(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2022
Jennyclay:
@kasaliola I don't blame you. I only blame your wife here.

What are some women still doing in an abusive and terrible marriage?? If you claim you're still there because of the children.. If you die through domestic violence your children would still be living thier lives comfortably.

INFACT, your children will hate you in your grave for not absconding from that abusive marriage when you had the chance because they would believe you deliberately rendered them motherless.

Just see how op is beating his wife like he's in a competition with Anthony Joshua. Nawa oo!!

violence against women should be condemned by all means and women should stop believing that a man is going to change. HE CAN NEVER CHANGE!!

I wonder why a man would raise his hands and hit a woman he claims to LOVE. I wish moderators could push this thread to crime section because this man will kill his wife any moment from now oo!!

May God help us all.
He needs help, better still keep praying for him to change.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by tctrills: 12:20pm On May 20, 2022
You realize that you need help, that's the first step in recovery. Next, you need to set goals for yourself. Rather than beat her, what else could you do whenever she offends? watch your progress and continue to improve.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Camfoodsinhouse(f): 12:21pm On May 20, 2022
shocked shocked you need to surrender to JESUS and watch how happy your marriage will be.
Meanwhile I am sure plug for fresh crunchy cereals and beverages in paint bucket measurements I sell both wholesale and retail.
Homemade spices and seasonings with zero MSG, preservatives and additives.
Location ketu Alapere Lagos.

Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Testimony1988(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2022
Meet your church marriage committee if you are a Christian for them to counsel you and your wife.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by marosmart(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2022
For you to ask help really means you are willing to accept one
I'm not married but that doesn't mean I can't advice you
After beating her did her mood swings change and did you feel better?
no I guess
*You hate yourself for beating
*She hate you for beating her
*Your children will hate you for beating their mother
*The society hate you for beating your wife
You beating her has changed nothing you need to ask her what's really bothering to make her have mood swing,if you can't tolerate her mood swing and You're not ready to help her find solution to her problem break up before you kill someone daughter
End marriage is not end of life

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Abas01: 12:22pm On May 20, 2022
The road to improvement begins with identifying the fault… you sound remorseful meaning you know what you are doing is bad.. that’s a positive sign… secondly you have to understand that your wife could be going through stuff you haven’t made her comfortable enough to relate with you.. try finding out what the problem is.. you have to be patient with her.. when next you have the urge to beat her.. take a deep breath.. count down from 10-0.. repeatedly.. so your temper can be stabilized.. also remember how you feel about other people that beat their spouse.. it irritates you I guess? Have a decent conversation with wifey.. take her out.. relieve those good old days you guys were dating.. could be what she is missing that you aren’t giving her that is making her regret the marriage.. love her.. it is your duty to love your woman..
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by tctrills: 12:23pm On May 20, 2022
UpInTheSky:
Mr. Mayweather-wannabe, perhaps if you spend some time in jail, you will gain some sense and stop being a criminal
She has herself to blame, marrying you despite her family's disapproval, because now she probably can't run to them for help
You have a big problem oh. This man is opening up and telling you his problem. He is obviously trying and seeking help but you choose to be negative.
If we continue to discourage people who are seeking help how would others come out?
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Britishpea: 12:23pm On May 20, 2022
Marriage is heavier than the usual “ I want to spend the rest of my life with” we do say before the real marriage. Lasting and smooth marriage requires constant displaying of love between lovers, professing it and proper communication at all times. Quote the word ‘at all times’.

And any partner who’s always moody instead of communicating isn’t fit in this shoe. It requires high level of maturity and self discipline for the other party not to find it hard.

Grow up your mind towards her style. A lot of work huh! But you gat to do it. Don’t kill someone’s daughter.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Jennyclay(f): 12:27pm On May 20, 2022
Testimony1988:
He needs help, better still keep praying for him to change.
I'm not a prayer warrior. If he needs prayer then let him go to Cele for deliverance.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by JBoss25(m): 12:27pm On May 20, 2022
Giorgia:
Marry Nigerian men at your own peril.
you wey dey date 10 naija guys and is planning to marry the main guy mtttchew
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by ocGuy20: 12:28pm On May 20, 2022
Be careful
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Bignuell(m): 12:28pm On May 20, 2022
Look at it this way, it's more of a psychological issue, it's not your village people for now grin. Maybe you should start seeing her as the mother of your children, start seeing her as CTO of your marriage. I'd love to ask, do you have any challenges at work?? Do you have a vision you're yet to accomplish and it's making you flip the switch?? Do you have any challenge in any aspect of your life that seem undefeated?? I know this last advise my seem off but i believe or think there is a lot of built up anger and regret inside you, try getting them out. Some sport activities might help but i won't mention the name. You don't have any right to hit her, mood swings or not. I hope you resolve this quickly
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by MaryMo: 12:29pm On May 20, 2022
You are obviously not in your right senses to think such a man just needs help, he needs proper reset, let him travel to the US and do that to ANY woman.

He has done it several times with no consequences so he thinks it is alright

solochris:

It's not rubbish, he has admitted that he has a problem and he is seeking for solution. If you don't have anything to contribute that will better the situation, then shift
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Giorgia: 12:30pm On May 20, 2022
JBoss25:
you wey dey date 10 naija guys and is planning to marry the main guy mtttchew
As the example above me has displayed
Marry men at your own peril.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Blhezin(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2022
Bros u be senior man abeg...I comot cap fr u.... respet man
Richy4:
Someone recognised his shortcomings, asked for help,.. and people were insulting him... Does that really make sense in any way?

He genuinely needed help because he's tired of becoming the beast.. he wanted the beast in him tamed...He needed positive results in his marriage and wants his wife happy again.. What will the insult do to salvage the situations at hand?..

It's just like a kid that told an adult that he's tired of failing his exams..
Instead of helping the kid based on his request, The adult goes off key saying things like... How can u keep on failing,.. mathematics F, English F.. chemistry and physics F are u not tired... There are boys in your class whom u were older than, yet they were excelling...

Now, how does that help the boy?.. insulting this man will not solve anything... Show him where to go if u know... Direct him to any good therapist that u know or an anger management class organiser that you know in Nigeria... Please slow down with the insult.. he's already pissing and beaten himself up already..
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by p1jiobi: 12:32pm On May 20, 2022
I will advice you get a gun a shoot her, beating is not enough. Odeh!!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by fsarimiye: 12:32pm On May 20, 2022
Consult a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist to help you control your aggressive behaviour
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by truthCoder: 12:32pm On May 20, 2022
Kasaliola:

Thank you

A man stabbed his landlord for having an affair with his wife.

The man was convicted and sent to prison for a long time.

When he came back, the wife already had a baby for another person.

If you beat her and she dies, what would be your gain?

Put this at the back of your mind and you can change.

Beating your wife is not the solution to any issue bro. It makes you less of a man.

I dont beat kids talkless of adults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by phemmyfour: 12:33pm On May 20, 2022
Kasaliola:

Thank you
See her as yourself...anytime you beat her, you are beating yourself. Anytime anger wants to take over you....walk away. Stop letting your emotions get over you.

Respect is EARNED not DEMANDED. Also respect begat respect, show her respect and she LL respect you.
Re: I Need Help.... Marriage Counselor In The House by Testimony1988(m): 12:33pm On May 20, 2022
Jennyclay:
I'm not a prayer warrior. If he needs prayer then let him go to Cele for deliverance.
hmmmm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.