Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks (12489 Views)

From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. / CONGRATULATIONS Radautoworks!! Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by zabimaru: 3:13am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:
Wow, i came to this car talk section to search for transmission for my 08 MDX. Never knew there were others that have had bad experiences at radautoworks. I also had a bad experience last week. I will start from the beginning. This is gonna be a long one.

I came back one day and noticed my fan was still running after i turned off the engine. I checked radiator coolant and it turned out that somehow ATF fluid has gotten mixed up with the coolant in the radiator, which was causing the car to overheat.

Because i didn't want to drive the car far with that condition i took it to one local mechanic workshop close by where the guy working on it told me my radiator was bad that was why coolant leaked into the ATF compartment and the fluids mixed up. All these while transmission was shifting fine, the guy drained the bad transmission fluid and i bought a new radiator and a carton of honda ATF z1 for flushing. He said i should drive it for sometime and bring it back for more flushing. I drove the car more than 95km after that without any single issue. Only thing i was worried about was the colour of the ATF which still hasn't completely returned to normal although was much better than before. And there was pent up pressure which releases when you pull out the ATF dipstick ( like sssshhh).

So I decided to take car to "Pros" for the second flush and use that opportunity to give car proper treatment, turned out that was a mistake.
I went to radautoworks workshop(carquest) paid the fee and explained my issue. They said they were gonna take it for a test drive, me i was hungry so i went to mega chicken for breakfast, when i came back i asked how far, that was when i met mr Glenn, he said he was afraid to take it for a test drive because of the colour of the ATF, and he noticed pressure when he pulled ATF dipstick, i said i noticed it too. I explained everything to him again from the beginning, he asked if the transmission was shifting fine i said yes. he said if that's the case then all they have to do is flush and add some treatment to prevent slipping, i paid about 14k for the bottle of treatment plus other charges.
Strange to hear that the 10k diagnosis fee is deducted from charges because clearly that was not my case. Nothing was deducted angry Everything i paid was around 40k including the 10k diagnosis fee.

Anyway, after everything i picked up the car the fluid was clear, and mr Glenn assured me he test drove the car and everything was perfect, for my mind this is money well spent, i proceeded to drive home, on getting to shoprite sangotedo transmission started acting funny, In traffic it struggles to engage to first gear, and it does not go above 4th gear plus "check transmission" light popped up for the first time ever since i bought that car. I was enraged angry, I immediately put out a call to radautoworks but no answer, i assumed they've closed for the day. I just managed to drive it home slowly like that.

By the next morning my anger has calmed. I proceeded to radautoworks workshop, surprisingly transmission was shifting perfectly fine on cold start, but along the way same issues started, turned out transmission is ok when engine isnt yet very hot but after driving for sometime the wahala will start. on getting there mr Glenn said all they did was flush, but that they will check, after every they said its the transmission temp sensor (or something like that) that it was dirty but they've cleaned it and it should be fine. On driving home still same issue. na wa ooo, which kain wahala did i use my money to buy like this angry car that was driving very fine upon all the driving until it got to that workshop angry

Well to cut the story short, they suggested i replace the gear and i pay half the workmanship, na him i say make i come here confirm price first, but lo and behold there are other people with similar experiences, What the heck is going on!!!

It is well. Just take heart and cut your losses.
As it stands now, we have come to a valid conclusion that when fixing a car (whether it's at Kingsway or at Baba lati's under mango tree shed) it's all trial and error.
Even when the problem is a known one, something else that might be totally ignored might go bad in the process.
Everyone should spend money wisely, don't use half or quarter the cost of a vehicle to buy more problems.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by Crocif: 6:11am On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:
i took two different cars to Radautoworks earlier this year. [toyota sienna and ford ranger]

i had been following her on nairaland

i had meant to take the cars much much earlier, but i live in festac and Radautoworks is after lekki second gate. over 4 hours on a good day.

you may ultimately have a different experience from me, but i CANNOT recommend them

Just curious...

You seemed to have changed your mind about not recommending them from subsequent posts...what changed?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by Crocif: 6:20am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:
Wow, i came to this car talk section to search for transmission for my 08 MDX. Never knew there were others that have had bad experiences at radautoworks. I also had a bad experience last week. I will start from the beginning. This is gonna be a long one.

I came back one day and noticed my fan was still running after i turned off the engine. I checked radiator coolant and it turned out that somehow ATF fluid has gotten mixed up with the coolant in the radiator, which was causing the car to overheat.

Because i didn't want to drive the car far with that condition i took it to one local mechanic workshop close by where the guy working on it told me my radiator was bad that was why coolant leaked into the ATF compartment and the fluids mixed up. All these while transmission was shifting fine, the guy drained the bad transmission fluid and i bought a new radiator and a carton of honda ATF z1 for flushing. He said i should drive it for sometime and bring it back for more flushing. I drove the car more than 95km after that without any single issue. Only thing i was worried about was the colour of the ATF which still hasn't completely returned to normal although was much better than before. And there was pent up pressure which releases when you pull out the ATF dipstick ( like sssshhh).

So I decided to take car to "Pros" for the second flush and use that opportunity to give car proper treatment, turned out that was a mistake.
I went to radautoworks workshop(carquest) paid the fee and explained my issue. They said they were gonna take it for a test drive, me i was hungry so i went to mega chicken for breakfast, when i came back i asked how far, that was when i met mr Glenn, he said he was afraid to take it for a test drive because of the colour of the ATF, and he noticed pressure when he pulled ATF dipstick, i said i noticed it too. I explained everything to him again from the beginning, he asked if the transmission was shifting fine i said yes. he said if that's the case then all they have to do is flush and add some treatment to prevent slipping, i paid about 14k for the bottle of treatment plus other charges.
Strange to hear that the 10k diagnosis fee is deducted from charges because clearly that was not my case. Nothing was deducted angry Everything i paid was around 40k including the 10k diagnosis fee.

Anyway, after everything i picked up the car the fluid was clear, and mr Glenn assured me he test drove the car and everything was perfect, for my mind this is money well spent, i proceeded to drive home, on getting to shoprite sangotedo transmission started acting funny, In traffic it struggles to engage to first gear, and it does not go above 4th gear plus "check transmission" light popped up for the first time ever since i bought that car. I was enraged angry, I immediately put out a call to radautoworks but no answer, i assumed they've closed for the day. I just managed to drive it home slowly like that.

By the next morning my anger has calmed. I proceeded to radautoworks workshop, surprisingly transmission was shifting perfectly fine on cold start, but along the way same issues started, turned out transmission is ok when engine isnt yet very hot but after driving for sometime the wahala will start. on getting there mr Glenn said all they did was flush, but that they will check, after every they said its the transmission temp sensor (or something like that) that it was dirty but they've cleaned it and it should be fine. On driving home still same issue. na wa ooo, which kain wahala did i use my money to buy like this angry car that was driving very fine upon all the driving until it got to that workshop angry

Well to cut the story short, they suggested i replace the gear and i pay half the workmanship, na him i say make i come here confirm price first, but lo and behold there are other people with similar experiences, What the heck is going on!!!

Sincere advise: If you MUST buy another transmission do not allow Glenn do the job for you. Obviously nothing has changed in their methods.

If my experience is anything to go by, you would invest yourself (emotions), your time, and your money without any guaranty that the issue they contributed to cause would be solved. Cut your losses and get someone else to help. It is more likely that you (the customer) would be blamed at the end.

I recommend GAZZUZZ because he helped me. You can make do with anyone of your choosing but for free I tell you that it is not wise to spend top Naira for a service that is not guaranteed.

My experience is now my guide.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GloriousGbola: 7:58am On May 26, 2022
Crocif:

Just curious...

You seemed to have changed your mind about not recommending them from subsequent posts...what changed?

I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. That's all.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by biosilicon: 8:07am On May 26, 2022
Crocif:

Sincere advise: If you MUST buy another transmission do not allow Glenn do the job for you. Obviously nothing has changed in their methods.

If my experience is anything to go by, you would invest yourself (emotions), your time, and your money without any guaranty that the issue they contributed to cause would be solved. Cut your losses and get someone else to help. It is more likely that you (the customer) would be blamed at the end.

I recommend GAZZUZZ because he helped me. You can make do with anyone of your choosing but for free I tell you that it is not wise to spend top Naira for a service that is not guaranteed.

My experience is now my guide.

My brother this is a bitter lesson. I forgot to mention that on my way back the second time car completely went off in the middle of the road, turned out they did not even screw on the battery correctly. That workshop isn't worth the price they charge atall!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by biosilicon: 8:23am On May 26, 2022
sukkot:
your case is what they say when they say unless you have owned the car from brand new and have serviced the transmission periodically ? its best never to replace transmission fluid because the dirt that has collected in it over time prevents it from slipping . once you flush it thats the end of your transmission

True, But it only applies to really old transmissions that have hardly ever had the fluid replaced. Car was bought less than 5 months ago and i enquired from the yankee owner about stuff like timing belt replacement and fluid changes because i was aware of the threat they posed. He has a good service culture and replaces fluids. Car has not had any single issue since i've been driving. How come it developed gear issues after leaving radautoworks workshop.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by olumzzz(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

My brother this is a bitter lesson. I forgot to mention that on my way back the second time car completely went off in the middle of the road, turned out they did not even screw on the battery correctly. That workshop isn't worth the price they charge atall!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by aieromon(m): 8:38am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

He has a good service culture and replaces fluids. Car has not had any single issue since i've been driving.

Did you receive a copy of their diagnostic scan?

Get a second opinion and flush out whatever "treatment" was introduced into the gear box asap.

Sorry for the experience.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by sukkot: 8:38am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by nwauwa(m): 8:43am On May 26, 2022
I have taken a car for AC issue to Radauto in 2017 . I was billed 180k(excluding workmanship)for compressor and total overhaul of cooling system. I waited over 6 weeks for the parts to arrive Nigeria, took the car there and it was "fixed" and i paid for workmanship and gas(i cant remember amount)
Driving out from their shop to vgc, there was mild traffic, Ac wasnt working. I drove back to them and complained. They said it wasnt tested in traffic grin
Long story short, took the car to an Ibo guy at Abijo. He changed the whole cooling system again with tokunbo and AC is chilling till date. I ended up selling Rad's compressor to aboki for chicken change because no one else would buy it

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by jceesquare(m): 8:44am On May 26, 2022
Radautoworks needs to retrain their technicians and quality control personnel.

If they could forget to tighten something as small as the battery terminals as complained by this new case (that made the car go off while returning home), then your guess is as good as mine on how they pay attention to details on handling sensitive repairs.

It's understandable how overwhelming and difficult it could be to keep track of repair processes especially when you have several cars to work on in the workshop simultaneously, so the quality control guy should not just take cars for short test drive and certify cars okay. He should go above and beyond to test drive cars in different scenery (traffic, hard acceleration, cruising speed, bumpy roads) to replicate the situations that might cause issues with the car base on the repairs done. And when he's back at the shop, he should go over the job to ensure all bolts are tightened, all clips are well fitted, and everything is fine before informing the customer to come pick up their car.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by biosilicon: 8:47am On May 26, 2022
aieromon:

Did you receive a copy of their diagnostic scan?

Get a second opinion and flush out whatever "treatment" was introduced into the gear box asap.

Sorry for the experience.

No i dont have a copy. But i saw the scan just a bunch of codes that has to do with transmission. That's my next step, i've been seriously suspecting that stuff. But mr glenn assured me it was not the issue at all that it has been working wonders on other vehicles. just figuring out best time to drive to the mainland i dont know any other reliable workshop on the island here.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by 9icetoo(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

Let me ask you a few questions.
I am not poking holes oo, just trying to get some things clear.
1. Did you buy a new radiator or toks?
2. Did your mechanic tamper with the transmission vent hose?
3. Why did you use ATF Z1 instead of DW1?

I'm hoping others learn from this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by Itsrm(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2022
These are the ones that have a nairaland account. Only God knows how many others we don't hear about

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by Kirkman: 8:51am On May 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. That's all.
Oga you still owe us a Ford Ranger story/experience. grin we deserve to know what went down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by biosilicon: 8:52am On May 26, 2022
9icetoo:

Let me ask you a few questions.
I am not poking holes oo, just trying to get some things clear.
1. Did you buy a new radiator or toks?
2. Did your mechanic tamper with the transmission vent hose?
3. Why did you use ATF Z1 instead of DW1?

I'm hoping others learn from this.

I) bought a brand new Radiator not toks.
2) I have no idea what mechanic did or did not do, i was not looking over his shoulder when he was working, What he did is flush out the bad fluids and replace radiator. And car was driving fine until i took it to radautoworks.
3. That is what was recommended in the car manual.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by 9icetoo(m): 8:52am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

This one weak me.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by zabimaru: 8:53am On May 26, 2022
It's sad that someone will use twice the normal amount to still employ the services of a trial and error specialist.
I initially thought the "oga" that's built like a "trailer" is ASE certified?
If yes, why all these half baked jobs? Or they have started "sorting" the exams or buying "dumps"?

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by zabimaru: 8:54am On May 26, 2022
I sincerely hope this kind of specialists are not in the medical industry cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by aieromon(m): 8:55am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

No i dont have a copy. But i saw the scan just a bunch of codes that has to do with transmission. That's my next step, i've been seriously suspecting that stuff. But mr glenn assured me it was not the issue at all that it has been working wonders on other vehicles. just figuring out best time to drive to the mainland i dont know any other reliable workshop on the island here.

Your next step should be getting the result of the scan from RAD or doing a rescan some other place. Whatever fluid was put into the gearbox is damaging it slowly.

Save your transmission.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:55am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by 9icetoo(m): 8:57am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

I) bought a brand new Radiator not toks.
2) I have no idea what mechanic did or did not do, i was not looking over his shoulder when he was working, What he did is flush out the bad fluids and replace radiator. And car was driving fine until i took it to radautoworks.
3. That is what was recommended in the car manual.
Okay. You did right by 1.
On number 2, I understand if you couldn't supervise mech while he was working. I will advise you do so going forward unless workshop policy does not permit. It's usually the difference between a quality job and a rubbish job. There is a vent on the transmission, ensure it is installed properly when the new transmission is being put in.
On number 3, use ATF DW1 going forward. Fakes abound in the market. Fakes go for as cheap as 3k. Original will cost you upwards of 6k per liter.

It is unfortunate you suffered this.

Hope you get a quality service and a good trans this time around.

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GloriousGbola: 8:59am On May 26, 2022
biosilicon:

this is frankly one of the key issues with my ford - multiple things were not screwed back correctly. its is a case of every other day, you notice another loose panel.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by biosilicon: 8:59am On May 26, 2022
9icetoo:

Okay. You did right by 1.
On number 2, I understand if you couldn't supervise mech while he was working. I will advise you do so going forward unless workshop policy does not permit. It's usually the difference between a quality job and a rubbish job. There is a vent on the transmission, ensure it is installed properly when the new transmission is being put in.
On number 3, use ATF DW1 going forward. Fakes abound in the market. Fakes go for as cheap as 3k. Original will cost you upwards of 6k per liter.

It is unfortunate you suffered this.

Hope you get a quality service and a good trans this time around.

Cheers.

Thanks. Do you know where i can get the original DW1

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by sukkot: 9:01am On May 26, 2022
nwauwa:
I have taken a car for AC issue to Radauto in 2017 . I was billed 180k(excluding workmanship )for compressor and total overhaul of cooling system. I waited over 6 weeks for the parts to arrive Nigeria, took the car there and it was "fixed" and i paid for workmanship and gas(i cant remember amount)
Driving out from their shop to vgc, there was mild traffic, Ac wasnt working. I drove back to them and complained. They said it wasnt tested in traffic grin
Long story short, took the car to an Ibo guy at Abijo. He changed the whole cooling system again with tokunbo and AC is chilling till date. I ended up selling Rad's compressor to aboki for chicken change because no one else would buy it
hehe to be honest with you see me i am always looking to cut corners because you know to own car in naja is odogwu terrtory. when they bring billing for you fear go catch your bank account grin grin they can brng billing of 300k for you. anyway so collected this car from my brother that i was driving. its company car from brand new and he has been using it from brand new. so anyway the car is like 8 years old but along the way some dubous mechanic had put the ac compressor of a peugeot inside the car but my brother did not know. i just notice that when the ac is on it feels like it is too powerful for the engine. if the ac is on and the car is not moving you will just be feeling the power of the ac on the engine. anyway one day the compressor just pack up patapata and so i took it to the mobil garage at osapa london beside mr biggs the guy said new compressor and labor and they may have to change condenser too etc etc is all like 200 thousand plus. i say ok cool let me go see my kazeem to hear what he has to say about this here issue. my kazeem is on freedom way around nike art gallery. i say hey whats hattening kazeem ? how much you going to change this compressor and condenser and flush the system for me. he say oga with parts and labor i will do everything for 78 thousand shocked shocked shocked shocked i say really kazeem ? he say ' yeah '. i said ok get to work then. na so kazeem enter bike go ladipo to go buy tokunbo compressor and brand new condenser aand came back and fixed the thing and flushed out the system but he said that he thought he was going to get tokunbo condenser but couldnt find but since its brand new the total cost is no longer 78 thousand but 85 thousand. i say hey its not a problem kazeem. anyway paid the man the 85k with a little jara on top. this was 7 months ago, till today the AC is still chilling like freezer cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:01am On May 26, 2022
nwauwa:
I have taken a car for AC issue to Radauto in 2017 . I was billed 180k(excluding workmanship)for compressor and total overhaul of cooling system. I waited over 6 weeks for the parts to arrive Nigeria, took the car there and it was "fixed" and i paid for workmanship and gas(i cant remember amount)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by biosilicon: 9:02am On May 26, 2022
aieromon:

Your next step should be getting the result of the scan from RAD or doing a rescan some other place. Whatever fluid was put into the gearbox is damaging it slowly.

Save your transmission.

Abi? This is exactly my thinking. Thanks for the advice boss.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by Olufolabi: 9:03am On May 26, 2022
I hardly post here. I almost opened a thread when it happened to me too, but decided against it later. I don't know if Aunty Radu will remember my car, because I reached out to her at some point.

Had an issue with my Volkswagen Scirocco. Engine smokes and misfires. I have a brother in law who is a technician on Nairaland on the mainland. He recommended I take the car to Radautoworks because I was living right by their gate. I went there and got a long list of parts that will be used to rebuild the engine in addition to some parts I bought from Germany prior to that. I import parts for the car from Europe majorly. Of course, the bill was through the roof, brother in law said no issues as long as they did a good job, because I stayed in touch with him too throughout.

Not to bore with details, car was "completed", but apparently they could not set the timing. The big guy there suggested I buy one tool like that so they can use to set the timing and I can keep it afterwards. I felt I cannot do that since the tool is costly and I am not a technician. Brother in law doesn't have too. It just looked all wrong after everything I paid.

I eventually went to pick up my car from there with all the misfires and loss of power. I got there, and the lady at the reception insisted I must pay their balance before I be allowed to pick up my faulty car that is still faulty. After paying them over 300k for an engine rebuild for various consumables, considering that I imported majority of the parts from Europe. I was too tired by then, I just paid the money and picked my car. I lived right by their gate so I felt I can manage it home anyways.

I got home and had to reverse for the first time that evening so I can park properly, and surprise, my car doesn't go into reverse anymore. It just blinks the "R" light. I was so pissed. It was pushed into position that evening.

Rang up brother in law, blamed him for the entire mess, told him he must fix that car. The poor guy couldn't say anything. Towed the car to his place. My car is now fine, engine and transmission. Took some weeks but it is now fine. Oh! The car also stayed a long time at Radautoworks before I finally decided to pick up.

Now that I am not so pissed, I think they need to work on their process. We all learn everyday. I feel not all cars should be accepted by the workshop if you feel you cannot handle it. A few people here do that already. And I feel it's unfair to make a customer pay for repairs that are not effective.

Anyways that was my own experience. Apologies for the long read. I left out a lot of details, but it's still long anyways.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2022
Itsrm:
These are the ones that have a nairaland account. Only God knows how many others we don't hear about

1 Like

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2022
Olufolabi:
I hardly post here. I almost opened a thread when it happened to me too, but decided against it later. I don't know if Aunty Radu will remember my car, because I reached out to her at some point.

Had an issue with my Volkswagen Scirocco. Engine smokes and misfires. I have a brother in law who is a technician on Nairaland on the mainland. He recommended I take the car to Radautoworks because I was living right by their gate. I went there and got a long list of parts that will be used to rebuild the engine in addition to some parts I bought from Germany prior to that. I import parts for the car from Europe majorly. Of course, the bill was through the roof, brother in law said no issues as long as they did a good job, because I stayed in touch with him too throughout.

Not to bore with details, car was "completed", but apparently they could not set the timing. The big guy there suggested I buy one tool like that so they can use to set the timing and I can keep it afterwards. I felt I cannot do that since the tool is costly and I am not a technician. Brother in law doesn't have too. It just looked all wrong after everything I paid.

I eventually went to pick up my car from there with all the misfires and loss of power. I got there, and the lady at the reception insisted I must pay their balance before I be allowed to pick up my faulty car that is still faulty. After paying them over 300k for an engine rebuild for various consumables, considering that I imported majority of the parts from Europe. I was too tired by then, I just paid the money and picked my car. I lived right by their gate so I felt I can manage it home anyways.

I got home and had to reverse for the first time that evening so I can park properly, and surprise, my car doesn't go into reverse anymore. It just blinks the "R" light. I was so pissed. It was pushed into position that evening.

Rang up brother in law, blamed him for the entire mess, told him he must fix that car. The poor guy couldn't say anything. Towed the car to his place. My car is now fine, engine and transmission. Took some weeks but it is now fine. Oh! The car also stayed a long time at Radautoworks before I finally decided to pick up.

Now that I am not so pissed, I think they need to work on their process. We all learn everyday. I feel not all cars should be accepted by the workshop if you feel you cannot handle it. A few people here do that already. And I feel it's unfair to make a customer pay for repairs that are not effective.

Anyways that was my own experience. Apologies for the long read. I left out a lot of details, but it's still long anyways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks by nwauwa(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2022
I forgot to add, they forgot some of their tools on my bonnet. When i turned back from vgc to them, there was no parking space inside and i was asked to park outside. So i parked, opened my bonnet, lo and behold they left about 2 tools(i dont know the name but it was not spanners or screw driver) in my bonnet.
Mr Glenn came to meet me outside and when i showed him the forgotten tools he exclaimed that they were expensive.

Would i recommend them to anyone? Definitely No.

On the positive side; their jerk chicken was really good so maybe they should close the mechanic side and focus on food grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The History And Evolution Of Ford Expedition / Jeep Falls Into Gutter At Ikeja. LASEMA Rescues Driver / Nigeria, Are You Ready? Uber Launches Self-driving Cars This Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.