Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (67950 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by BePrepared: 1:47pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.

...and get paid what they can't be paid in Nigeria
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by goodheart01: 1:48pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
If it's that hard, then come home

Don’t mind the yeye man. That job is an honorable job, and a professional one at that
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by nedekid: 1:49pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

You can actually get your points across without having to insult people who are obviously older than you & doing better than you.
From how you are typing, i can obviously conclude you are still a boy who's yet to experience anything in life.
For how many years would you keep working as a laborer abroad before you get tired??
Any reasonable person would prefer a good paying job with security & retirement benefits to being a laborer for life.
And mind you, his salary of 500k is just for starters.
If his promotion comes as expected, he would be earning more than 5 million Naira in a month before retirement.
Then try to imagine how many million Naira his gratuity would be together with his pensions after retirement.
That is what is called job security & earning money without stress.
But if you still prefer to be a laborer abroad who would be cleaning windows for a living for life, then so be it.
I think the issue is when it boils down to quality of life. A lot of Nigerians abroad wount be rich, but enjoy the basic good things. Good transport, Healthcare, good food, steady electricity, brand new cars, mortgage etc. Things we don't get over here.
Ultimately, what your friend might not be able to get here are the opportunities available to his children. First class education, opportunities in sports. Talents that will prove profitable that can be harnessed because the chance is there, unlike here in naija.
As Peter Obi said in his radio interview few days ago, he entered his bank in the UK to make a deposit, bank manager asked him what he does and offered him 10k pounds without collateral to help his business. Before he left UK for naija, that bank was funding him with 7m pounds without collateral! You can never get that in naija.
According to Peter, Nigeria kills dreams.
At the rate we are going with inflation, 5m a month might not be much.
My bro in the US before he left had an investment that gave him 120k monthly. I aways sent just over $850 to him after changing the naira to dollar. Like play like play, that money started reducing until 120k became less than $250!
Omo, my bro abandoned the money!

5 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 25, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Please don't have that mentality.

500k a month is still slavery. That's less than $1000 a month.

If you skilled and earning that, its still slavery.

Too me #500k monthly is nonsense in present Nigeria, as well as 1 million monthly.
I don't know why most Nigerians focus to money to measure Quality of Life.

A country where you can earn #10million monthly yet you are unsure of your health.
U are unsure of your security.
U are unsure of your kids future.
U are unsure of government policies.
U are unsure of many stuffs.
In Nigeria success makes you a target but in diaspora success makes you buoyant & likeable.
Because your neighbors would have also become successful in their endeavors or better still comfortable.

Imagine Daddy Showkey raising his kids in same Ajegungle....
By now he would have known the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mimicle101: 1:51pm On May 25, 2022
Jamersirwin1971:

500k per month is like 300-400 euro . And you feel that’s money ?

according to google. 400 euro is 177 093,37 Nigerian Naira as at 25th 05.2022

how did you get your own rate sir
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
poor man mentality, 500k is still less than $1000 . Guys earning 800-1M monthly are leaving for abroad. My neighbor, already a bank manager left for abroad 10yrs ago, we thought he was stupid...now he's leaving large and completed the same building he struggled to get to window level when he was here
Above all his kids will most unlikely suffer same Labour market suffer he suffered in his time.
In Nigeria now, people pray to be alive first b4 looking for Food!
A Family can just be wiped out in split of seconds.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by goodheart01: 1:52pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.

Oga even a mortuary attendant over there is far better than a banker here. The money he sends down here can build him a good house.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Foodlovers: 1:52pm On May 25, 2022
God bless your hustle
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Onyeziokwu(m): 1:54pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!

Exactly... Abroad is just about your skill(s) and being properly documented.

You being a mere labourer doesn't mean that people ain't making it big down there in various sectors thus, don't discourage others please!

Only advise them to follow the right path of being properly documented.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 25, 2022
Developed nations believe in the value of work and dignity in labour.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by bigjackass: 1:56pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
Always think before saying the first thing that comes to your mindundecided. Menial jobs in Nigeria pays peanuts. As in groundnuts. Cleaners and security working naija earn 15k, 20k, 30k, etc, while their counterparts in the abroad earn thousands of dollars so you can't compare at all
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by dnawah(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

I beg come back,make I come take ur position.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by endy69: 1:56pm On May 25, 2022
mu2sa2:
No- where on earth is absolutely safe. Just yesterday an 18-year old gunned down 13 school children at their school in US. Nigerians who relocated to Ukraine are where now?
There, it happens once in a while. Nigeria nko? Come to the North or East killing is daily occurrence. Check out the number both the reported and not reported ones. Ukraine we know it is war and most Nigerians were evacuated. Here nko?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Realist12: 1:57pm On May 25, 2022
BePrepared:

...and get paid what they can't be paid in Nigeria
it's not always about the money.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Yalwayzme: 1:57pm On May 25, 2022
Keep complaining, you're lucky bubu government didn't format your Brian/thinking.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by t2luv1: 1:59pm On May 25, 2022
abbey621:

8,000 dollars monthly, you wan steal am? Their average salary for the cleaners is about $3,000 to 3,500 monthly and that is peanuts when you factor in bills and taxes. What you are referring to are the technicians not the cleaners and even then the average salary is still about $6000.

No he's not lying average high school warehouse picker with no freaking experience makes $20/Hour. That man job is a union job trust me he makes easily $40-$50 per hour. I design/write web based business applications and I have been working from my house for over 2 years now. I work for myself and I have 5 fortune hundred companies as clients. My monthly billable invoice is way north of $15K. Not bad for a guy that attended Ebenezer Primary School Oke-Ado Ibadan won't you say

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by charlesm91(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
After all these RISK, one Lady go use Thigh-Parting collect all his effort! What a wonder!
I think that should be his greatest concern!
grin word!

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Harmattan123(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

Oga just go straight to Airport over there, and tell them that you want them to deport you.
Sir I bet you, you won't pay a dine.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.
what about north Africa?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by fartkay(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2022
[sup][/sup]
Timoleon:
No mind am.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by envoymedia: 2:10pm On May 25, 2022
VIDEO: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Nigerian Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Abroad Says; Shares Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xi1KsL408

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by t2luv1: 2:11pm On May 25, 2022
Originalsly:

You should take time and read what pansophist wrote earlier. We can learn a lot from people on ground... and get a better idea of what life is really like abroad. This type window cleaning job is not one anyone can just walk off the street and get... papers ... training.... and certification. This one most likely also involved being in a Union.

Below. Note... Bank Supervisor.

What makes Union job attractive to people is the retirement benefits. Monthly pay of 70% of their last pay scale as benefits plus add in Social Security to top it off free medical.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by abbey621(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2022
t2luv1:

No he's not lying average high school warehouse picker with no freaking experience makes $20/Hour. That man job is a union job trust me he makes easily $40-$50 per hour. I design/write web based business applications and I have been working from my house for over 2 years now. I work for myself and I have 5 fortune hundred companies as clients. My monthly billable invoice is way north of $15K. Not bad for a guy that attended Ebenezer Primary School Oke-Ado Ibadan won't you say

I'm not here to argue, you can check ziprecruiter or salary info online, high rise cleaners don't make more than $40,000 yearly on average, we have many Africans doing that job here in Atlanta. He's talking about a specific job that is on a paycheck, your other point is talking about freelancing/entrepreneurship, that's a different ballgame. My salary has an I.T audit manager is about $165,000 yearly after taxes but what I make from my ecommerce business in a year is twice that amount after taxes and business expenses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Ameduedwin: 2:13pm On May 25, 2022
With risk allawance join the Good pay you are here deceiving people.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mode99: 2:16pm On May 25, 2022
If you convert this guy salary or pay for this job to naira,,,you go slap this nonsense talk comot from him mouth....

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by t2luv1: 2:17pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much[b] taxation [/b]to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

Moving back to Nigeria is not the issue. The issue is the quality of life that awaits one. Everything being consider I stay my ass in Florida. Why Florida 1. No snow (warm temperature year-round) 2. No personal income tax. 3. Like going on my boat to fish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by excel101(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2022
Why you no return back?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Spiff20(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2022
Y'all should stfu and let him complain in peace. He's telling you it's not easy and you're slamming him. He should return home, return home, do you know if he has transport to return? Do you know the taxes he pays?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by t2luv1: 2:22pm On May 25, 2022
abbey621:

I'm not here to argue, you can check ziprecruiter or salary info online, high rise cleaners don't make more than $40,000 yearly on average, we have many Africans doing that job here in Atlanta. He's talking about a specific job that is on a paycheck, your other point is talking about freelancing/entrepreneurship, that's a different ballgame. My salary has an I.T audit manager is about $165,000 yearly after taxes but what I make from my ecommerce business in a year is twice that amount after taxes and business expenses.

Exactly partner what makes this land of Milk and honey great is you get what you put in. $165K wasn't good enough for you and guess what you moved on to another line of work. It ain't all gloom and doom living in this earthly experiment place we all call the USA
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nauttyprof(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!

As in I just don't understand why they keep discouraging others but refused to return home. Some Nigerians here also clean high rise building facade. He can continue his job here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.