Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (67956 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Dchampion65: 2:25pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
If it's that hard, then come home

Be calming down grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 25, 2022
He just said abroad life is not easy, and bam everyone is cursing him, lol. Nigeria and the whole world life is not easy
So everyone should rest
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2022
It's not easy then come back to Nigeria he will not agree... don't forger to tell them how much u are making per hour, going to abroad for greener pastures is one of the good decisions I made... my life changed immediately I land... stop deceiving those that want to give it a try
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by cherryCola: 2:31pm On May 25, 2022
pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves nothing because they have filtered their vision to see the majority that powers society who are ordinary, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.

So do you want to become the men on rags.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 2:32pm On May 25, 2022
SIRTee15:
Nigerians are simply lazy and want to learn money without working hard for it. No wonder the country is in a mess.

Cleaning skyscraper windows earns u good pay but if u think not cut for that kind of job... they develop skills that will help u fulfil your dream career.

And that person saying 500k per month makes u a rich man in naija is simply joking. U can't even send your children to all those expensive private schools in lekki or Abuja with that salary. U will have to safe and safe to even buy a tokunbo highlander 2010.

Please repeat
"Nigerians are simply lazy and want to learn money without working hard for it. No wonder the country is in a mess."
419 and yahoo, yahoo people " we all Nigerians"
There is God
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by jclassiq(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2022
pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves nothing because they have filtered their vision to see the majority that powers society who are ordinary, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.

And even with all this sermonizing, I'm sure you still won't be found dead among the so called men that power society, even though, according to you, they are the ones everyone should aspire to be like
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2022
Mcslize:

Which rest of mind are you posting about? Pls edit and delete that statement from that post.

Where are you getting the rest of mind from? In this war torn zone called country?

Even if you are rich, there is no rest of mind in Nigeria for any one. Seems like you are not in this country and ain't aware of all the horrific happenings.
Bro, me I get rest of mind o
Not exaggerating, I can travel abroad with ease if I desire. Was chatting a friend in Canada yesterday. She had always desired for me to come over. But when I told her about some of the plans I've here in Nigeria which are the reason I'm footdragging about traveling, she advised me stay put and have a blast.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.

Mention one skyscraper building in Nigeria that employs people to clean their exterior windows?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 2:40pm On May 25, 2022
abbey621:

I'm not here to argue, you can check ziprecruiter or salary info online, high rise cleaners don't make more than $40,000 yearly on average, we have many Africans doing that job here in Atlanta. He's talking about a specific job that is on a paycheck, your other point is talking about freelancing/entrepreneurship, that's a different ballgame. My salary has an I.T audit manager is about $165,000 yearly after taxes but what I make from my ecommerce business in a year is twice that amount after taxes and business expenses.

is the $165K US dollars or Canadian dollars?
Are you a contractor? or work directly for your company?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by abbey621(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2022
GoodFaith:

is the $165K US dollars or Canadian dollars?

I live in the USA wetin concern me with Canada grin
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mozegee: 2:44pm On May 25, 2022
You even have time to talk to them,let them come back home.
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by snoopz: 2:44pm On May 25, 2022
You know what, let's switch positions
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by baretalk: 2:45pm On May 25, 2022
you have been seen...who send you message...notice me.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!

U no go understand.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Jamersirwin1971: 2:46pm On May 25, 2022
Mimicle101:

according to google. 400 euro is 177 093,37 Nigerian Naira as at 25th 05.2022

how did you get your own rate sir

Na google you Dey take convert ? I Dey use reality convert . Go to aboki with your 400 euros and you see how much you get
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 25, 2022
justicechichex:
The guy no want make people cm put sand sand for ehn garri over there! Well that one na em cup of tea..

How much do you think he saves doing that job?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by VenumX: 2:47pm On May 25, 2022
You think abroad is like the zoo ministry work where dem dey bring melon to peel for office because work no dey yet alert dey drop?

You must work for your pay there. No room for laziness.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 25, 2022
Wayne4uall:

Because it pays more money than good jobs here in Nigeria and you also get maximum value for your money over there

I doesn't pay much after expenses. Forget fraudsters abroad you guy look up to and think it's easy over there.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Funflipper: 2:48pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

What about insecurity? How is ih hoing to enjoy his 500k per month with 100% peace of mind? Can he drive that car from umuahia to kaduna without fear of getting robbed? Man your friend made a big mistake because Nigeria is not a functioning country.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 2:49pm On May 25, 2022
Originalsly:

You should take time and read what pansophist wrote earlier. We can learn a lot from people on ground... and get a better idea of what life is really like abroad. This type window cleaning job is not one anyone can just walk off the street and get... papers ... training.... and certification. This one most likely also involved being in a Union.

Below. Note... Bank Supervisor.
The Banking industry in the US regarding pay is very tricky
So when you start looking at position and pay be very careful
An IT supervisor or Accounting supervisor likely over $130K
There are bank job you look at the title will say VP, supervisor, Branch Manager the pay might be less than $60K
Other staffs like in IT, Audit, Accounting the lowest pay in that department will be $60k

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GoodFaith: 2:50pm On May 25, 2022
abbey621:

I live in the USA wetin concern me with Canada grin

Are you a contractor?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 25, 2022
Mcslize:

Which rest of mind are you posting about? Pls edit and delete that statement from that post.

Where are you getting the rest of mind from? In this war torn zone called country?

Even if you are rich, there is no rest of mind in Nigeria for any one. Seems like you are not in this country and ain't aware of all the horrific happenings.

There is rest of mind in many part of the country. Stop living online.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Originalsly: 2:51pm On May 25, 2022
t2luv1:

What makes Union job attractive to people is the retirement benefits. Monthly pay of 70% of their last pay scale as benefits plus add in Social Security to top it off free medical.

Union job? Good pay... job security. Non union... not much rights... no standard pay......they fire you if and when they want .
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Funflipper: 2:51pm On May 25, 2022
Thanksful:

I doesn't pay much after expenses. Forget fraudsters abroad you guy look up to and think it's easy over there.

It is not easy but you have to put in the work. Here, your destiny is in your own hands and you only have yourself to blame if you are poor.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by eddybeat12(m): 2:51pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
. Bros a country with comfort and everything put in place is far better than the shit hole he’ll fire call 9ja. Wait u still compare foreign life and here. We don’t value life’s here
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Tremple8v: 2:52pm On May 25, 2022
Idiot
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2022
Maybe we should change our location
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by winner37(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2022
Am praying that you should not have any problem that will make you to come back home...
Just be thankful to God for the opportunity because thousands are fighting for that ....
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by AnthonyAk(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2022
It’s not easy anywhere
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by baretalk: 2:54pm On May 25, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Too me #500k monthly is nonsense in present Nigeria, as well as 1 million monthly.
I don't know why most Nigerians focus to money to measure Quality of Life.

A country where you can earn #10million monthly yet you are unsure of your health.
U are unsure of your security.
U are unsure of your kids future.
U are unsure of government policies.
U are unsure of many stuffs.
In Nigeria success makes you a target but in diaspora success makes you buoyant & likeable.
Because your neighbors would have also be successful in their endeavors.

Imagine Daddy Showkey raising his kids in same Ajegungle....
By now he would have known the story.
Stop talking nonsense, Nigerians are healthier than Americans...how many Nigerians do you see falling sick anyhow, Americans fall sick cos of too much junk food. You can make money in both countries, and some people like living in Nigeria for their own reasons, a lot of people have good lives here. People die in America too, gun violence, obesity, robberies. Some Nigerians making big bucks do drugs, street, yes a few work top white collar job...but a cleaner can not earn more than 35k/40k dollars a year, you pay taxes, pay rent minimum of 6000 dollars a year in America, feed, pay insurance, pay mortgage...you still have to manage. A lot of Nigerians went to school in Nigeria, live here, and are rich. Stop generalizing.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by abbey621(m): 2:54pm On May 25, 2022
GoodFaith:

Are you a contractor?

No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.