Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (67929 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by foreshore(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

You for remain for Nigeria nah
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by eniteden(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
Am ready to replace him up there, let him come and see real hell in Niger grin.
As you said if he really hard there wetin him dey do there? undecided

ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
If it's that hard, then come home
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 25, 2022
Mcslize:

Which rest of mind are you posting about? Pls edit and delete that statement from that post.

Where are you getting the rest of mind from? In this war torn zone called country?

Even if you are rich, there is no rest of mind in Nigeria for any one. Seems like you are not in this country and ain't aware of all the horrific happenings.

Lol probably you are not yet aware "Stack Nigerians have their own different type of REST OF MIND" Nigerians are the most careless people on earth, They feign Ignorance and do not care about their fellow citizens plights or owes until It happens to them personally...

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by abbey621(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2022
awuri4:
Ask this guy the average salary of a level rope access technician cleaner in a month in USA. That guy is in loads of money. He makes well over $8000 dollars a month. That is about 4.5million in Naira.
Ask him to come back to for the same job with meager #300k per month.

8,000 dollars monthly, you wan steal am? Their average salary for the cleaners is about $3,000 to 3,500 monthly and that is peanuts when you factor in bills and taxes. What you are referring to are the technicians not the cleaners and even then the average salary is still about $6000.

4 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Originalsly: 1:33pm On May 25, 2022
Mcslize:

If you ask him whether he went back to get a degree or acquire a well sort after skill and didn't see any better job to do, he will go mute.

You should take time and read what pansophist wrote earlier. We can learn a lot from people on ground... and get a better idea of what life is really like abroad. This type window cleaning job is not one anyone can just walk off the street and get... papers ... training.... and certification. This one most likely also involved being in a Union.

Below. Note... Bank Supervisor.

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by MarkStephen130(m): 1:33pm On May 25, 2022
For my country, people do this kind of job without any safety kit. Don't receive us, let's swap b if e sure for you
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Angelfrost(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2022
Reference:
So what will he call a credible job.... sitting behind a desk bound computer... and trading in bits and bytes...
Those who ensure he gets drinking water, electric power to watch telly, and secure the streets at night equally expose themselves to mortal danger every waking day...
He should quit and rope himself into easy money and the attendant crime... since that is the natural default of the average Nigerian.
Nonsense.

The reasoning of the average educated Nigerian is immeasurably pathetic! You can just imagine.

How we think working behind a desk in a 9-5 job is what makes a good life is beyond me.

This is part of the reasons depression continues to abound from the dissatisfaction common among them.

That's why people waste time and money looking for so called high paying jobs which in their poorly educated opinion has to be 'White Collar'! All these while lucrative self employment opportunities abound before them.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by mu2sa2: 1:35pm On May 25, 2022
endy69:

Till you become victim of insecurity
No- where on earth is absolutely safe. Just yesterday an 18-year old gunned down 13 school children at their school in US. Nigerians who relocated to Ukraine are where now?

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by izubext007: 1:35pm On May 25, 2022
Can I replace you ? Please.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by eniteden(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2022
Bros. Come back o am ready to do change of name for your Papers if possible. I won replace you for that hussle, bros i beg you.
Come hussle my hussle for here.

By the time you Draw Generator Rope like 50 times per day for on and off Nepa, your life go change. undecided
God come punish you your Gen come dey grand floor while your shop dey 3rd floor u dey well for NEPA hand grin

As you on am dey 2nd floor light go come as you dey ground floor to go off Gen Light go Off again cool

Or NEPA and FUEL no come dey the same time, bros na village go dey hungry you. grin grin
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.
1. What's the value of 500k in Nigeria today and what will it be in 5 years time with emergence of another Buhari which is everly likely.

2. Is the Future of that your Friend on #500k secured in that Umuahia or Nigeria at large?.
Same kids will be subjected through Poor Educational system, poor Healthcare system, Poor Roads, Poor security, poor power supply and poor human capital development.

3. He just got a CAR grin grin... IF he were in the U.S he would have probably being on his 4th car if not 5th. Car is not a luxury in a country like the U. S., it's a necessity.

4. What's the situation of Nigeria like?
In terms of security of life & property.
I'm not saying the U. S have got no challenges but that of Nigeria is unimaginable and never quelles.

5. What about Health indices in terms of Pollution?
That Guy in Umuahia is likely not to have the best Air in the world not to talk of noise.
His Quality of LIFE will drastically diminish despite being on #500k monthly....

I have come to realise that most NIGERIANS are truly Greedy or rather most Nigerians treasure money over quality of life & welfare packages.

I will prefer to earn #300 in Naira in the US (after bills) , where I believe I will get judgement, security of life & property, peace of mind, breath of fresh air, quality agricultural products, Good roads, quality healthcare system, viable future for my unborn kids, zero noise pollution, zero air pollution, access to quality loans & grants, paid vacations, health insurance, quality government education, quality railway system, quality Airspace system, quality cars than earn even #400k in Nigeria without knowing what tomorrow will bring
My opinion though!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!

So what you're saying is, life's easy over there because he wouldn't come home?

Bruh!

Life's not easy over there...... It's just that in Nigeria, life's not just hard, it's ridiculous!

At least, if his house is burgled, the cops will respond and will almost certainly apprehend the burglar. Here, they can light a girl on fire publicly and claim the killer's escaped to Niger Republic.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Kelvinhunta: 1:36pm On May 25, 2022
Is staying in Nigeria easy? As e hard staying abroad he should come back na let's all enjoy easy Nigeria
Anitaarthur:

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.

Please don't have that mentality.

500k a month is still slavery. That's less than $1000 a month.

If you skilled and earning that, its still slavery.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by hosemujica: 1:37pm On May 25, 2022
Half of the people blasting this guy will do fraud as soon as they get abroad. If you see the number of Nigerian youths being arrested for scam and scam related crimes abroad. You will understand.

They think its a cake walk until they get there and realize that its all about pay check to pay check, crime becomes attractive.

https://gazettengr.com/over-half-of-nigerians-in-our-prisons-jailed-for-fraud-u-s-govt/

If abroad is that easy,more than half Nigerians in American jail won't be there for fraud ,they would have done legit job and get paid the large amounts they seek.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by phemmyfour: 1:38pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
He's making his money legit grin

The job is not even available here
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by pussymonger1: 1:38pm On May 25, 2022
lol come back and let another person go
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 25, 2022
Cool job
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Truvelisback(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up! If it's that hard, then come home
No matter, Naija is worser.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by phemmyfour: 1:40pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

poor man mentality, 500k is still less than $1000 . Guys earning 800-1M monthly are leaving for abroad. My neighbor, already a bank manager left for abroad 10yrs ago, we thought he was stupid...now he's leaving large and completed the same building he struggled to get to window level when he was here
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Kwestionair: 1:41pm On May 25, 2022
Karleb:

It is a very good take home, I don't doubt that but it doesn't make you rich.

You are just comfortable especially in a place like Abia or Ondo.

Do not compare Abia with ondo bros, living in abia is expensive asf. It’s not a village sir!! Try dey travel
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 25, 2022
pussymonger1:
lol come back and let another person go
grin grin grin grin
I may have to put up a thread.
I think most Nigerians are getting it wrong.
They always focus on money " SALARY ".
Most Nigerians do not truly know what welfare means at all & dey are not interested.

They just want MONEY...
Such is a proponent of Greed!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by deeva2: 1:41pm On May 25, 2022
Its not easy but he refused to come back home..
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2022
Timoleon:
Na free him Dey work? Conductor wey Dey hang bus morning till night tell am say e Dey enjoy am? We don see you sha. Face your work.

Hahahahaha, you funny man
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by 07kjb: 1:44pm On May 25, 2022
Keep deceiving the intelligent ignorants...abroad life is not easy but he is earning high in dollars,a very stingy guy
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by wonder233: 1:44pm On May 25, 2022
Tell them. See all the blockheads shouting "anything is better than Nigeria", one is writing long epistle about rags powering society to justify irrationally going abroad to slave. And many Nigerians keep saying menial jobs over there pay more than normal jobs here... They say so cos of the difference in exchange rates, now that means, you have to send the funds down here for others to enjoy, while you live in penury over there, and you can't ever come back to live in Nigeria because you wouldn't want the shame of living abroad and coming back to Nigeria
donaldking10:

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Faithfulness88: 1:45pm On May 25, 2022
Na true you talk my brother. If you can survive there others can. Thanks for sharing.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Mobolaaji(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
you really don’t know what you’re saying. Not every educated Nigerian is doing menial jobs. Many Nigerians are doing great too.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by ChristineC: 1:45pm On May 25, 2022
then go back to Nigeria.
it's a simple something.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by luckedesiri(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:
Shut the Bleep up!
......ogun kee u.......infact thunder strike ur mama and ur papa...make e no talk again because na ur papa buy fone for am.....make termite chop ur gf kpekus
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by joepepsy(m): 1:46pm On May 25, 2022
Na mouth you dey...when you land abroad na another reality.
seanwilliam:
Abi nah .

No be for mouth o, with my husling spirit , there’s no way I won’t be making 5m in the USA monthly . Since I’m going there to work , at worst I’ll be having 2m savings Every damn month except I have health challenges

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.