Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? (32280 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Born2Breed(f): 8:03pm On May 27, 2022
Anyone that humiliates you before helping you, will never help you.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2022
When you want something from anyone that don’t respect or value you just play along like a fool if you really know what you want just have this in your mind you won’t be there forever.
And once you get the secret you move don’t look back .
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Udemzy05: 8:04pm On May 27, 2022
baretalk:
who you serve?

If you want to roll with the big boys, you must bring something to the table, and your service is the only thing you got now. your cousin even nice to allow you in his house, most wont.

He does not need you, you need him, if you can't cope you know what to do.

Just tell him to just pay for apprenticeship naa.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Oceanjagaban: 8:04pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:
My younger cousin is what you will regard as a typical big boy.He drives a good car and is living large.

We haven't been in contact for a long while so I decided to get his number and call him to catch up on old times. I really wanted him to put me through his line of work so I could solve my personal issues. He invited me over to his place and I stayed there for 3 days.

Omo after the first day there,he gave me his clothes to help him wash and instructed me to clean his flat.Hmmm I did it o

He came back with his woman and didn't even mutter as much as a thank you.

He even told her I was one of those his family members 'wey no get levels'.He said it in a very spiteful and disregarding manner.This na person I senior o and he do visit us then when he was little.

I was a little pissed at that descrption and he noticed it.there are other humiliating stuff that happened that day but I don't really have strength for typing.He was just using me to shine in front of the girl.

Before I left,he told me I will need to humble myself before him unless nothing for me.

I'm thinking of going back there to apologise to him for being pissed at him.

How do you guys see it?

I really need his percuniary support to solve my personal issues.
True true you no no get level and you are less privileged...go get yourself a life.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Udemzy05: 8:05pm On May 27, 2022
Mattwillz:
Mr you fit risk am collect the gain and run after one month..no pain no gain

What if e pass 1 month?
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by ImaIma1(f): 8:05pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:
My younger cousin is what you will regard as a typical big boy.He drives a good car and is living large.

We haven't been in contact for a long while so I decided to get his number and call him to catch up on old times. I really wanted him to put me through his line of work so I could solve my personal issues. He invited me over to his place and I stayed there for 3 days.

Omo after the first day there,he gave me his clothes to help him wash and instructed me to clean his flat.Hmmm I did it o

He even told her I was one of those his family members 'wey no get levels'.He said it in a very spiteful and disregarding manner.This na person I senior o and he do visit us then when he was little.

I was a little pissed at that descrption and he noticed it.there are other humiliating stuff that happened that day but I don't really have strength for typing.He was just using me to shine in front of the girl.

Before I left,he told me I will need to humble myself before him unless nothing for me.

How do you guys see it?

Nothing should make you lose your self worth in the name of humility. How can your younger cousin turn you into his house boy just because he wants to help you. What kind of help is that?

He's not the only source that your help can come from. Free him and go make it elsewhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by GloriousGbola: 8:06pm On May 27, 2022
you are not going to get a single thing from him
the guy does not regard you at all, and he has no qualms about showing this.
move on and forget he exists

Born2Breed:
Anyone that humiliates you before helping you will never help you.
end

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Aderewah: 8:06pm On May 27, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:

Do you think you're being good to your soul This comment just shows what life is like for you. You'll soon die of sadness if you don't seek true happiness. Hating on Igbo will only masturbate your ego on Nairaland but when you look around your immediate environment, you're tormented by the reality of what life is truly like for you.

Because of this your comment, you will for like a chicken before Monday. This is a curse that will activate once you read this. Your life is already forfeit. Isee.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Enyimbamercedes: 8:07pm On May 27, 2022
God no go shame us!

Your cousin will not do anything for you considering the way he is belittling you.

The sooner you realize this the sooner you save yourself from further embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by henryobinna(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

I don't know your situation so take whatever I say for what it's worth.

You're a man, it's not every kind of gift nor aid that you must receive or accept, some would come with much worse condition than you expect. Believe me this is just the beginning, you might be unlucky afer supposedly being humble he'll only use and leave you only to say you didn't humble yourself before him. In my opinion don't go back to him to beg. mess him!

Remember my very first sentence, so whatever you choose to do, do it as an adult.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Codes151(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2022
Brother there is nothing like secret.
If it's secretive then it's illegal or fetish.

If he want to assist you he can if he can't he would use you and keep using the "humble slogan"

Btw, he might not even be doing well like you think.

So, be wise.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Herbidemmy(m): 8:09pm On May 27, 2022
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by lomprico(m): 8:09pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Have some dignity for yourself. That your cousin no be am at all.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by 07kjb: 8:10pm On May 27, 2022
Sometimes it depends on the type of person you are, naturally ur Junior cousin no suppose open mouth to tell you to wash his cloths maybe you are this type of guys when u see small change you turn to rags,as a man u should have pride to an extent.......it has started already so he ain't gonna change mehn.

Work on your self bro.don't joke with your prestige and don't lose it anyhow

5 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Extremefiles(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2022
He has nothing to offer. Move on, find your own hustle and tell him to go f himself. Open your eyes the paying hustle go show
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by edungene7: 8:10pm On May 27, 2022
OP are you a mumu man? u know see the handwriting on the wall say him just want to show u levels and chase you out with attitude I bet u that guy no fit show you or teach u anything

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by ghettochild(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2022
He's never gonna show u anything...
Oga free am..
He will keep using u to shine n not show the yahoo road..
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Realadey(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2022
Hmmmmm.
What I see here is worshipping of money. Never throw your dignity away because of money. There is dignity in labour brother.
Work, work and work. Forget about secret to quick money, it may lead to destruction.
Never worship money, just try to get things right, if God wants you to succeed through him, there is no need for u to become his slave. You should rise up to the challenges u are facing, what if he doesn't even welcome u at all to his house, will u kill yourself?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by zedegit: 8:16pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

God punish poverty. See Ekuke dishing you shit left, right and center and you want to go apologise for being offended?

God punish poverty again.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by PericomaNwankwo: 8:16pm On May 27, 2022
Aderewah:

Because of this your comment, you will for like a chicken before Monday. This is a curse that will activate once you read this. Your life is already forfeit. Isee.

Thanks for confirming my judgement of you.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by tyinfinity: 8:18pm On May 27, 2022
Don't go there again.you can become a millionaire only through God'connection .if he call you.let him know that you rely on God

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Focusmind: 8:19pm On May 27, 2022
Oga, if serving him would enable you get what you want to progress, please serve him with all humility and respect. Dont mind what people are saying. I had one guy then with Trans ocean oil and gas then, 26 years of age and had one of his distance relatives of his that was about 31 years, living with him and learning Oracle at IIT, Ikeja. His senior cousin literally worshiped him and respected him, washed his car and went on errands for him. The Trans-ocean guy paid for that his cousin's one year masters in Computer science at the University of Birmingham, UK because of his dedication and seriousness with his IT study. The cousin later moved to Canada and completed his PhD in Immersive technology. He is doing very well now, more than the Trans ocean guy that helped him, whose company later left Nigeria and he started struggling somehow.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Ikea81: 8:21pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Bleep him. Them go soon arrest am
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by zedegit: 8:22pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Such a person won't hesitate to use you for ritual if needed. Run while you may.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Ajilenu: 8:22pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

how old are you?
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by baretalk: 8:22pm On May 27, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

One of the likes of his cousin bro spotted.
And for him bringing something to the table that's true. But life no suppose hard like that. It cost nothing to be kind.
Reality is hard for lazy people to swallow.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by jimmychang: 8:23pm On May 27, 2022
He disgraced you in front of his girlfriend or whatever nawa ooh!!!!.Which kind money e get wey dey make am see person finish.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Spiff20(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2022
Op forget that guy and hustle on your own.
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by eventainment(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2022
which work he want teach you
Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by ERCROSS(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

I expected him to treat me with some decency bro.I'm his cousin bro and we were kinda close when we were kids.He occasionally visited us with his mom.

Broh, that man ain't gon' teach you shit. He doesn't see you as someone he can help. If he does, he won't see you as someone he should spite.

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by Mendy101: 8:25pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Please don't go back, such person won't help you in life, go down on your knees and cry to your creator things will get better, never you self yourself short

1 Like

Re: Should I Humble Myself Before My Cousin? by geosegun(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2022
MrOjay1:

How do you guys see it?

Go and find help somewhere else if You don’t want to ridicule yourself further. I can bet he did it intentionally. You only know he exists after you know that he has made it- your attitude is type of a typical user. He knew that and intentionally wanted to treat you as such. You are simply a user too.

This is a lesson for everyone, that irrespective of someone’s position, in as smush as you have relationships with such people, it is always good to check on them wether they are doing well or not. I am positive, if you have added positive values to him in the past he would not dare treat you this way.

Most Nigerians will only know you exist once they know you have something to offer, otherwise, you are on your own. If you have any iota of shame/ pride, you should not go back there. Man up and face your life. You will make it afterwards. Lesson learnt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.