Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job (44867 Views)

15yr Old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide because Her Boyfriend Broke Up Wit Her(photo / “my Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Asked Him To Do This Before S*x” – Girl / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by AntiWailer: 9:52am On Jun 03, 2022
Congrats.

God just saved you from an 1diot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 03, 2022
Stupid story..

How this one wan help our country now?

Mumu everywhere
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by olas24u(f): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2022
Terrible man, do not listen to him
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Onyi22(f): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2022
You should be Rejoicing n celebrating nah, unless u wanted him to milk you dry
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by fykes(m): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2022
Isn't it too early for this kind story abeg.
I'm tired of my bf, my gf matter.
As dollar is making for N650 people are talking about office romance in 2022
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Honestfrend: 9:55am On Jun 03, 2022
Hmm.. Ur bf is not serious..
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Lepon02: 9:56am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?

Move on.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by adecz: 9:56am On Jun 03, 2022
Best forget about him if he can't
cope with your progress. It's a sign of
Insecurity & lack of confidence.❌❌

Such guys are vindictive in nature
& his true colors will manifest later.

Thank your God for exposing him
and move on.☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️

⏩⏩But on the other hand, don't get
overambitious to the level that you later
become a very successful career woman
with no husband. Very successful single
women scare most men, except those
coming into your life to take advantage of
you. ❌❌❌

Many of such women full Nigerian
cities .... big job, big pay, big house, big cars
but no husband, all because of decisions
taken at critical junctions of their lives.

Life is all about balance ⚖️ and give and take.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Parachoko: 9:57am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

I hope you won't ruin your career because of him.

Please go for one of the well paying jobs abeg. If he no do again, you will see someone else.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by imagrg(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2022
Your ambition comes first, lady. I wish I have someone like you.
Go get the top job and let him cry.
There are so many fishes in the sky as there are so many stars in the ocean. Abi I high?

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Timmybr: 9:57am On Jun 03, 2022
His house rent he's struggling to pay, before taking care of you speaks lots of volume. It's like this paying job is still not actually paying much.

You need another man asap. Chat me up, let me replace him, with a higher paying job....!���

julie90:

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by MadamExcellency: 9:57am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

I told all who care to listen that love doesn't exit any more. Don't go for Love, go for trust. Your boyfriend failed the test for trust hence move on. Your gain his loss.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 9:58am On Jun 03, 2022
He is a giraffe
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Facidio: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2022
He's insecure and has an inferiority complex. He feels since u moving to a higher job u will also meet those bigger than him...
Move on with ur life and career and allow him enjoy his low life mentality

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by ImoleNaija: 9:58am On Jun 03, 2022
@Julie90, don't mind him. I would like to date you so we can both enjoy your high paying job. Mind you, I am jobless & broke.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by dreu2fine(m): 9:58am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Don't worry I have a husband for you
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

LoLz. Dude took a massive hit to his ego. If it wasn't obvious to you this man's identity is tied to being the boss over you both professionally and financially. Don't sweat it let him go, he is a small minded person, you don't need that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by naturefellow(m): 9:59am On Jun 03, 2022
That man does not love you. Lose him!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Ladymillion(f): 9:59am On Jun 03, 2022
Babe, Advance your career as much a possible now that you are single and young, a good n better man will locate you.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Plugsk(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2022
He is not jealous, he is a wise person. He knows the dangers that comes when a woman earns more than the man. undecided
julie90:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Elsueno: 10:01am On Jun 03, 2022
f ;Df

I really don't care if my wife earns more than me, or even happens to become d richest woman in d world...I would just do my responsibility to d best of my ability, if it's too low quality for her, she can add her own money & make it better...BUT SHE MUST NEVER CHEAT ON ME! , She Must COOK FOR ME WHENEVER SHE IS HOME, FREE & WELL....I would respect her & she must also respect me...

Obviously she would buy her own "expensive" hair, cosmetics etc...na only cheap ones we i can afford that I would buy once in a while

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Ejanla11(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2022
give us his contact to confirm his own side too. please, be fast about it.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by TenQ: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Flee for your life. Any man that is afraid of his wife's success will become TOXIC in the marriage relationship. The only thing that would please them is when you are body, soul, spirit, material dependent on them.

Rejoice and move forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by DaBlog: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2022
These are clear obvious signs the guy isn't interested in your progress. He is an employee just like the lady. What if he loses his job?

In other climes, if you are interested in learning how to convert your whatsapp to money making machine daily then you need to visit the link below:

https://sites.google.com/view/make-money-on-whatsapp/home

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Evergreen4(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Leave him. Come let's start dating. I'm currently single and I promise not to give you headache or stress you . Awaiting your response
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Tzar(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Abeg if you need new boyfriend, DM me abeg.
I am in need of better woman who has her own money, not one that only thinks she love you because you are an ATM.

Khoielvis:
Hmm. What money can not destroy doesn't exist !

It's not about a woman being ambitious. Those good lifestyle everyone dreams to give their kids needs money. A good amount of women who leave financial offers to cater for marriage exclusively have regrets that spans into a decade some time more.

Yes, most men believe and would like a woman to retire and attend to the home needs exclusively.

These concerns are to be mutually discussed and agreed to. However a lady should have good backup, either created by herself or the guy in question. Why? Many fell out of love after a while, and you need a solid plan to get back to should things fall apart in the future.

Just as he believes your lack of long-term loyalty depends on being fully dependent on him is also why you should also have a dependence mechanism in this case, robust financial portfolio for your own long-term safety. Both parties must have mutually created safety measures to provide safety support should things go south.

With all these said, you haven't met your true husband you will spend the rest of your life with. This one has only been taking space.

He will come back, but by then, make sure he doesn't meet you where he left you. Take very good care of yourself. Beautify yourself. Go out, meet people, and who knows, life may connect you with someone that doesn't mind being with you inspite of your dreams. To me personally,any relationship that places demand on my dreams is not up for negotiation.

Run away from people who feel and believe their happiness is dependent on your unhappiness. That's low-level wizardry
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Lekan239(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

When you start to date, do not date exclusively so you don't self assume that you met your soulmate just like that.

Start by dating inexclusively with up to 3 person's. Then discuss such issues early and watch each person's response and attitude during t hose discussions. Their response will reveal the best fit.

I've come to realize that in relationships, most people who come into our lives only come to waste time and take space. At the same time, hinder us from meeting more meaningful person's.

The same lady above would have ignored better person's while sticking with this only to meet this disappointment. Because from the onset, he was never the one, but a time waster

To move fast in thesedays where time is scarce, we must quickly identify people who only want to take space and waste our time and cut them off
lol. Funny

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Channah1:
Dont mind him he's got complex issues. Let him deal with it and get over himself.

Don't ever lose yourself worth or any great opportunity coming your way because of a man. Men are not loyal and if you dance to his tune now just because of marriage, he'll want to dominate you in that marriage and prevent you from becoming successful so you won't measure up to
him in life. That way, he can keep you as his puppet to be at his mercy forever; under his control.

He may even end up not marrying you and by then you'll have lost a one time opportunity.

Your career is your life after God. Hold on to it, let him get lost! Men are not worth sacrificing anything for. You'll only end up in regrets.

Any man with such mentality is a disaster waiting to happen and is not worth having around.
Seconded.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by SmartyPants(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

That's his own o.

Me I love ambitious women coz you will only push me to outdo you.

You get big brezz and fine bum bum in addition to the ambition?
tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by majormofor(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Choosing a career over family is a mission you will regret,
It's simple, look at ur boss n bf, is he abt to marry you and have a family with you, will he be able to take care of two kids and you without crashing.

If the above answer is Yes den you know the answer else you know the answer.

Pm me if you need more 2348146829295
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by stagger: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
OP,
The man has done you a favour. Move on and find someone else who is comfortable with your financial and career expansion. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Fvckyouall: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2022
Eprincess:
It is because of men like you that the world is still the way it is. This is the 21st century and a man is still bragging, " I can't marry a woman who is more ambitious".

It is men like you that will end up getting married to women with no ambition and when irritated, you get a divorce and start looking for an ambitious woman to marry.

What's wrong in getting married to a woman who is more ambitious, as long as you she respects you and fulfills her responsibilities as your wife.

Your mindset is weak... sorry

You are right but look from his perspective.

From what I have seen in life, women are attracted to successful men, and he is scared that the moment she becomes more successful than he is she would dump him for a richer guy. He broke up so he wouldn't get crushed when that eventually happens, in a man's world you are only loved based on what you can provide.

And don't get me wrong she was right to take the good job offer, but don't blame him for choosing a breakup over shattering his heart for someone who would dump him, he loves her that's why he did that

julie90:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

5 Things Every Woman Wants In A Guy. / Ladies Admit Using “Charm” To Get Men (Screenshots) / Never Loose A Girl With These Qualities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.