Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job (44937 Views)

15yr Old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide because Her Boyfriend Broke Up Wit Her(photo / “my Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Asked Him To Do This Before S*x” – Girl / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by jnig: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2022
I wish we can also hear from him. You may not be the innocent you your writeup portrayed. Most likely, he left because of what he knows you to be. With the tendencies he knows you have, it is better to quit early.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by slivertongue: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2022
He is just scared someone will continue where he stopped
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:04am On Jun 03, 2022
Channah1:
Dont mind him he's got complex issues. Let him deal with it and get over himself.

Don't ever lose yourself worth or any great opportunity coming your way because of a man. Men are not loyal and if you dance to his tune now just because of marriage, he'll want to dominate you in that marriage and prevent you from becoming successful so you won't measure up to
him in life. That way, he can keep you as his puppet to be at his mercy forever; under his control.

He may even end up not marrying you and by then you'll have lost a one time opportunity.

Your career is your life after God. Hold on to it, let him get lost! Men are not worth sacrificing anything for. You'll only end up in regrets.

Any man with such mentality is a disaster waiting to happen and is not worth having around.

If you are telling us the Truth o.. you have dodged a killer bullet

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Owopariola01: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?

That Man is a Simp. Go look for a better man. I love powerful couples.

Which one be I will use my money to cater for you and the children?

What is wrong with having more money, with your wife buying things for you and the kids, while you also do the same?

Well, some things are all about perspective.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by PericomaNwankwo: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

He is saving himself from future drama. It's obvious you live abroad. Haven't you read of those men that were pushed to kill their women because of situations like this? It doesn't work for most Africans. The woman is likely to become Americanized. The last one even shot his wife, the grandma and finally killed himself

He is acting from lessons he learnt. So let him be. Anyway, I'm available.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by silento(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Hshsh
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Juwohn: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2022
He is not being reasonable. You got a job with an almost similar pay meaning both of you can pull twice his salary together as a family. But him with his ego believes that you don't need a job -- taking care of you or whatever that means.

It's not a crime to be a woman, you are just dating the wrong guy. Runaway from him, even if he changes his mind later things will get worse in the future when you get promoted --by then you would be pressured to do things (resigning) to save your marriage.

julie90:

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Udemzy05: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2022
Some will say it's because some women don't really know how to handle success and before you know it,she's feeling herself and because she earns more and all that they believe you can't be easily controlled.

This is 2022 and not 1980 or so, women deserve the best too,if as a man you're not comfortable with the success of your wife/gf then you have a very big inferiority complex problem.

If you feel your wife doesn't respect you anymore because she's earning more and all that, abeg it is not a do or die affairs,I so much believe in divorce.
Divorce is not a crime,don't be fooled by those preachers.

You either end the relationship or divorce.

OP, I don't know how much you both love each other but love is never enough, you will meet someone else that understand and respect the fact that as a lady, you deserve good things too.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Rawtruth1: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

There's a Proverb that says "Okra doesn't sprout for a good soup maker"

We who have been fasting and praying for years to find a resourceful and respectful decent virtuous lady to marry haven't seen any. And look at this one getting concerned about an insecure selfish and apparently ungodly man.

This life truly isn't balanced.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Coded081(m): 10:07am On Jun 03, 2022
What makes you think is because you are about to earn as him that make him change towards you?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by KillerCrocodile: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2022
The two of you are not meant for each other...
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Sunjazy1988: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2022
Thats too bad of him
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bigpicture001: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2022
The only problem I have. With him is that he still dumped u after u are leaving his workplace... He should be. Happy u are leaving his workplace so u guyz can date. Freely...

But on the side of u earning so much compared to him... He may not be entirely wrong to end the. Relationship... Because if he doesn't you will..

Ladies value men by 100% their moneey... U will b lieing if u say u don't as a lady.. once u start to earn that much.. someone earning far far bigger than him sill start to hungry u.. den u will dump him

So to save himself from all the future trouble u Weill give him.. he needs to terminate the relationship.

He did the. Right thing sis!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by BRATISLAVA: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Any man who makes you drop your life ambitions will ruin you.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Contekbbc: 10:08am On Jun 03, 2022
I'm a man too but Nah
These are men that make women call us all sort of bad names.
Left to me, you should drop his empty ass.
It's glaring he will box you from getting opportunities and family.

Enough said
Don't give him any chance again cos he's a wizard.
You a
Deserve something better.
And lest I forget,
CONGRATULATIONS, baby girl
May you continue to excel in your life ambitions.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Salihusaliheen(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Only in the north u would see an Hausa man abstaining his wife from work or anything that will be done outside the house.her only work is too stay indoors and be doing the house chores,I think your bf is one of them
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by agabaI23(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Congratulations
He is not suitable for you. Move on
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by tobby99(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

i can fill in the blank spaces dearie. mind you i'm cute and hardworking so you won't think i came for ya money...
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Lekan239:
lol. Funny

wink
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by VanDerWaalforces: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Traplord09: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Candidlady:
God just showed you a big sign

If you like form stevie wonder cool

Never ever date a nigerian man all they wanna do is enslave you. Mentally physically spiritually emotionally and financially
Please break free from that shackle of a thing called relationship

If this kind of person give me this kind of advice lol

Na run I da.... ....

This kind person doesn't think we'll....

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by VanDerWaalforces: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Julie! Is this the kind of man you want for yourself? Only you has the answer to this question. Left to me, this is a blessing in disguise. A Big congratulations to you.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Konjiboi: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2022
He is insecure.

Thank God this happened now.

What if you both married and then you got promoted?

Will he divorce you because you made a progress in life?

My sister, go and give testimony in church, thanking God for removing a wrong person from your life.

If I were you, I won't think about the matter one bit. I tell you.

I wish you all the best in life.

God bless you.

By the way, I'm single and searching.
Make I shoot my shot. Winks! �

Just joking.

Have fun and bye for now.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
Thanks for your kind words...

You're welcome dear. Please open your heart and embrace the idea of dating again and soon. God delivered you from a bad person
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by PericomaNwankwo: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2022
Candidlady:

They are vipers

Trust any naija man at your own peril

The man sef no like the woman. She's in the relationship because she likes him. I've seen it many times, she can't even see that he is giving her Less of what true love has to offer
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Lekan239(m): 10:10am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

might be because he don't want you to leave the company he his currently managing. so seeing you daily he is rest assured you are with him always and no need to panic. That's also why he want you to choose the company closer to the company he works.

Trust me assuming the company closer to where he works is the one offering you the highest salary, he would still ask you to go for it. So it's not all about you getting same role as his. It's just him having security issues. Bcus we all know women nowadays are something else.

If you really love and want him, just talk to him and make him understand how you feel about him and assured him no matter the distance or any circumstances you will never leave him or cheat on him.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by prophetfire: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Is it now a crizme for a woman to be ambitious?
. He has inferiority complex. He is feeling insecure.
Leave him to his opinions. Move on with your life and career.
You did the right thing.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Konjiboi: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2022
VanDerWaalforces:
Julie! Is this the kind of man you want for yourself? Only you has the answer to this question. Left for me, this is a blessing in disguise. A Big congratulations to you.

Exactly what I said.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by justli: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2022
I would say it's a value miscommunication. But good thing you have an opportunity to trash the difference before marriage.

Some people would rather have a woman under them, and there is nothing bad with this, they just have to look for women who also like being under men.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by dontizzo: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2022
Please just let him! I will take good care of you, contact me on this line 09021670546. I base in Abuja, working with a financial institution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding / Ladies: Stop Saying You Were Used And Dumped / She Bagged A Degree & Became A Fiancée At The Same Time, Sparks Argument (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.