Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job (44854 Views)

15yr Old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide because Her Boyfriend Broke Up Wit Her(photo / “my Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Asked Him To Do This Before S*x” – Girl / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Chicastle: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2022
My advice is that move on there are many men available like we here
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by tonyashburton: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Leave his sorry insecure ass and move on.This is why I NEVER recommend dating at work.It leads to a lot of awkwardness if things don't work out as planned.
You should have kept your new job offers to yourself and quietly gone about the hiring process without alerting your present employers.What if you don't get hired after all?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bigpicture001: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2022
pointblank247:
Inferiority complex is his problem. Just move on

It's. Not complex. If. U understand women... This. Same lady here typing this story will dump him. On flimsy excuses when she settles with the. New job.. sh will want a man who earns far higher than him... That is how. Women think

Now ask yourself , who was her guy before sh started dating this high earning boifrend of hers.. yes.. sh be someone in the. Lower wage structure.. sh moved higher.. same way sh will also move higher with another man..

Women rate men only by what they earn.. if u don't believe this theory.. mark. My moniker.. u will. Later relate this with me in ur lifetime...

The guy did the right thing... What sh would HV done is to show the. Guy string desire sh will not change. Or dump him..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by kellexnuel(m): 10:12am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?

I smell inferiority complex at work. By now,you should have left him. He is thinking like a child, men who feel a woman should be below them.
Don't allow anyone tell you otherwise. You are dating a child, quickly leave him
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by SocialJustice: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90, congratulations on your new job. Please take the best offer and proceed. You do not need a man like that in your life. I am so proud of your decision. What field do you work in? If you do not have an MBA yet, start working towards it. When you get a job into management cadre with your MBA, you will know life just started for you. cheesy

There are men out there that are very accommodating of successful women, rare sha, the average Nigerian man, no matter his level of education is timid when it comes to spouses that earn higher but things are changing. You will still get a good guy to date.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Worksunlimited: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Move on... Better man dey for front. See babe wey be my prayer point na em 1 guy dey mumu break up with am...
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by patrykhyci: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2022

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?[/quote]
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by CanvaPro: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2022
Inferiority complex dey worry the guy sha angry

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Konjiboi: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2022
Lekan239:
might be because he don't want you to leave the company he his currently managing so seeing you daily he is rest assured you are with him always and no need to panic. That's also why he want you to choose the company closer to the company he works.

Trust me assuming the company closer to where he works is the one offering you the highest salary, he would have still ask you to go for it. So it's not all about you getting same role as his. It's just him having security issues. Bcus we all know women nowadays something else.

If you really love and want him, just talk to him and make him understand how you feel about him and assured him no matter the distance or any circumstances you will never leave him or cheat on him.

The man is insecured. Period.

If she goes back to him and marry him the same thing will happen in marriage!

In marriage he may even forbid her from working and turn her to a full-time housewife.

Or he may decide to open a business for her close to the house and kill her career prospect indirectly.

I am speaking from facts of people whose stories I know. More than twenty cases I have read of like this.

Facts don't lie. Principles never fail.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by aimalohi: 10:13am On Jun 03, 2022
Don’t worry, if he truly loves u after sometime he will come looking for u. Don’t even think of rejecting the offer because how r u sure this guy will even marry u tomorrow, then u will start regretting loosing such job opportunities for a guy who ended up not marry u. If he is real he will come back. For some men they cld behave like that initially.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by phemmyfour: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Don't mind him, his thinking is small. Who told him he won't get better offer tomorrow or get promoted with a higher package.

Money aside, he doesn't want your progress career wise. You are a threat to him already. Not a boyfriend/husband material. Your bf/hubby should be the one motivating, encouraging, supporting you financially and otherwise to reach the peak of your career.

It's dangerous having such bad energy around you. Let the relationship go! It reeks of Envy n jealousy
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by favour32(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2022
Move on nor look back.
Dat nor be ya man.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by boldsleek: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
Damnnn!!!! It’s not a Crime but Apparently, Some men do not like it when their wives or Gf got a job paying higher than his. It’s about respect of choice. Same way, if definitely you’ve had the opportunity to use iPhone 13 and your boyfriend still uses 7+, and u decided to settle for 6+ or 6s+ , it’s not that you’re stupid or some, but you just chose respect over your relationship....

Damnnnn!!! I feel his feelings
Thunder fire that his feelings.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by TheDemola: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2022
Insecurity
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Bobbiet(m): 10:15am On Jun 03, 2022
Well it's not that complicated. Since you could date him as a manager of the company on code without no one knowing, he already sees you dating the next manager codedly.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2022
Bobmarie:
You clearly don’t know what ‘dating’ means.

Thank you my dear

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by patrykhyci: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Hmmm! This one tough oh.

Considering how your guys started dating, I think his probably just feeling insecure about you working in the new job.

But on a serious note, as country hard like dis, wen people the find work na it one manchi go tell him beb make she no accept high paying job cos of him selfish interest... Omo!! Guys them dey oh!!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by LadyRosa(f): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Julie90,

God said I should tell you this,where you're going is where your true husband is.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bukatyne(f): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2022
SmartyPants:

That's his own o.

Me I love ambitious women coz you will only push me to outdo you.

You get big brezz and fine bum bum in addition to the ambition?
tongue

@bold:

Terrible mindset

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Lekan239(m): 10:20am On Jun 03, 2022
Konjiboi:

The man is insecured. Period.

If she goes back to him and marry him the same thing will happen in marriage!

In marriage he may even forbid her from working and turn her to a full-time housewife.

Or he may decide to open a business for her close to the house and kill her career prospect indirectly.

I am speaking from facts of people whose stories I know. More than twenty cases I have read of like this.

Facts don't lie. Principles never fail.
more than 20 cases. Then how sure are you the next man she would fall in love with won't be worst than the present?

It's a known fact that most career women often don't have a fulfilled home.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by SmartyPants(m): 10:20am On Jun 03, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

Terrible mindset

Why is it terrible?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Sirchiboy: 10:21am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

How much?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Chuksemi(m): 10:23am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

He doesn’t want someone who is ambitious. There is nothing wrong with that. He is just not for you. Move on, the right man that can handle your success will come and encourage you to move higher.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

When you start to date, do not date exclusively so you don't self assume that you met your soulmate just like that.

Start by dating inexclusively with up to 3 person's. Then discuss such issues early and watch each person's response and attitude during t hose discussions. Their response will reveal the best fit.

I've come to realize that in relationships, most people who come into our lives only come to waste time and take space. At the same time, hinder us from meeting more meaningful person's.

The same lady above would have ignored better person's while sticking with this only to meet this disappointment. Because from the onset, he was never the one, but a time waster

To move fast in thesedays where time is scarce, we must quickly identify people who only want to take space and waste our time and cut them off
This is a whorish advise.
If you think you are smart and you meet a smarter man, you will be at the loosing end.

If you looking for a complete human being, you will look tire

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by morok22(m): 10:23am On Jun 03, 2022
If I understand this episode, the so called boy friend of yours doesn't like any girl friend or wife that will compete with him. Being an envious man, it is better you use your head not to fall into wrong hand because of love.

Such a man doesn't like carrier woman. He wants to peg your progress. Be wise.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Mavor: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2022
Channah1:
Dont mind him he's got complex issues. Let him deal with it and get over himself.

Don't ever lose yourself worth or any great opportunity coming your way because of a man. Men are not loyal and if you dance to his tune now just because of marriage, he'll want to dominate you in that marriage and prevent you from becoming successful so you won't measure up to
him in life. That way, he can keep you as his puppet to be at his mercy forever; under his control.

He may even end up not marrying you and by then you'll have lost a one time opportunity.

Your career is your life after God. Hold on to it, let him get lost! Men are not worth sacrificing anything for. You'll only end up in regrets.

Any man with such mentality is a disaster waiting to happen and is not worth having around.
This is the kind of message you feminists dish out that is confusing woman everywhere. Anyway goodluck to her. Hope her career will keep her warm at night and take care of her in her old age.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Thanos5555: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2022
aunty i have read all your writeup.

if you were married at least, you would have said that because of your family you wont progresss in life.
but sis you guys are just fucking, thats all.

go and find one tom. boy since you have a lot of money and get married to him, while you pursue your career, jare.

is it not to born, abegiiiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by danot1030: 10:25am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Let him be, for now, he's just feeling insecure. If you still love him space, he will come back. But don't drop the job you got because of any man.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Cutehector(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2022
Ok.. I'm joining those who would say break up.. cheesy

I've not changed really cheesy

Or do you want to keep up with the rship?

Its up to you my dear. My tired is tired.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 10:25am On Jun 03, 2022
Batam:

This is a whorish advise.
If you think you are smart and you meet a smarter man, you will be at the loosing end.

If you looking for a complete human being, you will look tire

There's no complete human doesn't mean one should not marry whom one is compatible with. Receive sense

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by timilehyin01(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Everybody will keep typing and advising rubbish until u become 50 year old with no family and nothing but regrets..Don’t get me wrong ..my wife knows from day 1 that I have no problem if she’s richer Dan me..in fact I try pushing her to do more..but not all guys are d same..if he truly lives u,sit down and have a correct talk with him and let him see reason..Some of us have nonsense Egos no doubt but u neva know if Tina will wrk out if u guys don’t reason together.. working tins out with him and Humble is beta Dan jumping from frying pan to fire..The next guy may b collecting ur money and giving to side chick

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Krexpah(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2022
Maami enjoy ur new job and pay the guy no no want better thing for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Primary School Sweethearts Lara And Niyi Finally Get Married! / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Sitting Inside Car Boot / 10 Reasons Why Guys Cannot Keep Their Mouth Shut After Getting Laid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.