Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job (44925 Views)

15yr Old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide because Her Boyfriend Broke Up Wit Her(photo / “my Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Asked Him To Do This Before S*x” – Girl / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by pek(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2022
You dodged a bullet. Move on. No time to waste time.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by cedricksly: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?
your boyfriend na man witch, and an enemy of success and progress.. It you have ever thought about marrying him, this is your sign to run off, don't marry such an insecure devil.... Even if he later agrees for you to take the job, just know it is pure pretence.. And if you ever placed him as one of your reference better remove him before he spoil your name to your new employer....

NOTE : I'm a grown man saying this, so no idiot should start telling me I'm saying this because I'm female...
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Ifakiland(m): 10:26am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Most Nigerian men are just weak, thank god and be glad you didn't marry the weak man. Go to your new job and find a strong man who will stand by you
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by dnawah(m): 10:27am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

calm down, boyfriend leave, husband come.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Stallionhorse: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

I'm already in love with you, only reading your post.. How can we become friends..?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bmdmix15: 10:28am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

call me, i dey find woman like u
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by frozen70(f): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Give him time to come to terms that you are moving higher

He is just having Inferiority complex and feeling Insecured about a job that you are yet to start

If he doesn't come back just move on

Some low life men are like that
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by dochenaj: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

If you were married, it will be an entirely different thing but you are only dating.

Don't deceive yourself. Dating is as transient and ephemeral as anything can be.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2022
SmartyPants:

Why is it terrible?

It is a competitive mindset instead of a collaborative mindset.

The former kills marriages/relationships, the latter grows it.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by ZUBY77(m): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

He knows you will start sleeping with the next manager.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by eyinjuege: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2022
You dodged a bullet.
Good of youbto go for the job that would boost your career and be a stepping stone.
He probably would like am opportunity to work in same company.
He has served his purpose in your life and vice versa, I guess.
Be open minded at your new place and you'll be surprised at the various options available dating wise when you interact with people from other organisations.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by nickyj19: 10:30am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

fake story
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Miracle2020: 10:30am On Jun 03, 2022
Candidlady:
God just showed you a big sign

If you like form stevie wonder cool

Never ever date a nigerian man all they wanna do is enslave you. Mentally physically spiritually emotionally and financially
Please break free from that shackle of a thing called relationship
who is your father?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by darediamond(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

NO my dear. But you know MAJORITY of you women in general have the tendencies to become arrogantly rude and unsubmissive once you become financially Independent WHICH IS ACTUALLY NECESSARY FOR A LADY THAT CAN be called Responsible and Yes Wife Material. Infact, for a family to Run Smoothly, the Wife Must Be Financially Capable Just As The Man too.

So the benchmark is Your Character Towards Your Man. Money or No Money, Career or No Career, Will Be or Are You Trained To Be A Resonably Submissive Wife Towards Your Man??

Ladies who are lucky to have Responsible Mothers are Trained to be financially Independent, Ambitious and STILL HAVE RESPECT FOR THERE WOULD BE HUSBAND INSTILL IN THEM AS WELL.

To be submissive to Me as Your Husband for example do not mean You should accept all my wrongs towards you without lovingly correcting me. You know no one is perfect. So it is vice-versa.

CHARACTER IS THE KEY AS MARRYING A NON-SUBMISSIVE LADY AS A WIFE IS SYNONYMOUS TO SUCIDE FOR A RESPONSIBLE MAN not just a man.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by pongwa(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

move on, he doesn't want stories that touch abeg. Poor dude, he probably made the best choice for his mental state
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Manpasman: 10:32am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Pls dont mind that charlatan that is more reason he wants to marry a lady 10yrs gap so that he can manipulate the person pls move on don't look back na God save you,run run
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by samwillyco1(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Am available grin grin grin
Just contact me
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Konjiboii: 10:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Aunty you dey talk plenty, men plenty when go love you die, I for one. Infact if you are willing and capable of footing my bills and place me on allowance I no go ever reason which job you dey do.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Hezmatosky: 10:34am On Jun 03, 2022
And you began to show attitude ba?
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by michoim(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Better run for your dear life
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Perocom(m): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Complex that is inferior. Your kinds are what some.of us are looking for -- ambitious and hardworking, especially if there's an additional quality of being loyal and respectful, babe you are a GOLD that anyone should wish to mine. Pls focus, better things no dey finish, you will get what you deserve.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Miracle2020: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

what do you expect him to feel after you have open your legs wide before marriage.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by almarthins(m): 10:36am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

Once she shifts her ground agrees and gets into marriage, slavery starts inside the prison he wants to trap her. Such men fake happiness and excitement at the start, keeping their true behavior saving it for the marriage when true color becomes revealed

Huh! African men
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

There's no complete human doesn't mean one should not marry whom one is compatible with. Receive sense
You lack morals.
Boys go play you round like football and your eyes will clear
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by moralex(m): 10:38am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

My sister go and do Thanksgiving in church , God just saved you from a very bad man . This is the kind of man that will kill his wife because she bought a house of her own.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by miqos02(m): 10:39am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

that man is wicked, he doesn't deserve YOU
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by LadyTara(f): 10:39am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90

There is no love in a place that mourns your growth

Know this and know peace.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Mattwillz: 10:39am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

New ke. You'll say you don't know or apply this approach. Many ladies in the 23-28 age gap have multiples, or are advised to see multiple person's before fully settling for an exclusive relationship. There's no sin in it. Unless one is fully sure of their partner from the onset, that's when an inexclusive relationship is to be frowned at
See as u and candidbit*h just dey yarn rubbish dey call men lab rats...exclusive ko executive ni
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by tctrills: 10:39am On Jun 03, 2022
Candidlady:
God just showed you a big sign

If you like form stevie wonder cool

Never ever date a nigerian man all they wanna do is enslave you. Mentally physically spiritually emotionally and financially
Please break free from that shackle of a thing called relationship
\
See advice, 'Never date a nigerian man.'
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Mattwillz: 10:41am On Jun 03, 2022
That man knows that the probability of u Sleeping around in your new place of work is very high..

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by HARDDON: 10:42am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Jules?
Don't take this at face value; the major reason he is acting up is this: Jealousy. He met you at work and where you are to resume duty, you are going to work under/meet better paid guys over there. Besides, it's a very, very young relationship.

He fears he is on the verge of losing you and that is why he suggested that you should take the one closer so that he can still keep an eye on you, pop in once in a while and protect/mark his territory.

I don't think this is really about money nor about your ambition babes.

What you need to do is reassure him if you truly care about him. Show him where your loyalty lies. Let him feel it that nothing can change the way you feel about him.

Emotions can blind guys most times that they begin to think with your hearts instead of their heads (figuratively) especially when they seem not to have a grip on their gurls. So, he thought to himself, 'it's better I break up with her now, than she acting up and breaking up with me later' because she'd found a better dude, hence his unfortunate statement.

However, I must say that from your tone, it wasn't really a h_2_h conversation you guys had.
First one was to inform him, threw him off balance. Second one was to lay across your decision and you stuck to your guns. You haven't even assumed your new role, and he has no say in his woman's affairs? Common now, Jukes. embarassed

That is not the way you should have gone about this.
Boss lady, you simply robbed him of his balls and made him feel handicapped.

Hopefully, you see things the way they really are and find a way to resolve this before you assume your new duty and things spiral out of proportion.

Ok, bye.

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by femo86(m): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2022
My own is how many times una don knack for una office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Experiences With Sexual Enhancements / Guy Shocks Lady Who Ordered For N7k Takeaway For 2 Friends After Their 1st Date / Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.