Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,381 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job (44833 Views)

15yr Old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide because Her Boyfriend Broke Up Wit Her(photo / “my Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Asked Him To Do This Before S*x” – Girl / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 10:44am On Jun 03, 2022
Mattwillz:

See as u and candidbit*h just dey yarn rubbish dey call men lab rats...exclusive ko executive ni

Your problem. Does your existence bother me?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2022
Batam:

You lack morals.
Boys go play you round like football and your eyes will clear

You're very stvpid. I was on my own when you came with your thrash. Get lost !

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by IamMobisola(f): 10:47am On Jun 03, 2022
Candidlady:

More like having 3 lab rats. Now this is new

cheesy cheesy

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by SKINDOGGY: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2022
Weak men
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by VEHINTOLAR: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2022
Shout "Hallelujah" for God just revealed your closest enemy to you !
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Germi9: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?
I never knew men could be jealous of women,especially when they are dating,na wa oo
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Piptocoin: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2022
dominique:
You dodged a huge bullet, sever all forms of communication from that dream killer. Men like that will financially incapacitate their wives so they can misbehave and treat her anyhow.

You are just like my spokeswoman. I subscribe to this opinion in its entirety.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

You're very stvpid. I was on my own when you came with your thrash. Get lost !
You lack morals.
It is a matter of time you will cry tire and nobody will console you. Omoradarada
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Dottormentor: 10:51am On Jun 03, 2022
Call me I will marry u now
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Crvrider: 10:51am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

I think regardless of what your boy friend says his insecurity is not coming from you getting a better paying job.. nah! far from it.

Let me ask you this. Do you think he will pull up this attitude if the promotion came from within this current company that you are about to leave?

You have to consider how your relationship with him started. He feels strongly about you and he is afraid of what might happen at your new company, hence the reason he suggested you take the one closer to your old company so he can still keep an eye on you.

My advice will be to sit him down and talk to him, he needs your reassurance to quell his fears that's all.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by IamMobisola(f): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2022
Mattwillz:
That man knows that the probability of u Sleeping around in your new place of work is very high..

So she should reject an opportunity for her advancement and progress because one man is insecure?
LMAO

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by henrimoto(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2022
gaby:
I would have said to hear his side of the story before passing judgement.

However, if it is indeed as you have narrated here, I wonder what it is you are disappointed in when it is clear as day that you are dodging a missile here.

Dude is clearly a narcissist and isn't hiding this fact one bit.

This kind envy and jealousy na witchcraft own...

He doesn't deserve you....

....She doesn't Deserve Him.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by oluxy(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

I need a friend who I can build in business and expertise in all remifications of life. I need to build her to be like Ugozi Iwaele, Dora, Alikija etc.. I wish it me ur guy, I will build you to the top of your business.

Secondly, he's not inlove with you, he's only looking for who to service him in the company he works. He told you the truth to move on because he's going to pick another lady to replace you in the company again.

Remember! Birds of the same feather flocks together.... That he doesn't want.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2022
He's envy you, you don't need to have anything to do with kind of man. Because in the future you can't manage it. There is an issue going on with my neighbour she was promoted to deputy director in her work place, when she informed her husband he started behaving one kind he has left the house. He wasn't happy.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Mattwillz: 10:55am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

Your problem. Does your existence bother me?
Well,i was born to be greater than you..so i think it should
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Incognito21: 10:56am On Jun 03, 2022
He met you in office and you both started dating, well he knows quite well same thing will happen in your new found job.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by IamMobisola(f): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2022
HARDDON:

Jules?
Don't take this at face value; the major reason he is acting up is this: Jealousy. He met you at work and where you are to resume duty, you are going to work under/meet better paid guys over there. Besides, it's a very, very young relationship.

He fears he is on the verge of losing you and that is why he suggested that you should take the one closer so that he can still keep an eye on you, pop in once in a while and protect/mark his territory.

I don't think this is really about money nor about your ambition babes.

What you need to do is reassure him if you truly care about him. Show him where your loyalty lies. Let him feel it that nothing can change the way you feel about him.

Emotions can blind guys most times that they begin to think with your hearts instead of their heads (figuratively) especially when they seem not to have a grip on their gurls. So, he thought to himself, 'it's better I break up with her now, than she acting up and breaking up with me later' because she'd found a better dude, hence his unfortunate statement.

However, I must say that from your tone, it wasn't really a h_2_h conversation you guys had.
First one was to inform him, threw him off balance. Second one was to lay across your decision and you stuck to your guns. You haven't even assumed your new role, and he has no say in his woman's affairs? Common now, Jukes. embarassed

That is not the way you should have gone about this.
Boss lady, you simply robbed him of his balls and made him feel handicapped.

Hopefully, you see things the way they really are and find a way to resolve this before you assume your new duty and things spiral out of proportion.

Ok, bye.

What say does or should a man have over a woman he hasn't paid a bride price on?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

Thank him for being honest undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by adeboizy11(m): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2022
If you love your life, then go for your job without guilt or any nonsense you call feelings. Anyone who feels they can't stand when their partners earns more or same with them are retrogressive in nature. If you then end up with a man like that then your life I'm afraid is headed for destruction. Why because if such a man leaves, you have lost in double places and guess what hurts most in life?! When you refused to grow just because you want to make some people feel better.

julie90:

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by IamMobisola(f): 11:00am On Jun 03, 2022
Crvrider:

I think regardless of what your boy friend says his insecurity is not coming from you getting a better paying job.. nah! far from it.

Let me ask you this. Do you think he will pull up this attitude if the promotion came from within this current company that you are about to leave?

You have to consider how your relationship with him started. He feels strongly about you and he is afraid of what might happen at your new company, hence the reason he suggested you take the one closer to your old company so he can still keep an eye on you.

My advice will be to sit him down and talk to him, he needs your reassurance to quell his fears that's all.

He is afraid of what might happen in the new company(That spells Insecurity).
She got the two jobs and out of the two, she chose the one that was BEST for her. If her boyfriend not even Husband sef, cannot be understanding enough just because he wants to be "keeping an eye on her", then she should move on to someone better. It is a different thing if they were married, they can still sit down to discuss it but it's still a relationship and they don't live together. For a relationship that's barely three months old, he already wants to start making decisions for her and keeping an eye on her. Imagine telling her she doesn't end a high paying job because he will take care of her, what kind of statement is that?
What's the point of being in a relationship with someone you don't trust to be loyal to you.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by NoToPile: 11:02am On Jun 03, 2022
Just March 2022- This may 31st, Just thank your stars he showed you his insecurities within 2 months, not much time gone some women got to know after marriage and they got hooked.

The insecure one has gone, he's the one that broke up with you let it be.

Now with the new job

1. The faworajas will arrive,

2. Those that want a woman to be bearing their responsibilities, what they want is a woman with a good job so they won't be financially responsible. These ones are even plenty and they are on Nairaland, sieve through o.

How far a woman will go in life is a whole lot dependent on the man she marries oo. Some are dream killers, some will let you fly, some will help you fly, some will let and help you fly.

Your own man will come.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by SmartyPants(m): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2022
bukatyne:

It is a competitive mindset instead of a collaborative mindset.

The former kills marriages/relationships, the latter grows it.

True to some extent I suppose.

But my goal really is just to always be someone my special other can admire and look up to professionally. And I should rephrase my statement by saying I just find ambition extremely attractive.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:

Hahaha. Not all. Any ways her approach to dating may be the issue. Jumping into exclusive dating with eyes on marriage direct may leave on disappointed. That's why at times people should not date exclusively. But sample between people and then choose the best fit.

Na wao!

Just spill the beans and say you're supporting whoredom let's all know. Don't hide behind vocabularies. Which one is "people shouldn't date exclusively but should sample between people" again?

Woe betides he/she that takes motivation and advice on social media.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by NoToPile: 11:05am On Jun 03, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

A joke right?

Thats the mentality of lot of boys nowadays oo, ordinary phone is rattling some people.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by alizma: 11:06am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

The answer to your question are YES and NO, some women are definitely going to change the moment they can afford whatever they want by themselves in that case it is yes while in the other case where the woman is able to maintain the man's respect, it is a no.
Having said the above, you may need to dig a little into your boyfriend's past experience to know why he is acting that way. This includes having a brief knowledge of his mother and father relationship. But on your relationship with him, forget about it an move on. There is a wide gap between his perspective of what a family should look like and that of your own view.
You mentioned that he was talking about taking care of you and you don't need job of higher pay while you seems to appreciate building on your career and higher pay.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by womenareapez: 11:06am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

this vagina gender got alot of problems undecided

Just looking at the way this piece of shiit jump to conclusion immediately will shows you how useless this gender are undecided

He dumb you because of your entitlement mentality and nothing else

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 03, 2022
jogsman01:
Lol.... It's normal for bride price to be expensive, that's a way to value what we have. Maybe I can pay in installments.
Good morning

I don't believe this works for everyone. Not me at least.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by NigAmbassador: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2022
I think I need to speak to every man out there;

1. Women are our help-meet(not mate). If you find one do keep her. Never run a competition in your relationship, both couples will lose. No one wins at the end.
2. Keep grinding it out, even if she earns better than you. A good woman will always be by your side. Support your home.
3. Be a real man and avoid feeling low. She may earn better now, you too can. Just up your game and do your part.
4. A woman will always remain beautiful. Oga, remain handsome. (If you know what I mean)
5. Learn to love and live. Also, let's teach our male children same.

Thank you!
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by IamMobisola(f): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2022
womenareapez:
this vagina gender got alot of problems undecided

Just looking at the way this piece of shiit jump to conclusion immediately will shows you how useless this gender are undecided

He dumb you because of your entitlement mentality and nothing else

What has entitlement got to do with all this?
You redpillers should learn to read and understand before making comments

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by 4lorunsho(m): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Can I woo you off nairaland.... If only you're Yoruba ?

I love when everyone around me progress even more than I do because it gives me good vibes and bragging things ❤

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by spencekat(m): 11:10am On Jun 03, 2022
I don't give a damn if my spouse earns more than me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? / Beyoncé & Meghan Markle Met Publicly For The First Time (Photos) / Passionate Photo Of The Day (pic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.