Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job (44911 Views)

15yr Old Nigerian Girl Commits Suicide because Her Boyfriend Broke Up Wit Her(photo / “my Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Asked Him To Do This Before S*x” – Girl / I Want To Die... My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me, Suicidal Girl Cries (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Connected1: 11:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Are you sure if you earn more than your future husband you will give him his maximum respect.

Men value respect more than Food, if you are certain you won't change then he's totally wrong. NB: how you treat those under you goes a long way here, if he had noticed you treating them very bad then he's right and understands how most women are.

It's very rare for a woman to respect a man she's above his level.

Most guys who go for women richer than them or above their class are golddiggers.

Personally I don't admire women richer than I am, even if she's madly in love with me, I value my sanity first, who get time to dae argue about equality and gender roles.

Mtchewww.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by NickD(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

Is it now a crime for a woman to be ambitious?
Good riddance, any man who has issues with his wife or partner earning higher than him is a weakling. He doesn't have your growth or best interest at heart. Let him move. Do not look back, someone more deserving of you would come along.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by gudugudumeje: 11:14am On Jun 03, 2022
Good girl, I say you, "Big Congratulations."

To you keep your job. But learn to be humane and humble in life. Marriage to you should not be to very highest bidder. Nor high earning men but responsible men with a future and ambition plus drive to succeed.... As well maintain close relationship with friends, classmates and extended family members. Your leisure hours be used to attend relatives or, friends or,neighbours social functions... DON'T RELY ON CHURCH AND PASTORS OR, IMAMS FOR marriage partners.... With such positive attitudes and working to actualise marriage, you will get your soul mate IJMN. Amen.

God has used your promotion to reveal to you the evil he is. Even if you fall, such men will dump you. You are lucky to know he feigns....
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by cocomi2022: 11:15am On Jun 03, 2022
My dear, please run away from that man, if you mistakenly marry him , you will be stagnant for life, they are the type that so sad and mad when people around the are prospering

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bukatyne(f): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2022
NoToPile:

Thats the mentality of lot of boys nowadays oo, ordinary phone is rattling some people.

The things someone hears ehn!

The things that matters to people na wa

That's why I am very kin on people of same social class/mindset getting married.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by KelvinRukky(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2022
Never marry a man that is uncomfortable seeing a woman become successful.

Don't leave your career for any man. That's what will take care of you when he's gone.

Ladies, work on your life well before you marry him. When he owns you, you cannot make some decisions on your own. You'll need his consent before you can do some things.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 03, 2022
Khoielvis:
Hmm. What money can not destroy doesn't exist !

It's not about a woman being ambitious. Those good lifestyle everyone dreams to give their kids needs money. A good amount of women who leave financial offers to cater for marriage exclusively have regrets that spans into a decade some time more.

Yes, most men believe and would like a woman to retire and attend to the home needs exclusively.

These concerns are to be mutually discussed and agreed to. However a lady should have good backup, either created by herself or the guy in question. Why? Many fell out of love after a while, and you need a solid plan to get back to should things fall apart in the future.

Just as he believes your lack of long-term loyalty depends on being fully dependent on him is also why you should also have a dependence mechanism in this case, robust financial portfolio for your own long-term safety. Both parties must have mutually created safety measures to provide safety support should things go south.

With all these said, you haven't met your true husband you will spend the rest of your life with. This one has only been taking space.

He will come back, but by then, make sure he doesn't meet you where he left you. Take very good care of yourself. Beautify yourself. Go out, meet people, and who knows, life may connect you with someone that doesn't mind being with you inspite of your dreams. To me personally,any relationship that places demand on my dreams is not up for negotiation.

Run away from people who feel and believe their happiness is dependent on your unhappiness. That's low-level wizardry

He is an envious soul .... You don't need such a man in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by jogsman01(m): 11:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Your motive
DaveDGreat:

I don't believe this works for everyone. Not me at least.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by womenareapez: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Mikester:
I agree with him. It isn't low self esteem or whatever a pained mind chooses to term it. It is doing what you feel is right. He has his reason for leaving you. There was no love between you both in the first place. It was just casual dating which I personally deem to have no value.

I personally cannot marry a more ambitious lady because I know what marriage entails and that different minds cannot run a home successfully. Either she unites with me exclusively and follow my lead as a real woman should or she moves on. Else, why do we term ourselves as one body?

We all make decisions based on what we know and what we feel. He knows why he left you and no one here has the right to criticize him on that, besides I'm certain a lot who are criticising him here are the actual failures in the real world, hence the bitterness.
notice!
The M monikers actually criticising the guy are all Yoruba men with low self-esteem! undecided

Yoruba men tend to leash on women's wealth, but a real men will see insight in this situation and determine the future possibilities with the said op!

Paradventure them married! That op will get Demi god mentality and be telling others that she is the bread winner of the family and her husband is useless undecided

98% of career women got this mentality hence dangerous to date and not talkless of marrying
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2022
You have done the right thing take the offer and flee from this selfish soul.. ANYMAN THAT DOES NOT WANT TO SEE YOU PROSPER CAN NEVER MEAN WELL FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE....FLEEEEEE

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Mikester: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2022
womenareapez:
notice!
The M monikers actually criticising the guy are all Yoruba men with low self-esteem! undecided

Yoruba men tend to leash on women's wealth, but a real men will see insight in this situation and determine the future possibilities with the said op!

Paradventure them married! That op will get Demi god mentality and be telling others that she is the bread winner of the family and her husband is useless undecided

98% of career women got this mentality hence dangerous to date and not talkless of marrying

Glad you understand what I'm insinuating unlike some ignoramus littered here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by womenareapez: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2022
IamMobisola:

What has entitlement got to do with all this?
You redpillers should learn to read and understand before making comments
no matter how a woman is successful in her career, she will rub it on your face all the time undecided

Try and date a woman who is 5x times wealthy than you and come lets talk man to man!

Forget those guys criticizing The guy for them are all typical Yoruba leaches who leach on women!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Truvelisback(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:
I have been working for this company for two years. In December 2021, there was a change in management, a new manager was assigned to my Department. Before the change in management, I applied for some jobs in November 2021 but I didn't get any response.

Things between my new manager and I developed really quickly (he is not married and he is 10 years older than me). Although we have been working together, when he became the new manager we started dating. it was mutual, it wasn't like he forced me. We liked each other and we started dating in March 2022. We kept things professional in the office. Nobody in the office knows about this even till now.

Those companies I applied to in November 2021 reached out to me for an interview. I got two offers at the same time. Both offers come with great pay (similar to what my boyfriend currently earns) and a significant boost to my career. I spoke to my boyfriend about it and being my boss he told me to reject both offers, he told me he would be able to cater for my needs that the only commitment he has now is paying for his house and once he is done paying for it, he would have more money to take care of me and I didn't need a job where they would pay me what he's currently earning and be in a role similar to his.

I told him it's not the money but it would be about moving up the ladder in my career. These are offers people do not have, now I have two, he is asking me to reject them. He told me even if I have to move the only offer I should take is the one close to the company where we work which has a lower pay compared to the second offer. I told him I would go with the second offer which has more opportunities for me. Both offers are in the same state although my preferred offer is a bit far from where I live but it is still a reasonable location to commute everyday. At one point he told me, I was too ambitious and I took it as a compliment.

I noticed he changed since then, he informed the company management that I was leaving and we began the handover process, I noticed he changed after we had the discussion about me accepting the second offer but I thought it was about him missing me. May 31 was my last day and I noticed few days to my last day he was acting strange so I asked him what the matter was. He said he doesn't feel anything for me and we should stop seeing each other.

This is a man that was really excited when we were dating, all of a sudden doesn't feel anything for me because I got a high paying job? Is it wrong for a woman to be ambitious? When has it become a crime for a woman to aim high in her career? My role will still be to support him. I have never been rude to him and I am not going to be rude to him because we now earn the same salary. I really like him and I feel disappointed that he could act this way.

I'm yet to see the reason ur Bf broke up with u in this ur long epistle.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by zionstaar75: 11:24am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

he is an insecure man with serious inferiority complex, u should be grateful he showed his hand early. U don't need a man like that
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Aliou007(m): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2022
Chase your thing! Go for the job! Go for greatness! Be better! Great things will come your way! Better men will come your way! Don’t ever settle for less abeg !
julie90:

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Newton2024: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

It is not a crime for a woman to be ambitious. Such a unique woman is rare in our society. Thank God that you see the red light on time before he turns you to a full house wife.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by bukatyne(f): 11:26am On Jun 03, 2022
SmartyPants:

True to some extent I suppose.

1. But my goal really is just to always be someone my special other can admire and look up to professionally.

2. And I should rephrase my statement by saying I just find ambition extremely attractive.

1. If you drop the competitive mindset, there would be areas you are better than her that she can look up to you. There would also be some areas she is better than you & you would look up to her. The idea of marriage is for both of you to harness all your resources and emerge better than either of you.

2. Good. There is a way ambition makes a person looks alive.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by jaxxy(m): 11:27am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Obviously he feels offended not about the high pay bt because u didn't listen to him or his opinion bt sadly his opinion in thos particular case wasn't the best for u going by what u stated.

Give him time he will get over it and get back to his usual sef if u make him understand where u coming from with ur actions.

personally I see nothing wrong with what u have done. it will put a strain of ur relationship cos of distance bt it's left for u guys to work on creating time for ur relationship if u still have a relationship. undecided

Also a ambitious lady is ok bt overly ambitious lady can be a nightmare and headache.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by IamMobisola(f): 11:27am On Jun 03, 2022
womenareapez:
no matter how a woman is successful in her career, she will rub it on your face all the time undecided

Try and date a woman who is 5x times wealthy than you and come lets talk man to man!

Forget those guys criticizing The guy for them are all typical Yoruba leaches who leach on women!

This is not even true and you know it but because of your hate for women you won't see it.
There are lots of married women that are richer than their husbands and still didn't change or disrespect their husbands. Because you don't see it on Social media does not mean it doesn't exist. Not everyone lives a social media life where they come out and tell you that their wives are richer than them but still respect them.

We have a lot of women that are breadwinners of their home and people won't know because they respect their husbands and still play their wifely duties but they don't go online bragging about it or telling their neighbors about it. Some of them even buy cars for themselves with their own money but will tell people their husbands bought it for them so as not to bring their husband's self-esteem down.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Goldbw122(m): 11:28am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

My dear, focus on your career, a man of your world will come, just forget that man that told you will not go higher in life.. ok move higher.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by zionstaar75: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2022
womenareapez:

you're pathetic!!after I got married my suddenly started making millions. I ignored it and took it as a challenge. I fasted prayed and worked hard. Now am back on top,a man that feels threatened by a woman's success is a useless Man
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Uruanguy(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2022
There’s no way this man will be happy.
0)He feels your loyalty and love was because he’s the boss, now his no longer your boss, will lose it.
1) He doesn’t respect you because you fell cheap for him as a subordinate. He didn’t have any stress to get you laid.
2) He’s 10yrs older so he will not respect you. Respect n love goes together in relationship.
3) He feel insecure because he know the next work place you can be laid by your new boss. after all he wasn’t the only male worker at your previous work, that’s why he said you’re ambitious.
3.5) Most people judge ambitious women as potential-hoe, they can sleep with anyone to get into any position they want.
4)He’s angry that his house help is suddenly not going to be available that’s he wants you to work closer. Everybody is looking for someone to use.
5) You’re now his competition mentally, meaning he can’t trust that you will not standup for yourself some day.
6)Move on and aim higher, but don’t let the money get into your head and be discreet and you will have a genuine man not broke gold digger that will treats you the way you want/deserved to be treated.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by CHARLOE(m): 11:32am On Jun 03, 2022
julie90:

Yrs ago, a friend helped his gf got a job in a multinational with mouth watering package. Long story short, she started seeing him as below her level, broke up with him n started dating someone of her 'class' in d company. I'm guessing he didn't want to marry a woman that values her career over n above her marriage, different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by zionstaar75: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2022
bigpicture001:

It's. Not complex. If. U understand women... This. Same lady here typing this story will dump him. On flimsy excuses when she settles with the. New job.. sh will want a man who earns far higher than him... That is how. Women think

Now ask yourself , who was her guy before sh started dating this high earning boifrend of hers.. yes.. sh be someone in the. Lower wage structure.. sh moved higher.. same way sh will also move higher with another man..

Women rate men only by what they earn.. if u don't believe this theory.. mark. My moniker.. u will. Later relate this with me in ur lifetime...

The guy did the right thing... What sh would HV done is to show the. Guy string desire sh will not change. Or dump him..
I think you've been hanging around wretched women. Women are never like that. What you're describing is a runs girl believe me. U need to change the circle of women u move with. Before I married I dragged babies with several rich guys and lost only once, ironically the I lost too is 10x worse than me financially
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by jaxxy(m): 11:33am On Jun 03, 2022
bukatyne:

1. If you drop the competitive mindset, there would be areas you are better than her that she can look up to you. There would also be some areas she is better than you & you would look up to her. The idea of marriage is for both of you to harness all your resources and emerge better than either of you.

2. Good. There is a way ambition makes a person looks alive.

Competitive people can be problematic if they don't consciously make it healthy.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Connected1: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2022
zionstaar75:
you're pathetic!!after I got married my suddenly started making millions. I ignored it and took it as a challenge. I fasted prayed and worked hard. Now am back on top,a man that feels threatened by a woman's success is a useless Man
Continue deceiving her until she no longer finds a man to wife her.

There are about 20 women at where I work, 3 of them are on managerial levels while the others normal staffs and cleaners, they are all married except those 3 women on managerial levels, I mean most of them got married to guys working in the same company.

I am sure I don't need to tell you why they are still unmarried in a place where there's scarcity of women and many bachelors.

Just because you were able to meet up fast doesn't mean others would and for your to take it as a challenge means you sensed a threat was insecure like many others, you were only lucky to meet up fast else you for collect insults wey nor be your own.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by womenareapez: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2022
zionstaar75:
why did you worked as twices as hard and fast and prayed hard? undecided

Because your wife got that potential of rubbing it to your face and hence you won't want that public shame.
Now how do you feel being back at the top? undecided

Your statement literally said it all!

You are a good man kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Justhere: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2022
FORGET THAT ONE, JUST COME TO ME
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Shugargal(f): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2022
Goan celebrate this, the earlier the better. The guy is bitered and doesn't deserve to have you. Thank God he's showing himself now. Baby forget him and move fast, there's no guarantee you guys are getting married sef, my own is my own while ours is ours.
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by skillmyman(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2022
he is a loser. dump his sorry ass. you are better off without him.
a man that cannot encourage you to become the best and give you stretch goals is not want you want.
that job he is boasting about, is it his fathers company? cant he be booted out?
clown
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by Khoielvis: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Na wao!

Just spill the beans and say you're supporting whoredom let's all know. Don't hide behind vocabularies. Which one is "people shouldn't date exclusively but should sample between people" again?

Woe betides he/she that takes motivation and advice on social media.

Dating is whoredorm Abi. When your generation doesn't save intimacy for marriage that's how you define it. Go back and rediscover what dating means really
Re: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because I Got A High Paying Job by SPAMBOX7: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2022
Channah1:
Dont mind him he's got complex issues. Let him deal with it and get over himself.

Don't ever lose your selfworth or any great opportunity coming your way because of a man. Men are not loyal and if you dance to his tune now just because of marriage, he'll want to dominate you in that marriage and prevent you from becoming successful so you won't measure up to
him in life. That way, he can keep you as his puppet to be at his mercy forever; under his control.

He may even end up not marrying you and by then you'll have lost a one time opportunity.

Your career is your life after God. Hold on to it, let him get lost! Men are not worth sacrificing anything for. You'll only end up in regrets.

Any man with such mentality is a disaster waiting to happen and is not worth having around.
Women are worth sacrificing for abi? Instead of you to specify on the stupid man you here generalizing. Is your Dad a woman? Dumb.ass

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Northern Wedding Of Groom That Loves To Dance & His Shy Bride That Can't Dance / My Experiences With Sexual Enhancements / Guy Shocks Lady Who Ordered For N7k Takeaway For 2 Friends After Their 1st Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.