Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

It's OK To Question Your Beliefs - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's OK To Question Your Beliefs (5210 Views)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... / Your Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I apologize, but I'll need to end this discussion here.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the questioning of beliefs, not to prove etymologies or whether or not Yahwism is more than a belief system or not

You don’t know what etymologies are, they talk about the origin and history of the word.
What have you read prior on Semitic gods?
Do you understand this chart?

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

You don’t know what etymologies are, they talk about the origin and history of the word.
What have you read prior on Semitic gods?
Do you understand this chart?

I apologize.. but you seem to be derailing this thread.. it isn't about etymologies. It's about questioning beliefs..

If you'd like to discuss the histories of these gods, you can open up another thread and I'll be happy to join you there... But for now let's keep this one on topic.

Thanks
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I apologize.. but you seem to be derailing this thread.. it isn't about etymologies. It's about questioning beliefs..

If you'd like to discuss the histories of these gods, you can open up another thread and I'll be happy to join you there... But for now let's keep this one on topic.

Thanks

Beliefs comes from Doxa, and it means opinions.
You need to know the origin of the words you are using, even where religion comes from religare.
Most of mainstream religion comes from Abramaic gods, think

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

Beliefs comes from Doxa, and it means opinions.
You need to know the origin of the words you are using, even where religion comes from religare.
Most of mainstream religion comes from Abramaic gods, think

Thanks for your response.. but this is still not related to the topic. I will have to refrain from responding if you choose to continue derailing the tread.

Thanks
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Thanks for your response.. but this is still not related to the topic. I will have to refrain from responding if you choose to continue derailing the tread.

Thanks

You can keep living in denial.
Know the origin and history of the word you are using for better understanding.

orthoDOX from DOXA wink

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Dtruthspeaker: 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I never said the truth was related to any religion.

You related (connected) it saying
Wilgrea7:

What if the "truth" leads someone to abandon their religion?

Wilgrea7:

What of the truth makes someone an atheist?

The Truth will never do so. Atheism is born out of personal desires which is why your personal desire must be arrested so that you can see if The Purest Undefiled and Untainted Truth truly leads to atheism.
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You related (connected) it saying

The Truth will never do so. Atheism is born out of personal desires which is why your personal desire must be arrested so that you can see if The Purest Undefiled and Untainted Truth truly leads to atheism.

Yes... The truth can lead someone away from their religion... But the truth doesn't have to be another religion.

Saying the truth can never lead someone to atheism assumes you know what the truth MUST be
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Yes... The truth can lead someone away from their religion... But the truth doesn't have to be another religion.

Saying the truth can never lead someone to atheism assumes you know what the truth MUST be

So knowing the truth will lead you to be a monolatrist or pagan?
Hope you know the origin of the word “athiest “
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 4:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

So knowing the truth will lead you to be a monolatrist or pagan?
Hope you know the origin of the word “athiest “

An atheist is someone who rejects a belief in a god or gods... Is there a problem with being one?
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

An atheist is someone who rejects a belief in a god or gods... Is there a problem with being one?

God from Theos same meaning with Deus.
THEOlogy grin
Monolatry is the belief in the existence of many gods, but with the consistent worship of only one deity.

So knowing the truth can lead someone to be theist?

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

So knowing the truth can lead someone to be theist?

If the truth denotes the existence of a God, then yes.. although it would be less of theism.. since theism is the belief in a god or gods..

If knowing the truth denotes the existence of a god/gods.. then it simply becomes knowledge of a god/gods.
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

If the truth denotes the existence of a God, then yes.. although it would be less of theism.. since theism is the belief in a god or gods..

If knowing the truth denotes the existence of a god/gods.. then it simply becomes knowledge of a god/gods.

Truth lead to the existence of a deity?
And that deity probably comes from Abramaic gods in the middle east, cliche

1 Like

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Belief is from DOXA, opinions which is contrast to episteme, beliefs can’t lead to truth.
Heard of orthoDOX?

1 Like

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

You writing it as God or god makes no different, just as writing Deity and deity.
If you like put it all in capital , GOD it still comes from Theos.

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

And somehow you’ve contradicted yourself, if believing in capital G, God is less of theism. Then what’s not believing in capital G, God?
You can’t call it athiesm, since that’s for small g, god bwahahahah
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

Belief is from DOXA, opinions which is contrast to episteme, beliefs can’t lead to truth.
Heard of orthoDOX?

Do you actually read anything i post? Or are you just interested in repeating the same thing and posting the same images repeatedly?

1 Like

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Do you actually read anything i post? Or are you just interested in repeating the same thing and posting the same images repeatedly?

Are you also reading what I post?
Or you just interested in regurgitating what they told you ?
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

Are you also reading what I post?
Or you just interested in regurgitating what they told you ?

I'll say it for the last time... This thread is not about what words are gotten from where.. whether god or theos or whatever is gotten from another word is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

If you keep derailing... I'll refrain from responding
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I'll say it for the last time... This thread is not about what words are gotten from where.. whether god or theos or whatever is gotten from another word is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

If you keep derailing... I'll refrain from responding

You don’t know the origin of the words you are using and you don’t know what you are saying.
Your hypocrisy shows you are a monotheistic, with you thinking God is different from god.
Or you mean this God? grin

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

And somehow you’ve contradicted yourself, if believing in capital G, God is less of theism. Then what’s not believing in capital G, God?
You can’t call it athiesm, since that’s for small g, god bwahahahah

I used the capital G and lowercase g interchangeably.. it doesn't mean anything.

I never said believing in any of the g's is less of theism or atheism. I said theism is related to belief in a god.. you can believe in something...and you can know something.

If there's evidence for something.. it's no longer a belief.. i don't believe in gravity.. i KNOW it exists
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I used the capital G and lowercase g interchangeably.. it doesn't mean anything.

I never said believing in any of the g's is less of theism or atheism. I said theism is related to belief in a god.. you can believe in something...and you can know something.

If there's evidence for something.. it's no longer a belief.. i don't believe in gravity.. i KNOW it exists

Theism is the belief in God or Gods which comes from Theos as in THEOLOGY.
Or you mean this god?

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Believing in GOD or god or God is still Theism. Full one.

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Maynman:

Believing in GOD or god or God is still Theism. Full one.

Yes..... I see your point now. My apologies

You assumed i was talking of a different type of God when i used the capital and small g's... No

What i meant was... If the knowledge of truth shows a god or deity exists... Then you KNOW that it exists.. belief becomes irreverent... Do you understand

1 Like

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Yes... What's your point?

god comes from theos, and every theos has a theology, it can never be less of theism.
You can only claim to be a monolatrist or a monotheistic or a pagan.
Even pastors go to Christian schools to study THEOlogy.
That’s why I told you to know the origin of words you use for better understanding.
Maybe you haven’t noticed, God is a title not a person, and it comes from theos/theism, Wilgrea7

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Maynman: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Yes..... I see your point now. My apologies

You assumed i was talking of a different type of God when i used the capital and small g's... No

What i meant was... If the knowledge of truth shows a god or deity exists... Then you KNOW that it exists.. belief becomes irreverent... Do you understand

Yes and it’s not less of theism because it s written in capital letter, we saying same thing.
God is a title not a person, seems you assumed he is a person.
The moment you call anything Theos/god/deity(Title) that becomes theism. Know the origin of your words, Wilgrea7

Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Dtruthspeaker: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Without any presumptions and assumptions, I do know what the Purest Undefiled and Untainted Truth is which is why I am always willing and ready to go through the proper and valid processes of filtering and arriving at the Purest Truth again and again to show anyone that the end result is always the same as I have given and stated in the beginning.
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Without any presumptions and assumptions, I do know what the Purest Undefiled and Untainted Truth is which is why I am always willing and ready to go through the proper and valid processes of filtering and arriving at the Purest Truth again and again to show anyone that the end result is always the same as I have given and stated in the beginning.

Ok... Very interesting.

So if I may ask, what is this pure, untainted and objective truth, and what methods did you use to arrive at it?

I'm talking about objective truth in regards to religion and the existence of a god/gods
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Dtruthspeaker: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Ok... Very interesting.

So if I may ask, what is this pure, untainted and objective truth, and what methods did you use to arrive at it?

I'm talking about objective truth in regards to religion and the existence of a god/gods

Simple! Use your senses especially your eyes and brain, IN THIS WORLD, (for the idea and inquisition of God and about God is in and on this world alone, so everything must start and end in this world) have you ever seen a thing create itself?

Is it possible for a thing to create itself by itself? That is from nothing, the nothing thing made itself into a something thing. Eg a flying submarine will make itself from nothing into a flying submarine. Is this ever possible?
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Simple! Use your senses especially your eyes and brain, IN THIS WORLD, (for the idea and inquisition of God and about God is in and on this world alone, so everything must start and end in this world) have you ever seen a thing create itself?

Is it possible for a thing to create itself by itself? That is from nothing, the nothing thing made itself into a something thing. Eg a flying submarine will make itself from nothing into a flying submarine. Is this ever possible?

No, I don't believe that something can necessarily come from nothing. Anything which begins to exist has a cause. I agree. But then, what is the cause? And what proof do you have for said cause?

Before we continue, please I don't want you to confuse the event with the reason for the event. For example, the creation of our universe, let's say via the big bang was the event. The cause of the event however is what I'm trying to get at.
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

No, I don't believe that something can necessarily come from nothing.

Anything which begins to exist has a cause. I agree

But then, what is the cause? And what proof do you have for said cause?

I don't need you to believe. But I know you are clearly saying that it is impossible for something to come out from nothing.

And this is the first Truth.

Therefore, standing on this Truth does it not mean that A thing is created because an Intelligent Creative Being brings it from "No thing" to "something?
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Wilgrea7(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I don't need you to believe. But I know you are clearly saying that it is impossible for something to come out from nothing.

And this is the first Truth.

Therefore, standing on this Truth does it not mean that A thing is created because an Intelligent Creative Being brings it from "No thing" to "something?

Not necessarily. There are many possibilities for what could have caused the event that created our universe as we know it today. And while "an intelligent creative being" is one of the possibilities, we can't know for sure until we discover proof for an "intelligent creative being".

Most arguments for the creation of something from nothing seems to fall towards a first, necessary and fundamental cause. Whether or not this said cause is a "being" or not is another discussion entirely. One that often requires some level of evidence.
Re: It's OK To Question Your Beliefs by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Not necessarily. There are many possibilities for what could have caused the event that created our universe as we know it today. And while "an intelligent creative being" is one of the possibilities, we can't know for sure until we discover proof for an "intelligent creative being".

And this is where your "I don't want God," The Intelligent Being shows,

For how long are you going to wait to see the clear and undisputable answer before you?

This is the proof of rejection I had warned you about which blinds you I wanna be atheists from accepting The Truth right before your eyes.

We don't see you waiting for any alternative as to who is the creator of the Toyota or the iPhone

But when it comes to God, now, you are seeking for options which of course we reasonable know and see that it is based on your personal wishes and desires.

So, you see, it is not because you do not know The Truth but because you do not want to accept the Truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? / Anony's Soul Theory Destroyed By Richard Dawkins! / Can a person Make heaven without baptism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.