Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41158 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by nuroegbu(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2022
So in my opinion for there to be peace.
if u like the babe but feels it's too early, collect the material she got you.,
appreciate her effort...
Sew it, show interest before time, but wen it's close, let someone from ur office (office friend) send u a mail to engage you for work that day, That way she'll approve ur absence... Then u can later discus about how she needs to slow things down...

Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by WatchYourSix: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2022
ImaIma1:
It sounds funny wearing the same thing with her when you guys are just dating. She wants to show off her man to her family. Please don't give in because it could lead to something you are not prepared for.

Women should support women oooo...

The babe is tryimg to plan her future...u people shoukd not pour sand inside her garri oooo...is not easy to see huband ooooo..

She may just want to show off to her family... mayb her family or siblings have been lookimg down on her for not having a serious relationship
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by BRATISLAVA: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
He is taking his time sir, no be everything person must rush.. It's just three months, not three years.. The gal should calm down

People have gotten married in less time. Every man who has focus will know what he wants already. Unless he's just there to play around.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by csam: 9:34am On Jun 21, 2022
Take the cloth to the tailor, tell the tailor to delay the sewing.
Peace ✌️
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Entanglement: 9:34am On Jun 21, 2022
excanny:

Nothing wrong in that. It’s her junior getting married.

Sometimes it’s shameful to be still single at a certain age.
to find man hard this days ohh.
So the things women desperately do to protect there investment is out of this world.

But she shouldn't go that far. I personally don't like showing off stuff
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by postbmd: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2022
She just want someone to b there n make her feel she isnt left out.

Help her also u don't know what shes going tru

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by egbedox: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=Born2winnx post=113989113]Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Well, no one truly knows how your relationship is except you. My advice to you though whether or not you choose to wear the atire with her, Ensure you are not toying with her emotions.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by VirileNelly2420: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.
Well, I personally don't think there's anything sinister about her demands. What's wrong in flaunting what u have/desire? She's proud of u and wants to show u off to family and friends...
or possibly she wants to oppress her presumed oppressors. cheesy she wants to make it seem she's in a serious relationship with u.

I mean, in such ceremony, no one wants to b an underdog. Maybe her friends/family are used to showing off, she doesn't wanna b left out.

I think u should b greatful dat she finds u worthy to b shown to d world. Many would b jealous of u. Plz, Grant her wish if u can. See it as an adventure.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by nedekid: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2022
Op, if it is the general Aso ebi, I see nothing wrong in that. (most likely it is).
But if it is an exclusive one meant for just you both, or the have a close family Aso ebi only her and her siblings are wearing, then there is a problem with that.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Human beings are unsatisfiable, if she did otherwise they would term it something else.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Makowonda: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Hahahaha...
That girl's natural calling is to become a very good politician.When she fails at that plan she might decide to starve you of sex for a while,only for her to let you have it at the least expected time when she's ovulating and you have no protection on you.Boom!She's pregnant and a pseudo marriage will commence prior to the time you're ready for the original marriage.Fear who no fear women.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Jamahyel:
Listen to your friend .

Affirmative!!! May day may day!!! Brother about to enter trap….

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Speedo17(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2022
Kindly decline, tell her about an important itenary that you have to attend to on that day.
The ultimate decision is yours however she is pushing and you need to be cautious.

Control even in marriage should be for the man. If the woman gets it then that's TROUBLE

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by opicgif: 9:42am On Jun 21, 2022
please dont do it

ignore people saying it could be asoebi for the event. you are not a member of her family. dont wear the same asoebi with them

dont do what will be used against you in future (for encouraging her that you intend to marry her)

also, use protection with a girl like this.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ImaIma1(f): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Women should support women oooo...

The babe is tryimg to plan her future...u people shoukd not pour sand inside her garri oooo...is not easy to see huband ooooo..

She may just want to show off to her family... mayb her family or siblings have been lookimg down on her for not having a serious relationship

Lol @ support. This one na set up.

I'm quite worried for the babe because after wearing and co with a man that hasn't asked you to be his wife and he ends the relationship, it will be worse.

She will have a lot of explanation to give to the family that she's trying to show off with.

The guy should wear the usual guy wedding attire...white native and the aso ebi fila or anything he wants to wear.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by PlanktonX: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2022
My advice is that if you don't have a solid plan for her to be your wife at anytime sooonest, please let her go and don't waste her time, she is in a relationship with you for a reason.

If you can't see the reason then let her go and find her own bone, because am sure you are the one who toasted her, and she accepted, then why being scared of stepping forward.

Truly, the asoebi is not for any other reason but to present you informally to her family. Please support her dream or free her if you are still looking for girlfriend/boyfriend relationship.

It need to move forward, because she is a woman, and when a woman is ready, she is ready.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:

Not everyone likes Asoebi. She is not in a position to compel him to wear it when he hasn't even paid as much as a recharge card on her head as dowry.
See wahala ohhhhh, person wey bros never even know her family, just 3months dating, her ROI is waiting for her.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by IfnobeGod20: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2022
Angelfrost:

She's his girlfriend, relationship is just 3 months... Loving and marrying are two different things.

She needs to have a word with herself. This stinks of desperation on her part.
On what basis do you love someone but not want to marry her? I think you're comparing likeness to love, they are two different words. Love comes with emotional feelings while likeness is super facial. It's love that leads to marriage. You cannot marry someone without loving him or her. Note this love is distinct from like.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Fourwinds: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
so that they we know you are the one eating the pvssy
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by uglodoh(f): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2022
Collect the material from her so that it will not look as if you did not appreciate her. Keep it where she will not see. On the D-Day put on another materia. If she asks you why you are not putting on the material . Tell her it is with the taior; he has not finished sewing it.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by nengibo: 9:46am On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.

grin grin grin , when you reach abroad now, na naija babe go dey hungry you
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Juoflife1(f): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2022
It may be aso ebi that everyone will wear that day, not just the family.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by WatchYourSix: 9:47am On Jun 21, 2022
ImaIma1:

Lol @ support. This one na set up.

I'm quite worried for the babe because after wearing and co with a man that hasn't asked you to be his wife and he ends the relationship, it will be worse.

She will have a lot of explanation to give to the family that she's trying to show off with.

The guy should wear the usual guy wedding attire...white native and the aso ebi fila or anything he wants to wear.

Sometimes we men need a push...sometimes a man will never be ready until his woman makes him see being ready is not really a bad idea....

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by WatchYourSix: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Juoflife1:
It may be aso ebi that everyone will wear that day, not just the family.

Exactly...
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by nengibo: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

On what basis do you love someone but not want to marry her? I think you're comparing likeness to love, they are two different words. Love comes with emotional feelings while likeness is super facial. It's love that leads to marriage. You cannot marry someone without loving him or her. Note this love is distinct from like.
You can actually love someone and some red flags make you know it might be a huge mistake to get married to them

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ruthmadaki90: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Even married people rarely wear same attire to event. please dey do the relationship jeje ooo. somebody wants to set u up for family billing.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

Ok so you are not that into her right? There really is no big deal in wearing the same clothes. We wear sports jerseys to identify with teams and personalities we like so what is the big deal in wearing aso ebi? Unless of course you don't want to be associated with her then your reluctance would make sense.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2022
Op abeg don't wear that uniform you will enter trouble the family go think say wey you go buy the uniform,
just find another cloth and wear, but when you reach the ceremony don't site near her just stay at far place or site in group of village council
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2022
ImaIma1:
It sounds funny wearing the same thing with her when you guys are just dating. She wants to show off her man to her family. Please don't give in because it could lead to something you are not prepared for.
Aunty dun tire to dey sing "carry me dey go my husband house"
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zorn: 9:51am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Find out before concluding that she might have an ulterior motive.
It could be that she's just being generous.
Men though.
The way women rationlise stupid things when it's done by their fellow women is just so amazing

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by cassyrooy(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Go ahead and ruin that relationship with your refusal to couple up with her.

Do it and see the love and devotion she'd give you for months, if not years to come.

Sir, na to your advantage, you have nothing to lose, even more so, the parents of your GF will see you as a responsible man who's bold enough to have marriage interests in their daughter.

But please abort mission if na smash-and-pass dey your mind.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Streetmovement(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Omo this one na rush hour part 4 o grin

Op, If you jazz in that unit just know say you don marry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Who Went Viral For Beating Wife Apologises, Begs Her To Return Home (Video) / Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? / Update On My Brother - He has Been Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.