Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage (41162 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by vincentjk(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2022
MrMcJay:
She is trying to mark her territory.

That girl is marking her territory, staking ownership on the guy and showing off her prize before her family members. The guy will now get there, her family members will be telling the guy to do quick and pick date.

Pick which date? Guy wey just pay for IELTS.

Lol you mean he's planning on studying abroad?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Chopcy29: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

You don’t want to know a thing about the free pussy you dey knack?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ogyunging(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2022
Manchi, e no make sentences. Disembark immediately. Comprisun wetin everybody dey yarn.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Paulianfa(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Hope my eyes no dey pain me with dis comment like dis? Hv u ever come across good female relationship advicer before? Hell NO
Born2winnx:
Hello all
My girlfriend wants me to wear same native attire to her niece wedding on Friday. I thought she was joking when she suggested it last week, because I don't even plan on going due to my busy schedule. But to my surprise she's just came to my house with some yards of the material she bought with her money.

Though I appreciate her good gestures, but I don't think it's right.. We are not married. What will her people say when dey see me with her like that because her father, mother, brothers and sisters will be there, not talking about her extended families.

I had to confide with a friend and he told me blantly that it is a set up, I should abort. That he had witness a similar case in a party when a guy was behaving as if he had paid his girlfriend bride price...what happened was the guy didn't leave the way he came. I won't want that to happen to me but before I decide I like to hear from you all.

relationship is 3months
I don't know her family house, talkless to know who born her.. not yet ready to.

Ur friend advice is one million
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 9:54am On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:

Generous indeed undecided

Mariah, stick to food section please. You're bad when it comes to relationship advice.

Good morning.
Hope my eyes no dey pain me with dis comment like dis? Hv u ever come across good female relationship advicer before? Hell NO
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by VirileNelly2420: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2022
pretydiva:
I guess she's trying to show you off to her people or friends. If you ain't cool with it, then don't it
Dats just it. She doesn't wanna appear single. She wanna make it seem she's in a serious relationship...or something more than that.
And from d information at hand, she's likely advanced since her niece(her sibling's daughter) is getting married. She just wanna save face.
If d guy can, let him do it for her. It's usually tough for ladies at certain moment of their lives.

I would if I could.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

He didn't left the same way hr came.. More emphasis on that statement please. I don't understand
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by abimic(m): 9:57am On Jun 21, 2022
Zonefree:
Don't fall for that cheap manipulation from her. Na over familiarity dey cause all this nonsense!

You can decide to go for the wedding if you're less busy but don't wear same attire with her. She's just a girlfriend...don't let your girlfriend stops you from finding the love of your life. The love of your life might be in that wedding. Be wise!

grin grin grin grin
This one choke o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Amotekun777: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2022
But, if you don't want to marry her why are you even dating her in the first place? This lady is obviously seeking a husband.

Just break up with her and let her find a potential future partner.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Angelfrost(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

On what basis do you love someone but not want to marry her? I think you're comparing likeness to love, they are two different words. Love comes with emotional feelings while likeness is super facial. It's love that leads to marriage. You cannot marry someone without loving him or her. Note this love is distinct from like.

Nope... You have to read up some more please.

You can love a girl or guy without any desire to marry him or her! This is a proven fact not even subject to argument.

Are you saying you can't have equal or similar depth of affection for more than one lady or guy?!! If you have never experienced it, many have.

Do you think every married couple married out of love?!! Come now! Lol. grin

Even some of the longest lasting marriages were never founded on sentiments like love.

People like Oprah Winfrey have been in love for decades without any desire to stay hitched... I know couples who are doing well together even without being in love.

Need I also tell you that there are a lot of separated and divorced people who are still madly in love with one another?!! Do some research.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Infamous(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Say no. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve dated or if you’re married.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by z4blaze(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2022
Y u dey fear, na jst aso ebi. Na jst conscience dey judge u
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by oyebanji(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2022
Won ti get yin sir.
Abort! Abort! abort!

Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ashawopikin(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2022
Listen to your friend, 3months relationship is not a serious relationship, ma she dey take am serious
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by engrajoo1(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2022
I trust myself.... If she insist say make we wear the same cloth.. walai I no go talk anything infact we go buy to match shoe but na 2hrs to the time we'll go I go find contract wey I wan go defend ��

I don't even wear same cloth with my own family members not to talk of a 3months old gf
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Angelfrost(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2022
correctyourself:

You have been eating what is in between her legs, now you know you don't know her family house?

I will advise the lady to dump you and look for serious person if you refuse to wear the clothes, simple.

So, while he was 'eating between her legs', what exactly was she doing?!! Merely enduring and feeding him while starving?!!

Sex is consensual and supposed to be enjoyed by two consenting adults!

It's irritating when one gender claims to be doing the other a huge favor by opening her legs! Please, stop it already!

Does a sensible lady or girl need to be told not to give into sex before marriage?!! Sex is just what it is... Leave it out of this abeg!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2022
vincentjk:

Lol you mean he's planning on studying abroad?

Nearly every young Naija guy is either planning or desperate to get the fvck out of this nation! tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Basiljoe: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2022
All i can say is women make rules for betas and break rules for alpha. Check your frame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2022
3months.my brother,abort this suicide mission b4 we go soon here from again
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Zubydeangelo(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Your girlfriend don get niece & you are still doing boyfriend & girlfriend things with her.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2022
See how women they set trap bah.thank God u be bushmeat.if u know u know!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by vincentjk(m): 10:10am On Jun 21, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nearly every young Naija guy is either planning or desperate to get the fvck out of this nation! tongue

Lol na true sha

so when are you planning to jappa?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Biafranodogwu55: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2022
shantti:
Something is fishy. Hmmmmmmmm

O.p, what if that so called ceremony is your igbankwu secretly mapped out without your knowledge.

What if, when you get there, the village youths will beat you into paying her dowry, then you will sit down, her father will give her wine and she will dance with her ashebi and bring it to you. You go dey drink the wine dey shed tears. Then the village youth will beat you again into dropping some currency into the wine tumbler. Then they will beat you again into dancing with her. U go dey dance buga with her dey cry. Then they will finally beat you into taking you newly wedded wife home
Guy u dey mentgrin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by ThePlugg(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2022
Op u don enter ....her NEICE de marry....mad oo,she withnessed the birth of that girl getting married.....guy marry her nau
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by babyfaceafrica: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

People have gotten married in less time. Every man who has focus will know what he wants already. Unless he's just there to play around.

Even marriage of 10 years doesn't guarantee you will know anything about a woman, life is deep
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by Angelfrost(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2022
vincentjk:

Lol na true sha

so when are you planning to jappa?

I don Japa before... Will make it permanent soon.

Meanwhile, I am privileged to be doing well in this 3rd world nation for now! cool
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by TheGift: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months

If the material is Aso Ebi for the event then maybe you shouldn’t be so worried.

But If not and you don’t even know her family house , then it’s a red flag. She MAY be trying to achieve something (good or bad) and you are just a tool.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by jrusky(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Your girlfriend
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by vincentjk(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Angelfrost:

I don Japa before... Will make it permanent soon.

Meanwhile, I am privileged to be doing well in this 3rd world nation for now! cool

Eeyah that's good to hear

May God help us all oo
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by LORDKing001: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
Hello all

relationship is 3months
Give the material to the tailor and sew it. When the time approaches tell the tailor to delay the material by not sewing it so that when you guys get to the tailor she can see it herself. Set her up too
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by rickleye: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2022
What’s the problem ?
You have defined your relationship as gf/bf
Why should a piece of cloth automatically change that.
Don’t you wear durex while making love.
What kind trap be dat? If something is fishy - she’ll meet her stuff outside my apartment when we return back home.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage by WhatThen: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:
The materials she bought could be the aso ebi that most of the guests would be wearing.
Find out before concluding that she might have an ulterior motive.
It could be that she's just being generous.
Men though.

And so? Isn't it family members or close friends of the family that will wear Asoebi? He is neither of those. Their relationship is just 3 months old. Women though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? / Update On My Brother - He has Been Found / Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Sacked (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.