Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,477 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband (33014 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2022
Bro just try to improve your finances. Most women will never give you their best if you fall off in life. That's women for you. We men have our war stories, but save that for another day. At this point of your life, do not try to win the heart of your wife, do not even expect love/sex from her, just try hard to hustle for more for yourself and your kids. May God guide you.
evangmx:
I just lost my job like 2 months ago. I use my car to do can work. My wife works as well. And we have 2 children.

I want you to tell me the truth am I doing bad or good?

I pay all the bills at home, I still give out 15k every week for food.

But my wife still complain. I don't know what she use her salary to do. All I know is that she use to wear new cloth every Sunday and new shoes. And buys cloth for the children once in a while.

Pls tell me if am doing bad.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by sinkhole: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:
I just lost my job like 2 months ago. I use my car to do can work. My wife works as well. And we have 2 children.

But my wife still complain. I don't know what she use her salary to do. All I know is that she use to wear new cloth every Sunday and new shoes. And buys cloth for the children once in a while.

you are not doing bad!
Just as some people have said, you need to be very careful with the type of advice you read here as it can drastically change who you are towards your family.
Some people here only experienced courtship which they will use to advice you and courtship is not marriage. Courtship is far more sweeter and romantic than marriage
When you were courting your wife, there was nobody in this world that will tell you that she was not the best woman in the world smiley
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by skuribeebo: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

YOU DON MARRY UR MUMMY

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by xynerise: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Abfinest007:
60k not bad for family of four.

Baba, 60k is tiny na
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by emerged01(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

No if you are saying the truth.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

The fault is yours.

As a husband, you're the one responsible for the family. Chikena. You may not like this statement.

It's your responsibility to plan how to take care of your home. Your wife is your helper. The person wey dey help person carry him load, no be the owner of the load.

Meanwhile, not all wives are helpers because they're not told that they are by whoever, parents or priests in church.

You may think I'm supporting irresponsible wives, no! If a wife is a helper and your own isn't helping you, keep doing your duty as husband and report the matter to the person the instituted marriage. He will soon bring sense into the brain of the woman you call your wife.

However, many will call my advice old school.

You're not compelled to do more than your capacity for your home except you want to steal.

Sit down with her and tell her what you can afford to do for her and the children. If she's not satisfied, show her the door.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by ajayiopy: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

BABA HAVE A MEETING WITH YOUR WIFE,BE OPEN TO HER ABOUT YOUR SALARY AND TELL HER THE % YOU CAN SPEND AND % FOR SAVING.
QED AND BE SINCERE
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Etranshub(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2022
belcom10:
Buy her gift once in a while, or when you go out buy somethings for her and kids. Like ice cream and rest . May God keep your home.
a selfish human will always be a selfish human. One only needs to pray to God not to have a selfish partner

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Alexiiydon: 10:50am On Jun 23, 2022
Seek divorce
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Elramino(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2022
You are doing very well but chat me up for counseling
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Lexusgs430: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Keep on paying all the bills, and remain delighted.......

You never see anything, is it only your family or both of yours. ........

This is why men die, much sooner than their time.......

3 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Maverick777: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2022
belcom10:
Buy her gift once in a while, or when you go out buy somethings for her and kids. Like ice cream and rest . May God keep your home.
Buy her gift for what exactly, being insensitive??
Is that what you'd do if you were to be in his shoes?
To put down a comment is not mandatory my friend!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Jorge91: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Tell her u want to divorce first, she should carry the kids and go, just put the burden on her, even help in packing her clothes and the kids own, Since she cannot contribute in anyway, with serious reaction bro but know when to stop the joke. Also voice out ur mind as u have written here.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Noviagro(m): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:
[I have discussed with her even the priest has help me talked to her. But I want to know if am not doing my best. I don't have a savings nowquote author=garriAndsugar post=114062807]You need to discuss with your wife to see how she can support you

The candid truth is,you married a wrong wife,and the earlier for you the better.if your kids are old enough to be talked to,sit them down and let them realize the issue at hand,but if not,the earlier for you the better.however,your childrens upkeep must be paramount to you.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by GloriousGbola: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

https://www.nairaland.com/7191725/me-dont-erection-again

face your erectile dysfunction instead of wailing about your non-existent wife

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by okine4real: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2022
when you dey date her you nor see? guys i done tell una, make i tell una again, if your babe nor fit spend money for you, dont expect her to spend money on you when una marry. She spending on you doesnot make you broke, but it gives you an insight of if she would be there for you in times of calamity. Lots of men lose there Job while been married, if you lose your Job, how would you cope with this kind of wife? As a man, give room for (You can take care of your home withoit your wife support, because you got a good job) ( Make provision for you dont have a job or you die along the process, how will your family survive in both senerious) My wife ready to spend all her money on our children and myself and she can go hungry without much complains. i was 40 Years of Age this June, my wife celebrate my birthday for me, i nor even spend 1Kobo and she nor dey work. Because of this attribute all our tenants pays all rent to her. Guys all this little things you over look when dating, e dey give headache for marriage ohh. THAT Bleep YOU DEY ENJOY FOR DATING, E GO SOUR FOR MARRIAGE BECAUSE MARRIAGE NA THE REAL MOVIE NOT FILM TRICK.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Obiebanks007(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Judge yourself.
Only you, yourself will know if your doing wrong or right.....
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Juicy001: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2022
Your money is the family's money
Her money is her money
Know this now and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Zedoo(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Another one bites the dust.

“We will manage” has put more men in trouble than anything else.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by SarkinYarki: 10:54am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

You married wrong
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Maverick777: 10:54am On Jun 23, 2022
IDERAWOLE:

The fault is yours.

As a husband, you're the one responsible for the family. Chikena. You may not like this statement.

It's your responsibility to plan how to take care of your home. Your wife is your helper. The person wey dey help person carry him load, no be the owner of the load.

Meanwhile, not all wives are helpers because they're not told that they are by whoever, parents or priests in church.

You may think I'm supporting irresponsible wives, no! If a wife is a helper and your own isn't helping you, keep doing your duty as husband and report the matter to the person the instituted marriage. He will soon bring sense into the brain of the woman you call your wife.

However, many will call my advice old school.

You're not compelled to do more than your capacity for your home except you want to steal.

Sit down with her and tell her what you can afford to do for her and the children. If she's not satisfied, show her the door.
How many things are you even saying oga?
only you said he shouldn't complain
only said report the wife
only you said discuss with her
did anyone force you to comment?

it's obvious you're bereft of ideas, let's all learn to be empathetic in our posts and advise to people here..

Men are not robots ok!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by rajiedreez: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2022
You're doing your best if truly that's how much you drop at home o
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Agapejosh: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2022
My brother, you are really doing well for yourself and your family, bravo, but at times we still need to question and define our relationship with spouses and children, aside from putting food on the table.

So, try your best to engage in a discussion with your wife on this, to know her mind set.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by prettyjures(f): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2022
Oga you dey over try, who gives a wife 15k every week in this hardship?? The better she learns to manage and also contributes at home the better for her.. Buying cloths and shoes every week isn't right ooo

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Signum(f): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2022
Deborah98:
Jesus person dey buy new clothes and new shoes every week undecided and you tell me this life is balanced? My elder sister saw my post which day on WhatsApp and was asking if I'm still using my "old clothes and bags". Wetin man go do now? @Op your wife is insensitive aswear,why does God or whoever it is allow good people marry bad ones and vice versa. Check well she might be building a house somewhere or processing her visa to travel out with or without the kids. Na your type of person dey carry love and marriage matter for head. It's well

God bless you sis.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Honchoslim16(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Alapojames:
Marriage is not for the weak oo
Why do people change in marriage?
The moment you marry those ladies..then you start seeing the real demon

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by zedegit: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

You married an immature girl not a woman. Which one is new clothes every Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Onyipk: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2022
The bills you pay is it all the bills or does your wife contribute as well? By bills do you mean school fees and all associated cost, light, waste , gas , fuel etc.?
If truthfully you pay all the bills then you arr really trying . You efforts may not be the best but you are good to go.
Also, if your wife contributes to these bills then you need to start praising her and just talk it over with her if she can help contribute more cutting cost off the unnecessary new clothes weekly.
Having said this, you and all the male folks must understand the DNA of creation that a woman was not created by God to be sole providers in families but help meet. Once a man wants to turn a woman to a major provider it is natural/spiritual that her nature will resist it. She may bear for some time but not all the time.
Please discuss with her in a peaceful loving atmosphere (but before you do please pray to God to touch her heart witb mercy and understanding) to please assist with some bills at least that may curb the complain.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2022
My brother no kill urself u are not doing bad. If u get u for do better just take care life na step by step
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by ukaface(f): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Omo, lol....this is laughable. I don't think you are doing bad. I mean 15k *4=60k a month, and that isn't your monthly take home Abi? You marry material girl, sorry bruv.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Sion47: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Man money na family money but woman money na her personal money

If you marry an inconsiderate, unreasonable and selfish wife, sorry for you.

A stingy girlfriend will make a stingy wife but unfortunately ,most men trivialize that aspect during courtship/ dating.

Men done suffer for eve hand

Monkey dey work baboon dey chop

The worst is that no matter how much a man struggled to train his children in school, they will grow to take care of their mother more than father.

Men make una wake up

No need for plenty children all in the name of " children na blessing "

Why do most " mothers" pitch their children against their father in old age when the man is retired and tired.

Widows everywhere,
Men

No one is interested in MEN's affairs

Fathers are not duly appreciated in the society,

U will not realizes the enormity of Fathers love and sacrifices until you become one.

Thumbs up to all Fathers all Fathers .

Third Sunday in June is world Fathers day,
Last Sunday, how many Fathers did u see being posted and appreciated across social media as it would be done to mothers?

As if we live in a fatherless society

Call them bastard, they will fight u yet, they behave as fatherless creatures.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Appreciation With Sex. Men Why? / Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / "When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.