Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,737 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband (32639 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Aguogba(m): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2022
chatinent:
Can you kindly tell your wife to work to know how it is to make money?
Read the post before you comment
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Abilistic(m): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:
[I have discussed with her even the priest has help me talked to her. But I want to know if am not doing my best. I don't have a savings ]

You are a your best but trying and be saving some money in case of unforseen expenses
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by TenQ: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:
I just lost my job like 2 months ago. I use my car to do can work. My wife works as well. And we have 2 children.

I want you to tell me the truth am I doing bad or good?

I pay all the bills at home, I still give out 15k every week for food.

But my wife still complain. I don't know what she use her salary to do. All I know is that she use to wear new cloth every Sunday and new shoes. And buys cloth for the children once in a while.

Pls tell me if am doing bad.
You are doing very badly my friend.

You are making N150,000 every week and you give your wife just a miserly N15,000 every week.
You are doing poorly!

Until your wife knows the range of your income, she would assume the worst about you
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by TheMostComplex1: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2022
Discuss with her
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Jaqenhghar: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:
I just lost my job like 2 months ago. I use my car to do can work. My wife works as well. And we have 2 children.

But my wife still complain. I don't know what she use her salary to do. All I know is that she use to wear new cloth every Sunday and new shoes. And buys cloth for the children once in a while.

There only so much you can do. Complain no dey ever finish. Just satisfy yourself that you are doing the right thing
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Richy4(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2022
belcom10:
Buy her gift once in a while, or when you go out buy somethings for her and kids. Like ice cream and rest .
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Did u just type that to annoy me or what? cheesy..
I promise, I won't be angry with you cool
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by redcliff: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

How old are you? Carry your family natter discuss with your wife.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by sidonlook: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Women assume that your money is for the family but your wife's money is for her alone .

Do the best you can for your family while you try to talk with your wife .

Appreciate her for the little she is doing and that would make her happy.

Review your finances and let her see the need to give you more support.

Continue to do the possible best for your family.

NO QUARREL.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Raychee(f): 11:13am On Jun 23, 2022
I'm short of words. May God teach you the right way to handle this situation. 60k for a family of four monthly is not a lot but it can be worked with. These stinginess trait is one that is a little difficult to hide. So during courtship, you should have noticed. God help you o.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by zedegit: 11:13am On Jun 23, 2022
vakjay08:

Only you can answer that question. Sometimes its not really about how much money. How's the relationship with your wife? Or what kind of woman did you marry?

He married a slay Queen and he's getting slaid wotoporously.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Deborah98:
Jesus person dey buy new clothes and new shoes every week undecided and you tell me this life is balanced? My elder sister saw my post which day on WhatsApp and was asking if I'm still using my "old clothes and bags". Wetin man go do now? @Op your wife is insensitive aswear,why does God or whoever it is allow good people marry bad ones and vice versa. Check well she might be building a house somewhere or processing her visa to travel out with or without the kids. Na your type of person dey carry love and marriage matter for head. It's well
I so wish I can like this comment a million times.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by patpaul: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2022
No, you're not doing bad at all.
You're t

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by SeriouslySense(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2022
You are doing your best, and that is remarkable, why is your wife nagging. She better be helpful and not draining.
UpInTheSky:
No, you're not doing bad at all.
You're trying.

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by mokt(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

You dey try, 15K weekly no be small thing. It might be small to your wife cos she earns salary but then, you dey try. Just keep doing your hustle, Or do you earn more to drop more than 15k cos it seems to me like guilt dey worry you, but if not, just keep doing your thing and worry less about her.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by zedegit: 11:16am On Jun 23, 2022
Deborah98:
Jesus person dey buy new clothes and new shoes every week undecided and you tell me this life is balanced? My elder sister saw my post which day on WhatsApp and was asking if I'm still using my "old clothes and bags". Wetin man go do now? @Op your wife is insensitive aswear,why does God or whoever it is allow good people marry bad ones and vice versa. Check well she might be building a house somewhere or processing her visa to travel out with or without the kids. Na your type of person dey carry love and marriage matter for head. It's well

If you investigate further, you will find out that this selfishness started right from the onset. If a woman or partner is not meeting up halfway to compliment your efforts. Let them stew in dating forums.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Raalsalghul: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2022
GloriousGbola:
@seun
mukina2
lalasticlala
mynd44

this is obviously a cruise\troll thread. is this the standard now ? pushing made up threads with an agenda to FP?

How is it a cruise thread and are you insinuating that the agenda here is to bash women?

Check the Op's moniker first: been here since 2011 and had opened other threads.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by 007s(m): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickykarim:

IF HE IS MATURED ENOUGH TO FILTER ANYTHING AS AN ADULT. HIS RECENT MOVE CLEARLY PROVED YOU AND HIM OTHERWISE.

For your INFORMATION and EDUCATION. No successful union and matrimony ever had external FORCES and OPINIONS intervention in their internal affairs. Their internal matrimonial home is never for public comsumption.

A MAN CAME PUBLIC TO DISPARAGE HIS SIGNIFICANT HALF, CLAIMING SHE USE HER MONEY ON CERTAIN ITEMS THAT IS NOT NEW TO HIM SINCE THEY CAME TOGETHER AND FOR HOW LONG.

He also sings his own praise in contrast to his wife's.

SO MUCH FOR YOUR MATURED MAN!

I don't know your age but for you to use the word "never" tells a lot about your experience with the issues of life

Never say Never

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by siddique07: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
First thing first
Maybe u are transparent to de point that she knows how much u earn on a daily basis
For instance she knows u earning 10 to 15k/day And giving her 15k weekly u sabi womens now, they are genetically mathematicians, she never start dey say u are cheating on her!
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by oguns222: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickykarim:
You simply trying to BREAK your own home by bringing this to the public square that does not possess the requisite for THOUGHTFULNESS. A field occupied and filled with the BRAINLESS. Including, people without the EXPERIENCE for this. Some of them might not have either a HOME WIFE and or UNMARRIED. They do not know what a home is and its DEFINITION.

YOU ARE COURTING MORE TROUBLE MY FRIEND.

Go resolve whatever is going wrongly in your home with your wife. Desist from bringing your dirty linen into the public. According to you you have endured and managed this well all this while.

TOLERANCE WITH ENDURANCE, MY FRIEND.

Wish you well as you continue to understand your wife with RESOLUTION to keep your FAMILY.

Your reasoning is dumb.

He should continue understanding a woman that refuses to show understanding or sensitivity. You are funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by zedegit: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickykarim:
You simply trying to BREAK your own home by bringing this to the public square that does not possess the requisite for THOUGHTFULNESS. A field occupied and filled with the BRAINLESS. Including, people without the EXPERIENCE for this. Some of them might not have either a HOME WIFE and or UNMARRIED. They do not know what a home is and its DEFINITION.

Go resolve whatever is going wrongly in your home with your wife. Desist from bringing your dirty linen into the public. According to you you have endured and managed this well all this while.

Wish you well as you continue to understand your wife with RESOLUTION to keep your FAMILY.

Understand a selfish woman?
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by okuwehcris: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
I will say you are by saying he's trying to break his home. Most times when you speak out, it help you solve the problem as a man.

When you pile up the pain, it tends to aggravate into something bad. Sometimes as a married person speaking out doesn't cause a break up, but rather you will get insight from reasonable people.

Like most people and even you have advice he discusses the issue with her and clear his mind.

@Mickykarim You simply trying to BREAK your own home by bringing this to the public square that does not possess the requisite for THOUGHTFULNESS. A field occupied and filled with the BRAINLESS. Including, people without the EXPERIENCE for this. Some of them might not have either a HOME WIFE and or UNMARRIED. They do not know what a home is and its DEFINITION.

Wish you well as you continue to understand your wife with RESOLUTION to keep your FAMILY.[/quote]
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Makowonda: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2022
Let me say that she's a "problem in wife's clothing".You fell too bad for your girlfriend to the point that you didn't see yourself as a man who's introducing a problem to yourself in form of a wife.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by oguns222: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2022
rickpat:
....forgive your wife,she knows not what she is doing!!...chai..

I feel she knows what she is doing

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by bluefilm: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Carry your cross abeg dey go.

Me i no get time again for this type of nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by phemmyfour: 11:21am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

You're not doing bad, though not doing enough. Your wife is not ready to be a "help meet". It seems she belongs to "His money is our money and my money is my money" kind of women out there.
You need to discuss with her in contributing a percentage of her salary monthly in meeting the family's financial needs.

Even those earning 500k monthly still need the support of their wife financially to meet up with the family needs in this Buhariconomics

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Jesus said; mark 9:29:this type does not go out except by prayer and fasting! In other words, all those people saying talk to her should know that if she has not listened to all you have been saying, she will still remain deaf. Solution; manage it or jolt her to reality. I was in this situation 6 years ago. I just lost my job then but was still able to sort the bills. I was able to secure my wife a civil service slot but she refused to contribute a dime to assist claiming her money is her hard earned money and my money is our money. And I should man up and shoulder my responsibilities. We were headed for divorce since family and church mediation failed until she retraced her steps seeing I would not bulge. Today she is a better woman, and we are now both big economic players. She has come to realize that her nuclear family with me and the kids are her utmost priority and vice-versa. What am I trying to say, sometimes when diplomacy fails, explore other options, but no matter what, do not be stuck in a parasitic relationship, don’t let anyone broke shame or guilt trip you before you go and die early for nothing. 60k monthly, if you factor in bills and rent, you monthly average is over 100k. Trust me, most NL billionaires who feel you have not done well don’t even earn 100k. You are partners and co-travelers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Lekan239(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickykarim:

get a life

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by VirileNelly2420: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2022
chatinent:
Can you kindly tell your wife to work to know how it is to make money?
Ha, u need glasses?
D wife works and make money too...
Just da she is still being too demandful of d husband.
E dey hard me to put mouth for family matters. Most times, each party talks to favor dem. Maybe till u hear from d other party, den, u can give an informed opinion.

Meanwhile, Op, d advice U're given here is based on wot u presented.
Wen U're suffering from malaria, and u meet a chemist to give u medication for stomachache. U're doin urself.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by pharmaking: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Answer:NO, you are not doing bad.

Opinion: Your wife is insensitive and ruthless.

Advise: There is no grave for the best dad or husband, continue to care for them and make yourself happy.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Lekan239(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickykarim:

IF HE IS MATURED ENOUGH TO FILTER ANYTHING AS AN ADULT. HIS RECENT MOVE CLEARLY PROVED YOU AND HIM OTHERWISE.

For your INFORMATION and EDUCATION. No successful union and matrimony ever had external FORCES and OPINIONS intervention in their internal affairs. Their internal matrimonial home is never for public consumption.

A MAN CAME PUBLIC TO DISPARAGE HIS SIGNIFICANT HALF, CLAIMING SHE USE HER MONEY ON CERTAIN ITEMS THAT IS NOT NEW TO HIM SINCE THEY CAME TOGETHER AND FOR HOW LONG.

Of course, I AM married for over decades and knows what i am saying and you are obviously not!

He also sings his own praise in contrast to his wife's.

SO MUCH FOR YOUR MATURED MAN!
why are you ranting on a faceless forum.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work / My Boyfriend, Not My Husband, Owns My Pregnancy; Mother Of 4 / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.