Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. (45210 Views)

14 Strategies To Avoid Unnecessary Pressure In 2023 / Men Stop Bullying Your Pregnant Wife. / I Suspect My Wife Is Setting Me Up With Her Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
techWriter3:
And in the beginning, it all beginning with ''bring me de betweens my husband bedroom''

I don't get?

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Karleb(m): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I should be asking you if you know what you are talking about. It is insolence to sweep when a guest is around, especially with the entitlement mentality that she should have taken the stress off you. Who asked you? Wait and let me be gone then you can sweep your house.

It simply tells the guest that you don't welcome them. Learn simple manners. Why must it be when a guest is around the mother chooses to sweep?

No offense, you need someone to slap you back to reality.

You watch too much of Bonnie and Clyde.

tf am I reading? undecided

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
Karleb:

You should come here and let me give you a smackdown to jolt you back to reality. You have an entitlement mentality.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by asdfjklhaha(f): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nazgul:
The pic you uploaded has nothing to do with standard, it's all about how the girl was brought up.

We're Africans not Americans, African culture demands that when an elder is doing a chore or carrying something, you should offer to help.

I've gotten up for a pregnant woman to sit down during my NIN registration, I didn't know her from anywhere, but I felt since she's pregnant she ought to sit while me the agile young man should do the standing...that's the way I was brought up. Even on the ATM, if line is long and I see an elderly person at the back, I'll go behind him/her as ask him/her to take my position and withdraw before me.

Like I said, it has nothing to do with standard, it's just about how you were brought up. The girl on that pics you uploaded, has no respect for elderly people and one can easily conclude that she has little regard for her parents at home. The guy's mom did right by walking her out of her house, such behavior is not part of our culture.
I agree with you. Her behavior is so wrong I can't go at my aunt's place and see her sweeping and cross leg, I will help her out. We girls should stop defending foolishness, that girl is rude.

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kajaard: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
techWriter3:
And in the beginning, it all beginning with ''bring me de betweens my husband bedroom''

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

I have told you so many times to stop writing in English language. Your spelling and comprehension skills is atrocious. To even think you gave yourself the moniker: techwriter3.

Which foolish company or individuals will allow someone that can't even compose simple English write technical scripts? undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nazgul:
The pic you uploaded has nothing to do with standard, it's all about how the girl was brought up.

We're Africans not Americans, African culture demands that when an elder is doing a chore or carrying something, you should offer to help.

I've gotten up for a pregnant woman to sit down during my NIN registration, I didn't know her from anywhere, but I felt since she's pregnant she ought to sit while me the agile young man should do the standing...that's the way I was brought up. Even on the ATM, if line is long and I see an elderly person at the back, I'll go behind him/her as ask him/her to take my position and withdraw before me.

Like I said, it has nothing to do with standard, it's just about how you were brought up. The girl on that pics you uploaded, has no respect for elderly people and one can easily conclude that she has little regard for her parents at home. The guy's mom did right by walking her out of her house, such behavior is not part of our culture.

Story. She dodged a bullet. He's a mummy's boy, simple! Good riddance to the family.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nazgul: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Story. She dodged a bullet. He's a mummy's boy, simple! Good riddance to the family.
You're clearly catching cruise here...I wouldn't want to ruin your party by engaging you, so have fun.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nazgul:

You're clearly catching cruise here...I wouldn't want to ruin your party by engaging you, so have fun.

Cruise, as in how? I wish I could get hold of that guy and give him a dirty slap. You mean you allowed your mum sweep then turn around to blame a visitor? You haven't married her yet and you already asking who raised her? A mother raised her just like your own mum raised you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dey use old tactics dey judge wife material. Emancipate yourselves from mental backwardness.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by advanceDNA: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Its just an act of kindness, reapect and empathy ....She wont go around doimg chores in her mother in law's house because she helped ome time..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by JovialJune(f): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
Being polite is if she had offered to help, I wouldn't raise my legs when I see an elderly woman sweeping, I would offer to help

And at the same time, it was wrong of the mother to sweep when there is a guest

Me thinks the mother sweeping in her presence was delibrately done to see her reaction and guage her manners, the shiit tests most ladies go through when they visit their in-laws for the first time.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nazgul: 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Cruise, as in how? I wish I could get hold of that guy and give him a dirty slap. You mean you allowed your mum sweep then turn around to blame a visitor? You haven't married her yet and you already asking who raise her? A mother raised her just like your own mum raised you.
Did you read and understand my previous post before posting this.

Let me ask you a question, if you visit your guy, and while you're at his place, you see his mom coming maybe from the market or from a function with some load, would you play the blind and mute role since you're a visitor or would you respect her age and assist her with it...please be honest with your answer.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nazgul:

Did you read and understand my previous post before posting this.

Let me ask you a question, if you visit your guy, and while you're at his place, you see his mom coming maybe from the market or from a function with some load, would you play the blind and mute role since you're a visitor or would you respect her age and assist her with it...please be honest with your answer.

Her son will take over from her.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
JovialJune:
Being polite is if she had offered to help, I wouldn't raise my legs when I see an elderly woman sweeping, I would offer to help

And at the same time, it was wrong of the mother to sweep when there is a guest

Me thinks the mother sweeping in her presence was delibrately done to see her reaction and guage her manners, the shiit tests most ladies go through when they visit their in-laws for the first time.

That test is shiit to me. Well, the tests can never work for me sha. I'll fail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nazgul: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Her son will take over from her.
So if I understand this your post correctly, you can never put yourself in the position of helping elderly people because you feel they're not your parents.

Remember that one day you'll grow old, and you'll feel very bad when young people Ignore your grey hair and treat you like you don't exist...when you're you struggling to lift a heavy load and children whom you expect to lend a helping hand turn their heads elsewhere because you didn't give birth to them...how would you feel?

What we wish others has a way of coming back to us, therefore be careful what you wish them.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by postmann: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this topic on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

Signed; Bitterleaf Feminist.

Where does one begin to address your folly? Is this a sincere submission or just a gateway to draw attention to yourself? Your bare-chested DP seems persuasive of the later. And then, "you want to eat your cake and have your pancakes back." Your profile provides a brief but conclusive psychoanalytical evidence of your temperamental makeup.

It's not worth the while sifting through the load of pink-lettered, hormonal drippings laced in the crap you called your opinion. If you're not satisfied with your gender by birth, reassign yourself and get a dìck and come into a man's world let's see how you measure up.

You thought if GOD made a mistake.... the sheer arrogance of an earthen vessel who can't even manage her monthly crimson inconvenience....

85 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Karleb:

Na una get time to dey reply that evening newspaper. Frustration dun finish aunty, na vexation aunty carry dey enter Nairaland, with her small body like 18year old while aunty dun clock 35 or so

22 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You should come here and let me give you a smackdown to jolt you back to reality. You have an entitlement mentality.
Lolsssss, waiting person no go see for Nairaland, so midget like u fit do smackdown?

5 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
postmann:

Where does one begin to address your folly? Is this a sincere submission or just a gateway to draw attention to yourself? Your bare-chested DP seems persuasive of the later. And then, "you want to eat your cake and have your pancakes back." Your profile provides a brief but conclusive psychoanalytical evidence of your temperamental makeup.

It's not worth the while sifting through the load of pink-lettered, hormonal drippings laced in the crap you called your opinion. If you're not satisfied with your gender by birth, reassign yourself and get a dìck and come into a man's world let's see how you measure up.

You thought if GOD made a mistake.... the sheer arrogance of an earthen vessel who can't even manage her monthly crimson inconvenience....

Lol..

Oga, face the topic and stop capping with your vocabularies here. Like I care. LMAO.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2022

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ishilove: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Toh. We have been reduced to maids and cooks. Until you have properly engaged me, I remain a guest in your home and as I do not expect a guest to help with house chores unless I specifically request, don't expect me to go to your house and start forming the girl is good. The girl is not a pretender!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
Please define rude here.

She is a guest, is it when a guest is in your house you begin to sweep? As someone pointed earlier why did the well-trained son not collect the broom from the mother why did it have to be the girl a guest for that matter.
asdfjklhaha:

I agree with you. Her behavior is so wrong I can't go at my aunt's place and see her sweeping and cross leg, I will help her out. We girls should stop defending foolishness, that girl is rude.

Ishilove:
Toh. We have been reduced to maids and cooks. Until you have properly engaged me, I remain a guest in your home and as I do not expect a guest to help with house chores unless I specifically request, don't expect me to go to your house and start forming the girl is good. The girl is not a pretender!
Exactly.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
UpInTheSky:
He doesn't see anything wrong with him not collecting the broom from his mom and doing the sweeping for her
like a trained son ought to do, but somehow his GUEST who lifted her leg to move out of his mom's way is the problem,
simply because she's a female.

The double standard is alarming and quite disgusting.
Gbam

7 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ishilove: 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
Please define rude here.

She is a guest, is it when a guest is in your house you begin to sweep? As someone pointed earlier why did the well-trained son not collect the broom from the mother why did it have to be the girl a guest for that matter.

Exactly.
I wonder o. My mum will never allow my brothers' girlfriends to assist in chores because they are just girlfriends. They want to turn somebody's daughter to a housemaid.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ishilove: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
UpInTheSky:
He doesn't see anything wrong with him not collecting the broom from his mom and doing the sweeping for her
like a trained son ought to do, but somehow his GUEST who lifted her leg to move out of his mom's way is the problem,
simply because she's a female.

The double standard is alarming and quite disgusting.
Nauseating, to put it mildly

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by postmann: 6:35am On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol..

Oga, face the topic and stop capping with your vocabularies here. Like I care. LMAO.

I already did!

postmann:

6 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2022
This isn't even about pretense or trying to play a good girl.But who you are! Moral is fast becoming a thing of the past, so is empathy. It's so uncultured, uncouth and totally mannerless for a young person to raise his or her legs up for an elderly person to sweep. I'm certain she's not sweeping a dessert,so the act of chivalry to take the broom from her shouldn't be a big deal to a well trained and right thinking person. It won't kill if you help the woman.

Personally, I will do that for the woman and as well let the guy know he is wrong for not taking the broom from his mum. It speaks a lot about him.That's how to raise a standard and eradicate unreasonable beliefs and practices not by throwing your upbringing into the thin air because you want to prove a point . Two wrongs don't make a right, you don't claim a standard by acting substandard. It brings out all you stand for in a negative perspective.

I typed this because of some things I read here not because I believe that guy in the picture. Lol he's known for making up nonsense just to trend. cheesy

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by lilyheaven: 7:55am On Jul 07, 2022
Once I notice you are about to sweep, I will walk away.
Sweeping the floor , when a visitor is around means, that visitor is not welcome.
UyaiIncomparabl:

You aren't serious. Why must the house be swept when I am around? It's rude, simple! A guest for that matter!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 8:28am On Jul 07, 2022
Nazgul:

Nothing like cruise, na frustration dey worry am. Don't u know that once a woman dun clock 35years, she start agitating, coupled with ops midget stature

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Nothing like cruise, na frustration dey worry am. Don't u know that once a woman dun clock 35years, she start agitating, coupled with ops midget stature

I guess you were there when my mother gave birth to me? Don't you have anything else to say other than this "evening newspaper thingy"?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2022
lilyheaven:
Once I notice you are about to sweep, I will walk away.
Sweeping the floor , when a visitor is around means, that visitor is not welcome.

GBAM!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:36am On Jul 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Case closed!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / A Family Of 11 With, 4 Sets Of Identical Twins And A Son / Amazing Transformation Of A Lady Born Bow-Legged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.