Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. (45217 Views)

14 Strategies To Avoid Unnecessary Pressure In 2023 / Men Stop Bullying Your Pregnant Wife. / I Suspect My Wife Is Setting Me Up With Her Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nyascobar1414: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Sorry comr sir, Jah no dey hear prayer of evening newspaper bcs dey hv useless their youthful and fruitful age coupled with her stature as midget

Dammn.. So pathetic..
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nyascobar1414: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2022
Persephone1:
Direct the puzzle to your Mama as a homework gift from me.

Lol..
E pain am
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nyascobar1414: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Comr sir, na here we go scatter d place, no space for d gender that Jah regretted creating.

Seconded...
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nyascobar1414: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Comr sir, u fit marry midget? If NO, that means u dun see where wahala dey

Chissoooss... So na midget be dat..

Awwnn.. She doesn't have a place in the dating market...
So pathetic!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Seconded...
Comr Sir, is di vavulence ending any time soon?
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nyascobar1414: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
Comr Sir, is di vavulence ending any time soon?
Vawulence has no end.. For it can neither be created nor destroyed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Dammn.. So pathetic..
That's just d begining of dis vavulence
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Vawulence has no end.. For it can neither be created nor destroyed.
I HEAR U SIR. COMR SIR, PERMIT ME TO CONTINUE D VAVULENCE
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Chissoooss... So na midget be dat..

Awwnn.. She doesn't have a place in the dating market...
So pathetic!
Ohhhh my fucking world, comr sir. U mean no show for her in dating world?
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by LagBae(f): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2022
It depends. If it was her first time visiting the family; maybe as a form of introduction, she shouldn't be expected to sweep because she is still considered a guest.

If it's a case where it's not her first time visiting and she's familiar with and practically considered a member of the family, curtsey demands that she offers to help.

9 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nyascobar1414: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Ohhhh my fucking world, comr sir. U mean no show for her in dating world?

Fr bro
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by meobizy(f): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
Thread for jambites and unemployed people. I’m out.

5 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by ibechris(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
See if u like fine,if u like no fine...If I like your business sense and discipline as a woman,every other thing na rubbish.

Because I can wash,I can help u to cook,I wash your clothes as my wife...I bath my children regularly,who says is a woman's job?

I don't just write this here to curry favour from the ladies,but that is just me at home. I wash dishes at home times without number,even my nanny sometimes gets scared about her jobs.

Men should stop setting standards because if u push a lady to pretend along and u eventually marries her,u are a gonner,then u will see what u never bargained for in the marriage.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by ShaqFu: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Ishilove:
Toh. We have been reduced to maids and cooks. Until you have properly engaged me, I remain a guest in your home and as I do not expect a guest to help with house chores unless I specifically request, don't expect me to go to your house and start forming the girl is good. The girl is not a pretender!
You're getting it wrong. See it this way. You visit a person, he or she prepares a meal, they serve the food, invite you to come and join and they didn't provide extra cutlery. This is a pointer they're not expecting you to actually say yes you'll join in the meal. If you say yes, they go ahead and provide cutlery.

Now with the OP, I believe the mother in question isn't expecting the girl to take the broom from her and help her sweep the house, she should have at least made an attempt to assist the woman. If she says no, okay, if she says yes, so be it.

This is no different from us getting up from our seat when an elderly person enters the bus when there's no seat left for them. It is just simple courtesy. smiley

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
LagBae:
It depends. If it was her first time visiting the family; maybe as a form of introduction, she shouldn't be expected to sweep because she is still considered a guest.

If it's a case where it's not her first time visiting and she's familiar with and practically considered a member of the family, curtsey demands that she at offers to help.

She's a guest. And that means that was her first time visit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by emmanuelbrown26: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Aunty rest small. All these midget self

7 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
grin grin grin

Poverty debate, I can’t relate

5 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by capnies: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It beats my imagination because these men will never meet half the standards they set for women. And I am not capping! They want virgins, but ain't virgins. They want a woman who can cook, clean, be a mistress in the bedroom and also a top-performing manager at work like Alakija, while they are under performers.

They can't meet half of what they set.

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A VIRGIN MAN: VIRGINITY IS ONLY ASSOCIATED WITH WOMEN, THAT IS WHY THE BARRIER WAS PLACED THERE FOR YOU TO PROVE YOUR MORALITY. WHOSOEVER BREAKS THAT BARRIER SHOULD MARRY YOU, BECAUSE THAT BARRIER EQUALS BRIDE PRICE. WE MEN ARE FOOLISH THAT IS WHY A WOMAN WITHOUT THE HYMEN CAN INSULT MAN. WHEN YOU LOOSE YOUR HYMEN TO ANOTHER MAN DON'T INSULT ANYMAN THAT HAS STOOPED LOW TO TAKE THE REMNANT, AND YOU BECOME A FREE WOMAN NO MORE BRIDE PRICE, OR YOU GO BACK TO THE PERSON THAT TOOK THE HYMEN FROM YOU PERIOD.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You are a guest. My dad will never oblige your request.
Why're you guys always complaining? If my gender irks you so much then carry your load disappear, they're over 7 billion people in this world to think of yourself as highly important

4 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
ibechris:
See if u like fine,if u like no fine...If I like your business sense and discipline as a woman,every other thing na rubbish.

Because I can wash,I can help u to cook,I wash your clothes as my wife...I bath my children regularly,who says is a woman's job?

I don't just write this here to curry favour from the ladies,but that is just me at home. I wash dishes at home times without number,even my nanny sometimes gets scared about her jobs.

Men should stop setting standards because if u push a lady to pretend along and u eventually marries her,u are a gonner,then u will see what u never bargained for in the marriage.

You have a wife and a house help yet you still wash dishes?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by LagBae(f): 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Then she shouldn't be sweeping their house for them as a guest.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
I speak into ur soul. May ur head go blank. Start eating the seed of darkness. Chew the sand of misery while u cry for help in bitterness n pain . Your God will forsake u!!
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

I have told you so many times to stop writing in English language. Your spelling and comprehension skills is atrocious. To even think you gave yourself the moniker: techwriter3.

Which foolish company or individuals will allow someone that can't even compose simple English write technical scripts? undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kajaard: 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
Tamilore11:
I speak into ur soul. May ur head go blank. Start eating the seed of darkness. Chew the sand of misery while u cry for help in bitterness n pain . Your God will forsake u!!

All you wrote there will be your portion in Jesus name. I see how you lay curses everywhere. Your suffering starts now. Amen.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by ibechris(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
Kaiair:

You have a wife and a house help yet you still wash dishes?

She won't kill herself because na mama born am too.

See,I need my children to learn something from me not from my nanny. And u know children learn by seeing.
I have an uncle who spoilt his children with nanny and today,those children couldn't help themselves always waiting for someone to wash for them and this affected them seriously.

So,understand me ok.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by FahBuLous: 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
But reason this thing o...

We are Africans for crying out loud, this isn't the western part of the world...

Even if it's not your potential in-law, it's very wrong to raise your legs for the elderly to sweep under them..

Instead of raising your legs, just get up and leave the place then maybe come back when she is done sweeping...

Girls of this days are not well trained at all..

Imagine the level of insult, if I was the woman, I will wipe her that broom and send her out, stupid untrained fool...

7 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by crackhaus: 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this post on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

Signed; Bitterleaf Feminist.
Who are you directing your angst at exactly?

The mother, or the son?

3 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by oluplus(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this post on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

Signed; Bitterleaf Feminist.

If it was your mother that was sweeping, while you were pressing phone, what would you have done? Raise up your leg so she could sweep properly?
I am talking to you the OP, not the lady in question.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Bekind123: 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
Karleb:
Has the world gone mad?
How were you raised?

When elders are doing a chore, are you not supposed to at least offer to help?

It's what guys do easily.

This is a type of conversation that needs to happen real life. Someone needs to slap you back to your senses.
And what is the said man doing that he can't sweep where he stays with the mum?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by satandeterrible: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
ibechris:

Who be this fool?
Women set standards for men all the time.
Women set financial standard, height, stature, physique of the man the want to marry.
But it is a crime for a man to have his own standards?
You're very sick in the head.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
crackhaus:

Who are you directing your angst at exactly?

The mother, or the son?

The both of them!

The mother for having an entitlement mentality.

And the son for not being well trained by his mother to have collected the broom from her to sweep rather aided his mom to fuel her entitlement mentality!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
satandeterrible:

Who be this fool?
Women set standards for men all the time.
Women set financial standard, height, stature, physique of the man the want to marry.
But it is a crime for a man to have his own standards?
You're very sick in the head.

You are the sick one for calling him sick. He spilt the truth all in a wrap! Cover your face in shame.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
oluplus:

If it was your mother that was sweeping, while you were pressing phone, what would you have done? Raise up your leg so she could sweep properly?
I am talking to you the OP, not the lady in question.

Is the son's mom my mom? Don't you guys read? She was a FORKING guest! Is that how you treat your guests? Don't ever ask me nasty questions.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / A Family Of 11 With, 4 Sets Of Identical Twins And A Son / Amazing Transformation Of A Lady Born Bow-Legged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.