Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate (42871 Views)

The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by dabrowny: 6:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Please how do I apply for Police Clearance certificate from Canada. Please assist with a detailed breakdown of how to go about it. Thank you
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Goshen22: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
Good day all,

Please on my PCC application, I saw secretariat routing completed but the status still showed pending. What does it mean?
Does it mean I can go for biometrics?

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by MadeMan01(m): 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hello,
What is the process for renewing PCC?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Eky29: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Good morning
We’re you able to solve your problems with Nin while registering or is there another way to do this?
I’m in the same situation for more than 2 weeks now.
My international passport has 3 names and my Nin and BVN has 2 names. When I went for registration they said it can’t work out, I was advised to either i make the name to be the same as it is in my international passport to NIN or BVN.
I went to Nin office and added the additional name and till date the name hasn’t changed. The Nin guy keeps complaining of Server issues for more than 2 weeks now.

I have sworn affidavits confirmation of names and they it will still not work. That I must change the name.
Who’s in this kind of situation, i need help urgently.

Jade3:
Hello everyone,
Please help me out as I’m confused,
I have been trying to Register on the possap site for my police clearance certificate and it isn’t going through, I was told that I’m having issues with my NIN, how true can this be?

Because I’ve used this NIN for practically everything and I haven’t experienced any issue before. I’ve changed my browser and all that still saying “something went wrong” or “NIN not found”
Kindly advice please
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by muhyideenabdul(m): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
Eky29:
Good morning
We’re you able to solve your problems with Nin while registering or is there another way to do this?
My international passport has 3 names and my Nin and BVN has 2 names. When I went for registration they said it can’t work out, I was advised to either i make the name to be the same as it is in my international passport to NIN or BVN.
I went to Nin office and added the additional name and till date the name hasn’t changed. The Nin guy keeps complaining of Server issues for more than 2 weeks now.

I have sworn affidavits confirmation of names and they it will still not work. That I must change the name.

NIN issue use to be frustrated than any other thing at times.

You have to press key high on it to become three names because there won't be change on the passport. The NIN is the main issue. Make sure you look for anyone working in the NIN, make a serious bargain even though if it worth both two of you to go to the headquarter for the rectifying in order to meet up with your time. Though it is true that the network is very bad for over two months.

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by OghenemarhoJude(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2023
Please, I need to get the certificate but I'm in Abraka, Delta State. And I don't have an international passport.
Can anyone help out with the necessary information.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by muhyideenabdul(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
OghenemarhoJude:
Please, I need to get the certificate but I'm in Abraka, Delta State. And I don't have an international passport.
Can anyone help out with the necessary information.

The international passport is the key for the registration
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by olumii: 4:56am On Oct 12, 2023
Register on the website www.possap.ng with your email address. Kindly ensure its an email you have access to and use regularly.

Fill the online form and ensure you pick "International " as your location, thats for Nigerians in diaspora.

You will be ask for your international passport data page, passport photograph and proof of address you are abroad( probably ur PR card or other means of identification)

Make the payment of N30,000 ( N25,000 and N5000) and once payment goes through and is confirmed, you will be sent a biometric form to fill and resend back.

The process for those in the diaspora is so straightforward and easy...no bottle neck or room for corruption.

Turn around time for all this process should be 48-72 hours maximum. You could even get lucky and get it done in 24 hours. Cheers.

dabrowny:
Please how do I apply for Police Clearance certificate from Canada. Please assist with a detailed breakdown of how to go about it. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by MadeMan01(m): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2023
Hello House
What is the process for renewing Police Clearance Certificate. The one I got in June expired after 3 months because I could not get Portugal Embassy appointment.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by kellystech(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2023
chrisoo:

Eventually, I called a friend of mine in Police State CID in Port Harcourt. He told to come over to the office and directed me to a business center opposite the State CID. I made my online application and payment within 15mins and got my online receipt and sms immediately. I had to pay N1500 to the business center for the job and another N500 for POS. I can confirm that N30k I paid online is just for Police Head quarters in Abuja. My friend said I should prepare around 20k for biometric.... invitation will be sent via sms after three days. So generally, it will cost N100k to obtain Police Character certificate (PCC). Something that was obtainable with N10k early this year. The big Boyz in Abuja want to Cash out on all of us that want to Japan! Nigeria we hail thee!
I will like to reach you on the process if you dnt mind
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Stan554: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2023
olumii:
Register on the website www.possap.ng with your email address. Kindly ensure its an email you have access to and use regularly.

Fill the online form and ensure you pick "International " as your location, thats for Nigerians in diaspora.

You will be ask for your international passport data page, passport photograph and proof of address you are abroad( probably ur PR card or other means of identification)

Make the payment of N30,000 ( N25,000 and N5000) and once payment goes through and is confirmed, you will be sent a biometric form to fill and resend back.

The process for those in the diaspora is so straightforward and easy...no bottle neck or room for corruption.

Turn around time for all this process should be 48-72 hours maximum. You could even get lucky and get it done in 24 hours. Cheers.

Hello, please I want to ask about the biometric form that would be sent, how long does it take for them to send it through, it’s been 2 days and I’m yet to receive any email.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Legitmenaija: 5:42am On Oct 14, 2023
Please how do i go about this? My location is Abuja
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by olumii: 2:31am On Oct 19, 2023
Hello

At what stage is your application? If its still showing secretariat routing as unchecked, you will have to hold on until its checked completed and then they will send you the biometric capture form.

Stan554:

Hello, please I want to ask about the biometric form that would be sent, how long does it take for them to send it through, it’s been 2 days and I’m yet to receive any email.

1 Like

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by olumii: 2:33am On Oct 19, 2023
Kindly follow the steps I outlined above and you are good to go.

First thing is to register online at www.possap.ng

Legitmenaija:
Please how do i go about this? My location is Abuja
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Legitmenaija: 4:35am On Oct 19, 2023
olumii:
Kindly follow the steps I outlined above and you are good to go.

First thing is to register online at www.possap.ng

Thank you. See the stage i am now. I paid on 16th and have not heard anything from them.

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by olumii: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Congrats.

Kindly go to the police command location you choose while filling your application form for biometric data capture or any location close to you. It really doesn't matter because I choose Adekunle, Yaba and I did my capture at Alagbon, Ikoyi.

Kindly hold PR kudi...if you know..you know.

Legitmenaija:

Thank you. See the stage i am now. I paid on 16th and have not heard anything from them.

2 Likes

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by MadeMan01(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
MadeMan01:
Hello House
What is the process for renewing Police Clearance Certificate. The one I got in June expired after 3 months because I could not get Portugal Embassy appointment.
\
Someone please reply
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by psylliumhusk1: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Eky29:
Good morning

Hello Please were you able to get help with this NIN issue, did you find someone who could do it?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by olumii: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hello

Just reapply again for a new one on the www.possap.ng website. All your details would still be on your profile and you make payment again.

MadeMan01:

\
Someone please reply
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by SirPilgrim(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2023
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by ultrazone(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by ultrazone(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Besty2023: 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
First sign up then follow up with the service you want https://possap.gov.ng/p/login
Someone please reply[/quote]
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 3:05am On Nov 07, 2023
Someone help, the online form isn't going through.
Im in UK. What's wrong?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
heykims:
Someone help, the online form isn't going through.
Im in UK. What's wrong?
it’s working. Try again.

I am at the “secretariat routing” stage - waiting for it to be completed
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
nymphomaniac:
it’s working. Try again.

I am at the “secretariat routing” stage - waiting for it to be completed
When did u first apply?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
heykims:

When did u first apply?
yesterday
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2023
nymphomaniac:
yesterday
It's now going, problem nkw is that I cant get to pay. All my cards are failing. It demands phone number registered with the bank, then it says 'failed'.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2023
heykims:

It's now going, problem nkw is that I cant get to pay. All my cards are failing. It demands phone number registered with the bank, then it says 'failed'.
ask someone to help. Use a GTB card. My own issue now is that it has refused to pass secretariat routing stage. I guess this is where they want you to use someone from back end and pay more. Nigeria Sha!!!!!
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by ShyShyBobo: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
nymphomaniac:
ask someone to help. Use a GTB card. My own issue now is that it has refused to pass secretariat routing stage. I guess this is where they want you to use someone from back end and pay more. Nigeria Sha!!!!!

Contact their support vis email or phone. You don’t need to pay to move it.

This was also helpful. https://myexplorepage.com/police-character-certificate-in-nigeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details / Why Are The Four Other Seaports In Nigeria Abandoned? / Onitsha Petrol Tanker Accident: 53 Dead (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.