Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate (42887 Views)

The New Nigeria-Cameroon Border Bridge Has Been Commissioned (Photos & Videos / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by DanJayMartin: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
Hello everyone. Pls it possible to go to the Force Headquarters for biometrics on a Saturday?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
nymphomaniac:
ask someone to help. Use a GTB card. My own issue now is that it has refused to pass secretariat routing stage. I guess this is where they want you to use someone from back end and pay more. Nigeria Sha!!!!!
Hello, how far about the progress of your application?
I finally got to pay yesterday using Gtbank.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
heykims:

still at secretariat routing.

Do a mail to secretariat@possap.gov.ng and tell them to help you confirm your invoice and move your file. Make sure your email body contains your invoice number and file number.

I did that Friday
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 12:30am On Nov 12, 2023
nymphomaniac:

Do a mail to secretariat@possap.gov.ng and tell them to help you confirm your invoice and move your file. Make sure your email body contains your invoice number and file number.

I did that Friday
Okay boss, thanks.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by mikeayus(m): 5:58am On Nov 12, 2023
Hello, please how long did it stay at this stage?

Goshen22:
Good day all,

Please on my PCC application, I saw secretariat routing completed but the status still showed pending. What does it mean?
Does it mean I can go for biometrics?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by mikeayus(m): 6:01am On Nov 12, 2023
Oh great, did they update it after you sent the email?

nymphomaniac:

I did that Friday
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
mikeayus:
Oh great, did they update it after you sent the email?

hopeful that will be done tomorrow.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by mikeayus(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2023
nymphomaniac:
hopeful that will be done tomorrow.

Okay...I registered and paid online on Saturday Nov 11th afternoon and this morning my application had moved past secretariat routing. However the sms I got this morning says capture expiry date is yesterday November 12th.

I want to know if there is really a timeline one must appear for the biometric capture after getting the sms.

Thanks
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
mikeayus:

Okay...I registered and paid online on Saturday Nov 11th afternoon and this morning my application had moved past secretariat routing. However the sms I got this morning says capture expiry date is yesterday November 12th.

I want to know if there is really a timeline one must appear for the biometric capture after getting the sms.

Thanks
I am not the best person to respond. I am doing mine from diaspora. There’s no way I’ll go to any office to physically capture.

1 Like

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by mikeayus(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I am not the best person to respond. I am doing mine from diaspora. There’s no way I’ll go to any office to physically capture.

No problem bro.

Hopefully, I get responses from people who have done it locally here in Nigeria.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Olamiikunle(m): 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hello house.
I am trying to do the Police Clearance from Canada.
I chose the diaspora option, but i inputted my nigerian address ( i learnt they only ask for proof of diaspora status via email when you submit).
Not heard goten any email since i submitted on Monday.
Do i need to start another application or i should just wait it out?
I need it urgently.

Its stuck on application fee completed since Monday
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
Olamiikunle:
Hello house.
I am trying to do the Police Clearance from Canada.
I chose the diaspora option, but i inputted my nigerian address ( i learnt they only ask for proof of diaspora status via email when you submit).
Not heard goten any email since i submitted on Monday.
Do i need to start another application or i should just wait it out?
I need it urgently.

Its stuck on application fee completed since Monday
you didn’t bother to read through even the last page of the thread before posting. Read my last 5 posts on the platform. Send email to secretariat@possap.gov.ng

During pre registration you can use Nigerian address. Yes, they asked me for proof when they sent me an email.

1 Like

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Olamiikunle(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
Thanks very much.
Really Appreciated
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Olamiikunle(m): 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
Thanks very much.
Really appreciated.

nymphomaniac:
you didn’t bother to read through even the last page of the thread before posting. Read my last 5 posts on the platform. Send email to secretariat@possap.gov.ng

During pre registration you can use Nigerian address. Yes, they asked me for proof when they sent me an email.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2023
nymphomaniac:

I did that Friday
Have u got the certificate?
I sent my finger print yesterday and they reached back that I should exercise some patience as they are processing it.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2023
heykims:

Have u got the certificate?
I sent my finger print yesterday and they reached back that I should exercise some patience as they are processing it.
same, along with my proof of residence. It’s been 48hrs now
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by Don0109: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2023
heykims:

@heykims
Pls boss let's connect. I've been trying to send you a message here since two days ago. I have a question regarding how you answered the questions while filling the dependant form. Thank You.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 1:40am On Nov 17, 2023
Don0109:

@heykims
Pls boss let's connect. I've been trying to send you a message here since two days ago. I have a question regarding how you answered the questions while filling the dependant form. Thank You.
WhatsApp me
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
My approval just came in. Certificate sent via email to me.

We thank God and I thank everyone on this thread who helped. Next is legalization at Ministry of foreign affairs
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by nymphomaniac(m): 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2023
ShyShyBobo:

Contact their support vis email or phone. You don’t need to pay to move it.

This was also helpful. https://myexplorepage.com/police-character-certificate-in-nigeria-2023/
thank you
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by heykims(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
nymphomaniac:
same, along with my proof of residence. It’s been 48hrs now
I got mine this morning.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by larrytoks: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
heykims:

I got mine this morning.

Did you get out certified at the Consulate? If yes, kindly share the process.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by larrytoks: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
nymphomaniac:
My approval just came in. Certificate sent via email to me.

We thank God and I thank everyone on this thread who helped. Next is legalization at Ministry of foreign affairs

If you've completed the legalization, could you please share the process you followed?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by hunee: 1:35am On Dec 05, 2023
Anyone with a contact for pcc in alagbon? Please share
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by iyatrustee(f): 6:44am On Dec 05, 2023
hunee:
Anyone with a contact for pcc in alagbon? Please share

Not sure why you need a contact but the process is straight forward.

I applied for mine of Thursday 30th November, by yesterday 4/12/23 I got a text about the approval. They forwarded the certificate to my email afterwards.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by hunee: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2023
iyatrustee:

I applied for mine of Thursday 30th November, by yesterday 4/12/23 I got a text about the approval. They forwarded the certificate to my email afterwards.

Sure thanks. The timing tho. This is quite urgently needed for a submission today.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by abykemi: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2023
I made a mistake when signing up on the POSSAP site by entering a wrong residential state and residential LGA. How can i rectify this? Has any one faced this issue before?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by hunee: 7:35am On Dec 07, 2023
I dont think it is an issue. It will not reflect in your pcc
abykemi:
I made a mistake when signing up on the POSSAP site by entering a wrong residential state and residential LGA. How can i rectify this? Has any one faced this issue before?
However, you can contact the customeer service on the website for more information.

1 Like

Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by SOCRATES77(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
Guys, how can I get police clearance in nigeria when I am already in the uk?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by TYPOP(m): 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
olumii:
Register on the website www.possap.ng with your email address. Kindly ensure its an email you have access to and use regularly.

Fill the online form and ensure you pick "International " as your location, thats for Nigerians in diaspora.

You will be ask for your international passport data page, passport photograph and proof of address you are abroad( probably ur PR card or other means of identification)

Make the payment of N30,000 ( N25,000 and N5000) and once payment goes through and is confirmed, you will be sent a biometric form to fill and resend back.

The process for those in the diaspora is so straightforward and easy...no bottle neck or room for corruption.

Turn around time for all this process should be 48-72 hours maximum. You could even get lucky and get it done in 24 hours. Cheers.

Hi there. Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I'll like to ask for a minor clarification please. I am applying from Diaspora.

At the sign-up stage, they ask for BVN or NIN. Once that is inserted, the system updates the form with my name and Nigerian phone number before going on to ask for more details, including residential address (State, Local Govt and Address). Is this the point where we choose International? I ask because I only see all 36 states of the federation here and there is no "International'.

Should I simply choose a State where I have family in Nigeria or should I reach out to them for help?
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by TYPOP(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
TYPOP:

Hi there. Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I'll like to ask for a minor clarification please. I am applying from Diaspora.

At the sign-up stage, they ask for BVN or NIN. Once that is inserted, the system updates the form with my name and Nigerian phone number before going on to ask for more details, including residential address (State, Local Govt and Address). Is this the point where we choose International? I ask because I only see all 36 states of the federation here and there is no "International'.

Should I simply choose a State where I have family in Nigeria or should I reach out to them for help?

nymphomaniac:

I just read the post above by nymphomaniac and I believe it answers my question.

Thanks a million.
Re: Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate by lady25(f): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
iyatrustee:

hi..did you go for biometrics.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Onitsha Petrol Tanker Accident: 53 Dead (Video) / Car Summersaults On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Car Falls Off A Bridge In Ibadan, Lands On A Commercial Bus (Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.