Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? (31154 Views)

Sleep with this pretty lady and risk sticking inside her for the next 3 day! / Why Do I Keep Meeting Girls From Troubled Families? / Why do I keep getting rejected by girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by merits(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:
I've been in love with my friend's sister for a year now, the whole family are cool with me. I and the girl has been so close , we fight, settle, she apologizes immediately when she's wrong, I do too , when we're together there's no boring moments as she keeps creating funny jokes and discussions even if I'm out of words.

So many times I try to understand and dictate signs she loves me , even situations where there are guys with cars whenever we're walking and they stop to talk to her , the reactions from her shows to them she's my girlfriend. Even though we both know we're not dating.

Many times people tend to ask her the state of the relationship or who am I to her , sometimes she says her boyfriend, sometimes her manager because we're in a business together.

My question here is despite she being supportive and understanding, can a lady go into a biz with a guy who she doesn't see the future with? Like she does more of the commitment than I do sef, whenever I talk about the future she doesn't laugh she only says if it's God's plan no one can stop it but she always tells me "I'm not ready for a relationship now, you're not my boyfriend, I just need to focus on my growth"

This is one girl that understands my kinda person and I do understand her too
We fight and settle just immediately.. so many times I lockup and don't want to talk to her she does the checkups and communication. I'm not pushy, the stuff is just balanced .

Even encourages more and sacrifice for me like a wife even some girlfriend's wouldn't do for their boyfriend's...

Few days to my birthday she wrote on her status
"My love's birthday is loading"". Soon I viewed it she deleted it .

How long can I keep accepting this you're not my boyfriend words and I'm your girlfriend attitudes....

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Oluwapresley(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hh
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by omoadeleye(m): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:
I've been in love with my friend's sister for a year now, the whole family are cool with me. I and the girl has been so close , we fight, settle, she apologizes immediately when she's wrong, I do too , when we're together there's no boring moments as she keeps creating funny jokes and discussions even if I'm out of words.

So many times I try to understand and dictate signs she loves me , even situations where there are guys with cars whenever we're walking and they stop to talk to her , the reactions from her shows to them she's my girlfriend. Even though we both know we're not dating.

Many times people tend to ask her the state of the relationship or who am I to her , sometimes she says her boyfriend, sometimes her manager because we're in a business together.

My question here is despite she being supportive and understanding, can a lady go into a biz with a guy who she doesn't see the future with? Like she does more of the commitment than I do sef, whenever I talk about the future she doesn't laugh she only says if it's God's plan no one can stop it but she always tells me "I'm not ready for a relationship now, you're not my boyfriend, I just need to focus on my growth"

We fight and settle just immediately.. so many times I lockup and don't want to talk to her she does the checkups and communication. I'm not pushy, the stuff is just balanced .

Even encourages more and sacrifice for me like a wife even some girlfriend's wouldn't do for their boyfriend's...

How long can I keep accepting this you're not my boyfriend words and I'm your girlfriend attitudes....

Sha no come here later to dey tell us say some females are bad or have entitlement spirit...

Cause, you don't know that some females are better off being just friends than dating them.

As soon as you start dating them, just forget all these you are enjoying from her.

She is doing all these because she is also gaining something from you and if you decide to Bleep it up by asking her out, it's your loss bro....

Get, your self a girlfriend elsewhere.

6 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by somebody02: 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Have you asked out officially?
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Fadafada231(m): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
squash47:
If u have slept with her, she is ur girlfriend whether she likes it or not. If you have not slept with her, you're her brother whether you like it or not.

Hahaha grin
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by TWoods(m): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Maybe she doesn't think you're ready for a real relationship, marriage... i think you should sit her down, tell her exactly what you want from her. Let her know you'd like to take things more seriously, be exclusive and working towards marriage in future while you both grow together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
Just go straight to the point ,tell her your intentions & make her see reasons to your request & wait patiently for her response ,so her final response will let you know your stand.
wheelzcoded:

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by OMEGA009(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
A friend that doesn’t tell a lady his true feelings for her will be in charge of drinks on her wedding day- Plato 1748BC

13 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Blunttruth: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Why don't you ask her outrightly? You didn't tell us if you are sleeping together? Tell her you want to define your relationship and hear what she says. If she says she not interested then you can start having options,but note that being that close with her will affect your new relationship. So I advise you start detaching yourself from her and the business, before getting serious with someone else. She seems like a cocktease.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by advanceDNA: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Manipulation, manipulation, manipulation...

If a woman wants you 100%..u wont be writing all these stories..

U dont understand women...they like all the lovey dovey..attention even though they want anything from you.....

she dey gbensh another guy..u stay there dey do technical boyfriend....

oga..go get your own girl that wants to be with you 10/10...let her see the fine girl....not all these mind game your are sticking around for..

..e go shock am like pressing iron wire when she see the babe

13 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Ukwunu: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Guys I been Away For Long,Good to be back....

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by babadee1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Honestly you sound so confused. Did you ask her out plainly and she said no or what? Are you still holding back from expressing your feelings to her or what? This your write up is not clear at all.
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by friendl: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
You better tell her your mind ,. So that you know what you dealing with?

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by PumpumPrince: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

angry
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Wpp1: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
My question is are you getting money

Why worrying about women if you arent

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by PumpumPrince: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

brother...so u sayin u love yor best friend for a year becoz his family love u back...corrret?...are u gay sir?(no oofeinse) angry
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Rosaline5000:

Nobody left me because I was fat lol, i am building myself, I only used me as an example to say what men want, when I was fat, I was body shamed by men (not that I dated them) but in my place of work when the slim girls want something it's easier for them.

Men are move by physical attributes and do you think Men will want to get to know a fat lady long enough to know her amazing character, it's only family friends that have been with you or neighbours.
Nobody you just meet will take their time to get to you know when you are not their spec.
Most guys when they meet a lady for the first time, all they ask is your pics, do you think the conversation will go anywhere if the lady is ugly, absolutely NO

Look at Kelly baddie and how she blew because she was pretty, do men care to know whether she is rude or have a nasty character NO, all they know is she is pretty and they all fell for it.

Men rather takes risks with pretty ladies with bad characters hoping to change them then Ugly women with good character because at the end of the day Men are move with sights.

So you can be angry but it's the world we live in, men want pretty things so let's women want money.
Life isn't fair
true..men are most moved by physical attributes,but as you get matured physical attribute will not make you wife a woman.you need something deeper than that.so its not mostly physical for all men.lemme use myself as an example..I met a very fine lady on fb weeks ago.after we got talking and knowing ourselves ..she told me she is a student in HND 1,after sometime she said she might drop out because of funds,I say ok,i have some friends that can help you with a job in Abuja with your OND,send me your CV.she said she has not collected her OND result...i asked her why..she said she has problem with her waec grin.see I just weak for her matter.i now asked her,how did you now get admission to HND with all these your result issues.she confuse.My likeness just died immidiately.even the fine just turn to ugly.i cannot be rolling with a lady who is not serious with her life ,if you like fine reach Kim k.i know what I want and it's not beauty without brains.most beauty with brains lady are mostly used by we guys as babymama.or just to use and dump.As you grow older you see the light

12 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by emerged01(m): 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Waste no time,the coast is clear.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Here's a question for you, did you ever actually ask this girl to be your girlfriend? Did you both agree to formally date each other or are you simply assuming that because everyone else is cool with you and she likes you means she is dating you? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by ayotade09(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Baba just walk up to her tell her how you feel about her

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by iykofias(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Rosaline5000:
Tell her you want to date someone else and see her reaction, if she is pissed.
Give her an ultimatum if she want to date you or not.
The truth could be she likes you but not enough to date you as perhaps she didn't see a future with you or have the grandeur of who she wants to be with and you are not the type of person she wants.

I was in a situation like that some months ago, I fell for someone that isn't financially buoyant and I honestly really liked him but I just couldn't see a future with him, the place he is, it's going to take years to be financially stable and I am not ready for that, that doesn't mean I didn't get jealous when I see him with other girls.
But even tho I liked him I had to let him go because I know what I want.

Sometimes girls likes guys but don't want to date them
isn’t it the responsibility of both sex to be financially stable?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
squash47:
If u have slept with her, she is ur girlfriend whether she likes it or not. If you have not slept with her, you're her brother whether you like it or not.
So when you sleep with a prostitute, she automatically becomes your girlfriend too? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Rosaline5000:

Nobody left me because I was fat lol, i am building myself, I only used me as an example to say what men want, when I was fat, I was body shamed by men (not that I dated them) but in my place of work when the slim girls want something it's easier for them.

Men are move by physical attributes and do you think Men will want to get to know a fat lady long enough to know her amazing character, it's only family friends that have been with you or neighbours.
Nobody you just meet will take their time to get to you know when you are not their spec.
Most guys when they meet a lady for the first time, all they ask is your pics, do you think the conversation will go anywhere if the lady is ugly, absolutely NO

Look at Kelly baddie and how she blew because she was pretty, do men care to know whether she is rude or have a nasty character NO, all they know is she is pretty and they all fell for it.

Men rather takes risks with pretty ladies with bad characters hoping to change them then Ugly women with good character because at the end of the day Men are move with sights.

So you can be angry but it's the world we live in, men want pretty things so let's women want money.
Life isn't fair
true..men are most moved by physical attributes,but as you get matured physical attribute will not make you wife a woman.you need something deeper than that.so its not mostly physical for all men.lemme use myself as an example..I met a very fine lady on fb weeks ago.after we got talking and knowing ourselves ..she told me she is a student in HND 1,after sometime she said she might drop out because of funds,I say ok,i have some friends that can help you with a job in Abuja with your OND,send me your CV.she said she has not collected her OND result...i asked her why..she said she has problem with her waec grin.see I just weak for her matter.i now asked her,how did you now get admission to HND with all these your result issues.she confuse.My likeness just died immidiately.even the fine just turn to ugly.i cannot be rolling with a lady who is not serious with her life ,if you like fine reach Kim k.i know what I want and it's not beauty without brains.most beauty without brains lady are mostly used by we guys as babymama.or just to use and dump.As you grow older you see the light.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Timibraun0010:
Oga you're so confused. What exactly do you want from the girl. Not all this and that here and there. Do you want her to be your gf?
Did he even ask her to be his girlfriend at any point?, undecided
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by AZControversial(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
sad

Oga, whether you like/ love her or not, the 'switch' to turn on any relationship between you both is in her hands after all, she said she's not ready for a relationship. But the will to move on is in your hands.

So, if you want to wait until she says yes, that's up to you. If you want to ignore all the green lights she's flashing and move on, it's still up to you.

In simple English, you're holding the power plug, she's holding the switch. By now, you should know who's in control.
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Elvis778(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
Rosaline5000:

Life isn't fair
Great and fair point
Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by Munzy14(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Typical of we the men when we were in the teenage cadre.. grin grin

Anyway make I break the Nsugbe Coconut for you cheesy.

Who go marry her is making his money at the moment..you gerrit? grin

And to the answer you seek, you guys are just friends.
Who keeps hanging around a lady for a year without telling her his mind?

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by ojotobiloba1: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
wheelzcoded:

Ask her out if your heart do gbim gbim for her if not, stop giving the lady too much attention. Life is so easy when we really know what we want in the first place

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by DMerciful(m): 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Are you a teenager? Do you want her as a girlfriend or not? If yes, why are you scared to ask her out? If no, why not let her know its leading to nowhere, relationship wise?

With all the problems in Nigeria, you nor know wetin dey worry you
wheelzcoded:

1 Like

Re: How Long Should I Keep Sticking Around? by chukkystar(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Women are more emotional matured than men. Due to the Business side she is afraid also You can see that's a girl that Loves You but is afraid of Commitment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Because Of Nairaland He Said I Won't Marry His Daughter. / Two Nairalanders Set To Tie The Knot On Saturday / My Girlfriend Is Quitting Because I Don't Call Her, At Least Three Times A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.