Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

My Soon To Be Wife - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Soon To Be Wife (61615 Views)

Man Dumps Pregnant Soon-to-be Wife For His Ex-boyfriend (pic/vid) / Me, My Parent And My Soon To Be Wife; Should I Take Her Advice? / Soon-to-be Doc. Throws A Fit After Hijabi Woman Refuses To Send Her Nude Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by alphaNomega: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2022
2special:
You're the Problem.... You're the one that need Help.
Is that not why he came to us?
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Ppp1p: 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Yankee101: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2022
Walk away
A listening woman is key to a successful marriage
Don't think you can change an adult
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by alphaNomega: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:
Good morning dear Nairalanders,

Thank you for being there in the past with your timely advise(s). I am here again just to get some more on a case.

I have a girlfriend which I plan getting married to as both families are all involved. My girlfriend has had a bad past. She was once abused and all but then I was able to help shape her when I got into her life. I have been there for her in my own little way but lately, she has not been behaving too well and I am not happy about that fact.I will itemize these:

1. She once borrowed her friend her school fees to rent an apartment with the promise the friend was going to pay her back before exams started. Her friend failed to pay her back and I had to provide her with the money in order not to miss her exams. Note, the said friend is a female.

2. Second semester, her pops gave her school fees which I saw the alert. Yea,she travelled down to see me from Lag and she spent some but then I told her she would not have spent her school fees to come see me. Infact at that time I never knew she was going to come because I was sick but she did. So I told her not to touch her school fees again that I was going to refund her the money. She left and I refunded. I paid her flight back to Lagos.

I later found out my girlfriend didn’t pay that school fees. She spent it and when it was time to pay she kept complaining. I was mad at her wondering what she must have used it for. I scolded her and gave her part of the money.(N100k)

3. I have paid several debts for her as she made some mistakes in her online business and was swindled. The most recent one now, she went to get loans from apps online. I don’t even know what would have made her do that as I try assist her when she’s in need. I have warned her severally against borrowing but she went to borrow and now she’s into debt.

I have asked what she used the money for but she can’t even point to one thing. She said she used the initial loan for her personal needs and when she couldn’t pay back, she had to borrow from another app to pay and all. That’s how she kept borrowing to pay another till she borrowed from over 15 loan apps and her debt is running into 350k as at today.

I honestly can’t pay such an amount as I have my own personal problems to carry. I was mad because in the past I have warned her against borrowing and all. Now she’s in trouble and they’ve been threatening her to pay back.

I have told her I don’t have such monies to pay back and even if I had I won’t pay back. I have advised she talk to her parents and siblings about it but she has been scared. I have that money but I can’t pay back as I have more pressing needs to attend to. Since she has refused to tell her parents, I am thinking of telling her parents. I am very close to her family.

This is someone I wanna get married to but with all I’m seeing, I am already having doubts.

She’s from a very good home. Deep down, I love her and she does too. But why these problems, I don’t understand.

Please I seek your advice on how to handle this as I can’t pay such debts. I have done several in the past

Thanks

If you truly have that money, give it to your parents and see them appreciate you better than this leech you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Even if you love the girl, try dey use your head sometimes. That is what makes you a man angry
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by srclark: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thank you for being there in the past with your timely advise(s). I am here again just to get some more on a case.

I have a girlfriend which I plan getting married to as both families are all involved. My girlfriend has had a bad past. She was once abused and all but then I was able to help shape her when I got into her life. I have been there for her in my own little way but lately, she has not been behaving too well and I am not happy about that fact.I will itemize these:

1. She once borrowed her friend her school fees to rent an apartment with the promise the friend was going to pay her back before exams started. Her friend failed to pay her back and I had to provide her with the money in order not to miss her exams. Note, the said friend is a female.

2. Second semester, her pops gave her school fees which I saw the alert. Yea,she travelled down to see me from Lag and she spent some but then I told her she would not have spent her school fees to come see me. Infact at that time I never knew she was going to come because I was sick but she did. So I told her not to touch her school fees again that I was going to refund her the money. She left and I refunded. I paid her flight back to Lagos.

I later found out my girlfriend didn’t pay that school fees. She spent it and when it was time to pay she kept complaining. I was mad at her wondering what she must have used it for. I scolded her and gave her part of the money.(N100k)

3. I have paid several debts for her as she made some mistakes in her online business and was swindled. The most recent one now, she went to get loans from apps online. I don’t even know what would have made her do that as I try assist her when she’s in need. I have warned her severally against borrowing but she went to borrow and now she’s into debt.

I have asked what she used the money for but she can’t even point to one thing. She said she used the initial loan for her personal needs and when she couldn’t pay back, she had to borrow from another app to pay and all. That’s how she kept borrowing to pay another till she borrowed from over 15 loan apps and her debt is running into 350k as at today.

I honestly can’t pay such an amount as I have my own personal problems to carry. I was mad because in the past I have warned her against borrowing and all. Now she’s in trouble and they’ve been threatening her to pay back.

I have told her I don’t have such monies to pay back and even if I had I won’t pay back. I have advised she talk to her parents and siblings about it but she has been scared. I have that money but I can’t pay back as I have more pressing needs to attend to. Since she has refused to tell her parents, I am thinking of telling her parents. I am very close to her family.

This is someone I wanna get married to but with all I’m seeing, I am already having doubts.

She’s from a very good home. Deep down, I love her and she does too. But why these problems, I don’t understand.

Please I seek your advice on how to handle this as I can’t pay such debts. I have done several in the past

Thanks
RUN OOO
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by onojaford(m): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
Bennysam:
Brother run , ref flag everywhere

Red flags everywhere Bros.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by slydog(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
virginprincess:
Op,are you sure Gf don't have mental issues ?,it still baffles me how someone can lend her schoolfees out,it seems her past is still affecting her,op i think you should report her to her family,let them sit her down and talk some senses into her if not if you marry her like that she would kill you with debts.
I know a guy from a not too well to do family that was about going to write his final year exam but borrowed his friend writing 500level law final exam his own school fee.
His friend wrote and graduated, he did not write. This is 6 years now, he has not graduated, he Stays with that his friend on Laos Island and drives bolt. I have not idea what the friend does currently
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by kiyomi(m): 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2022
Oga are yu surr ur gf is not been blackmailed by someone,yu said she was once abused,now she cant control er borrowin habit with no productive evidence. Look into d mata well oga bfo u enta trouble wey go drain u.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by inforesource: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
if you marry her, u can never amount to anything. she is a canterworm & caterpillar.
Let he who has ear hear what you are saying.

In the flip side, such people do make good entrepreneurs. It depends on what she is doing with the money.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Mariangeles(f): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Umu nwoke grin nke a wu ndu anyi, until ya eme anyi voom! Na anya.

The red flag is boldly placed there, but he is claiming confused.

The world now, no be when one will keep a woman who doesn't know how to economize and harness resources even the man is financially buoyant.

Normally okwa nwoke na emebishi ego, the woman will now put a check on him..Ugbu a tables don turn for OP.. cheesy o ya ga put ga check on his woman cheesy ike gwuru uwa o...

This kind of woman, you no fit give her money to keep without akuko na egwu Mike Ejiagha grin grin

Ike gwuru. cheesy
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by gentlegenius(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks
This is where you made a few mistakes:
1. By Bailing her out of past financial mistakes, you deny her the opportunity to learn. People only learn when they are left to face the consequencies of their actions. You were indeliberately encouraging her to plunge herself into deeper financial mess.
2. There's something wrong with her lifestyle that you fail to discover and correct. It is that unchecked lifestyle flaw that makes her spend money she can't account for. Maybe she is addicted to something that cost a lot of money, or she has an extravagant habit that you are either ignoring or unaware of.

Solution:
Marriage doesn't change people, so even if she tell you she will change afterwards, don't fall for that. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Munzy14(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ike gwuru. cheesy
cheesy Nairaland is making my recovery less stressful..

Been sick since 3days now.. angry I just tire..
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by 4lorunsho(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks

I hope this will not later turn to ; I trained her to school and now she left me. I won't do justice for maikbanj ooo
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by StoneColdBiceps(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks

My guy, all na format. Those are deliberate. The way different fraud tricks comes out that's how ladies comes with new tricks especially with technology.
I've met five girls within a space of two weeks. 3 don't have Android phone. 2 had phones and two weeks we knew each other they came up with excuse that they entered one chance and their phone was taken and that you should help them with money. They'll tell you they're chatting with their mummy's phone or their friends phone. They'll send you a screenshot chat conversation they planned with their friends to make it look real. If you're emotional, you'll fall for it. They're basically feeding the emotional part of you to milk you.

Aside from the above, your girlfriend could maybe be possessed by marine spirit �

2 Likes

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by 4richminds(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2022
She doesn't have financial discipline. She is a waster ready to devour your financial freedom. Be wise.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by OvaSabi1(f): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2022
She will easily graduate into stealing and scamming. Take her to a clinical psychologist. This is not normal. She may be into betting too.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks
Oga free your girl friend, she has done nothing wrong of it is loan app, she should collect another #400k more and buy enough food stuff and drinks then plat her hair, buy new clothes to look good for you, people who have sense no dey pay back loan app, Loan sacks are frausters trying to legitimise stolen funds therefore dispersing money for unsuspecting people to payback with huge interest. Just calm your woman down, I'm oweing more than 30 loan app over #900k, I don't care the consequences, I will never pay back, but I'm using the money for better purpose anyway, one of them even threatened me the other day that she will submit my bvn to Yahoo boy, I told her to go ahead, one said he will post my pictures on all social media, I told him to also remember to ask the social media to pay the loan because I will not pay. They stop disturbing me. Tell your woman not to burder herself
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
Any angle you view her behaviour you see red flags.

End the relationship because this type of woman would drain your resources and the stress alone may shorten your lifespan.

The best possible scenario is that she is a compulsive liar and does not reveal what she is using the money on.

A spouse that is always lying is as bad as an enemy.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
Abeg come and marry me
U r so patient and understanding don't know y anyone wud take that for granted
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Mariangeles(f): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
Munzy14:

cheesy Nairaland is making my recovery less stressful..

Been sick since 3days now.. angry I just tire..

Ndo.

O wu malaria?
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Kaymicheal852: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
Kennyprince:
Sorry to say but your. Woman is promiscuous

If any woman can’t control her expenses ,it’s a really bad red flag,she is an attention LovePeddler ,she is both extravagant and materialistic and lacks self control asl wel ,she must have been parting around , giving free money to her friend ,and even laughing at you with her friend that you’re an ATM ,she is a street girl

Leaches
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Sanchez01: 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks
I doubt it is a reg flag. She has problems with managing finances and setting her priorities right when money is involved and that's probably because she believes she has places to look when things go South. If you are financially disciplined, then I believe it can work between you guys. You bailed her out before, meaning you denied her the opportunity to learn from her flaw.

However, it is important to understand these "personal needs" that she spends on. Are they really NEEDS or just WANTS? If you have a clearer picture of that, you should be able to understand and predict her person. In the end, you will live with her, not any of the persons giving you emotional advises online. If you believe you can cope or work on this aspect of her without overestimating your strength, then by all means proceed. She might break away from the habit with time but do not expect it to be instantaneous. There is no perfect person out there. What matters is whether you can tolerate and live with their imperfections. If you can, by all means proceed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Munzy14(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Ndo.

O wu malaria?
Yea + cold.. sad My worst sickness.

3days I didn't see outside....last time I had such was years ago..

People who saw me active 3days ago, no believe am...
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by bsfpro: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
freemi:
she go chop d business money n close down the business
since both of you have a good foundation on love. marry her since you claimed she loved you and give her business to cater for her private expenses as she likes
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by mechanics(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
For you to start taking care of her needs when are parents are still alive means you are telling her you have the resources and even when the resources is not even there, she won't believe you, just be wise.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Berankis: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks
Bro, that love go clear after marriage... Just think through before you go further.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Mariangeles(f): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Yea + cold.. sad My worst sickness.

3days I didn't see outside....last time I had such was years ago..

People who saw me active 3days ago, no believe am...

I gara ulo ogwu, k'owu I zuru ogwu?
I nwetawala onwe gi?
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by OlatunjiJohn(m): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2022
RZArecta:
you just have to be patient with her. Most of those loan apps aren't even registered with the central bank by the way so can only embarrass but can't arrest her. Be patient with her, involve her family but don't break up

A man giving this kind of advice to his fellow man? You will later tell him he saw the signs before marrying her. So you can comfortably marry such person or prolong relationship with them? The flaws he listed about the girl will ruin him. Do actually believe people will change? Ok

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Slmgirldippussy: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks

Pls follow the advise of YinkaOlusesi

You will never amount to much in life with this girl by it side.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Munzy14(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

I gara ulo ogwu, k'owu I zuru ogwu?
I nwetawala onwe gi?
The family doctor mere travel..Will be back Tuesday next week.

So I will run a comprehensive test next week..ka m nñuchaa go di OTC drugs I bought.

As onye Naija cheesy

Yea, since morning I can breathe fine..Though fever returned this evening.. sad waiting for 8pm to run evening dosage.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Juliearth(f): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
I won't advise you to throw away the baby with the bath water. Assist her in which ever way possible to clear these loans. Let her parents know about this also. Before you two tie the knot, please ensure that she cures herself of this financial carelessness.

2 Likes

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by felucci(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
Thank god u are not married to her yet. Quit the relationship because she is a sinking hole. She will bring you down financially. Don't make that mistake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Female Soldier And A Naval Personnel / 8 Natural Ways To Increase The Size Of Your Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.