Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

My Soon To Be Wife - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Soon To Be Wife (61613 Views)

Man Dumps Pregnant Soon-to-be Wife For His Ex-boyfriend (pic/vid) / Me, My Parent And My Soon To Be Wife; Should I Take Her Advice? / Soon-to-be Doc. Throws A Fit After Hijabi Woman Refuses To Send Her Nude Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by ogwuche4u(m): 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:
Good morning dear Nairalanders,

Thank you for being there in the past with your timely advise(s). I am here again just to get some more on a case.

I have a girlfriend which I plan getting married to as both families are all involved. My girlfriend has had a bad past. She was once abused and all but then I was able to help shape her when I got into her life. I have been there for her in my own little way but lately, she has not been behaving too well and I am not happy about that fact.I will itemize these:

1. She once borrowed her friend her school fees to rent an apartment with the promise the friend was going to pay her back before exams started. Her friend failed to pay her back and I had to provide her with the money in order not to miss her exams. Note, the said friend is a female.

2. Second semester, her pops gave her school fees which I saw the alert. Yea,she travelled down to see me from Lag and she spent some but then I told her she would not have spent her school fees to come see me. Infact at that time I never knew she was going to come because I was sick but she did. So I told her not to touch her school fees again that I was going to refund her the money. She left and I refunded. I paid her flight back to Lagos.

I later found out my girlfriend didn’t pay that school fees. She spent it and when it was time to pay she kept complaining. I was mad at her wondering what she must have used it for. I scolded her and gave her part of the money.(N100k)

3. I have paid several debts for her as she made some mistakes in her online business and was swindled. The most recent one now, she went to get loans from apps online. I don’t even know what would have made her do that as I try assist her when she’s in need. I have warned her severally against borrowing but she went to borrow and now she’s into debt.

I have asked what she used the money for but she can’t even point to one thing. She said she used the initial loan for her personal needs and when she couldn’t pay back, she had to borrow from another app to pay and all. That’s how she kept borrowing to pay another till she borrowed from over 15 loan apps and her debt is running into 350k as at today.

I honestly can’t pay such an amount as I have my own personal problems to carry. I was mad because in the past I have warned her against borrowing and all. Now she’s in trouble and they’ve been threatening her to pay back.

I have told her I don’t have such monies to pay back and even if I had I won’t pay back. I have advised she talk to her parents and siblings about it but she has been scared. I have that money but I can’t pay back as I have more pressing needs to attend to. Since she has refused to tell her parents, I am thinking of telling her parents. I am very close to her family.

This is someone I wanna get married to but with all I’m seeing, I am already having doubts.

She’s from a very good home. Deep down, I love her and she does too. But why these problems, I don’t understand.

Please I seek your advice on how to handle this as I can’t pay such debts. I have done several in the past

Thanks

Flee from this woman. She won't make a good wife. Who you need as a wife is a highly financial prudent woman. A woman who collects loan and can't account for it, is highly reckless financially. There is more to marriage than love. Love is just a small fraction of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by pstTheo: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2022
inform her family and let this habit be dealt with before marriage.you can't change her after marriage.love is not enough to make marriage.if she carries this behavior into your marriage,it is going to put a serious strain on d love u have for each other and eventually kill it. issues bordering on finance has caused many marriages to hit the rock.All d best Bro
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by LollySeaSide: 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Oh, I didn't mean Masturbation.

Mastrubation: ( "Tru" not "Tur" ) ...dats, when u personal take urself out.
As a gal, u just go to eatry, buy whatever u want, eat and pays for dem.
Oh, I see.
Did you coin the word yourself because I can't find it related to the meaning you supplied.
I've searched online and in my encyclopedia.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by kcdendelo: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
if you marry her, u can never amount to anything. she is a canterworm & caterpillar.
hahahahaha... Chai nairaland una no go kill person.. Which one be cankerworm and Catarpillar?.. Guy i laugh fall down from my chair
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by zedegit: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

How am I the problem??

You are always bailing her out thus not allowing her to be responsible. You are supporting her ways with your attitude.

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by chris51(f): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
If you really like her, please tell her parents. Then quit the relationship. She will wreck you.

A girl who will spend her school fees on something else is a very IRRESPONSIBLE girl.

She is afraid to tell her parents her plight but can tell you, because she has seen you as MUMU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by chris51(f): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
chris51:
If you really like her, please tell her parents. Then quit the relationship. She will wreck you.

A girl who will spend her school fees on something else is a very IRRESPONSIBLE girl.

She is afraid to tell her parents her plight but can tell you, because she has seen you as MUMU.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by RightToReject(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ishilove:

You have been enabling her excesses everytime, which is why she is yet to learn her lesson. She believes you will come through for her anytime she blows money. Please, let her dig herself out of the hole she put herself in. That is the only way for her to learn lessons

For almost the first time, you have almost made complete sense; this ought to have called for some kind of celebration. However, as usual, you did not fail to show that you are a product of half-education. Take notice the correct way of spelling the following is "every time," not "everytime."

Don't thank me, and of course, do well to keep your mention or direct it to your fellow bumpkins.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by emmyw(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thank you for being there in the past with your timely advise(s). I am here again just to get some more on a case.

I have a girlfriend which I plan getting married to as both families are all involved. My girlfriend has had a bad past. She was once abused and all but then I was able to help shape her when I got into her life. I have been there for her in my own little way but lately, she has not been behaving too well and I am not happy about that fact.I will itemize these:

1. She once borrowed her friend her school fees to rent an apartment with the promise the friend was going to pay her back before exams started. Her friend failed to pay her back and I had to provide her with the money in order not to miss her exams. Note, the said friend is a female.

2. Second semester, her pops gave her school fees which I saw the alert. Yea,she travelled down to see me from Lag and she spent some but then I told her she would not have spent her school fees to come see me. Infact at that time I never knew she was going to come because I was sick but she did. So I told her not to touch her school fees again that I was going to refund her the money. She left and I refunded. I paid her flight back to Lagos.

I later found out my girlfriend didn’t pay that school fees. She spent it and when it was time to pay she kept complaining. I was mad at her wondering what she must have used it for. I scolded her and gave her part of the money.(N100k)

3. I have paid several debts for her as she made some mistakes in her online business and was swindled. The most recent one now, she went to get loans from apps online. I don’t even know what would have made her do that as I try assist her when she’s in need. I have warned her severally against borrowing but she went to borrow and now she’s into debt.

I have asked what she used the money for but she can’t even point to one thing. She said she used the initial loan for her personal needs and when she couldn’t pay back, she had to borrow from another app to pay and all. That’s how she kept borrowing to pay another till she borrowed from over 15 loan apps and her debt is running into 350k as at today.

I honestly can’t pay such an amount as I have my own personal problems to carry. I was mad because in the past I have warned her against borrowing and all. Now she’s in trouble and they’ve been threatening her to pay back.

I have told her I don’t have such monies to pay back and even if I had I won’t pay back. I have advised she talk to her parents and siblings about it but she has been scared. I have that money but I can’t pay back as I have more pressing needs to attend to. Since she has refused to tell her parents, I am thinking of telling her parents. I am very close to her family.

This is someone I wanna get married to but with all I’m seeing, I am already having doubts.

She’s from a very good home. Deep down, I love her and she does too. But why these problems, I don’t understand.

Please I seek your advice on how to handle this as I can’t pay such debts. I have done several in the past

Thanks
I Don't Normally Comment On This Kind Thread But I Went Through Some Comments Here And Alot Of People Are Saying Shit, See Bro, If She Is A Good Girl, And She Really Love You, Don't Leave Her, She Came Into Your Life For A Purpose! You Just Need To Sit Her Down And Talk To Her.

She Could Be Into This Debt Because She Expected More From Her Failed Online Business Which Didn't Click, Just Sit Her Down And Talk To Her Politely, This Is Just A Trying Time For You Both.

Many Wayward Girls Are Out There, If You Know This One And Her Background Very Well As You Claims, Kindly Talk To Her! Be A Little Strict So She Will Listen To You.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by drololaaof: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2022
You have seen but failed to realize the problems with her ,people have advised you that I concurred with ,if you marry her she will mortgage your life and property. She is dubious in character, how can she be borrowing Paul to pay Peter. At the extreme dont be surprised that she is the money spending on another chick she love secretly you using you as a bait to dump you las las. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by kingcolearchive: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2022
Reason why I’m definitely teaching my kids how to properly save. Financial discipline is one really underrated thing everyone should know about Saving has saved me on rainy days several times.
I save with FairSave and it is totally stress free.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Toktee(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
if you marry her, u can never amount to anything. she is a canterworm & caterpillar.
Op pls take this adviser serious... His advise will help save you from future tears.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Toktee(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2022
emmyw:
I Don't Normally Comment On This Kind Thread But I Went Through Some Comments Here And Alot Of People Are Saying Shit, See Bro, If She Is A Good Girl, And She Really Love You, Don't Leave Her, She Came Into Your Life For A Purpose! You Just Need To Sit Her Down And Talk To Her.

She Could Be Into This Debt Because She Expected More From Her Failed Online Business Which Didn't Click, Just Sit Her Down And Talk To Her Politely, This Is Just A Trying Time For You Both.

Many Wayward Girls Are Out There, If You Know This One And Her Background Very Well As You Claims, Kindly Talk To Her! Be A Little Strict So She Will Listen To You.

If she love him, if she's a good girl blablabla.... What kind of a good girl lied and floats Instructions always..
That girl s a liar.

She is a scammer.

She is a manipulator.

She's feeding fat on the op good heart.

There's no love anywhere the relationship.

She's with the guy cos of what she's getting.

She definitely get someone somewhere she's giving all the moneys to.

You my friend you are a terrible adviser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Mariangeles(f): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

How am I the problem??

You're still asking?
When you marry her, be prepared to live in debt for the rest of your life.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by apiski(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2022
virginprincess:
Op,are you sure Gf don't have mental issues ?,it still baffles me how someone can lend her schoolfees out,it seems her past is still affecting her,op i think you should report her to her family,let them sit her down and talk some senses into her if not if you marry her like that she would kill you with debts.
OP Please, listen to this madam.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by funshint(m): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
Time bomb!
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by koolaid87: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
You never marry her, yet you don get debit alert

Red flag òo

You sort the bills, she go still show you pepper after marriage.

Involve her families one time, make dem sort am

If you owed 500k, would she have accepted you n your debts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by TruthinAction: 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks

Take her for deliverance. It is not normal.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Patozorinzo: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2022
On the aspects of school fees, I don't really blame her but you see those loan apps, those guys are demonic.

I can relate we the statements, that she owe over 350k and can't tell what she used the money for.

What brought her to this point is ignorance and fear of defamation. Believe me if she hasn't learnt her lesson, that amount will keep increasing without her still knowing what she used the money for.

If you really want to help her out, don't be too quick to bail her out, else within the nearest future, she will find herself in the same m*ss.

Let her list all the app and the amount she owes them down on a shot of paper and delete the apps from her phone. Also, she shouldn't be scared of defamation cause if she doesn't stop "using one loan app to pay another" she will find it very difficult to come out of it. (Las las, the defamation go still reach her).

Let her look for any job and start offsetting the loans by herself. (That way she will appreciate the value of any Kobo she gets) If you are impressed with her efforts so far, then you can help clear one or two loan for her. (Depending on your pocket ooo, Don't go overboard for her; that should be her responsibility)

I'd advise she also join a community on telegram "zero debt network". So far, it has really been helpful.

P.s: no matter the temptation, she shouldn't collect any other loan from not just loan app, both individuals. If the effort she's putting isn't encouraging, abeg run. That mean she never ready to dey responsible.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by zakkxx: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
God has show u who she is! Run for your life! Stop asking us questions when the answers on your face! Ignore it and u will come to naira land to complain after marriage! A word is enough for the fool and non is required by the wise

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by blesdman(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
I doubt this story as real
maikbanj:

Thanks
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2022
Don't marry her, kill the love before she will be sleeping around with your friends for money in the future.

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Desusi: 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2022
odinson1:

Women are adult children,you need to discipline them so they know the consequences of their Foolish Actions. But real men won't agree,real men like the op
Trutalk.Indeed women ,to me are adult children. When it come to spending in the home,there is no limit to spending for women as long as the opportunities are there.Nonetheless, a few women are still prudent. Op,l think God is preparing you for this woman to compliment her.From your replies and write up you loved the woman so much,seat her down and talk sense to her brain again and watch for the last time. Show her people response to this thread to learn something.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by WarriAproko: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2022
In this case forget about love. Dump her immediately if not when you marry her, get ready to pay dept always. There is no way you will save

1 Like

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by 2elliot: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks
Just because of sex wey she dey manage give you wey e sure me sey you no dey last pass 15minutes, nai you dey mumu like this. Even the sex sef fa, na you still dey hustle the pleasure give both of una.
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by WarriAproko: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
You are dating a chronic liar, deptor and scammer whose brain is filled with material things
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by GodPrince: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
Dirty stupid hopeless simp, I'm out of your thread bitch. Goodluck anyway
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Gospel2Day: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
czarr:
He is right, you can't bail her out of every problem she put herself into just because you want to marry her, sometimes let her fight her battles herself especially the ones she put herself into against your advice, that way she would learn that there are consequences to certain actions and no one would come through for her all the time.

You're wise.
He keeps reinforcing her irresponsible spending habit everytime he paid for her stupidity.
He is the one encouraging her silliness.
She won't be a good manager of your family finances if you eventually marry her.
What I want to know is do you spend that much for your mother and siblings?
Sometimes, God will use such a money waster to punish you for not giving enough financial assistance to your parents and siblings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Mariangeles(f): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Of all these, I can say she’s a fashion freak. I am more confused to be honest

What are you confused about?
What is it about her that makes it hard for you to make a definite decision?
I ga e bulikwe?
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by phemmyfour: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2022
maikbanj:

Thanks
A real definition of caterpillars and cankerworm. Marry her at your own peril
Re: My Soon To Be Wife by pansophist(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2022
Regardless of what you do, please bear these advices in mind.

1. When you are with someone that doesn't complements your virtue, you'll suffer, and it will make it difficult for them to change since your support protects them from the hard lessons that will require them to change.

E.g, if you're frugal and is with someone who is a spendthrift, you'll never save anything, and all your hardwork, money will go to their vanity. You, not them will pay the price of the irresponsibility.

2. Its difficult to change an adult, and it's even difficult to change someone that doesn't even recognise there is a problem that needs be changed. The habit of spendthrift is a serious problem, and let me remind you that money is the number one causes for divorce.

3. Feelings and emotions are just what it is, feelings. For a marriage to work, feelings and love is not enough. No matter how you love a ferrari, if the engine is an okada engine, you will never enjoy that car. It will give you problem until you either dump the car or surrender your peace for it. Same goes for a partner.

4. You can't love someone more than how they should love themselves. Marriage is give and take. You deserve from her also everything you do to her. You may be broke in the future and if your wife can't at least soften and make your life bearable, then you don't have a wife, you have a liability.

5. In anything you do, put yourself first. It's not selfishness, it's a natural rule. Let her also put herself first. Right now, it seems like you are good for her, but she is not good for you. Putting yourself first means you be with someone that improves not reduce you. Love yourself man. I come in peace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Soon To Be Wife by Ishilove: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2022
RightToReject:

For almost the first time, you have almost made complete sense; this ought to have called for some kind of celebration. However, as usual, you did not fail to show that you are a product of half-education. Take notice the correct way of spelling the following is "every time," not "everytime."

Don't thank me, and of course, do well to keep your mention or direct it to your fellow bumpkins.
Carry your mental problem to the market square. I'm not in your mood today

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Female Soldier And A Naval Personnel / 8 Natural Ways To Increase The Size Of Your Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.