Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96226 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ofemmanu1: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2022
Rubbiish:

It is not matter of best car
I have been riding 06 corolla for years & I know a lot about that car. When it comes to speed, a lot comes into play, the weight, balance & engine size of that car will not allow u to maintain a 170. U can only tell this to people that are yet to drive a corolla. Not someone that has been using corolla for Benin to abuja for years. Max speed on that car is 180, so u can't run 170!

Let him go and tell that shitty 170kph tale on a cabu-cabu bolt toy car to his mumu PH boys.

The Op is someone with a bad vision that doesn't know about Performance, Torque, Weight, Rev, Engines, Horsepowers and general driving skills typing shitt on NL.
We wey be beta drivers know say hes a fuckkinh shitt LIE.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ofemmanu1: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Olayetan:

Its possible, I have done 160km/h with mine and I wasn't feeling the speed too much cux all windows were wind up so I won't doubt if he did 170km/h but that speed is way three much cux any little swerve can result to tumble....

Another lieing Corolla sad-boy.

You did a 160km on an overated 130hp bolt car?!

haha?!

With the way these Corolla sadboys lies, someone will soon tell us he did a 200kph on a 180max Corolla.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by seniorgozman(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

The Op can lie for Africa.

170kph on a crazy Nigerian roads with a toy-car Corrolla ??!!!

This is bullshitttt
Honestly I don't know what to tell him
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Neoteny(m): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2022
OK2NVME:

All these rants because of my post?

Go and find work

Jobless goat

I'm not surprised you resulted to insults.

The moment i engaged a pig, I knew mud would fly.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by fergieboy: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7217897/first-body-2010-toyota-corrola

See better car wey you for buy and save like 1.3million

Omo

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ofemmanu1: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2022
seniorgozman:
Honestly I don't know what to tell him
Na too much Hollywood dey make am lie like that. He knows nothing about Speed in Nigeria
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Emmanuel909090: 10:45am On Jul 18, 2022
All expenses 4.1m something you would have bought in PH for 3.5 and avoid all this stress.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2022
Neoteny:

I'm not surprised you resulted to insults.

The moment i engaged a pig, I knew mud would fly.

Go find work .

Lout
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by master224: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2022
Lol…. Op, check your network of friends, it sure me say 1 or 2 of those dumbos abusing you are part of them, cos i no understand y u go carry matter of person wey u no know fr head.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ccokwara: 11:00am On Jul 18, 2022
Please I need the contact details of your dealer.

AbelAbdul:
FINALLY SAW A CAR I WANTED TO BUY
Where I went to buy the car was a warehouse that contains a lot of cars. What port harcourt doesn't have.

I checked the car, it was ok to my taste. Told the dealer I was going with the vehicle that same day.

I made transfer while waiting for the dealer to get alert I have already started the registration of the car.

I was advised to register it so police would not disturb me on the road.

After registration of the vehicle it took more than 24hrs for the dealer to receive alert. In fact the dealer and I went to his bank and my bank to complain.

Finally the alert entered the following day at about 2pm. That was when the dealer issued me receipt for the car.

The car dealer and his brother were very cool and understandable

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Olayetan(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

Another lieing Corolla sad-boy.

You did a 160km on an overated 130hp bolt car?!

haha?!

With the way these Corolla sadboys lies, someone will soon tell us he did a 200kph on a 180max Corolla.

Wetin i wan gain to lie on my highest speed?

You think everyone dey lie like you anyhow,
I did it and whether you believe or not, nah your business, I was heading to berger from ijebu ode on that faithful day and that day was the 1st and last i will hit that 160km/h but I dey do 145km/h on 3rdMB on every regular day...

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adekS1(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
ENVIRONMENT

Lagos is not as people say it is. In fact, the GRA in Port Harcourt is more neater and nicer than Lekki.

Lekki was nothing to write home about during my stay there.
you went as at the baddest period of lekki wt floods,so its not surprising seeing dirts.there r good n neat places in lekki but may not totally be as everyone says
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by obidaddy: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2022
Bros, congratulations on your first car, I believe it will serve you well if you maintain her well.

You took lots of risk and it was an adventure, don't beat up yourself or be discouraged with the expenses & hardships. We only live once in this life. You did well.

This may be the beginning of your trips to Lagos or cotonu to buy cars.

Always services regularly, don't rely on what mechanics say, if you're not careful, they will mess up your car. Google the oil spec for your car.

I believe the oil range is 0w - 20, 5w- 20 or 5w-30. The best mechanics will do for you is to buy oil from Total which are way heavier for the range of your car. Always use Google, especially youtube for fixes on issues related to your car.

Once check light comes up, go and scan and know what the exact issue or area the problem is from. And check online for possible solution.

Consult corolla drivers for good mechanics.

Install tracker, good tracker sir. That particular corolla is a hot cake for car thieves. Install tracker with ability to cut off engine power with the use of your phone.

Don't abandone your car with mechanics to fix and return, especially panel beaters. They will steal your catalytic converter aka indomie. Once they remove this expensive iteam located inside your car exhausts manifold & exhaust pipe. You will hate that car, as petrol consumption will sky rocket.

Once more congratulations and safe driving.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adekS1(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FEEDING
Food are cheaper in Lagos compare to Port Harcourt though they are notyou neatly prepared.

I remember how I was tired of junks then I told myself let me move to the locals and buy good food to eat.

Getting there I discovered that food were cheap. You can eat rice for N100.

I went to mama-put told her to put N300 rice for me which she did. When it was time to put meat, she put her bare hand inside a container and brought out pieces of meats and put in the rice. I was shocked.

I told her I was not interested in the food again.

Paid her and left. (People were lining up to get food from her).

I went to another stand. Her food was under an umbrella because it was raining.
When she opened the pot to bring out food, rain water from the umbrella was dripping inside the pot.

I left the place went to bed without food.

In Lagos food is cheap but poorly prepared.

I didn't buy the car for N4.1m

I said the cost of everything including feeding, hotels, settlement
Lagos has anytin u cn think of,but those ppl selling food wt bare hands no try at all.
Its unbelievable at this age.
There are still some locals that use Bleep or nylon to pick their meats actually

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Neoteny(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2022
OK2NVME:

Go find work .

Lout

Poverty mentality. Only a broke piece of shiit would say "go find work". Rich people say "make more money".

You're a deluded, insipid, tepid, vapid, vacuous, destitute, insignificant blip on my radar.

I don't normally lower myself to regard insects, but seeing as I'm bored today, i decided to make an exception.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Waterbear(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2022
I commend your courage, it's your first time, you made lots of errors looking for a car but thank God you were successful... you spent alot of money I must say, you could get 2012 neatly used Corolla tok grade for half that price or even a very clean es330 for less than 2.5m ... if you had patience and contacted nairalanders before embarking, but for all that it is worth, never regret the experience you had is worth more than what you spent...
I enjoy driving to Lagos and back on my old c 320 very rugged and low maintenance car. Also the cls500 is fuel efficient but high maintenance so that one is for area movement. I'm a Mercedes fan, don't always believe what they say about Toyota's, you'll be surprised their engine and transmission are far way expensive to the Mercedes with a more stronger engine and transmission like the m112 and m112 with 5speed gear.. a reason they call it the bulletproof engine...

Congrats
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AutomaticMotors: 11:37am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:

Cool
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OfficialSam(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2022
ECHICHE:
Congrats.

Nawaoo! Inflation has dealt with Nigerians badly. I bought same car in Apapa, Lagos N1.7million in May 2018. The fuel consumption is amazing. I filled the car tank once & i drove with my In-law to PH.

My advise
1. Service the car regularly with the right & original engine oil (at most once in 2months).

2. If the car plugs are CARRY-COME, pls, don't change it. It is meant to last longer.

3. Replace the A/C filter if you notice a reduction in the rate of cooling. Use a good a/c mechanic.

4. On no occasion should you allow fuel to finish in the car before you buy new one. Always target full tank to reduce fuel consumption.

5. Avoid heavy or overload in order not to damage the car chassis.

6. To preserve the colour of the car, pls, don't use detergent to wash the car. Buy morning fresh.

Toyota Corolla is a sweet car. It doesn't give problem at all

Who told you Toyota doesn't give problem at all? Toyota fan boys are very amusing grin grin

Toyota is the blandest car on the planet, especially models like Corolla, Matrix & Yaris. They're not vehicles for car enthusiasts. They're only meant to carry you from point A to B and fro. The handling is very tepid and tiring.

Op wasted more than 4 million naira for a carton. An amount good enough for sweet Toks of Honda Accord 2008-10, Hyundai Elantra 2011-12, Nigerian used Lexus Es 350 & Nigerian used 2012 Benz C300 and someone was saying we are criticising him because of jealousy grin grin grin How can you be jealous of someone you don't know?

Nigerians are just pathetic when it comes to choice. They like following the bandwagon. That's why a rolling box like Corolla has been the most expensive small car in the country at the moment. Everybody owns one and the price keeps going up. Tell them to buy Honda and hear what they will spew. And I asked myself, is it the same Honda I have owned for years? I mean different models.

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Gottiii: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2022
OfficialSam:

Who told you Toyota doesn't give problem at all? Toyota fan boys are very amusing grin grin

Toyota is the blandest car on the planet, especially models like Corolla, Matrix & Yaris. They're not vehicles for car enthusiasts. They're only meant to carry you from point A to B and fro. The handling is very tepid and tiring.

Op wasted more than 4 million naira for a carton. An amount good enough for sweet Toks of Honda Accord 2008-10, Hyundai Elantra 2011-12, Nigerian used Lexus Es 350 & Nigerian used 2012 Benz C300 and someone was saying we are criticising him because of jealousy grin grin grin How can you be jealous of someone you don't know?

Nigerians are just pathetic when it comes to choice. They like following the bandwagon. That's why a rolling box like Corolla has been the most expensive small car in the country at the moment. Everybody owns one and the price keeps going up. Tell them to buy Honda and hear what they will spew. And I asked myself, is it the same Honda I have owned for years? I mean different models.

Bro, what year is your Honda Accord ?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by seniorgozman(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

Na too much Hollywood dey make am lie like that.
He knows nothing about Speed in Nigeria
Fast and furious to be presicise
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
See the motor wey you go Lagos go buy? You could have gotten clean ones here in PH.

Hope you enjoyed your experience in Lagos, IMHO it was not worth it.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OfficialSam(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Gottiii:

Bro, what year is your Honda Accord ?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by vandops10(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Where is the warehouse located in Lagos
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Charly68: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
THE PERCHERS

Once you enter the warehouse, some random boys would perched on you whether you buy a car or not the will want you to settle them.

These guys perched on me followed me bumber to bumber when I was about leaving the place I had to settle each of them.

Was terrible. Port Harcourt doesn't have such
Wike has dispersed such people in P/H

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ogmask: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and don'ts of the car.

I have finally arrived at PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

the car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.

Abdul, the corolla is not a problematic car. Just attend to little issues as they come up you'll be fine. You can visit my car stand in Phc to compare prices of cars, corollas especially, in case you have someone that needs a car. That kind of journey does not pay in the long run. @4.1m(all expense inclusive) you could have just paid 3.8m here in Phc. Mine is even cheaper by a mile. Here I sell 2010 to 2013 for between 4.3 to 4.8. Just visit me at Alcon bridge by Kefo suites, woji. Or quote this post make we gist if u get friends wet want cars at reasonable rates. Congrats bro... Enjoy your new ride.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by uzoma213(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Op can you come visit me let me see ur car?? I stay in kaduna ,you can come through Abuja kaduna express
this one na bandit o
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by charlesbkd: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Yes
That's it

PrinceofAgoAre:
did you sell the car to him?

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Raysleek: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
chukel:
it has check engine light. I think he should scan it and sort it out.
It has o, I didn't see it well before.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by magicfingers009: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
I created a thread of my first road trip from PH to Lagos. https://www.nairaland.com/4029474/journey-port-harcourt-lagos-google
You could have checked on Nairaland for many similar experiences before embarking on such journeys.

You should have used Google maps too. You can never miss it with Google maps when you have downloaded the offline map in case you get to areas with poor network reception.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
Shascky33:
I remember telling you to buy a Honda civic 2011 incase you could'nt find an affordable corolla. Well congrats and drive safe.
I honestly don’t understand what people see in Toyota Corolla when we have honda Civic in abundance that you will enjoy to the core more than you will enjoy a Corolla.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
tsdarkside:

for crying out loud,you are a nigerian....have you forgotin how to banter....??

you can price anything down....you are such a wuss....you should have stayed in ph....
I was just shaking my head when i kept seeing “i spent 4.1M… 4.1M ontop 05 Corolla? Ahh… anyways this is what happens when people who know nothing about something want by all means to do ITK and end up spending more because they feel anyone offering to help them is out to rip them off. 4M would have gotten him a better car.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by kraftysprouts: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
DAY 2: SEARCHING FOR TOYOTA COROLLA IN LEKKI
I never knew that Corolla is a poor man's car hence why it is not sold in Lekki. I toured the whole LEKKI I couldn't find any.
I visited jiji and a dealer said he has it in Ikorodu.

I left Lekki for Ikorodu
I never said my state of origin is Rivers. Can't someone base in another state again? I said I live in PHC doesn't mean my state of origin is Rivers.
K

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.